Boomer tech stories

Why are old people such huge pieces of shit, especially when it comes to technology?

>>>/cuckchan/

The only way to deal with these penn people is agree to do as they say, do it your own way, and then invent excuses if they notice something's not quite right, which is not often. Now check these

I think it's because they don't respect it. Not really; if they did, they would learn the medium. They don't really think it's a real job field, probably a holdover of over a decade of chastising kids about how they should spend less time on the computer as it will rot their brain..
I develop software and get constantly hassled after a workday.

My supplementary theory is maybe they just don't respect people.

Of all the things to doubt, you're really going to say my boomer relative being rude and bad with tech is fake?

I'm too honest, maybe due to assburgers or something. But yeah, maybe telling her I did her invalid request will be good.

Definitely. I know people who act like they're "too good" for tech. I don't get it. Technology is cool, how are you "too good" for something cool?

There is no such thing as "boomers" and the fact that you can't even provide a single detail about your generic generational D&C story makes it blatantly obvious that you're LARPing and making shit up. Leave this board, you underage collectivist faggot.

Some phrases for you to apply in these situations

She wanted me to install an app on her Amazon Firestick. The app she mentioned is not available for a Firestick. I said she should get a Roku instead. She got mad and told me to install the app on her Firestick.

Put a third party OS on it?

Why put so much effort into a shitty idea when there's a super simple alternative instead?

To save money?

Boomers are loaded and waste money on remodeling kitchens and buying expensive iPhones and shit. Rokus cost next to nothing.

>>>/facebook/

oqh I see how it is

Maybe she detected how retarded your argument is and that you literally didn't even bother to do research to see if it's safe.
jej

I know for a fact that she is wealthy

Boomer and early Boomer know exactly how you feel. They had to serve as free tech support for ignorant "friends" and family for decades.

Boomer had it worse, not only decades of ungrateful parasites but now they encounter known it all "digital natives" that think they are the master of digital universe, while their sole competence is installing "apps" on some looked and dumbed down digital device.

The only way is to ignore them.
In doubt, say you feel not competent enough for this task. Wait and watch their system disintegrate and becoming unworkable, hide your glee. This is particular satisfying if you had build them a working kit and they ignored all your advice and warning.

It's not that they don't respect tech, they just don't respect you. Based on the post here she either thinks he will lie to shill his own favored technology, or he will lie to avoid having to do a task. Either way there is lack of trust and respect. She is also simply ordering him to do things, instead of asking politely, another sign of disrespect. Getting mad and chastising him for refusing, instead of respecting his choice and trying to politely convince him otherwise. You get the idea, she's asking a favor but acting like you're obligated, this is only done when one feels like they are in a socially superior position. That's the the problem.

Sometimes it's not possible to have a good relationship with a family member, but you should at least assert yourself instead of getting trapped in this position of explaining yourself with autistic technical excuses. has the right idea, I especially like no 1 and 3. Although I personally prefer

Boomers built the internet user, built the space shuttle, built a LOT of the tech the militarys of the world are still using to this day. You should have seen the parties they threw.

Problem is, all the smart ones are dead already. Agent orange, cancer, diabeetus etc killed them all off. The few smart ones still on the planet have had their brains weakened by years of lead solder, flouride, etc... They are basically zombies at this point, proof that even the best of us can be turned into morons.

BRB, gotta go reboot Grandmas router...

You are the dumbest of niggers if you think a powerline adapter will start a fire.
Next you're going to tell us that you need to run a "disk defrag" in order to fix some software configuration issue.

just say that you dont know. its not worth wasting time on people that dont even want to learn.

Attached: 9ab0805dcd1bf7db8ab34b1ef207124b8c16ef9e4d8f1d1a544d46db20b2a1f3.png (1092x1080, 602.8K)

damn that sucks, nice blog

She is right here to err on side of caution. Powerlines should not be trusted to free tech support kid.

1. Early symptoms of senility
2. Inflated sense of self importance, because respect me for living more than you.
3. Feeling constantly sick makes you frustrated and prone to being piece of shit

Dealing with technology is when they are forced to either learn (which is hard even when you are healthy) or accept their ignorance (but see (2)).

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-02-10-01h44m27s888-2.png (704x540, 279.59K)

Who said "all people"? He merely referred to boomers, which refers to a demographic that is statistically rich. The fact one poor boomer exists does not change what defines a boomer.

Please go away and learn to think critically before posting. Thanks.

Not this shit again. How is this "off-topic"?

Wooow, post what you like, it's a ride to the bottom now.

Attached: English-Pronunciation-Funny-Picture.jpg (600x600, 67.06K)

Install a wireless router. It is easier than wired one.

And she must pay it. You don't work for her. You can say her that "Hire a professional one!"

Bet her $1000 that she can't find anyone to install the app for her, because it's impossible
She will probably stiff you when she loses, so then you just repo some of her shit
:^)

Just run some damn ethernet, make her buy it though. And fuck routing it nicely, just run it under a door or through a window or whatever. Or knock a hole in her drywall and feed the cable through, and leave before she asks you you patch up the hole

Running ethernet through multiple floors and walls? Yeah, what a great idea. Instead of using powerline ethernet, which is super cheap and simple.

Don't be so mad, OP I'm that kind of boomer too.

Like I said, just run it through her fucking window. Fuck her. Actually, fuck you because you're being a real cuck about this. Grow a spine, faggot.

You must be really fucking retarded moron! You should be raped by her husband because you like her! If not, you wouldn't help her free!

>>>/cuckchan/

Attached: 9d33fe051a032e14de0c123e49d458435cf83dfe5e51f1763baa70d5168e755f.jpg (782x522, 70.37K)

He could just tuck it under the baseboards until he got along the wall of the room where she wants it, cut the wall for the port wall plate, and drill a single hole behind/under the baseboard to fish the cable through to the wall plate. Easier than feeding it through wall cavities and not as ghetto retard as just stringing it along the floor. Charge her out the ass though.

techcuck

Install secret cameras and record her naked or putting on only panties.

That's bullshit (even tho it happened in canada), I don't recommend powerline Ethernet tho it's a future datamining scan for people who has iots all over the house.

Sadly this.

I know you're wrong, because any teenage boy with zero skill or training is able to punch a hole through drywall.

Did you miss the part where she was a cunt? Fuck her, "ghetto retard" is better than she deserves. I'd give her the bare minimum that met what she asked for.

If she's not paying you and you don't want to do it don't do anything at all.

If you're going to do it, do it right or just give her the bird and tell her to fucking hire someone.

I assumed this is OP's grandma. If so then ghosting her would probably be harder than just doing a shit job. She probably knows where he lives, and probably talks to his mom and can basically make his life an asspain.
Just do a shit job and she won't ask you for help anymore

It's not important whether she's your mom or not!

What the hell is wrong with you?

Lots of pajeets seem to have discovered Zig Forums lately. I suspect one of them googled their name, and thought it was welcoming sign.

Attached: izumu_justed.PNG (191x291, 77.42K)

You can side load most Android apps into the fire stick.

My situation is similar, I live in sub-rural PA on a farm but still very close to urban areas, verizon has a monopoly here and refuses to upgrade anything, so im stuck with adsl2. for a long time it would always go out when it rained. the 1950's telephone lines are all corroded to fuck. It's not as bad now but I have had horrid speed issues in the past. 500 ping to everything, no matter what tracert showed it was verizon's fault took 5 calls to get it fixed. recently i was capped to 2mpbs because of "bad signal" for over 7 months. they said it was our end ofc. we still have POTS so that's good I guess. Dsl is nice since its always dynamic IP but that is the only good thing about it. I live on a dead end street that connects to a main road. If my address was on that main road I could get comcast cable internet like 24mbps, but even less stable and worse customer support. My home is less than 1500 feet from the main road but comcast refuses to cover me, even though they charge all customers a monthly fee for the purpose of paying for the last mile. The real story is comcast and verizon just simply have an agreement to not overlap eachother's coverage. That way you don't have a choice. The worst part is verizon got like 3 billion$ of taxpayer money in 1994, the deal was they would provide every home and business in the state with MINIMAL 45mbps symmetric fiber by 2015. verizon never kept their part of the deal, but claims it did because every house can get internet via copper line and verizon simply refers to their lowest internet tier as "broadband" to get around it. these people are scum. google verizon pennsylvania scam 1994

t. seething boomer

Boomers are a fuck, deal with it old man.

My next block neighbours have decent 20-50mbps Internets, then again they're also younger than 40 for the most part.
Weirdly enough I have a 15ms ping on most vidya servers while theirs are in the 30s-50s.
The block I live in being some kind of boomer Island holdout must scare off ISP technicians somehow, a-at least there's 20 different ISPs to choose from all running on the same shared infrastructure owned by a single ISP so why even bother.

Attached: 042b285476d82360cbafab8838c2ed0da3a56052074c1145dce5601b79eea7a4.png.jpg (495x600, 60.18K)

neuroplasticity.
if you ever have a grandson you'll get the same treatment when their neuroplasticity lets them learn complicated shit your dying boomer brain can no longer comprehend even with brain meds.

Nice story.
Though you'd have suffered less if you used 3G modem and yagi

Just keep on bugging them when this happens. Don't mention anything gaming or they'll just ignore you from what I heard so try to be bit formal and either mention skype and biz shit.
They maybe switched your line over some shitty line. Most technicians would even swap out their shitty connection over your premium one or just ran out of slots and put you on their test line.

user, they're all retired.
I reckon they just chained my signal to another DSLAM farther away, the original one was an unstable clusterfuck anyway.
If it really is some special line/slot reserved for rare edge cases like mine it could explain the low ping.
I also tried getting cable Internet but the ISP technician performed some tests on the socket, went down to check the cellar wiring and then left in a hurry never to be seen again.

case in point

so is that like when facebook or youtube changes their GUI and you complain?

A lot of important details are missing from your story and we can see only one side of the coin.

Now, if you are good at something, never ever do shit for free. No one will appreciate it.
What you should do in this situation is just tell her, this is not going to work because of these reasons.
Your alternatives are:1,2,3
Put a price on each and explain in plain English.

She doesn't want it? Fine, say how much will she pay someone else.
Be polite about it, it's not working out and she knows better?
All good, have a nice day ma'am.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES
The first point that you need to note is that Whites were historically a great civilization. I don't deny that, after all, they controlled over 3/4 of the world at some point.
The second point that you need to note is that Asians are autistic bug-people with no empathy. No empathy = less societal progress since they let people die randomly despite their worth to society.
The third point that you need to acknowledge is that white people have lost any and all traits which made them a powerful and superior race. You NEET-Sock larpers take achievements from the last great men in NS Germany and attempt to make them your own. You haven't done shit. White people are 100% jew controlled, and this isn't because the jew is particularly powerful. This is because white people are emotionally weak. Why? Whites have been undergoing severe devolution over the past 100 years. The two jew-induced world wars killed off entire generations of strong, brave white men, and this has KILLED THE WHITE RACE. You pathetic Nig-Sock larpers need to understand this. There's no coming back from this.
White people are weak and pathetic. They have lost 100% of what made them great through a jewish dysgenics program, and while this is unfortunate, it is also irreversible. So forget about it.
Hapas, more specifically White/Asian hapas, are the new ubermensch, so to speak. We are superior to both whites and asians since the properties of both races are polar opposites, yet meet in the middle to form an optimal combination. Whites are too cucked and have too much empathy, so much so that they feel excessive empathy to subhuman races like niggers, jews and arabs.
On the opposite side of the scale, asians have too little empathy, being perfectly content to watch their fellow countrymen run over by trucks, poisoned by fake food products, gassed by the very air in their cities, and executed by their own government for petty reasons.
These two qualities are, as I mentioned, polar opposites, and neither are beneficial to the well-being of society. Hapas possess something in the middle of these polar opposites. We are much more racist than white people. And at the same time, we have empathy towards each other. Our women are far less slutty than white roasties, contrary to /poo/ disinformation - white men prefer white or asian women, not hapas. I know this not only due to theoretical knowledge but due to actual life experience talking to others of my own kind. We only require the tiniest push to fully support anti-nigger, anti-shitskin and anti-kike ideology, whereas whites never go all the way. Whites can only become magakikes, or anti-illegal-immigrants at the ABSOLUTE best.
Hapas are small in number at the moment but with further degeneration of the white race, racemixing between whites and asians will become more frequent. Hapas will rise from the ashes of the white race and inherit the world.
It is often stated by Nig-Socks that racemixing is evil and bad because "the product of racemixing contains neither of the desirable qualities of the two parent races". This may be true under ideal conditions, but Whites and Asians don't have any desirable qualities by themselves. The races have been degenerated by decades of communist (i.e. jewish) dysgenics (in the case of asians) or decades of war-induced jewish dysgenics (in the case of whites). As such, the ordinary Zig Forums theory no longer applies. Neither of the parent races, whites or asians, actually are suited to their environment. They also happen to have polar opposite qualities, which conflict with the goal of societal stability. This is why hapas are not inferior, but superior to both races.
Note that what I said only applies to White/Asian hapas. Any mixtures containing shitskin or nigger genetics is just as bad as the shitskin or nigger genetics would be by themselves, since shitskins and niggers were never a part of great civilization.