Mastodon and Career Gays

I've seen the threads before about what freetard social networking is like, but holy shit, I didn't think it was that bad until I saw it with my own eyes.

I'm a musician who's into Zig Forums and since I don't really social media, but I thought maybe I'd give Mastodon a try, if not to share my music and make some like-minded friends.

Mastodon.art seems all ri--
< Microaggressions ("not all men", white/man/cis-splaining, using the wrong pronouns to address someone after being corrected, etc)

Oh. Well that seems oddly out of place for a platform for art. Fuck it, let's hit up Mastodon.social instead. Their rules seem less bizarrely specific.

You'd think gays make up 75% of the population if you didn't visit any place else. Oh nice, a hairy penis in my local feed two minutes in.

Yeah, I'm not touching that piece of shit anymore. I went through more instances, and they all seem to be full of people who think their sexuality is an identity and a career. I see why normies and artists who aren't rabid weeaboo hentai fingerpainters steer clear of this shit.

Is there any freetard networks that aren't insufferable garbage like this? Or does it just come with the territory?

Attached: mastodon-gay.png (333x230 21.34 KB, 31.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freespeechextremist.com/main/public
mastodon.sdf.org/about/more
github.com/dzuk-mutant/blockchain/blob/master/list/list.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go with freespeechextremist.com/main/public or one of the shitposty networks.
What you'll see out there will still mostly be trannies bitching about tranny shit.

I tried it once and I don't remember the sdf one being that gay.
>mastodon.sdf.org/about/more
I dont really see any value in the online "social" network idea though. I don't know or care enough about any of these people to spend time reading their posts about nonsense.

Like all new users you haven't found the history of all this.
Mastodon is not the only software. Actually mastodon is part of a larger network and the network is called the Fediverse.
The Fediverse emerged a decade ago. A multitude of software projects were made until some merged and became GNU Social.
The Fediverse federates via a protocol called Ostatus.
Everything was ok besides that Gnu social was heavy because of php. Then it began to expand after multiple twitter crisis.
Then Gargron decided to fork Gnu social and rename it Mastodon, he did change a few things with Ruby on rails garbage.
Nobody gives a dam except that Eugene began to attract sojucs for the cash they generated and problems appeared. He started to abuse of the block system thus creating a silo/echo chamber.
After a few more refugee events Mastodon out of nowhere was shilled on the news networks. It started via a French youtuber (he apologized afterword when he realized what he had done).
Mastodon attracted the worst of the web like corporations. But it's possible that such relation was made earlier from the media shilling since it was impossible that Gargron's server which was 500 users could have supported the half million user influx that he had in one day. It was later discovered that the server was on cloudflare.
He also added a privacy policy that stated that he shared private data with third parties.
After a while someone else appeared, c.webber an old fsf board member who proposed to change the federated protocol Ostatus with his own protocol called ActivityPub. The protocols are exactly the same, it's just that ActivityPub is json and Ostatus is xml.
In a very quick move AcitivityPub became officially as a W3C standard while Ostatus which is a decade old was never not.
The wide block instances became even worse and worse and it's supported by a Microsoft employee which is also a W3C member.

There's a lot more small things to say about this whole circus, like gargron supporting antifa, insulting the people who helped him, DDOS other instances and more.
In between all that you have other softwares that appeared or others who forked gnu social.
Pleroma emerged and seems to be a good software. There's also PostActiv which is a more up to date and documented version of GnuSocial.

If you want to see the fediverse from a much different angle go on other instances like shitposter.club

If youre music is permissively licensed, you may want to put it on Libre.fm. I dunno how many people use it but you could get some decent freetard exposure there.
As for social networks, just set up a profile on some less faggy Pleroma instance and use it as a glorified RSS feed for your shit. Non-fediverse freetard social networks are dead unless they're RetroShare, which people mostly use for filesharing.

Found out about that one and others from blocklists. I definitely would rather be somewhere that wasn't blocked but also has half a spine to not block anything. The shitposting instances are more fun anyways. No one wants to walk around on eggshells all the time and pander to people with serious attitudes yet the most delicate of sensibilities.

I dicked around on GNUSocial a little bit, but I didn't know that much history. Thanks for that.

I do actually produce some stock audio for others to use, mostly on freesound, so that's worth checking out, thanks.

Give me the scoop on postactiv

gab failed because people still primarily used twitter for their non-racist posts, so gab ended up being 100% edgelord racism (their secondary twitter), instead of just a platform with occasional edginess

Last year one of anonradio's djs and a known person in the phlogosphere got yeeted out of there for complaining about sdf. GG

Attached: g.png (468x169, 24.36K)

It means he is an ashkenazi jew successfully formed by taking over the slav as a host.

Gay by design. Walled gardens where faggotry, and the people invested in that faggotry, reign supreme.

Attached: The_Gay_Scale.png (943x613, 343.96K)

What is the value in these Twitter-like services? Usually a Twitter feed is random "lolsofunny" quips or exclusively updates. For the former, it's just a waste of time in your life, and for the latter I could just as well subscribe to an RSS feed. Is it the networking effect where someone can retweet your tweet and it will appear in their feed as well?

Any more details? In particular, how does this affect the overall Fediverse?

You're shitting on ActivityPub unnecessarily. It's been around for a while, it didn't just pop up out of nowhere as you said, and given the massive push for JSON that's been replacing XML for a while (thank god), it makes sense for it to become fairly popular.

Look at some of the Pleroma instances. They tend to be less full of normies.

Where's the x

You're gay by design

Also more full of literal cocksuckers

So how come the other alt-tech networks didn't join the fediverse? Minds and Gab could serve as a good counterbalance to this bullshit.

fucking what??

It's ironic because on paper this type of decentralization would get rid of big walled gardens, but given the tendency of these people to pigeon hole, it's just made many tiny walled gardens.

deplatformed and suppressed tech that's hated by the hateful for "something something hate" that is actually, on fine inspection, love.

?????????

How about you give the other faggots a faggy name?

More or less.

>(((alt-tech)))
Both of those want the monopoly on post-Twitter microblogging and Gab's owner in particular is really hostile to FOSS and federation. Every so often he'll fuck up again and the fediverse will be flooded with Gab newfags, who cry for a bit and then leave for Gab or Twitter again.

Not really. I have a barely used Pleroma account for /agdg/ shit and from what I've seen the instances talk with each other a lot.

Okay faggot.

I see. Might as well just stay away from it all like I was originally doing.

I think those who see Twitter, Facebook and the likes, and realise how fucked up those platforms are, but then go to places like Minds or Gab are really foolish. Once the previous status quo of web giants die, the next will rise to commit the exact same terrible things because everything would still be centralized. The solution is something like the federation. Sure, it's full of trannies and all sort of fags, but if people can't abandon social media (which seem to be here to stay), then better replace it with an alternative that's not an extension of the NSA and can't shoah anyone by snapping its fingers.

I think that nazis are trying to kill me
Infecting my blood and destroying my mind
No man of the flesh could ever stop me
The fight for this soy is a fight to the death

White male, holy grail
White male, holy grail

What pronounless emperor commands me
I no longer govern my soul
I am completely immersed in whiteness
As I turn my body away from the sun

White male, holy grail
White male, holy grail

Split your lungs with blood and thunder
When you see the white male
Visit blacked and crack your oars men
If you wish to prevail
This ivory peg is what propels me
Harpoons thrust in the guy
Aim directly for his twitter account
And look him straight in the eye

White male, holy grail
White male, holy grail

Everyone on mastadon is the same kind of physically repulsive, tranny faggot, you have to go on to this thing called "pleroma" which is kind of the same thing except they use anime avatars so you don't have to look at their faces, so it's much nicer. I can't really tell any of the people apart because they all kind of look and act the same. You have to talk to them in a special way or else it gets unbearable... also every admin is an absolute retard, I got banned from the "free speech extremist" instance because I hurt the admin's tranny friend's feelings or something, it's all compromised but the moderation is so inneffective that its meaningless, you can just keep making accounts... It can be entertaining, you just have to realize that 99% of the people on this thing are not really capable of interacting with you in a meaningful way, so you have to be able to embrace the meaninglessness of it all.

Attached: cat in a bottle.jpg (720x720, 43.94K)

Is this cvcvcv?

Attached: 4f0afc95ac9178528075b1b863c71dca99ee6289c72cbdb6395abc62e2c33df9.jpg (957x974, 378.06K)

This phrase does not make any sense with the context of the precedent post.
Calm down and read the post again please.
Topkek. It was ridiculous to support/migrate to AP because Ostatus could have done and still can do the EXACT same thing without having to rework lots of code. The only reason for mastodon to do this was because:
1: Gargron tried to broke the fediverse into his own controlled network.
2: webber is probably an autistic puppet and jumped on the occasion of inserting his piece of software.
3: Microsoft was involved in this and had seats on the W3C.
Their are only two kinds of ways for software to get popular, either it's intensive corporate pushing and we have already seen that with the DRM implementation as a W3C standard or it's because a lot of developers uses it and shares it aka gnu/linux.
The only reason for it to be popular was because it jumped on the mastodon bandwagon and it's adoption by the W3C.

two paths run forward:
1. anonymity
2. a culture of dueling. "my friend says you hurt his feelings. I say, ranked 1v1 me in sc2, best out of three."

I'm hurting plenty of tranny feelings and nothing's happening, you must have fucked up something

full of complete faggots minus p

Anime tranny spotted

I'm not on niu :^)

I got the instance blocked on another instance I think

what are you talking about you FLOURIDATED CALL CENTER NIGGER get off MY COMPUTER

shitposter.club

the blocked instances are the good ones, join one

github.com/dzuk-mutant/blockchain/blob/master/list/list.md

I think the thing about these 'fedivese' things is that it's too abstract and confusing for people to really understand it. Like, I sign up for an "instance"? so is that a social network? but wait I can communicate with other networks? Well what is the point of having multiple? Is mastodon an instance or an entirely different fediverse? Can I communicate across gnusocial, mastodon, and plenorma? Can I be on a mastodon instance using one of the others? If so, why do they market themselves as different things and not frontends to a common protocol, like irc or xmpp having different clients? Why is this system so limited? Can I change my instance on the same account? What the fuck is going on?

Legacy social media like Twitter, and alt-tech social media like Gab and Minds are understandable. I don't even really use them, but I at least understand how they work. I've seen people I know using Gab, and it apparently has nice, convenient little categories like technology, politics, science, humor, etc. All nice ways of getting content on a specific topic. [insert fediverse here] doesn't seem to have that. ...unless the instances could be used for that purpose, but then don't you have to make a whole new account for each one? Seems like too much of a hassle.

See what I mean? If I ever end up falling for the social media meme, I'm much more likely to sign up for Gab or Minds, because at least I kind of know what's going on and what i'm getting into.

you're too stupid to browse this board

You're too stupid to understand first impressions

Attached: 1410106315467.png (366x327, 60.05K)

It's like email, you newfag. Your account may be @nuke.africa but you can email people on other servers like @gmail.com, and in the fediverse's case your account may be @shitposter.club but you can still follow and message artfags @baraag.net and vice versa.

are you being retarded on purpose or do you genuinely not understand that it's entirely opt-in?

it's what it is in practice. The Fediverse is so dominated by weak-minded pussies (who literally kill themselves after literally carving a vague pussy-shaped wound into their bodies) that if you're interested in it, you effectively have to opt-out of the list: you have to shop around and find an instance that explicitly wouldn't use it.

(cont.)
and when you do that, the experience is still dominated by these disgusting freaks. They're opposed to (((offensive behavior))) but even a dog in a coma would wake up to bite them for how they behave, themselves.

That's a disingenous claim, with peer pressure between federations making you stand out (and eventually get into the list) if you don't "opt in".

user users can't differentiate between a search engine and a web browser. Or even a search engine and the internet.
yes.
yes
Decentralization.
It's part of the fediverse and the creator of the software is a duchbag because he tries to kill the fediverse.
Yes.
You haven't understand the concept of instances, software and protocole.
Protocol = Roads
Software = Cars
Instances = Brands
Ask yourself this question: why do people consume the brand of milk X instead of consuming the brand Y ? Why did manufacturers made the brand Z too you already had the brand X and Y ?
Define limited.
What you are asking for is account migration. Yes it exist on gnu social, mastodon did not implement it.
People create a replacement for twitter, other people tried to subvert that and created twitter 2.0 instead and the people who still want to replace twitter did not compromise.
Anything is understandable as long as people make the effort to understand it.
For that on the fediverse you need to have people who will respect the subject of a thread otherwise you need moderators which you either pay them or they volunteer.
Creating specific purpose groups are possible.
aka reddit.

This

DON'T USE MASTODON USE GNU SOCIAL INSTEAD YOU STUPID FUCKING RETARD

Is pleroma alright, sperglord?

I did and it's retarded and gay.

I stopped logging into my account even though it's on a non-kosher instance because it is that hard to find good accounts in the sea of pozz that is the global timeline.
Besides you still have autism on the free(er) instances including pozz'ed individuals that think they are hot shit for not blocking on sight.

Martagon was made by Garçon, a diaperfag retard sjw. He forked it from GNU Social, a previously esoteric yet fully functional social network platform. Zoe Quinn was one of the first adopters to his retard network. Shortly after he blocked entire "problem" instances and broke the federation connection to his Mastadon multiple times.

Do not once think Mastadon is "Freetard's social networking"

Meant.to reply to op

Thanks for the (you), fag.

Wow, haven't seen a thread this bad in a while.

Learn to use filters, and don't browse the federated feed, follow more people and unfollow them they annoy you or turn out to be boring.

It's that easy, and you don't even have to overreact.

Attached: thisnigga.jpg (960x712, 62.9K)

Don't use social media period

gab is compromised ever since that attack that happened ~2-3 months ago more or less, since a three letter agency leafed through the server(s), and/or the (((jew))) owner gave the agency data.

This. I tried using the fediverse, both GNUsocial and Pleroma/mastodon, but there's just something that always makes it quit it no matter how I try. Social media in general is a failed concept and isn't woth investing time on even if it's 100% free/libre, since the inherent problems about its design are still there.

it would only work that way if theres no support for any kind of server blocking.

why use it at all then? i already see enough content from mentally ill faggots on imageboards

STOP! using social networks.

I generally agree with this sentiment, but twitter is actually alright

I bet you don't even use 90% of its features and just following people. If only Twitter supported ATOM/RSS without third-party services, right?

Yes that would be nice. I'd like to use something like rainbowstream so I can read tweets in a terminal or something without 10Mb of JS, but it needs an API key and all my accounts were banned

Actually, Twitter is the worst. To make a Twitter Account in the first place you must think that what you have to say (or tweet) actually matters. You need to be an attention whore. It's like namefagging, times 10. And the, what, 140 characters? They won't leave any room for sophisticated bullshit.
Sure, facebook is like crack cocaine but I despise twitter the most.

Also, when SJW go mad and don't bother listening to you anymore, that's what I call the twitter mentality.
It's like a marriage between "oh look I'm so important! listen to me", impatience and ignorance.

Mastodon came up on one fourms I frequent. I noticed it bans hate speech. This literally translated to if we disagree with you it's hate speech and we'll censor you. I pretty much said fuck this from the git go.

Just run your own server with other Zig Forums musicians.

Attached: DzdD0rTXgAAbPEj.jpg:orig.jpg (774x960, 84.78K)

That's just mastosoc, there are so many more servers on the federation it's not even funny