Wake up

woah, thanks systemd!

Attached: 74B6B6A8-631D-4F82-BFD4-8156FB7F5DE0.jpeg (3264x2448, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q="init=/bin/bash"
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Reset_lost_root_password#Using_GRUB_to_invoke_bash
distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20141027
debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3031
archive.fo/qQjyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

makes me rethink my idea to try it, thanks user.

Artix is the way to go.
Or void. Or hyperbola. Or alpine. Or, yes, gentoo.

You probably uninstalled systemd's init (whatever its called). You're gonna need to get a bootable arch stick and chroot into it so you can fix your fuckup.

Attached: aclopc97a83z.jpg (1275x1650, 183.38K)

Can't you just tell the kernel init=/bin/bash to get a root shell and fix it then?

64-bit and IPv6 were a mistake. Comfy 32-bit addresses (both memory and network) were comfy.

I too have System D Woes. My Raspberry Pi doesn't seem to want to shut down cleanly any more. It hangs trying to delete a LSB swapfile requirement from /var/swap but I don't remember ever having a swapfile. I made a swap partition on the SD card just so I won't get out of memory condition but the thing stays up for months without using it or with barely using it. Now I have a swapfile? News to me!

Just System D things.

This ass hole doesn't want the IoT and Africa/South-East Asia to get on the internet. You bigot, 4 billion+ IPs is NOT enough.

IPv4 NAT oughtta be enuff for anybody
Also, blame those who decades ago allocated a whole /8 block to only loopback, and did other similarly silly things (such as whole former class E, i.e. 240.0.0.0/4 is unusable because hurr muh "experimental/reserved for future use" but no IPv4 implemention is capable of supporting it).

Init doesn't work like that.

Oh it doesn't?
google.com/search?q="init=/bin/bash"

you fucked up so bad even the computer is panicking

It literally says "try passing init= option to kernel" in OP's picture. init=/bin/bash is an example of that, which should just land you in a root shell (for best effect pass the rw parameter too so / is mounted in read-write mode and you don't need to remount it manually to make changes to the system).

not even windows is that bad, you cannot log on as local admin without a password by just trivially changing a boot parameter lol

You still need root password to access the shell

No you don't lol. That's why to reset the root password you can tell the kernel to just start a shell instead of an actual init process.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Reset_lost_root_password#Using_GRUB_to_invoke_bash

You know it's coming. You just know it.

Heh

kekkity

Attached: this_literal_thread.png (1051x664, 107.56K)

You can rename the ease of use executable and copy cmd.exe in its place and gain a Administrator command line by clicking the accessibility button on the login screen. This can be done from the built-in Windows recovery prompt. It's just as trivial to do and the sanest way to force your way into a Windows machine without external tools in my experience.

DOS just works. Old computers just work. This millions of lines of systemd and cianigger kernel doesn't.

I don't think you trust in my init system suicide.
I cry when Pottering deserves to DIIEEEEEEEE!

Boot into shell, generate initrd, reboot. If that fails for some other reason: boot into a livecd, archchroot into the actual install, generate initrd, reboot.

Yes it does you dumbass, otherwise the init couldn't be done by a bash script. Changing it to bash is commonly done to solve a problem since it'll give you a root shell at the beginning of boot.

You can't. Don't assume everyone else is tech illiterate. With physical access it's game over, one could overwrite the whole system if need be.

There is a configuration to require a password for single used mode.
Regardless, if you actually cared you'd have an encrypted root

I hope that's because of systemd's (((bug))), not because OP removed it accitentally.
I just like, when things I don't use, break.

SystemDick port to Windows, MacOS and OpenBSD when?

You don't need a SystemDicks port for Windows since it can run svchost.exe natively.

Well yes. I just would like to see something as bad as systemd on windows, so it would be funny.

NAT is the worst hack in the history of the internet and it should be abolished.
Kill yourself.

Install Gentoo when you get tired of this shit.

Install Void when you get tired of this shit.

Nigga you're not expected to handle either manually most of the time, and being limited to sub-4GB of RAM is not comfy at all.

Shiggy diggy

Attached: arch.png (357x373, 58.12K)

What are your thoughts on devuan?
I keep getting banned from their DNG list, even though they cited an article and anti-systemd activism I did as a reason to start the distro.
(I was "SGryphon") (on distro watch article) distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20141027

>Originally, Debian was created as a universal operating system for the users. The Free Software movement itself is there to defend users' rights. Sgryphon explains it well in this thread. ( debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3031 )

idiots, if you set it to bash it won't boot your system

I use devuan. Not daily though. It's pretty good and I finally put an end to my distro hopping. It's basically just debian, so you have all the support you need,and the majority of stuff works with it.

> debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3031
Looks like you're banned from the Internet, my dude. Should have just pulled a Terry Davis and wrote your own OS from scratch.

Attached: 9fe9d118093de8e5030833273b212b780112a9fbd85587963648e9115ddf8510.gif (540x405, 800.07K)

idiot, it's not about "booting your system" (as in loading all drivers, starting all daemons, going to multiuser mode and loading X etc.) but just about mounting / and dropping you into a root shell.

Has Devuan stood the test of time and proven itself? what about its predicted longevity? how can an eventual scenario where it cannot continue because Debian has become too hard-dependent on systemd be avoided/prevented?

I'm not a linux expert so I would not know, but probably fine with some minor bumps.

kek

of course they can overwrite but not read what was encrypted

One shouldn't need more than 4GB which is the problem in today's software.

underrated
kek

woah, thanks Zig Forums!

'nuff said

Man, imagine what would happen if your kind was allowed to develop the web.

This but unironically.

I wish I only needed 64k to shitpost. I also wish textboards were still relevant.

You could probably shitpost under 12MB on x86 if you were autistic enough using consumer off the shelf software and gentoo. But under 640KB is a tough task, you probably could get close on ARM though. Personally my setup uses like 300MB for everything to post, and I still have some trimming I could do which is mostly the linux kernel having memory leaks out the ass.

Here's a guide to get close archive.fo/qQjyg but you will have to be more autistic then him to get a working text browser without SSL that is statically linked in under 640KB.

some simpler things like nntpchan would probably work better from those really minimal systems. anything that needs a full web browser to work wont ever be really minimal.

You can shitpost here using links or lynx you faggot. No javascript or CSS needed only the html parser and submitter.

you can post or read posts there with netcat if you want. does not require any complex parsers as long as you can connect to the server and send some simple commands to it

You guys just don't get it. If you want to avoid systemd crap, just eliminate your need for an init system entirely :^)

runit is comfy and much faster than systemd.

Attached: tech.mp4 (640x360, 1.81M)

we need an msdos Zig Forums client

Systemd was made so they can just transition windows to linux. Imagine how many poojet devs on xda will love this, also now that windows has an indian CEO

My cat typed those replies.

So it's not my fault, jurors!

It never hits the swap, but I’d rather have it in an emergency in case I run out of memory.

Yeah eventually they will have to fork. Currently on Devuan, I’m gradually switching everything I can to OpenBSD. I need Mathematica though, so I can’t completely move over yet.

You need physical access to the machine to do that. Even then have fun trying to unlock my encrypted root partition.

Windows user here. Just wanted to tell you what wrote.
utilman.exe
Incorrect. System rights. It will tell you if you type whoami. System>Admin>User
If you have physical access only full disc encryption will prevent people from looking at your data.

you can bypass all windows security things with a linux live distro. only encryption keeps your data hidden from people that want it

install gentoo