Dissenter

"Now Gab wants to give its users even more power to voice their opinions free of censorship: it has just released Dissenter, or "the comment section of the internet" as its creators have dubbed it. This service allows users to comment and read comments for every URL out there from an external plugin, without the need to log into that particular website or even having an account there. You can comment about a Facebook page, and read comments from other Dissenter users about it, without having to log into Facebook or even having a Facebook account in the first place. This means you can completely bypass the private censorship of platforms like Facebook, Twitter and even WordPress."

Is this a good idea? Is the extension a honeypot?

A homosexual tranny gives his opinion:

bitchute.com/video/BUtvgs6_tsE/

Attached: DFsrgfdXoAEvqQW.jpg (700x350 18.23 KB, 10.05K)

Still have to make an account to use it.

Something like Third Voice then, except worse. Bravo for originality.

great idea IMO (possible botnet issue though?)

It was a great idea back in '99. Now it's a regurgitation.
Without even looking I bet it sends every URL you access to the (((cloud))) = botnet.

>I bet it sends every URL you access to the (((cloud)))
It has to, unless it pre-loads every comment on the internet into your hard drive and constantly loads new comments (in which case it'll track the time you spend online), it has to request the comments for every page you visit.

it can download 4-byte hashes of URLs
it can only check a URL on user action, to look for comments.
it can be locally toggled per domain.
one's imagination is often aligned with one's interests. no interest in privacy --> "wow we didn't think of any of that"
gab sucks but this is a good and easily duped idea. so dupe it

I actually did it ironically

Attached: sorry.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

(((Gab))) is trying to be a smartass, I get that.

I'm not making an account for that shit.
A big issue aside from censorship is being hounded for your post history by autistic cyber warriors on the internet trying to dox you and get you fired and ostracized.
A simple Gab themed extension with an anonymous commenting function would be better.

Gab is a fucking joke of a "free speech" platform. They banned Weev, despite none of his posts breaking the law, for being too edgy. Some sort of anonymous commenting system would be nice, but I wouldn't trust that maga faggot torba to be in charge of it

Gab is a fucking joke.

very inconvenient
sounds like shit. Free speech is fine but if it's not anonymous you risk being targeted by autistic activists, companies or governments. So this all sounds like snake oil.
>Gab uses (((Cloudflare)))
insta-dropped

Gab is literal unusable shit. Once they remove the (((Cloudflare))) malware from their site then MAYBE this addon will become relevant. Since this will never happen all you can hope for is an alternative for this, preferably something chan-like and anonymous.

weev is a subversive kike. Who cares? The guy goes around talking about genociding people on white nationalist platforms to try and get them pulled.

Attached: weev-the-jew.jpg (392x337, 29.56K)

he's done more for the "white race" in a few minutes on the computer than you in your entire dumb pathetic life stormfag

This thread sure turned to shit quick.

Weev never posted anything illegal on Gab. If by your own admission you think Weev said things that are harmful to your cause that is irrelevant to the fact that Gab is not, and never was a free speech platform.

fuck off TRSodomites

Did you know Torba is actually jewish?

why is Zig Forums so anti-gab?

is it open source? or saved on their cuck servers

yes

weev actually got banned because the top level domain threatened to boot them if they didn't ban weev. That was over a year ago, and supposedly gab is more resistant to that now, but their censorship is more than before though.

clouflare being a necessity is a meme now, and people freak out if they get banned from it as if they'd effectively been shut out of the internet. shit-tier developers believe in this meme too.

I found the post. It was the registrar that threatened gab. Sorry for the mistake.

Attached: 7b02cd0ffdfe8d19ef02e81aa5b27508494c0b00f894cd5c83831dd0683f1a23-pol.jpg (606x687, 42.67K)

friendly reminder that weev was forced to work for the feds. polite sage for double post. Also, a gabbai is a shabbos goy.

Attached: 290e5e10409734a27bccf2ef4e271c5efdde63c1e8009a14d207c27bbb98df81-pol.jpg (1275x1650 13.05 KB, 124.73K)

yeah, that explanation came out, but Torba's initial explanation was "we banned weev because he said something illegal", after ramz demonstrated what a Fed looks like by telling the FBI that weev must be a Fed for some shit that he said.
Just like we now know that the loli purge was meant to deflect boomers thinking the site was a scam with faked numbers and fake activity. That motivation, and Torba says, "Y'ALL ARE DEMONS"

what a fucking hero ramz is
definitely makes me more suspicious of weev

last post

Attached: d7579cf1902e59820cb998bcd8a1802f7a2578abde548da04963e428710e94ae-pol.jpg (2667x2667, 964.4K)

Wouldn't you rather have many different accounts rather than one account for everything, so that no single entity has access to your entire comment history? Seems like a step backwards to me. Even within single sites with broad topics like plebbit, people already make different accounts because they don't want their r/gonewild shit associating with their r/resumeadvice or r/newyork shit.

I get the value of separating comment sections and sites so that content and discussion moderation can act like checks and balances on each other. But comments from all sites shouldn't be stored on one god server, there should be federated servers servicing individual sites to allow you to fetch and make comments through a common interface, but without letting anyone track your comments across sites.

What gab should have done is create a common, open "comments about site" standard, a reference implementation of an API to do that, a reference implementation of a server so that anyone could self-host comments for any number of sites of their choosing, provide a general directory of such servers, and implement a reference client that talks to all these servers and lets the user easily make and view comments without having to deal with what particular server the comments come from (unless they cared). That would actually allow censorship free discussion. Instead they made a spyware that MITMs all your online commenting. If you think about it, plebbit is already an implementation of this, whatever site you are on chances are it was submitted to some plebbit and you could go comment on the submission there.

Stellar logic there user. Just wait for the ancap paradise amirite?

What does openness of source have to do with who runs the server and keeps the data? You fucking retard, learn what the words mean if you're gonna use them, don't just meme like brainless monkey.

Just use Tor or I2P if you want security.

Hab and by extension Dissenter are fucking shit. The audience is clearly supposed to be disgruntled boomers and FB whores who got banned or are otherwise angry and it absolutely shows. There are no meaningful conversations there. You can get better responses from fucking Zig Forums. It's also in no way anonymous because again the audience doesn't even know what anonymity means. People can easily track your posts on Dissenter back to your main account. Any fed intern could track people with this.

I don't have it off hand, but Weev fully admitted in a blog post he was trying to force Torba's hand to see if he would censor speech. You can call him whatever you want, but he conclusively proved that Gab is not a free speech platform, and if you step out of line you will be removed.

I hope someone does make a successful free speech twitter clone, but Gab is not that

Who gives a shit about free speech? Jewish tricks should be banned. If you don't ban trickers/bots/kikes/Feds, they shit up the board, derail everything, spread rumors, etc. Banning weev is a good sign, not a bad one. He should be banned from breathing.

It's botnet with no transparency or anything technologically cool. Actually went there to see what tracking scripts it loads and got this,
"What happened?
The owner of this website (gab.ai) has banned your IP address "
"free speech" platform that wont even let you browse via tor, what a fucking joke. Even worse than I imagined.

The guy claiming to run a first amendment free speech platform. If you want a twitter clone for MAGApede boomers - fine, but don't advertise your website as promoting free speech when it doesn't

this

Attached: weev ginsberg.jpg (412x600, 56.94K)

The layout for Gab is also one of the worst I've seen in a while. Worse than Facebook, worse than Reddit.

Complete freedom is impossible. My freedom to kill you conflicts with your freedom to live. Your freedom to silence me conflicts with my freedom to speak.

In an ideal world, Zig Forums would have an infinite capacity and no threads would ever die, meaning it would be impossible to slide a board out of existence. Also, it would be easy to find threads that interest you (like with a filter in addition to the catalog search). But that's not the way it is. The boards can only hold so many threads at once. In this sense, freedom of expression on any given board has a hard limit and as far as the top-level of threads go, speech is a zero-sum game.

You claim to care about freedom of speech, but you're actively hogging a huge portion of the space here by shitposting. Since we can't have absolute free speech, we have to settle for something else. The second best thing we can do is asymptotically increase the amount of free speech toward the limit. Within the existing restrictions, a mathematically ideal board would be filled with threads that accrue posts and viewers equally, until they hit the post limit, and only then would new threads would appear. That's not ideal for a thriving community; I'm just providing it as a point of contrast to what has been happening. Instead of approaching that, we're almost at the opposite extreme right now. We can't have complete freedom, so if you care about it you should try for the next best thing: more than we currently have.

Aha! That's exactly what you're after is it not? You're trying to make a statement. You're sacrificing some freedom now for more freedom later. But here's the problem with that. According to your own valuation of freedom, your actions only become justified if your opponents cave in to you, otherwise all you accomplished was to restrict freedom of speech. Your victory is not guaranteed. In fact it's so unlikely that you might as well write off the possibility entirely. Probabilistically the expected result here is no change in moderation, while you have wasted however much time people could have used to discuss the board topic. What you are doing is at complete odds with your stated goals.

But hold on, it gets even worse than this. This is infinitechan. The site's gimmick is your ability to create your own boards. If you are displeased with how a board pursues free speech (or doesn't), you are free to make your own board. You are free to speak there instead. You are free to shill that board on the other boards. You are free to put your ideas into action and make a better board. You are free to force a board's hand by providing stiff competition in the marketplace of marketplaces of ideas. You can protest board moderation (and even create pressure for change) without infringing on anybody's ability to speak whatsoever. You can do all of this purely via creative action.

But you don't. With the unfettered ability to create at your fingertips, you instead destroy. Because deep down you fear that you don't have it in you to create anything, and you're jealous of the people who are unafraid. All you do is tear down other people. You invade existing spaces to shut down discussions because it's the only way you feel you can affect anything. But you're wrong. We all have the ability to create. You certainly have the energy. If you really are all bleeding heart about free speech, go create your own boards for whatever you want. It doesn't matter if they're shitty. They'll be yours. And if they're shitty, just keep posting content, and post better content than before.

If you don't actually give a damn about free speech, drop the pretense. Nobody is buying it, except whatever people you've fooled into thinking it's a wise use of their time to help you. All you're actually doing is disrupting the site. Own your shit. Maybe someday you'll actually be good at fucking with people. Maybe try for something specific, like /sp/ and gets. Right now you're a tiresome annoyance that goes away very quickly.

Keep going Torba the Hutt.

What don't you dirty boomers understand that people want freedom of speech. Zig Forums provides freedom of speech. Gab does not. Go back to your boomer containment pit and stop shilling Torba's scam for magapedes here

A free speech website is wholly possible; you're posting on one right now.

Attached: beaeb879c20a7c5fca519aef443677aaef4d36b8d363f242ad8cd01b7540a84c.gif (250x240, 765.78K)

tldr past "freeze peach"
if you have contempt for the very idea that people would feel free to talk with others, and be able to do so, without a giant gauntlet falling on them from time to time and without warning, then fucking kill yourself.

That's a strawman matey. There is no contempt for people to talk to one another. What you need to understand that free speech doesn't imply that there are no consequences either from the government or society at large. People get offended and they will no longer want to be with you and work with you. That is the consequence of offending people with speech.

this is a strawman matey. Nobody has ever said that that one or the other mayn't happen. What does happen is that (((people are offended))) on behalf of other people, and those (((people))) go out and force other people to disassociate from the source of offense, through escalating targeted harassment, even to the point of closing credit lines and bank accounts.

what you're really covering for when "freeze peach" crawls out of your mouth is tortuous interference. Nobody would give a shit if the defining feature of SJWs was their retreat from offense.

lol

yeah well now that weev is banned, all that's required for nobody to conclude that violence works, would be for
1. time to magically roll back to 9/11/01
2. all Western governments to not proceed to treat Muslims with care and concern in excess of what non-Muslims get.

It's not a strawman. People are well within their right to be offended for other people. Tortious interference and harassment is a different matter. There are already legal procedures in place if you can prove certain individuals commit these acts of tort.

No, these are the matter. These are why there's any conflict at all. I get offended all the time and I withdraw from offense all the time. Chinese place doesn't put a fortune cookie in my order? Fuck that place.
I've never raised such a rabble about any of my offenses that a Chinese place got burned down over it. Delivery-men for Chinese places don't have to worry about getting sucker-punched.

So your issue isn't about free speech directly but tortious offenses that can occur afterwards (as is too common in modern society). I can agree that these acts of tort are immoral and should not happen in civil society. I can agree that there are ideologues who have the idea that committing acts of tort is justified against political enemies. These things do happen, I don't want it to happen but there it is.

As for me I will speak my mind, get shit canned in public and make do with whatever alternative is available. Personally, I'm not afraid of the far left mob because I'm single and have no responsibilities except to myself. I will take the consequences and continue to fight but only according to wisdom. I will pick and choose my battles.

same. but
1. I have a landlord that could run me out
2. I go out a lot and eat food at places that could poison me
3. I hate interviewing and getting repeatedly fired would mean a lot of those

Beautiful repeating digits on the end of your post's number, my dear friend.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (675x1200, 1.06M)

This whole post is so retarded that most of the people in this thread don't even want to reply to it. You completely misunderstand the concept of free speech as a right.

I've seen this before..

Time is running out. End it.

Attached: 1445275989014.jpg (800x530, 35.04K)

That's what you get when Zig Forumstards are allowed to post here.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

That's right, faggot. Pedophilia is forbidden, as it should be.

Nice fantasy faggot, it's open source and you install it on your browser, do you even understand how extensions work?
This is the tech board not the larp board.
gtfo

Attached: 1553833574001.jpg (570x587, 43.5K)

Looks like some Soros-funded controlled opposition to me.

Go back to tumblr.

You are wrong, faggot.