Facetime Spying

How likely is it that this is an intentional spying feature with plausible deniability as a bug?
Is there anyway to make sure you're not susceptible to such backdoors?

Attached: Benji Mobb™ - Now you can answer for yourself on FaceTime even if they don’t answer🤒 #Apple explain this..-1089967572307640325.mp4 (520x1326 1.81 MB, 409.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

osxdaily.com/2018/04/27/unable-save-pictures-web-safari-to-iphone-why/
archive.fo/vZluZ
archive.vn/KTkI3)
archive.is/36QO1
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/lawyer-sues-apple-claims-facetime-bug-allowed-recording-of-deposition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't use tracking devices known as "smartphones"

There really isn't. It's just not a good idea to have fixed cameras and microphones attached to devices. If your work demands you have a "smart" phone, leave it in your car.

These things are always intentional.

Not very. Based on how it works, it wouldn't be especially useful for glowdarks. They also already have access to all of people's Apple data through the PRISM program, and supposedly they can remotely activate the microphone and camera on most smartphones whether it's running Facetime or not.

Sometimes a bug is just a bug.

I totally didn't expect that. It wasn't obvious at all. I would be wary of Android phones too

idiots with iphones are making the internet a worse place. ios does not even support file saving so they take screenshots of things and then some other idiot saves that file and more people take screenshots of it and eventually the original is lost and only those disgusting blurry screenshots are left.

Attached: a.png (557x484, 9.49K)

No. It's both.
It shows how it just gives out the data requested even through no call had been accepted which means microphone and camera are freely accessible.
The bug in this case is asking for the audio and video data even through the call hasn't been accepted yet.
THIS IS HOW BOTNET APPLE IS

Smartphones are all cancer it doesn't matter what brand it is

I don't get it (no applefag).
So what you're saying is that iOS automatically recompresses every saved image for no reason at all?

he means the web browser. if EPIC MEME LOL!!! has no button "download image" then you cant download it for reposting on your twatter and faceberg so you need to screenshot instead and that lowers quality

But you can: osxdaily.com/2018/04/27/unable-save-pictures-web-safari-to-iphone-why/
Phone plebs are just retarded in general.

You’ve always been able to download images and can download any arbitrary file type since iOS 11. Would it you fags to even pretend to know what the fuck you’re talking about for once?

Prove it.
Anyone ever watch this and realize that Marty's boss can watch and listen to every videocall that he makes and receives to his own home?

Attached: Back to the Future Part 2 (6_12) Movie CLIP - Future Marty Is Terminated (1989) HD-Km6bFBSVty4.webm (1280x720, 14.83M)

Maybe this isn't a bug in the alphabet soup.
Maybe this is a bug intentionally inserted for Apple and the major telecoms to spy on consumers?

No. They're nice and friendly people.

Attached: IMG_8653.PNG (640x1136, 69.16K)

It's the Vatican backed groups following the old Hitlarian plan backed by the British/Dutch Royal family funding the operations with Saudis and Chi-Coms!!! WAKE UP SHEEEEPPLE!!!!!!!

Is no one even going to humor this idea?

the other imageboard is full of these files that have weird long id filenames and someone told me that its a screenshot taken with a iphone. why would anyone do that if it actually supports normal file saving?

Can anyone give me a good reason why the government shouldn't be able to listen in to your phone calls? It's a powerful tool for law enforcement which allows a targeted allocation of resources based on real-time threat assessments. No brainer if you ask me.

It's a protection against abuses by government.
What I find more worrisome is that Apple and the telecoms could have used these bugs to listen in on unsuspecting consumers, even bystanders who don't own iphones but were in the vicinity when this shit happened.
Even if they didn't, Apple is liable for serious possible damages.

Archive link for first image:
archive.fo/vZluZ
(Related article from the same source that very recently brought to the "tech mainstream" a cuckchan meme: archive.vn/KTkI3)

Shalom, I don't think they spy on you. Everyone should use Facetime. It's so easy.

It might explain why I get a phone call from a spoofed number every few day for the past several years. I always assumed it was to confirm the number was active but it might have been to spy in me. But they be never call via face time so maybe I'm safe. Wonder if a similar bug will emerge with regards to regular phones calls. This bug is so simple I'm surprised it wasn't discovered sooner.

File saving on those devices means they magically go into the Photos app.
They probably don't keep the file names.
Phonefags are the absolute worst.

Yeah this, you can but isn't it great that it only took until IOS FUCKING 11?

And Apple is being sued.
archive.is/36QO1
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/lawyer-sues-apple-claims-facetime-bug-allowed-recording-of-deposition/

Saving images on iOS as is or as a png screenshot requires you to copy and paste it into the Files app manually, which, I assume, most users don’t even know.

EFF are worthless.

When did programmers stop calling it source?

I'm more pissed off that the EFF is the PR machine for Apple Inc., excusing them for highly egregious privacy violations.

Apple probably dropped a pretty pennty into their caufers, but they sided with Snowden anyways, so I knew they were garbage.