Cashless Stores

I have seen two of these now. Stores that claim not to accept cash for goods.

Cash is great. I don't want banks collecting and selling my analytics. I don't want my card to get swiped by dodgy machines. Crypto is alright but I assume the public ledger makes it easily possible to analyse purchase history and correlate likely identities unless protective measures are taken.

On the plus side, anti discrimination legislation in Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York (proposed iirc) has banned such stores, so they won't become impossible to avoid there.

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-sweden-cenbank-cashless-idUSKBN1O327W
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Y6Dk8Ui3M&t=2m30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck is up with the triple posting? Shit nigger. Fuck cashless stores though. There is a convenience store I used to go to until it went cashless and they lost my business entirely. Debit and credit cards are just big fucking identity theft billboards in your pocket. Never have to worry about your credit card being stolen in the next big retail chain hack if you just don't have a fucking credit card.

"“Sweden will probably become cashless in 3-5 years,” Riksbank deputy Skingsley said at a London banking conference.
Physical cash would not be banned, but so few people and firms were likely to need to use it beyond that timeframe that it would become practically useless."
reuters.com/article/us-sweden-cenbank-cashless-idUSKBN1O327W

It's all over for us. Cashless in the only future for us, since nobody will ever resist cashless. We surrender.

I thought, legally, you have to accept cash, as a merchant.

You get the %NaN% too? Or did your post get to 100% then just not go through? For the latter, I've found that making a random post in another thread sometimes kicks it into gear and makes the thread go through. Wonder why, it seemed to be working fine for the longest time...

here in stockholm sweden there are lots of stores that dont take cash. usually smaller stores though. but its difficult to even find a bank that deals with cash anymore.

OP is a faggot.

Sweden is the last place I would go.

Next step on the rollercoaster: Only being able to pay by scanning a QR code that goes through a Facebook app.

...like is already fucking happening in China (well, with WeChat)

Please, Millenials, you made this happen with your fucking COMPUTER ILLITERATE SMRATFONES. Put a fucking shutgun in your mouth. I don't fucking care if the whole species is wiped out.

OP, your triplepost was because you fucking use a Smartphone app (Overchan?) to post. No shutgun handy? Use a kitchen knife.

crypto is the new cash for the first world, I think third world is safe from cashless simply because they couldn't, the infrastructure is just not there.

But it is. Everyone in the third world pays with phone apps. You have an app that will send money to someone and receive it. When you go into a store, you don't swipe a card, you get the tellers address and message them the money.

It's not the material that money is made of that is broken; it's the method that money is made by that is broken.

My credit card is nice. They literally pay me to use it in the form of cashback, and it's good insurance in case I get scammed or some shit merchant refuses to refund the product. I realize I'm being mined, but at least I get a fair payment for my data.

Cashless stores are a retarded idea though. I try to get around it by buying gift cards instead, no name on those. Isn't it illegal to refuse cash anyhow?

Monero, Zcash, and I think GRIN have anonymous transactions.

How much longer till glow in the dark nigger agents start getting everyone to think only terrorists or pedophiles want to pay in cash or keep cash on them?

Third world rapidly adopted wireless tech because it was cheaper than actual phone lines. They basically skipped the wired step that we went through and went straight from absolutely nothing to wireless. In some African nations pre-paid phone cards have been more desirable than cash during periods of internal strife.

They already do this to high value bills. Carry a wad of $100's? Must be a drug dealer. Based on this assumption they can seize the cash as part of a civil forfeiture. No formal criminal charges are even necessary for this seizure to take place. If it is found later you are not guilty of any crime, they have no obligation to return the seized assets. This can extend not just to cash but to personal property, vehicles, real estate, firearms, etc. The state can literally take everything you own for no substantiated reason using a secret warrant and tell you to pound sand when you ask for it back.

I think recent cases are starting to question this. There was a case that passed through the supreme court recently that made some of the relevant parts of constitution apply to the states as well. Something so obviously broken can't stand for very long

Where have you been for the last decade?

youtube.com/watch?v=w8Y6Dk8Ui3M&t=2m30s

Attached: no credit cards.png (1133x640, 431.28K)

Thread creation is bugged. To mitigate this problem, the number of threads that can be created per hour MUST be limited to only one.

HI THERE! I'M A 16 YEAR-OLD ON THE INTERNET!
THIS CRYPTOCURRENCY THING WILL SAVE OUR FREEDOMS*!
BECAUSE UNLIKE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPED OVER THE PAST 200,000 YEARS, THERE IS A MAGICAL REASON WHY IT CAN'T BE EXPLOITED AND TWISTED!
BECAUSE A 17 YEAR-OLD TOLD ME SO

Ive seen before when making a thread 8ch gives an error but still makes the post so people see the error and go back and repost. It's not spam.