Dbopen(3)

Other urls found in this thread:

man.openbsd.org/dbopen.3
sqlite.org/c3ref/funclist.html
sqlite.org/codeofethics.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ita unixs fault please use my god awful jew lang's instead please please please please please please think I'm cool

get an old Linux Live CD, boot it in a VM, build a recent SQLite in it, convert your bdb file to SQLite.

what are the compiler devs even doing.. lots of old programs cant be builded with the latest versions of the compilers

Not trying to be cool. Wasn't blaming Unixen as a whole. Blaming GNU and Oracle.

I mean I like SQlite3 and all but I don't need a full database. Just need a dead-simple api really. I guess I could write simplistic wrappers for my purposes though.
I guess it's either that or reinvent some wheel that was already invented, destroyed, and reinvented over and over again.

there's no buts. You don't need a grand reason for SQLite. "I woke up this morning" is a good enough reason to use SQLite for some data. The grand reasons and careful excuses come in when you have to explain why you're not using SQLite for some task. Put your key-value store in a two-column table and be done with it.

man.openbsd.org/dbopen.3
1 man page
dead-simple to understand/use interface
pure C/C++
vs
sqlite.org/c3ref/funclist.html
oodles of functions
3rd party library
having to compile completely different language at runtime
then having to free the compilation units
callbacks
blob handles
sqlite3_column

Like I say: I've read all the relevant propaganda and really like SQlite3 (and fossil) and I'll probably just write some wrappers case by case. It would be really damn nice though if GNU would have just kept dbopen or Oracle would have retained compatibility for older versions (especially when explicitly using interfaces for version 1.85).
Personally I'd rather not pull in 3rd party libs or reinvent wheels.

yeah that "one man page" and "simple interface" is really helping you out right out, isn't it? Heresy is truly its own punishment.
tbf glibc is maintained by a daft hatter

modern "programmers" like you need to kill themselves. bloated solutions should not be used if something simpler can do the needed things. people like you are the reason why most software sucks.

1. the "simpler thing" doesn't work.
2. an example of a "simpler thing" is also a "key\nvalue\n" file. Want to go with that?
3. What you're advocating for is that people who fly some distance ignore the heavily overengineered and ultrareliable 60-year-old airframe in favor of a homemade set of wooden Icarus wings. Because "it's simpler". No, it's just more primitive.
4. if you favor the less featured thing for no other reason than that it has fewer features, then you've lost the way. Larger works are not automatically inferior to smaller works, it's just a very easy to notice characteristic of terrible software that, in addition to being hopeless in terms of correctness, efficiency, design, that it is also bloated. Terrible software grows with time: that doesn't mean that you should, per suckless philosophy, use v2 of some terrible software instead of v9. v2 is still going to be terrible. v9 might accidentally be better.

KV store
Antique bsd crap that fails to build

vs

ACID, indices and proper SQL
90MLOCs of tests, unironically 100% coverage
Made by christian autist for navy

and although he cucked on the Code of Conduct a few days after people noticed, he still did this: sqlite.org/codeofethics.html

simple and complete

Choose one, and only one.

Yes, software sucks because of people suggesting what is literally the most tested and succesful database program in the world.
Kill yourself.

LARPer spotted.

Whole operating systems used to fit in 64k with space left over. Nowadays you can't download one in less than 4G. This is precisely because people are too quick to jump for the most powerful possible library, rather than considering simpler and lighter solution that are equivalent for their use case. LARPfags like yourself perpetuate this by suggesting the largest solution you can think of, while being completely ignorant of the alternatives.

LARPer confirmed, you've clearly never seen an embedded system, not even a mainstream one such as OpenWRT.
Of course any popular Os is going to take advantage of storage being incredibly cheaper and faster than it used to.
Again, kill yourself.
You have zero experience with real world problems and solutions, and not enough common sense to look up "SQLite download" before talking about its size.

As I said, entire operating systems can fit into around 32KiB of memory. The fact that you prefer to use a full-fledged solution for what may well be only 10 rows of data proves that you are a retarded faggot. WHERE'S THE LAMB SAAAUUUUUCE In such cases, a simple text file containing key=value pairs delimited by newlines is much better and consumes less space.

Nice LARP
Then why is OP already using database software instead of a text file?
Again, you're a LARPer with no real world experience.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES
The first point that you need to note is that Whites were historically a great civilization. I don't deny that, after all, they controlled over 3/4 of the world at some point.
The second point that you need to note is that Asians are autistic bug-people with no empathy. No empathy = less societal progress since they let people die randomly despite their worth to society.
The third point that you need to acknowledge is that white people have lost any and all traits which made them a powerful and superior race. You NEET-Sock larpers take achievements from the last great men in NS Germany and attempt to make them your own. You haven't done shit. White people are 100% jew controlled, and this isn't because the jew is particularly powerful. This is because white people are emotionally weak. Why? Whites have been undergoing severe devolution over the past 100 years. The two jew-induced world wars killed off entire generations of strong, brave white men, and this has KILLED THE WHITE RACE. You pathetic Nig-Sock larpers need to understand this. There's no coming back from this.
White people are weak and pathetic. They have lost 100% of what made them great through a jewish dysgenics program, and while this is unfortunate, it is also irreversible. So forget about it.
Hapas, more specifically White/Asian hapas, are the new ubermensch, so to speak. We are superior to both whites and asians since the properties of both races are polar opposites, yet meet in the middle to form an optimal combination. Whites are too cucked and have too much empathy, so much so that they feel excessive empathy to subhuman races like niggers, jews and arabs.
On the opposite side of the scale, asians have too little empathy, being perfectly content to watch their fellow countrymen run over by trucks, poisoned by fake food products, gassed by the very air in their cities, and executed by their own government for petty reasons.
These two qualities are, as I mentioned, polar opposites, and neither are beneficial to the well-being of society. Hapas possess something in the middle of these polar opposites. We are much more racist than white people. And at the same time, we have empathy towards each other. Our women are far less slutty than white roasties, contrary to /poo/ disinformation - white men prefer white or asian women, not hapas. I know this not only due to theoretical knowledge but due to actual life experience talking to others of my own kind. We only require the tiniest push to fully support anti-nigger, anti-shitskin and anti-kike ideology, whereas whites never go all the way. Whites can only become magakikes, or anti-illegal-immigrants at the ABSOLUTE best.
Hapas are small in number at the moment but with further degeneration of the white race, racemixing between whites and asians will become more frequent. Hapas will rise from the ashes of the white race and inherit the world.
It is often stated by Nig-Socks that racemixing is evil and bad because "the product of racemixing contains neither of the desirable qualities of the two parent races". This may be true under ideal conditions, but Whites and Asians don't have any desirable qualities by themselves. The races have been degenerated by decades of communist (i.e. jewish) dysgenics (in the case of asians) or decades of war-induced jewish dysgenics (in the case of whites). As such, the ordinary Zig Forums theory no longer applies. Neither of the parent races, whites or asians, actually are suited to their environment. They also happen to have polar opposite qualities, which conflict with the goal of societal stability. This is why hapas are not inferior, but superior to both races.
Note that what I said only applies to White/Asian hapas. Any mixtures containing shitskin or nigger genetics is just as bad as the shitskin or nigger genetics would be by themselves, since shitskins and niggers were never a part of great civilization.

nobody's going to read this, dude.

"databases for niggers"
vs
something that actually works