Brave Browser

jej
all other browsers are inferior now

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-16 15-26-37.png (591x461, 32.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/http.html
digdeeper.neocities.org/news/2019-02-13-brave_trackers.html
twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076160882873380870?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=HDmlYn7oXZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jej
the joke is on you

No thanks, I have enough botnet in my processor.

Your mom will give you 10 times that if you do the dishes.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/http.html
Wow look, better fuck off back to gopher now nigger.

If you beat and rape your mom, she will give you $1,000!

i unironically switched to brave and have no regrets

He's right, you know

it's open source

wtf since when

What the fuck is a "BAT" and how do you claim these digital jew shekels?

It's "open source" spyware.
That's why I don't use this term. Free software is much better.

That was $0.53 in less than a day, all by just browsing the internet.
Up to nearly a dollar now. Free money by literally doing your daily shit. >Get ~$1 a day from doing literally nothing
Every other browser is inferior

Attached: jej.png (593x334, 25.66K)

See:

Be a good little shill and pill me on this.

Actually i dont know how to claim these digital shekels. Hold on, how do i delete a thread? i dont want to spread gay shit that doesnt work.

Damnit, i dont have the password

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS SHIT, JUST FILTER THIS THREAD OR SOMETHING
I CANT CONFIRM IF THE PAYMENTS ARE LEGIT OR NOT

It doesn't seem to be 'fake'. It's just another crypto, and I assume you're going to be paid on the 5th of next month, but how? Did you set up a wallet? Is it built into the browser?

20 mins later:

Get used to it. Tokenization is the latest craze. Crypto is not dead, just the speculators scurried off. The Dapps are coming,

Its an opt-in feature. I forget how exactly you set it up, but i do know you need the dev version of the browser, as the feature is still in development. I dont know how to convert the currency into real shekels either.

brave is malicious

digdeeper.neocities.org/news/2019-02-13-brave_trackers.html

see:

Since the beginning. How anyone thought this was proprietary is a mystery to me.

http article is shit
but brave is still malicious

Don't forget that Brave makes bullshit payments and donations in your name without your knowledge.

no it doesn't. you have full control over it.

So how does this work, I installed the beta build turned ads on and set it to 5 per hour, when do I get my tokens? What if I turn on ad blocking under brave shield defaults in settings? Will it still show the 5 per hour?

You lose that 1$ in hardware and time requirements to render those ads. And BAT can't be sold or used so it's worthless. It literally exists for you to donate it to sites.

You can't convert it into money. Stop using this meme.

So what happened to this shit impersonating content creators and stealing donations?

I think he meant they accept donations in your name, and you never know.

See here: twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076160882873380870?lang=en

You have got to be a special kind of stupid to use something like brave that is literally adware it itself.

"But it's open source"

when will the shilling stop?

When will you stop talking to yourself?

if it has (TM) its probably bad for you

Thanks user I told my doctor to fuck off with all those trademarked medicine

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Into the bin

It's a fucking scam and not real money you fucking idiot. Might as well pretend dlive gives real money. You can't do shit with it.

It doesn't earn money. Stop bumping this shit.

inb4 the poisonous jew

You can actually get it payed out as far as I know but he's the kike who invented Javascript and is co-founder of Mozilla.
The one responsible for all your misery and the state of the web. He makes a lot more with this then you are with those small good goy shekels.
He's just making a profit off of you while you play work slave and do that for 50 cents like those Chinese comment writers for the CCP.

It does but you have to convert it to a cryptocoin first and then transfer it to your bank account.
After those transfers you will receive even less because exchange costs.
Most people like OP don't even have crypto so they can't get the payout.

IT'S NOT WORTH IT AND A KIKE IS A KIKE

youtube.com/watch?v=HDmlYn7oXZs
Here's Ahmed being happy about those 15$.

Yeah, fuck off boomer. Nobody cares.

Schizophrenia is one hell of a drug.

Ur mom gay & ur dad lesbian LOOOOOOLL

Idea: Design a website revenue model in a post-ad world.

Donations or paywalls. Can't we just drop the idea of having to earn money? I mean with the widespread automation, capitalism won't live for long anyway.

its only good if there is none. it means that highly centralized botnet shit like facebook could not exist. people would have to host their shit on their own servers if they want that someone sees it or just turn off their computers and go do something useful instead.

unbased
fuck off faggot you dont deserve to use this word

OP BTFO
/thread

Brave is spyware and send your data to their servers without your permission. They also used people identities without consoling or paying them.

A total mistake. You may go on how open source it's all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you are contributing to Google's appropriation of the web. Use something based off Firefox's engine.
or even better, use a text-based browser and don't ever visit sites that don't work with them since they aren't even worth visiting.

There shouldn't be one to begin with. Websites should be p2p distributed and decentralized as much as possible, and that would kill any form of revenue model, so why even bother trying to come up with something that can't work.

why even use computers at all if youre going to limit yourself to text browsers? only boring nerd shit works in them and its only usable with a keyboard.

websites dont need revenue faggot. anything that gets revenue doesnt deserve to be on the web

Like Zig Forums?

how do you solve the picture captchas in a text only browser

In the ad scams I know they pay you after you reach some amount. The trick is to set the minimum high enough that you only have to pay a few people (who made you a lot of money anyway) and you pocket both what you made from them seeing the ads and the money they'd be paid if they had reached the minimum.
They do have to set a minimum though since transferring the money isn't free.

Attached: brave.jpg (640x755, 36.62K)

Hosting a website cost like 5$ a year. You don't need to torture others for that cash.

Websites should block Brave users for their own good.

Brave isn't currently collecting information from users. They don't even have telemetry. And they have said that this will not change in the future. It is the only browser remaining that blocks ping tracking by default.

you use Links in graphics mode instead of being another retard parrotting a false dichotomy

Just because it calls back to google for some fonts doesn't make it spyware you fucking paranoid tard. Why would you want to disable auto-updates anyways? That article doesn't point out any true spyware methods just 'muh Umatrix is bettur' you're equivalent to those redditors who think dropping a link means they auto won the argument.

Any evidence for that or just bullshit shilling?

but thats not a real text browser

Attached: t.png (1366x768, 34.53K)

Read

I made a tool to automate instantiating a large number of brave browsers running on x11vfb into a group, and rotate each group out 6 times a day to maximize ads viewed per machine. Steal the idea I don't give a fuck. I'm considering routing all the traffic of each one through Tor/privoxy so it never uses a bareback VPN ip as well. I only fully learned how BATs work after I finished, since it was so simple. There's a hard cap of 21 ad notifications received per browser per day. Literally the only thing they could do about this is start banning massive ranges of IP addresses from viewing their ads.

The wallet built into Brave Browser is currently one-way only. Meaning, you can accept coins from external wallets e.g. shitcoin exchanges and gain coins by viewing ads, but you are not able to withdraw them from the browser. Not yet, at least. I did a bit of digging and apparently there are plans to make it two-way 'eventually', but I wasn't able to find much details about this. The developers hardly interact with their community at all. The built-in BAT wallet addon in Brave is managed by the third party Uphold, who make it clear in their ToS that there's a 1 wallet limit per user (to the effect of "write us if you absolutely require a second wallet") but I obviously don't give a shit about that. The thing that would foil this plan, however, would be making all Brave users require signing up with Uphold with KYC information in order to receive their coins (which would completely deanonymize the entire Brave experience rendering the browser and its associated cryptoshekels the laughing stock of the internet for decades to come.)

Anyone here, by any chance, know any solid details about this?

My main Brave browser on my host machine still hasn't paid out (says it pays out on the 5th) , so if it doesn't even pay out, my IP's either fugged or they're having problems since ads were just implemented into the stable channel a week or so ago.

Yeah no thanks I'll happily be out the 300$ a year if it means having an enjoyable browsing experience

"Free" is too confusing, use libre instead.

Attached: 1556243179.jpg (574x890, 52.97K)

No it's not. People understand free software as gratis software because this is what many in society are first taught. Therefore we can improve understanding by establishing the context of freedom whenever we (the free software activist) refer to free software. I personally use terms like "freedom respecting software" and "software that respects the users' freedom".

text browsers are shit. textmode in a UNIX braindamage shell is literally just as bad as any modern GUI. web means static content. static content is text, but also images and videos (yes they are static despite that they have animations you fucking retarded autist who's about to "debate" me on this). Links in graphics mode is the best approximation of how the web should be.

now imagine if you payed $300/year for a browser. just kidding it would still be absolute dogshit

phoning home is malicious you cock sucking faggot. you just wouldn't notice this because you're too used to your garbage software doing much worse things
because thats what the distro is for. the only one fucking thing UNIX does right. you shouldnt need to update plugins either because you shouldnt have any plugins

Actually things like umatrix/ublock are useful even with javascript off. You can dynamically change the content of a page like if there's a html tag that gets enabled since you don't have javascript you can auto remove it. Or if there's CSS you hate the guts of you can auto disable/change it. Its still fucking retarded you need something like this instead of it being builtin to the browser to autoadjust such things.
Also known as phoning home, wasting bandwidth, and a backdoor all at the same time.

That would just be bloat if built into the browser. CSS has no real application aside from making brochures.
A web page should either conform to a language a static document viewer (such as Links) can interpret or be regarded as non-conforming. Non-conforming websites can be parsed by priveleg-isolated programs into useful categorized data.
The real OS will not require updates but will still have distros for layman users.
See unlike UNIX apologists I actually have a realistic software model. But yes, there actually are small parts that absolutely cannot have bugs. No matter how you slice it in any system and they should be isolated from untrustworthy code (no UNIX system does this).

Are you larping as the unix hater or do you genuinely have braindamage? All the code on your system should be trustworthy you braindamaged cunt. If you don't control/understand/trust the code it shouldn't be ran.
All of it should not have bugs of any kind. Look at systems used in engineering planes or medical devices for fucks sake. A bug of any kind in one of those means possible death or injury. You simply can not have any bugs from any possible input/output as everything should be tested and or checked for every scenario.

No, that doesn't matter in capability-secure code or some forms of non-turing-complete code. Unless you're worried about side channels, but even in your shitty mainstream OS sidechannels are just as unsolved. In both cases you need to design critical components to remove side channels. There are still open questions like how side channels can be avoided with dynamic memory allocation and scheduler. When webshitters get their heads out of their asses and "web apps" are replaced with real software, that software will be run with minimal or no privileges. It does not need to be trustworthy since it processes no sensitive data.
We're talking about general purpose computing, not medical devices (which are basically implemented as webshit right now, and yes they need a total system analysis to work).

You are a living example of unix brain damage
Just because what it does internally need not be trusted does not mean the output, or even input, to it is so. Say you input text into a program you don't trust and out comes a fork bomb on a unix system. Well even if your entire system were perfect and that mythical fork bomb on such a system didn't do shit that doesn't change said program can affect the cycles your proccessor had to go through transfering the information from one place to another. From which information can be gleaned, i.e a side channel.

They can't. Use static memory as dynamic has side channels inherent by design. You will always have a cache of some sort for what physically goes to what virtually in dynamic memory models. Even if you had a device, like a second set of RAM dedicated to cache storage that is physically seperate from everything else, that physically stored the cache on said device and did not allow access except via certain methods, there will always be some way of accessing that cache which is a inherent side channel.

Sure you could take a hypervisor like the linux kernel and say only this region the linux kernel inhabits in RAM somwhere has commands to physically jump to the off device MMU cache, it is still accessable. Schedulers will always take control away from something else you do, unless you control the scheduler. So don't have any schedulers and if you do you must have control over them. See the specter vulnerabilities for proof of this fact.

Also wtf I just got the same captcha from like four times ago.

I'll just assume you're talking about injection attacks here because I'm not sure how else to sanely interpret your first paragraph. Injection attacks don't happen in real systems, only retard shit like SQL,shell scripts, and webshit. Programs in UNIX can't compose because they have to reserialize data between each other. Leading to shit like the MySQL vuln where a unicode apostrophe can defeat all escaping. Escaping doesn't even exist outside of braindamaged UNIX systems as there are far superior and simple methods of achieving the same thing.
Spectre was from superscalar braindamage and i already concluded such CPUs would lead to pervasive side channels 10 years before scepter was released. We can compute without cache and branch prediction and it will _STILL_ be hundreds of times faster than webshit.

I am willing to pay 30$ a month to NOT see adds.
Hopefully it's still free.

I wonder what sort of botnet ailments m68k would be suffering from in CY+4 had Commodore decided to turn the Amiga into a hardware standard.