Jewsh

When did it go wrong?

Attached: orthodox jewsh.png (400x400 378.33 KB, 25.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.php.net/php.internals/70691
eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design
whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-php-suck/
reddit.com/r/lolphp/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP#Security
eev.
twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/1100939220149886976
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: josh inf next.png (657x1024, 447.13K)

add to the list

make sure to donate to my patreon

Attached: josh the tranny mulletman.png (631x470, 173.65K)

Who is this nigger?

I never used PHP, so please tell me, is its badness just a meme or is it really so awful? It is used everywhere on the web, so there must be something it's doing right?

im not a programmer, but I assume it is so hated BECAUSE its used all over the web. So people can see the very worst and most annoying implementations of this language. But I'm not a programmer, so what the hell do I know?

PHP is just retarded because you're wondering to yourself "Why the fuck is it compiled into C code and then compiled into machine code once more?" and shit BREAKING because it wasn't designed to be good and last in the first place. But you can write something relatively fast and it just werks on apache.

His name is in the subject of the thread retard

It's made by Jews.

news.php.net/php.internals/70691
eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design
whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-php-suck/
reddit.com/r/lolphp/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP#Security

He was cute though.

His mom is hot.

It's really that bad. And new versions require rewriting all the code.
If you saw the thread about the user having to "upgrade" 100 PHP websites in one week, now you know why that's so hard.

eev. ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
Here's a giant blogpost on why it's bad. Rewriting it every time makes no sense.

m8, have you tried reading the thread before posting?

I know we're shitposting about (((Josh))) who can't into PHP but it won't make the language less of a slow clusterfuck.

Hes become a transgender.

AAAAAAAAAAH It has already been posted!
If I had read the the thread I would have noticed.

Attached: 0c681f48c092a9f8d1f15c6164d304f2985116c9fce56c43c0423ef7896e516d.gif (487x560, 722.05K)

you smart

where were you when HW became the villain of the story?

Attached: screencapture-outline-8EN9Nb-2019-03-20-19_48_13.png (1920x6017, 1.2M)

APOLOGIZE TO JOSH

josh did nothing wrong

I'm not reading that

Attached: mark FAGGOT.png (951x233, 41.93K)

Mark is right though. Stormfags were, are, and always be, pure cancer.

Is that his mom or a gf? lel

No the question you should ask is when were you right to start with

Thank you for the summary.

Check his twitter, he's been "quoted" incorrectly

twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/1100939220149886976

I don't do web development so I'm not really the expert on the matter.
I have done some PHP tweaking in the past and I've messed-around with Flask a bit, but it's not like I'm well-versed in web technologies.
PHP seems entirely workable and the way it is structured doesn't bother me. The syntax is a bit strange to look at, but compared to other web languages it's really not that bad and you can get a feel for it.
Seems like most of the complaints of quirkiness come from some of the more advanced features.
It's so old that stuff any modern web language might want to do by default, such as sanitizing user input, hadn't really been a concern when it was made.
Plus some general other design choices that probably seemed fine when the web was pretty simply and you just wanted to let people submit text in a box and generate a response in return.

But it's fast and effective and good as the simple tasks it was designed to do.
I get the feeling that half the hate comes from veteran backend developers who are sick of dealing with some of its worst attributes and feeling like there's no alternative out there for backend development.
But the other half of the complaints seem to come from the same crowd that will whine about being made to take a C++ course because "ugh so much rewriting the same stuff and not safe and I could be doing Rust right now instead".

The problem is that I've never seen a pervasive replacement for PHP. All the options are slower or have their own problems. Leads me to believe backend development just sucks (it does, just less than frontend development) and everyone is just gravitating towards the thing that's broken in ways they don't mind.
Which just leads me to believe that PHP isn't very "modern" but it's perfectly serviceable.
Mainly because I'm projecting all the hate C++ gets onto it, where people who can't understand pointers try to make the argument that it's not something they should have to learn and the language should "just take care of it".
Apply that logic to web stuff and the hate I see for PHP aligns perfectly.

Attached: 7c69f05f7f48d19bbbd2f8df2cfef2d941416335d7f693d6a75baeb69f51eb79.jpg (1024x794, 45.16K)

We believe that most of the web does not need to be dynamic and increasing complexity on server-side applications is one of the main reasons for the web obesity crisis. The common approach nowadays is to do everything on the server, including parsing requests, modifying files and databases, generating HTML and all that using unfit languages like PHP or JavaScript, which is a security and efficiency nightmare.

Over the years we have seen massive amounts of security holes in numerous applications of tools commonly used for these jobs (PHP, node.js, CGI-implementations, ...). The reason why we are in this situation in the first place is due to the fact that the jobs of data processing and data presentation, which should be separate, converged together into one.

The solution is to rely on static regeneration independent from the web server, which just serves static files. You can still implement e.g. form handlers for dynamic content which run as their own network instance and operate independently from the web server. What's left is just to generate the static content using the database and repeating this process in case the database is updated.

This way the jobs of data processing and data presentation are separate again, with many advantages. All requests are handled with constantly low latency, with the possibility of serving everything directly from RAM (using a ramfs). Separated concerns make it very unattractive to attack the web server itself and the attack surface that is left, if it is present at all, is the separate form handler, which can be implemented in a very simple, safe and efficient manner.

In case there is an attack on this infrastructure and the attacker manages to DoS the form handler, the serving of content is still unaffected.

is a code monkey and is a software developer. Night and day difference.

I don't believe in killing people based on immutable characteristics like race, or skin/hair/eye color. But I do believe in killing heretics and the wicked. Islam is garbage, and so is Judaism. Muslims and Jews should be cut down in droves in the name of the Holy Trinity. They should be made to serve Christ or taste steel.

Attached: 1552965537729.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

tried to singlehandledly build successor to underlying tech powering chans with bad designed prototypes in shitty languages, failed
blamed his software inability to handle bandwidth on few things he couldnt get fixed in time, got fired anyway
even if it was true, doesnt matter, you were given a job, you should do it in time and how you promised, nobody is going to wait for you to fix site-killing superbugs in next 6 months because you are tired

But nothing of what he said made any sense, you samefag. It's true separation of concerns sucks in most web frameworks (PHP itself is a really bad offender, by making PHP pretty much based around coding inside a template, which tempts a lot of shitcoders), but everything after that is nonsense. Dynamic websites are necessary; how else would you run a search query and don't tell me "download the whole website and run the search client-side"? Would you cache all possible searches ahead of time? Of course you won't. There are more usecases for dynamic website generation, but this is the most blatant one. Not to mention his proposed solution is exactly what brought Zig Forums down before getting Alacrity, which I suspect lazily evaluates each URL only when needed.

If you want my opinion on why webdev sucks as an actual webdev, it is because HTML sucks. Everything about it does, and it only brings bad practices with its shittiness. It was not made for dynamic content generation, nor to reduce serverside (or clientside) complexity. It was made for simple, static documents. It was (understandably) made without CSS3 in mind. Modern HTML + CSS3 code is hard to reason about, and pretty much write-only. Just look at the fucking huge amount of boilerplate there is in your average HTML5 document, just to make CSS render it correctly. How do you know which rules apply to a certain element with nontrivial CSS, without executing it in a browser? You don't, because rules may come from a thousand places. It just sucks.

My recommendation for a better web? Ditch HTML, ditch CSS, and keep a small subset if HTTP. Start anew with another ecosystem, with simpler documents and more "prefabricated" components (user/password forms shoukd lretty much be a built-in in browsers and web frameworks, for example). Learn fron HTML5's mistakes, and build the new web with efficiency and simplicity in mind. Don't be afraid of being slightly opinionated with it, and hopefully you will keep most browsers easily under 100k lines of code as God and Terry intended.

Attached: 99338ca8985f657524d36b0861ccfb4d550a9c130c449725f683647aad1fdf4a.gif (800x1106 63.96 KB, 84.05K)

You don't create a monolithic dynamic piece of shit that uses 100 javascript libraries for a simple search.
You can still have separate form handlers from the web server _WHICH IS WHAT WAS SAID BEFORE_.

That's the one of the most cucked and kosher ideologies possible. You'd love Africa it's full of Christians.

I'm a "code monkey" because I don't want to have some ultra high-level language that runs 100x slower handle a bunch of stuff so I don't have to worry about it?
It's called "producing stuff that works" and "understanding a system".
Simple fact is that PHP "just works" for simple websites because of how broken the internet is. Which is why I refuse to build websites unless absolutely necessary.
Being an engineer is about solving practical problems with practical solutions. I love to theorize about the optimal solution with no restrictions, but it's a simple fact that most faggots out there cranking out high-level code they don't understand are the "code monkeys". The people who shill Rust and talk about whatever Language of the Week solves some problem by sacrificing all usability and how great it would be if all languages just did that with no compromises... it's like people have no sense of reality.

Most of the web shouldn't be dynamic, but it is.
We should just use desktop software connecting to servers for anything we want to do.
I'd be 100% fine with getting rid of most "web technologies", though, including replacing HTML and CSS with something better and having a scripting system replace JavaScript with something less powerful but much more secure. Making JS turing-complete was a mistake, and it should only have the power to engage CSS effects, for the purpose of animation and the like.

Attached: 5f7c1dcb0291ca44c5c6ec6b0d2a3525b86625a2b549caec5851c4502a29ae2d.jpg (736x739, 110.06K)

No, this makes no sense. JS isn't bad because it's Turing complete, it's bad because it accesses stuff it shouldn't be accessing. JS would be fine did it not have access to everything it does, because it becomes a security issue the moment you are able to access your browser's window dimensions (CSS is also guilty of this) and also contact the server without user interaction. It's either one or the other, not both.

A scripting language is also, by definition, Turing complete. What you are looking for is a declarative language, which doesn't have to be Turing complete, and would actually be a good idea, considering most of the shit JS usually does can be reduced to just a handful of things.

You would love smartphones, which is the real-world implementation of what you are thinking. Yes, it would be neat if we could just reduce everything the web is to a few protocols, but that won't happen. What will happen is each big company will produce a buggy app running with full privileges inside your desktop, and smaller websites will cease to exist because they can't afford to build a full app. Having a generic platform everyone can build on is a good idea, but maybe this is too generic. We need to separate the web between "documents with simple forms" and webapps, and run the earlier with mout any privileges in simple browsers eithout many features, and the latter in a more flexible and generic VM, where the user fully knows what he is installing and the permissions it is giving.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Fucking slide threads everywhere

Whatcha sliding Chaim?

Europeons need to burn in a tar-pit. Disgusting

Looks like some Soros-funded controlled opposition to me.

Yikes. Where did all this misogyny come from?

Holy shit, the Masonic influence here is glowing.

Fucking slide threads everywhere