The great debate

Should hexnumbers be lower or uppercase?

Attached: 14929889291.jpg (1280x720, 65.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal#History_of_written_representations
iiwiki.com/wiki/YellowApplan_numerals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Uppercase if you write them out by hand, that way they stand out from surrounding text. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

digits are full-height. all uppercase letters are. most lowercase letters aren
therefore uppercase is more aesthetically pleasing. otherwise doesn't matter

Upper or your not autistic enough for this board

uppercase
lowercase is for octal you fucking retard

show me some lowercase octal.

When typeset in lower-case they look more aesthetic, plus the prefix commonly used with hexadecimal notation is 0x, as opposed to OX, or at least I don't think I've ever seen the latter used, so in conclusion, lower-case is the right and superior choice.

Hex numbers should adopt symbols instead of A-F, and have phonetic pronunciation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal#History_of_written_representations

Attached: Bruce_Martin_hexadecimal_notation_proposal.png (787x545, 7.01K)

Alternative symbols (Bibi-Binary)

Attached: 800px-Table_de_correspondance_entre_le_Bibinaire_et_les_autres_notations.svg.png (800x127, 20.25K)

post you cuckchan /g/ancer elsewhere
not a thread/10

>>>/g/

It's more "neat" to use uppercase letters as decimal digits are "uppercase" as well. Then again, lowercase is generally more readable (that's why lowercase exists in the first place). Thus, there doesn't seem to be a clear-cut answer.

I came up with a better system in under 10 minutes.

Attached: Oekaki.png (500x250, 4.24K)

You are retarded. Your symbols make absolutely no sense. The symbols of the user you responded to make actually perfect sense if you are not a nigger.

It makes perfect sense. Count the vertices you dumb nigger. You're just name calling because you couldn't think of such a simple system in such a short amount of time and are jealous as fuck.

Attached: Oekaki.png (500x250, 4.91K)

Usable symbols need to be instantly recognisable and not require ridiculous procedures like counting shit.

None of the symbols you posted are anywhere near the realm of 'instantly recognizable', your argument is invalid. It's based on completely arbitrary logic and if you flip it upside down it becomes even less recognizable. The entire point of a symbolic system for hex is to preserve the information, not read it quickly. What difference does it make whether you can recognize it instantly or not? Absolutely zero. Take your 20 IQ back to reddit please.

You mean binary?
Yep, you're a nigger.

If written by hand it would help to add some form of notation or differentiation to 10-13 otherwise you could end up with some ambiguity.

You're retarded.

Attached: lines.png (583x394, 9.25K)

stay mad forever brainlets enjoy your inferior hex symbols dumb fags

Learn binary you stupid nigger.

Sans serif 1's, 7's, etc. and sans slash zeros should be considered lower because they're trash characters.

Attached: 6 .png (89x129, 1.81K)

Attached: Babylonian_symbols.gif (1386x1362 20.22 KB, 349.04K)

That is font dependent. Some fonts have 'lower case' numerals too (=Oldstyle figures).

The glyphs to denote the decimal values 10-15, are the letters A-F, not a-f.
The use of lower case is an all too common indolent aberration.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (620x398, 39.27K)

wut?

Uppercase, you fucking mongoloid
Consider #3A3A2A versus #3a3a2a

fucking hideour

This is rearanging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's too late to care about such trivial matters, it's over. We lost. All hardware is part of the botnet, and compilers are soon to be made cloud only. You need a high social score just to use one. This is all necessary because of the fake Russian-hacker ruse. Software is a weapon, too dangerous to put a loaded gun in the hands of regular people. I have all ready planned to surrender my processors to the authorities, it's all boxed up, and ready to be packed into the vans. I don't think I have very long left myself. I might go for a walk, until the chemtrails burn my eyes. It's over. Done. Finished. Going to disconnect my router now, nothing on the internet anyways. We had a good run, but this is the end.

Technically it is neither upper nor lower case, and the OP is a faggot.
The glyphs to represent the numbers 10 to 15 are visually identical to the upper case characters A to F of the Latin character set, but are not the upper (or lower) case characters themselves, i.e. they are written the same but are not equivalent.

You can think of them as identical twins - or doppelgangers, they look the same but are separate entities, with different names.

F = pronouced as 'ay-ffff', the sixth letter of upper case Latin character set.
F = pronounced as 'fif-teen', the hexadecimal representation of the value fifteen

Since there is visual parity between the hexadecimal numeral and the alphabet letter it is the context of use which determines the meaning.
See for another common misunderstanding of figure 'cases'.

You might just be the most pretentious faggot I've ever seen post here.

Which one?

Do you glowniggers really need to make your bot posting so obvious?
It is on the level of Nigerian email spam.
I suppose it's to be expected when you're jerking off your ego rather than using your brain.

not an argument

or use parenthesis and sub-index (in mathematics)

What are you confused about?

the contradiction

I don't follow.
The 7 in the image has whatever the numerical equivalent of a serif is, I'm of the opinion that 7's without these marks are inferior and thus should be considered "lower".
8ch's server changed my filename from "6++.png" to "6 .png" if that's what you mean.

For Western Arabic decimal lithography, CAPITALS SHOULD CARTOGRAPH THE REPRESENTATION OF NUMBERS
E.i. 0x1EE7
base16(1EE7)
1EE7₁₆
Ideally you would

And we already have symbols for those:
 ⢸, ⢹, ⢺, ⢻, ⢼, ⢽, ⢾, ⢿, ⣸, ⣹, ⣺, ⣻, ⣼, ⣽, ⣾, ⣿:
iiwiki.com/wiki/YellowApplan_numerals

This is quite literally a decimal system, not what's being discussed at all.
Here's quintal:
New: I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
X XX XXX XL L LX LXX LXXX XC C
C CC CCC CD D DC DCC DCCC CM M
Old:
I II III IIII V VI VII VIII VIIII X