Desktop OSes

Speaking strictly about the desktop (a laptop is fine too), which is arguably the best operation system out of these?

Please don't LARP or lie, thanks.

Attached: 1550774101547.png (500x410, 162.12K)

TempleOS.

For Eris's sake, another one of these fucking threads.
1) Define 'best'
2) What is it being used for?
3) What features are needed?
4) Which flavors of Linux? You picked a flavor of BSD.

The absolute state of this board.

I ain't Christian or Jewish but he's still right.
Apart from lacking some features in advanced or risky use-cases, it's an excellent OS as far as I have heard.

TempleOS
Haiku

Attached: 2c9b838f0c4d645f020257675475ddba7d584e74328324e4a3ec57e52c6cfd71.png (1920x1080, 524.15K)

Consider MX Linux if your use-case is general. Others should only be used if you have special values or needs.

Try:

Linux or OSX. I use both and I think these are your best choices if you are looking to ditch Windows. Now if you want me to recommend a particular flavor of Linux instead of OSX your options are these:

Ubuntu - just works
Trisquel - Ubuntu but non-free packages removed. Endorsed by FSF.
Debian - most Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, is based on Debian and for a really good reason.
Gentoo - For compiling your stuff yourself. Fine grained customization can be applied on it. systemd isn't mandatory if that's your thing.
Tails - live operating system built on Tor and Debian. Recommended for journalists, terrorists and pedophiles. Includes non-free firmware to be compatible with most systems.

It's operating system, you illiterate nigger.

The best one is Windows 7 and nothing will come close to it until 2023 at least.

YOU NEED TO GO BACK
>>>/reddit/
>>>/4um/

Raphi because:
Cocoa is the best
Has had "Wayland" since 2001
The only Microkernel in a mainstream OS

At that point you can just install Red Star OS.

Why is every one of those apart from Haiku some fucking MemeOS which can't even into graphics which are required for art, culture and making those.
You get GRIDS from touching that.
TempleOS for example is a ToyOS. It's limited to those colors and that VGA res because it's a temple to talk to God through random numbers not to produce anything.
Terry used fucking Ubuntu.
And his stance was that Linux is a train, Windows a car and TempleOS a motorcycle. You should remember that.
Not

QTDDTOT os

for microsoft window operating systems:
Windows XP (offline only to avoid malware, but you should be fine using it here and there with a firewall)
Windows 7 (pretty modern window operating system that isn't spyware ridden as 10 and is pretty stable, but support will end in 2020 and will end up like XP)

for gnu linux operating systems:
Slackware (tries to closely be UNIX like which makes this a 'pure' operating system; but you will have to get used to using ldd, make make install, or slackbuilds)
Gentoo (your (or somewhat) entire system will be compiled by your chosen CFLAGS and USE flags; this is helpful if you want to avoid certain packages from being installed due to dependencies (librsrv pulling in rust; firefox pulling in pulseaudio, etc))

containing systemd (because some people like it and some don't):
Gentoo (using a systemd stage3)
Ubuntu Xenial LTS (to me at least, isnt as bloated as the newer ones and is certified to Just Works(TM))
Arch Linux (its ok i guess)

for bsd (or bsd based) operating systems:
FreeBSD (seems to be lacking drivers for some devices, so be sure your device is supported)
OpenBSD (secure by default ;) )
NetBSD (if you want to run BSD on some old device)
DragonflyBSD (not too sure about it, but to me it seems to strive for performance)
Mac OS X (i like the style and the way it is, but it is like Windows XP; you will also need a powerful pc and hacks to get it to work)
macOS (sometimes is buggy and annoying, but is a good alternative for someone to switch to from Windows to get into unix and unix like systems a bit easier; you also need powerful pc and hacks)

GNU/Hurd

Kali Linux
Project Trident (FreeBSD)

Red Star Linux was made by North Korea government. They also made nuclear weapons.

The best for what?

Give link

unironically raphi

SystemD makes Tails rootable

Donald Trump's gonna stick his dick into Jong-un Kim's asshole at Vietnam!

Are you fucking retarded? The entire system and any program runs ring 0 only, No memory protection anywhere. Any program can overwrite the memory of any other program trivially, while this may be fun and empowering it also makes the system buggy and vulnerable to malware.

Kuroki Tomoko can be the beautiful model for 9Front, eh?

I would replace Ubuntu with Mint or any other *buntu spinoff. Straight Ubuntu does not respect freedom, CoC, etc etc. Mint doesn't abide by the new CoC and they had stated that there is a contingency to use a different base if Ubuntu becomes completely unusable or non-feasible. It's certainly not the auteur's choice but as a daily driver and something you can fall back on when you need to get work done, as well as converting those who hate Windows 10 and OS X, it's pretty good.

I use both MX Linux and Mint myself.

Attached: ba9f288e03045af86da0c4451a33212a94fd6e8d8181660272dbee7d3cce5396.jpg (960x960, 45.95K)

if you don't want to be a mega n00b slackware

Linux mint.

Attached: 5229d27d1f416f5da3e6b3c499c40673706d8a0e000ff2945e1c2ded6d2690a5.png (476x649, 622.65K)

Yep.

Malware.