Get in here

EU Copyright Law

Why aren't we discussing this?
eff.org/deeplinks/2019/02/final-version-eus-copyright-directive-worst-one-yet

Attached: og-copyrightbot-hd-3.png (1200x600, 16.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/WLWRA
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6725413/EU-countries-copyright-reforms-aimed-Google-Facebook.html#comments
archive.fo/bHpux
archive.fo/fOykW
web.archive.org/web/20180625135642/https://mewch.net/b/res/103694.html
eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/HIS/?uri=CELEX:52016PC0593
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I, for one, support (((the artists))) as well as (((journalism))).

From the sheer number of people it will effect, it's pretty important. But in these here parts of the internet, the EU is already considered a lost cause.

Why won't they be able to though? They pick one guy, send a SWAT team around to your house, and the neighbours will just stand there watching, some will even take their phones out. No one will help you fight back, and it will create a chilling effect. Most people will just assume, "he must done something very bad, like hate speech. When I use my internet, I'm talking to friends."

Also the kikes will employ bots to just post over the top 'neoNAAATSI' garbage on any free thinking forum, just to enact the shutdown.

Oh shit, how are all of those for-profit, wonderful websites like facebook, reddit, youtube, etc. going to make money off of other people's work, now? What are (((they))) gonna do???? I must oppose this!

good

This is going to do nothing to large operations. They can afford to move or to moderate. Some will even profit from this. Google, for instance, would start offering copyright identification services through their API/Developer system. They'll give you enough free periodic credits to content-match for personal and low-traffic websites. Anything larger will end up paying them a copyright tax of sorts. The data they parse through this will also help their profiling efforts, helping with their primary business model of selling your leash and personal data to the highest bidder.

Interesting how there not a single source except "small EU tech businesses, giant EU entertainment companies, artists' groups, technical experts, and human rights experts, and the largest body of concerned citizens in EU history".
This piece of quality journalism doesn't contain a single link to the copyright directive.
Why aren't we discussing this?

This (((guy))) is obsessed

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-20 Cory Doctorow(2).png (739x2339 531.51 KB, 534.95K)

this

>bitch about it when copyright law is enforced because it affects your (((business model))) of ripping of other people's work
I don't believe in copyright to begin with. However, if you have copyright law, I don't see how you could argue against something like this! Plus, they are even looking out for the little guy. Thank you based (unbased) EU.

Good, big platforms are already censurious enough. This will encourage people to move underground to smaller, or more decentralized platforms if they want access to the good stuff

Is it really for EU? Not for China or North Korea? Where is the freedom of speech? We can excerpt something to express our thought!

Or just dive into botnet, because there won't be any alternative.

If they haven't moved off already then there is no hope for them.
The users that haven't moved are generally normalfags and most normalfags are plain retarded and will just live with the new changes, they might complain about them but that's as fair as they'll ever go.
All you have to do is look at the dumbfuck shit that youtube has done to understand that even in the presence of absolute censorship and jewery, they'll still stick to the site for largely self centered reasons.

NUKE THE EU

no bulli pls

I'm referring to copyright infringement, of course ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

the current system is really bad too. now the internet is full of takedown request bots that take down things that they should not

What is the problem? Western europe is where all the degeneracy and kikes are. just nuke them. The average british citizen would be happier if dead than alive.

>The end-result on copyright is a step back for the digital single market. It fails to strike a balance between protecting right holders and the interests of individual citizens. This is why the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Poland, Italy and Finland don’t support the final package.
PDF related for more

archive.fo/WLWRA

See and
This is good legislation, and Zig Forums knows this, anyone who says otherwise needs to go back to cuckchan.

Because you're not a creator, just a useless taker not even worth his carbon footprint.

It's time for terrorism

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/

I'm honestly surprised with the lack of homegrown terrorists. I'd assume we will start to see more though

Yellow Jacket "wasps" will do

Just reading comments on news sites, eurocucks are actually pretty redpilled on this
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6725413/EU-countries-copyright-reforms-aimed-Google-Facebook.html#comments

Some choice selections
this isn't even the start of what the EU dictators have in store, yet some still want to remain ?. If by being hoodwinked and we do stay in, by the time people have realised how bad its getting, it will be too late, YOU ARE IN FOR 1000 YEARS.
Just a way to control people. (((They))) have learnt that the populace is passing on too much information they don't want us to know and it has to be stopped!
>Well people will have to find other ways to communicate, this is dictatorial tyranny in the name of reform, and (((we know those who want it))) and why.

archive.fo/bHpux

They do not display in the above link though. So here's page 2 of the comment section so far.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (648x8609, 963.46K)

(((Maxwell2))) sounds like a legitimate and trustworthy person and not an astroturfer at all.

MORE THAN A MONTH TO GO
archive.fo/fOykW

lol why wouldn't they?
I don't think people more docile than the modern west have ever existed anywhere in history

and just lol at thinking politicians ever read what they vote on
they vote with the group or how (((lobbyists))) pay them to and no place has more lobbyists than the EU parliament

Attached: 4a83b93c1a22d5b76e90925cdfb4223e29c2469015734d7550e9d6838062ff06.png (227x214, 4.42K)

It won't change anything. Like the article says, it's impossible to enforce. This is just another european directive pushed by lobbyists. This "union" have to die.

Here are the (((final))) versions of Article 11 and Article 13.

So it turns out that what the "journalist" wrote is bullshit. Color me surprised.
This is literally made up bullshit which explains why there isn't a source for this claim.

It's mainly Google, Facebook, etc. and their botnets that are oy veyying over this shit. Why should I care?

(((Electronic Frontier Foundation))) founded by (((Mitch Kapor)))

You mean like Triple-A game publishers who rape popular franchises into creative ruin because they have monopolies over them by virtue of copyright? Or what about instances where publishers and studios refuse to relinquish IPs to the original creators to prevent them from falling into the hands of the competition? Also, creators had thrived, even financially, in the centuries without copyright law to "protect them". Copyright law only came into existence when a consortium of book publishers lobbied the British Crown to legislate a law that would give them monopolies over the works of authors. And because authors at the time lacked the equipment, they had to sign away their rights to the publishers. If you really want to help creators, stop championing what is in practice monopolization, which removes the incentive to produce quality goods and services.

How does any of that prevent you from creating your own content? If the top game publishers are putting out garbage, don't buy their product. You are not entitled to their labor just because you dislike their antics. There is nothing stopping you creating today, and you have a variety of options at your disposal to license it to your users.

Well no kidding, you're dealing with one of the first cases where an authors work can be duplicated at a fraction of the cost in creating the product.

Actually it is even worse than what he wrote:

"If no authorisation is granted, online content sharing service providers shall be liable
for unauthorised acts of communication to the public of copyright protected works
and other subject matter"

"Member States shall provide that when new online content sharing service providers
whose services have been available to the public in the Union for less than three years and
which have an annual turnover below EUR 10 million within the meaning of the Commission
recommendation 2003/361/EC, the conditions applicable to them under the liability regime
set out in paragraph 4 are limited to the compliance with the point (a)of paragraph 4 and to
acting expeditiously, upon receiving a sufficiently substantiated notice, to remove the notified
works and subject matters from its website or to disable access to them."

So the ten million per year shit doesn't even matter, YOU STILL HAVE TO DELETE YOUR SHIT.

Wow i see. Article 13 is evil. Google is completely right. I'm going to #savetheinternet now.

Based EU

Based and redpilled af

The EFF is biased af regarding to this:
web.archive.org/web/20180625135642/https://mewch.net/b/res/103694.html

Please read FULL text and then point out what's your actual concern. I will try to answer.
You can find the latest version at the bottom of this page: eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/HIS/?uri=CELEX:52016PC0593

I uploaded a PDF for you

These niggers are going to riot if Google and Facefuck actually block Euro IPs. Should make for some good entertainment.

Attached: JPEG_20181201_235445.jpg (546x550, 28.6K)

based and lügenpresse-pilled

This would be amazing tbh. Sadly it's not going to happen.

would not even care because i didnt fall for the cloud meme.

Attached: 1575746_IMG.jpg (1200x1600, 524.76K)

Block EU IP's when?

Doesn't the 2nd part literally kill every independent news yt channel like gamer nexus?

Solutions:
-Reboot site after 3 years
-Fiddle the accounts to show a loss
Not an issue, this is a dying political dinosaur (EU) pretending it still has relevance.

news.slashdot.org/story/19/02/22/0515215/youtube-videos-could-get-demonetized-if-they-have-inappropriate-comments

tech.slashdot.org/story/19/02/21/1930253/facebook-continued-to-identify-users-who-are-interested-in-nazis----and-then-used-the-info-to-let-advertisers-target-them-investigation-finds
OH VEY!

So if I don't live in the EU, and my web server isn't in the EU, what are they gonna do? Set up the great firewall of Europe?

The EU doesn't care about you.

IT'S FUCKING OVER

Good, as they should be

So nothing will change

They are God, just like all other kike inventions. Just give it up.

no we already have 3 threads on this and literally every half hour there is a new retard bill proposed in some country. it's fucking boring to discuss, i would go to slashdot or reddit if i cared

I know thanks to Article 11 & 13 a lot of Peoples in the Future will sit in Prison because of opposing the Laws and doing "Illegal Stuff".

Actually we have nothing to lose more!.

The EU is a Dictatorship that has violated Laws with supporting Israel, Migration, Money washing,Censorship of Speech.

The EU should be burn down with all the Leftist.

Murder them as our Ancestors did with Kings that do not listen to the Voice of the Civilians.

Only a Act of violence against our the Bureaucratic Dictatorship can help us fight back!.

Not some Peace shit keeping non violence ideas. This is not the Reality. Reality means War for the Greater Good.

Nature in itself has two sides a Brutal and a kind one.

So we need to take our Brutal Nature against the Forces of Darkness.

The impossible enforcement isn't going to save anybody. The site owner is responsible and has to pay a fine when something goes past the filter, if there even is a filter. It's just speculated that there will be a filter because you would need one, but the filter isn't in the law. The filter would just be a measure to try and survive the law, but that is only viable for big entities with deep pockets and even they will be hurting and might just pull out of Europe.

But small websites built around posting will just close down because of the risk. This will completely kill small websites that aren't just a blog without comments. Any small or mid sized site where users can post text, sound, images or videos will just close down. Basicly this is a different way to push through something that will have the same effect as ACTA, SOPA PIPA and all that crap they've tried so often before.

Once this goes into effect all you will be left with is corporate clearnet with cable TV like websites and newsprint like magazines and youtube. Everything else will be gone or pushed underground. Small sites have been hemorrhaging users over the last 10 year anyway but this will kill the corpses of every internet forum that ever was. They are going to kill everything. Well, in Europe at least but when other countries see how well it works in "cleaning up" the internet, they're gonna wanna do it to.

It used to be a site, when prompted to do so, just had to delete the violating content posted by a user and they were fine. Now that's not the case and they will be fined instead.

Hosting in Europe will die overnight and if something similar is implemented globally, the internet as we know it will die.

wrong
0.01$ have been deposited into your Google Wallet.

get out of here. fuck your reddit politics topics

as a brit i can confirm

How the fuck is this enforceable? Even a bot would choke and die when trying to enforce this about every single article. And besides, wouldn't an unresolved url fly under the radar as far as links are confirmed.

Attached: laughing_aliens.png (800x949, 357.8K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Whatcha sliding Chaim?

Lots of shills in this thread.

These are our enemies. Why are we supporting them?

Shut up chaim.

I love eating bagels. Why do you guys want to kill the Jews?