Pale Moon has an uMatrix fork!

Holy shit. This is big. I had to stick to icecat / ungoogled chromium just for that, but Pale Moon's UI and philosophy is just so much better. Didn't test it yet but if it it as good as uMatrix, then I'm jumping ship!

addons.palemoon.org/addon/ematrix/

Attached: palemoon_logo.png (128x128, 22.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504
stallman.org/google.html
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html
archive.fo/Uyw5X
github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wrong, retard.

Nice argument. We finally have the opportunity to get out from the Big G and M's chains. Of course it is big.

Palemoon has had uMatrix since the beginning. Version 1.1.4 is when they stopped supporting the old plugin system or whatever I believe.

>muh ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((botnet))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
kill yourself

Are they still based on pozfox 52? If so kindly fuck off, moonchild.

why does this browser always make people so angry

They're Google and / or Mozilla fanboys, perhaps?

>>muh ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((botnet))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
based

Pale Moon locked out AdNeuseam in the past so I'm not willing to trust its developers or their "good will".

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504

It works and keeps people out of the botnet. That's the exact opposite of what our resident shills want everybody to use.

Well, you can't have perfection. But what Google and Mozilla are doing is 100 times worse.

stallman.org/google.html
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html

That's actually some good news. Thanks user.

With all the high horse riding fur faggatory, I lost hope for this project for the past years, but this is a step in a good direction.

that thing is garbage tho. i tried it once and the browser would freeze sometimes and the cpu usage would be very high when it didnt

smdh, just hide and ignore ads famlam.

A browser that neglects privacy and security is shit.

Attached: (((palemoon))).png (1577x713, 354.16K)

If you actually cared about privacy you would be using the tor browser

I am using it.

Based. The only issue with it is you can't post images here

I still use palemoon 27, but moonchild went full retard and completely ruined it with palemoon 28, so fuck him and fuck all nu-moon shills.

Delicious

Pale moon still hogs resources. It will go up to 1,200M of RAM and put a heavy load on my processor. Not that other browsers are any better.

Is there a single regular browser that doesn't require a supercomputer to run nowadays?

Old as fuck news.

inb4 muh principles, it's not a religion ffs.

The first fucking revision of 28 was to remove the remainder of the telemetry code.

Just use a browser that properly hibernates tabs like Viavldi and this is a non-issue. CPU usage I get but I don't get why you wouldn't want to use your RAM. Caching makes browsing better.

You can make the same argument against anti-Firefox retards. Why not use Firefox then when it's objectively better and has actual addons?

tbh moonchild is really autistic but palemoon perfectly fine.
He gets really hot and bothered regarding anything branding related too, for instance, there was a complaint about the irregular naming scheme used for the dot files and a request to have located in .config rather then the home directory.
But, moonchild being moonchild didn't like the idea of renaming the default directory from ".moonchild productions" to ".moonchild" so he discredit the entire post asking for standardization with common linux practices.
tl;dr: moonchild gets upset over small things.

It's the entire reason bsd doesn't have a palemoon version.

suckless surf and qutebrowser run well, but they have their own problems.

I love Moonchild because I'm a pedophile. I wanna fuck Moonchild!

And you can also make use of an older version of NoScript, as im using in my browser ( Iprefer it to Umatrix), but this is still great news because you can now have an updated version of Umatrix. Since Vanilla Firefox went quantum, many addons ditched their old version compatible with palemoon, including Umatrix & Noscript. But now finally we have a good scrip manager on Palemoon.

Give me one reason why Pale Moon is in any way better than GNU Icecat and then we'll talk

XUL addons, much higher speed, independent engine, 100 times better UI, more customizability by default, custom addons, Flash Player works on it, no autistic LibreJS included.

I'll have CPU load issues even with a tab or two in most browsers, especially on my older laptop. I may try vivaldi, but I don't think it can be secured as well as pale moon to not send out data.

One of my laptops has 1GB of memory which should be enough, but browsers now try to use it all up.

I might try them, but like you said they have problems too. I'm curious what makes it so hard to make a regular browser that works nowadays. I don't remember it being this bad 10 years ago.

github.com/JustOff/lull-the-tabs/

I just use this addon.

Oy Vey! Not using google approved browsers is literally annudah shoah!

I completely forgot about this fork, I remember I gave up on it because ublock is not available at the time.
Oh boy, pentadactyl is still usable, goodbye qute and surf. Tbh I don't visit much BloatWeb anymore, the last bloat site I visit was youtube and I replace that with invidio.us.

I use uBlock and a simple addon that lets you toggle javascript via icon. Usually I have javascript just turned off, which pretty much takes care of everything by itself. Back when I used Firefox, I used uMatrix, it's a nice plugin. The best solution still is just to not browse shitty sites that rely heavily on javascript and leave javascript off. After a while you'll find they're not really worth visiting to begin with. The micromoon theme together with the Redmond theme for GTK2 gives it a comfy Win95 feel, back when the world still was simple and ok.

Always wanted to try icecat but I have the feeling Palemoon has more thought and work put into it's fork and probably has more telemetry removed.

Because GNU Icecat is literally Firefox ESR with a few about:config changes and default addons that are useless if you use umatrix. It's the very definition of a useless fork.

Security hole
Jesus fuck. Flash is a massive security hole which leaves you open to over a hundred different remote attacks which you literally can't defend from.
PM has a shit UI. FF quantum is currently the best UI browser on desktop.
Literally not an argument, especially since most addons won't even be available.

Librefox is better than IceCat. There's no reason to use a million different libreJS workarounds and slow down your browser instead of just using uBlockOrigin to block js by default and manually allow it on certain domains.

If you're retarded, yes. For others, we can have addons that do more.
You don't have to use it, but the option is there.
Okay, you are trolling then. Carry on.

Flat Material Pajeet Ladies and Gentlemen, I think Pajeets genetically love flat ui is because they've been shitting on flat surface for millennia.

Same with regular Firefox.
No, I'm not. PM UI is a clusterfuck and wastes screen space. Chromium browsers look like shit compared to ff, especially when you're downloading anything and they make a permanent sub-window at the bottom.

Flat theming has nothing to do with it. Make a non-flat theme then, but don't use a shit layout.

What wasted screen space? Shilling a bit hard eh? Do you also use rust by any chance?

Attached: 2019-03-02-023630_765x570_scrot.png (765x570, 261.64K)

Nice status bar.

Fag

by default it used the classic ui with huge buttons and an always visible statusbar on the bottom. its something that firefox was some 40 versions ago

Stop posting, idiot.

Default icecat UI is fucking ugly. Not to mention the menu, holy crap!

Attached: ffmenu.png (1356x68 23.67 KB, 8.98K)

Aside from the blank shit next to the URL bar everything looks great, yes.

Looks like vanilla Firefox.

r8 my setup pls

Attached: informativeandminimalistbrowserarrangement.png (1280x388, 85.45K)

gray, boring

That's it?!

well...I like the fact that you've got it all so stuck together, saving space.

also, using XFCE I assume? my nigga, now rate mine

Attached: pmsetup.png (1362x608, 127.39K)

Do you have brain damage ?
Umatrix stopped working with because the umatrix dev continue to work on FF, platform which stopped using XUL.

My trust has fallen off palemoon the moment the developer censored an addon from working.
I have more trust in Icecat which doesn't stop addons (even proprietary ones) from being installed.
To the contrary of Icecat. Google and mozilla are monitoring very closely palemoon, if they want him to stfu they'll do it.
If you want a ethical browser use Icecat, if you want Icecat to dominate it needs money.

It is.

Feels nostalgic.
I recommend searx.

Why ?

That's Stylem (Stylish fork), not noscript haha.

What do you mean by that? I'm beginning to be worried...

Does pale moon audio work or is it broken like firefucks.

It has alsa support if that's what you mean.

But when will it get a container tabs fork?

What it means is that palemoon was doing something so right that the kikes started to watch it closely and start blackmailing the devs to control them. Hence why it got forked from firefox 52 ESR to appease the kikes at jewgle and pozzfox. If you want to fork palemoon before the 52 esr fork make sure you distribute it anonymously and update it anonymously over censorship resistant methods like I2P/tor/ipfs. Or hell just use physical cdrom disks uploaded to a central server that then gets p2p'd to distribute updates and keep yourself anonymous. That's how serious the even remote possibility of privacy is to pozzfox and jewgle, you shouldn't ever be able to not be stolen from.

OP is a faggot though.

"muh DEFAULTZ"
Funny you never mention default before that, how convenient :^)

Now show me pentadactyl on firefox quantum, I'm waiting.

Not him but are these extensions as good as pentadactyl?
archive.fo/Uyw5X

The ONLY argument against Mozilla is "muh default settings are spyware".

i like the minimal ui in firefox tho. the screen space is for content not the programs ui so something with huge buttons and toolbars that take 10+% of screen space is bad design.

proprietary binaries and they got mad at the openbsd port noob who couldn't read licenses

no

That's literally just "muh defaults"

at least read the article - try the "shitty developer attitude" section if you still trust mozilla

Sounds like literally every project.

So that's why I can't find it on some repositories? Huh, didn't know there were some license shit going on with the project. What a bunch of fags.

personally i hate their ui, it goes for the metro chrome look which sucks.
lack of legacy addons.
It also requires rust to compile which is slow as fuck.

It's not a liscence issue but a trademark one. Pale Moon is free but the name "Pale Moon" is trademarked and so you can't use it when it's labeled that way without permission or something.

i like the new firefox ui and chrome ui. the ui is not supposed to waste space like it did in old firefox. theres barely any space for content on laptops like the x220 so i dont want some huge useless toolbars that cover half of the screen.

Firefox still has a MUCH better UI than Chrome. The most annoying part of Chrome browsers is that they make a gigantic pop-up panel whenever something is downloading. You can still customize Firefox a lot more out of the box than Chrome, I literally couldn't live without the 2 bookmark buttons and the few addon buttons I have next to the URL bar which don't waste any vertical space, while Chrome (or at least Brave) hides addons in the menu and can only show bookmarks in a panel below URL. Plus the sidebars are a time saver and very convenient for anyone who has more than 10 bookmarks.

r8 my setup
i use faggot CSS darkenizer because youtube doesn't support night mode unless i use jewgle chrome

Attached: palemoon.jpg (952x520, 69.68K)

awful

nice try botnet shill

Attached: yt.png (1366x768, 434.42K)

thanks op, that's good news. hopefully he will also fork ublock orgin.

That's turbo retarded. Does any other free piece of software have these same problems? I would like to avoid them if possible.

they just copied that from firefox

Dude, get your damn text encoding sorted out

It's probably just random chinkscript anyways

Right, because those little unknown character boxes are way more aesthetically appealing.

its just some random crap like font awesome that wont work properly because i have downloadable fonts disabled. anything worth reading works

You could set a system wide font with proper gook rune fallback, you know. I mean maybe I'm crazy, I just like to feel like I'm using a proper, fully featured OS sometimes.

>>we are strictly against allowing extensions that cause direct damage
Do you understand the implications here?
What happened with Adblock? The websites can detect it and just put a big header with "please turn off your adblock to view content"
Palemoon user agent doesn't even have good compatibility with eveything and having AdNushit just makes the problem even more complicated so its good the devs addressed it clearly. It's not like you can't disable the blocking which is just steps away from about:config, you're just whining like a baby.
False "ad clicks" also kill MOST and usually google ads and if you have an ad yourself it will automatically get flagged and you'll lose all your shekels = this is real and you can try it yourself.

Try clicking your own ads a bunch of times with the same browser and IP or change that since they have good way to track. You will be demonetized immediately.

No. Actually they were cool, it's the bsdfags who got triggered immediately and acted unprofessional and tried to decide things without the palemoondev's decision because they don't know how to respect license shits.
There's also problems with the compatibility but that can be solved by the pm dev.
Suggested to just for it with a new branding but then this follows:
The classic "I was wrong and I won't admit it and I'll just reject it even if it has been resolved and this browser who has quote no userbase anyways unquote to flex on you because I was wrong and too embarrassed to admit it." - saltybsdfags.

9/10
The tabs could do better with tree style fork.
Also, can you tell me about your font and configs?

Oh thats why my customization and XUL injected scripts suddenly fucked up. I have to downgrade this shit, do you know the last good version? No wonder they were threatened by George Soros.
Brought to you by fake news.

autism and contrarianism

Fonts are defaults, XFCE Kiwi window borders and MurrinaVerdeOlivo controls. Pale Moon theme is Stratum. Want any more information?

Never used tree tab stuff, will check it out.

A bunch of things:
It is the only actual Firefox fork that has progressed beyond removing some blobs.
Moonchild (main dev) uses wolves as his "avatar" in the same manner people did it in the 90s, no further evidence of him being a furry.
Reccomending users not use a ad-clicker extension pushed by Zig Forumsacks.
Critizing NoScript for being "placebo" while also complaining about users who claimed "Pale Moon didn't work" due to NoScript.
OpenBSD drama (a dev wanted to compile and offer Pale Moon using their own binaries while not following licensing and getting pissy when Pale Moon devs gave him the option to just do it using a different logo and browsername instead).
Mozillafags threated by a nonbotnet browser.
Chromefags who find the default interface "ugly/old" (not knowing you can easily customize it).

That is what happens when your computer is being used as a DDos machine.

Do you still have a titlebar when you are not maximizing the browser window on that custom usercss?

Pale Moon isn't forked from Firefox 52 ESR, Basilisk (another browser) is.

Is it safe to run i2p on it?

Read the github you faggot.
github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon
UXP = firefox 52 esr = basilisk thingy = palemoon. Palemoon is just a UI now for modern firefox. All the debottned things palemoon had like the rendering engine without css3/always on javascript and no telemetry went away with the v28 hardfork on firefox 52.