Robot Monk Delivers Buddhist Sermons at an Ancient Japanese Temple

To attract young worshippers, an ancient Japanese temple engaged an AI monk - Android Kannon - to deliver religious sermons in multiple languages.

The $900K robot, which was a collaboration between Kyoto’s Kodaiji temple and Hiroshi Ishiguro, an Osaka University intelligent robotics professor, provided its first sermon at the religious landmark on Feb. 23, The Daily Mail reported.

turingtribe.com/story/robot-monk-delivers-buddhist-sermons-at-an-ancient-japanese-temple-mPyzW5p7yfqjSeasz

Attached: buddhnet.JPG (908x577, 73.12K)

That's pretty neat.

Attached: 549e6e20ecdee7d6d23b42235575359903de92a87c30c54f7e113505954940b2.jpg (908x577, 301.51K)

Nice.

I-imagine the implications....

How do you spend 900k on a mannequin that picks a string from a list and feeds into a text2speech?

The implications were imagined. You have gained -2 Dharma credits for the implications of attachment and straying from the present.

Sex slave robots are more interesting!

Bhikkus, I tell you. Of all things Zig Forums, let these be known before others.

The first noble truth is the noble truth of botnet. All is botnet.
The second noble truth is the noble truth of the origin of botnet. The origin of botnet is glow niggers.
The third noble truth is the noble truth of the cessation of botnet. The cessation of botnet is attainable.
The fourth noble truth is the noble truth of the cessation of botnet by following the noble Gentooman's Path.

Take refuge, students, in the Stallman, the Kernel, and the Usergroups.

Corruption.
Should've been pretty obvious when they bastardized their own religion with the current meme.

The japs are fucking progressive the right way.

The westerners would hire a cheap spic to do it.

Japs are notorious for embezzling. You should see some of their weapons programs.

Preach it my retarded weebshit friend

Attached: 1430356688807.png (1152x873, 186.4K)

I'm asian my good friend.

Can't be as notorious as the fucking americans.

Looks like they went full retard with the animatronics instead of just using Chuck E. Cheese throwaways like any sensible person.

He is the average users of Zig Forums. Almost people on this chan look like him. So people call Zig Forums pigchan.

Change
to:

disturbing af tbh.
the old 'a fool and his money' adage proves true once again.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

based
when i was building my sexbot harem i used a lot of old chuck e cheese parts>>1036599

proofs or GTFO

Retard, it's pigchan because the owner, Jim Watkins owns a pig farmer in the Philippines.

Fucking money laundering.
How is that supposed to help their culture? It's like christianity or islam. Just parasitic to the world.

Holy fuck what is going on in this thread

DAILY REMINDER THAT BRENTON TARRANT WAS A MASONIC JEWISH/ZIONIST PSYOPS

Looks like some Soros-funded controlled opposition to me.

Europeons need to burn in a tar-pit. Disgusting

Whatcha sliding MOSHE?

Yeah, right, and the moon is made of cheese.

Go back to cuckchan.

What's the difference between 4 Chan and 8 Chan?

Attached: The electric monk-qJq8QjLI-so.mp4 (320x240, 6.95M)

lmao we /tech9k/ now

Attached: 549e6e20ecdee7d6d23b42235575359903de92a87c30c54f7e113505954940b2.jpg (908x577, 37.93K)

You're wrong. I don't look like that, and the few people I've met IRL don't either. Also, meetups aren't full of people that look like that.

That can't be legal.

Metropolis 2: Electric Boogaloo

Very astute

Isn't this an Arthur C Clarke short story?

Zenyatta incoming

Is A.I. enlightenment? Is the creation an intelligence free of ego, a way to transcend suffering and reach Nirvana?

Funny either way, but is that picture the actual person that posted that or just some random fat ugly nerd who was unfortunate enough to look like the physical embodiment of cringe of the post?

wait'll Jesus hears about this! shits 'bout get real, nigga's!

I strongly feel that this is an insult to life itself.

At this point? none. Just look at some thread, where some shills are pro apple, or some that post, without any form of shame, that they're windows user.

And you're an user of what then? You must be like him, since you're here.

Yeah, nuclear bombs, invented by the US are totally fine.

You're absolutely right. They're either pure retards, or they're basically satanists. Their act doesn't make the single sense, metaphysically speaking. I'll go for satanism (you can find the same bullshit in overwatch, where some robots are religious), especially when you know that silicon valley hippies are going full pagan (new age kind of shit etc..). Or they're like him: , not having a fucking clue about what is going on in this world.

Attached: siege-de-la-rochelle.jpg (3000x1705, 1.01M)

saved

How's it going Rabbi?

Why would they hate the robot? Shinto believe everything has a soul, even mundane everyday objects like a wall or an umbrella.

Why are robots always so expensive? You can get all the servos, batteries, parts, and silicone you need for at most $500.

Amazing work user.

I want to attend those sermons! Of any church in my area, of any faith, installs a sermonbot, I will attend AT LEAST one service. This would get me into a mosque unarmed!

Atheism made this robot which is now used to recite scripted myths to make the superstitious feel safe.

Any further proof needed that AI is the future and humans are on the verge of being replaced?

I was quoting Miyazaki in regards to an AI animation software because the line's a bit memetic, but I don't disagree with either him or you.

your pic related isnt any worse than the w4m ads written by filipinas