Friends who study CS

Friends who study CS.

It is important to master a topic of math such as you can make the exercises without trouble easily, or is just enough with understanding clearly the topic and leave the computation to the computers, since most of the libraries of math has implemented the solutions already?

Attached: 700.jpg (200x313, 8.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

love2d.org/)
lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php)
projecteuler.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you've got a good grasp of algebra you'll be fine.

code monkeys use other peoples code.
professionals use other peoples code and write their own code.

Structuring programs is abstract algebra.

And skilled engineers write an OS from scratch using a proofed design for specific hardware just to run one program. There's a lack of skilled engineers nowadays.

What exercises? There are exercises that will causes masters to struggle, those are called 'research topics.' Learning mathematics is always going to be a struggle, as the exercises should just be every so slightly harder than comfortable, that's where you learn. It's true, you probably won't need to write your own algorithm to compute the SVD of a matrix, but could you? The correct application of mathematics is usually the hard part. For example, if I ask you to compute the optimal trajectory to land on mars, the fact that you have a computer which can solve many simultaneous differential equations is the least of your worries, the real difficulty is in writing the equations to solve in the first place.

Of course, there's still plenty of areas in which the known algorithms could do with significant improvements, in those areas, you'll be writing your own implementations for everyone else to use, and "Numerical Methods" is a blend between ComSci and Mathematics.

If you just want to make shitty web pages, you probably don't need anything more than highschool.

What's the best degree to learn programing to make a game? I have shit computer knowledge but I want to get a 2 year degree make a game a game as a hobby in my free time. I want the degree because it will be like 2 birds one stone as I can add it to my resume.

I've you've made a neat game, nobody will care about the degree you have. If you haven't made a neat game, nobody will care about the degree you have. Instead of wasting two years and paying through the nose to get a credential nobody will ever care about, why not download a free game engine like LÖVE (love2d.org/) or a cheap one like Pico-8 (lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php) and spend two years making an actual portfolio of games?

I feel like this is a meme, but I'll take you seriously and ask you to explain how so.

I wouldn't do any degree that focuses on game designing. Do computer science and make games on the side.
Also depends on what you want to do. If you want to help create game engines or computer graphics you'll need a lot of mathematics (mainly linear algebra, probably calculus) and physics.

It isn't, but that guy is a faggot. What he's actually thinking of is category theory.

I am in calculus 1 and I already taken physics 1 and 2. I need to take calculus 2 & 3 for my main degree. I just want to learn how to code and make a game, and program.

For undergrad

For grad school you need at least linear algebra and differential equations (multi layer perception one example). Also encryption uses a lot of number theory. Advanced statistics is also equate required

You also will need advanced mathematics for The Art of Computer Programming volumes 1 through 4 by Donald Knuth

consider the following for practice: projecteuler.net/

Game programming courses are always the most impacted. It was a 2 year wait list to take the class at my uni.

Why the fuck do you need a course on game programming, that's just another way to fleece students. If you are any good at programming, writing a game is not difficult. Especially nowadays. Then you either can or can't, as it's a creativity and talent thing. Being able to write doesn't mean you're a good book author either.

>>>/reddit/

I go to a community college so I doubt it would be hard to get in, since I can just sign up for the program and have at least all the courses like Math and English, and whatever side bullshit course you typically have to get. So I would only need the main classes that you litterally go for college for.

You don't need university maths for most things. You just need to care about basic things like performance, maintainabillity, security and using an appropriate language.

Unless, you know, you want to try and understand how anything works.

And people that aren't human garbage write their own source, or at the very least fully understand what they're using. Getting to the level of the people that invented all this shit should be the goal if you don't want everything to keep getting worse ad perpetuum until there is nothing good left. Fuck you.

im going to get my cs degree soon but i am a unironic brainlet.
with that being said, i am more aware of the etiquette you turbo-nerds have and i have the work ethic to hold myself to those standards.

Nobody cares. Just pass the exam and you'll be fine, real life working in the field is vastly different than all that boring shit in uni. If you're good at it, hang in tgere and better your average grade. If you're not, don't waste time with it.