Anyone remember that news about Firefox changing their privacy policy back in 2018/2017...

Anyone remember that news about Firefox changing their privacy policy back in 2018/2017. Said that newer versions would start keeping data or something, being the casual ass I am, I just downgraded to like version 51 something and stopped updating. I'm 90% sure the archived website reporting it somewhere on my harddrive, but can't organize for shit, and I can't find any news online. Il keep looking and If I can't find shit Il call it quits here.

Attached: 1193101385046.jpg (253x253, 13.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/09j03
archive.is/knFbZ
businessinsider.com/mozilla-firefox-testing-updates-consumer-privacy-2018-1?r=US&IR=T
archive.is/PFXKJ
archive.is/9qodi
archive.is/Wd7l5
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
notabug.org/themusicgod1/cloudflare-tor/src/master/what-to-do.md
github.com/intika/Librefox/issues/119
needtoknow.news/2017/08/soros-partners-firefox-ebay-founder-create-censorship-tool/
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html
github.com/intika/Librefox/commit/45a4d3ce647b8c896e81ce3e5ac5ddc95ff045e0#commitcomment-32174421
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCKK, I keep calling anons out on it, but ended up doing the same. Could have made a firefox thread and brought it up, or just looked at catalog. Fuck I'm too lazy, mod delete if you want. Il keep looking but don't need anons to help.

Just... just.... fuck my shit up right up. I don't deserve to post on this board anymore.

use waterfox, you homo

Is waterfox good? How do I set it up?

You're a nigger for doubleposting, but my negro for posting Haruhi.

If you're on Arch, look for it in the AUR. Otherwise, you should use the Linux binary provided on the website, unless other distros have started packaging it.

Its owned by mozilla? Also should I do a standard setup or custom? I'm a casual ass but I care for privacy.

I'm going custom!

It's made by this kid who was 16 back in 2011, and he still manages it. Completely seperate from moziilla. What it is, is that it mirrors firefox in terms of security enhancements and some feature additions, but to my knowledge stuff like geolocation and webrtc is completely gutted.

Lol, changed geolocation on my firefox when I first installed but only changed the webrtc just now when I looked at a video on invidius. Lol, don't even know how webrtc works or if this waterfox thing is legit but il try it out. Weird how it can mirror so much firefox stuff and get away with it. Anyone here ever snoop the code to see if there are any backdoors like in firefox?

I looked up, what I found is the Mozilla Information Trust Initiative (which happened soon before they gloated about how cool their new "curated news system" was, and how it didn't infringe on privacy).

August 2017
Mozilla Joins George Soros’s Efforts In Launching A Strike Against “Fake News”
Mozilla and fact-checker engine join fight on fake news
>The US-based open source group said it was "investing in people, programs and projects" in a new initiative to actively "disrupt misinformation online".
>The group, which is backed by Omidyar and Hungarian-born investor and philanthropist George Soros, said its software is capable of spotting lies in real time, and was used to fact-check a live debate at the House of Commons.
archive.is/09j03
archive.is/knFbZ

January 2018
"Mozilla Firefox is testing updates that customers fear pivot from its focus on consumer privacy"
businessinsider.com/mozilla-firefox-testing-updates-consumer-privacy-2018-1?r=US&IR=T (sorry, can't archive)
archive.is/PFXKJ (Testing Cliqz in Firefox)
archive.is/9qodi (Update on Pocket and Firefox Integration)
>"Pocket recommendations and sponsored stories were implemented in a privacy-centric way. Neither Mozilla nor Pocket receives any of your browser history to make this experience possible"
>"Users get great stories from the web that are relevant to them, without having to trade their privacy in return."

And then, some articles explaining that some telemetry parameters were being removed (which implies they were activated before).

November 2017
Firefox 58: Mozilla will collect only base Telemetry data (release channel)
archive.is/Wd7l5

Does it sound like it, or was it something else entirely?

DUDE YOU ARE A FUCKING ==LEGEND==!!!!!
GODDAMN I Fucking Love Zig Forums Now!
Damn.

Until recently, the userbase for Waterfox is small. I'm very suprised too, since the main reason to use it before was because FF forks were the only way to get x86_64 firefox. Despite that no longer being the case, I've seen a lot more people using waterfox over FF. One thing to caution, waterfox uses the last ESR for FF56.

I've been using firefox 51 for the last year man, not really bothered.

No wait I'm fucking dumb.

What's the problem with the last ESR? Reason being ↑

Reason why I'm asking*

I swear I'm not like this usually.

Well, the current ESR is based on sixty something, and the last one being 56, means that you might run into some problems with websites. Case and point, trying to use some nu-JS sites needed for school dont work well in waterfox, so I have to have a copy of un-googled chromium around.

lol, I was right then, But looking at another thread (The librefox one >>>1012114 )
looks other anons think its better than palemoon, and I tried palemoon once and fucking hated it so they are probably right.

Also thanks a ton for changing this thread from pure disaster to helping me get a better search engine. Its anons like you and the guy who actually linked the thing I was looking for, that make me come back to this site.

Looks like other anons*

I have to be more tired than I thought or something, goddamn.

gnu/icecat is pretty good alternative since firefox started pumping in ads and crap in their browser. but they only have old versions for non free operating systems since they do not want to use proprietary toolchains

You're welcome. Being frank, the web is very bloated today, so as long as the waterfox autist keeps backporting patches, you should be good. I might spare the guy a tip since it's about the only open source project, barring the software on my home server, thats made my life better in a direct fashion.

Fuck yeah, Today was a good day.

Attached: One of the images I snagged from webtoon debug console links before the mods shut it down.jpg (510x510, 124.85K)

Waterfox isn't any better: spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html. Use Palemoon or IceCat.

Might as well just use Firefox:
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html

Palemoon is horrible.
notabug.org/themusicgod1/cloudflare-tor/src/master/what-to-do.md

Ctrl+F and find Palemoon

Use cyberfox

Stop shilling your nigger blog.

Not mine

Fuck you. Online Spyware Watchdog is a total bro.

Man I'm running the most recent firefox and it still very often does not render pages properly. Keeping chromium around to use pozzed websites is just something that has to be done these days.

Isn't it obvious when they killed all the legacy addons?
Firefox is over. It's Soros playground now and journalists and investigators who has dirt on deepstate and discuss online thru emails get pwned (as in kill not owned).
FORCED TELEMETRY AND DE-ANONYMITY IS THE FUTURE
It's over. They got palememe, tor, all.
LITERALLY EVERYTHING IS BOTNET NOW AND YOU CANT STOP IT.
Version 52 = BOTNET
SOROSFOX
SOROSCODE
IT'S OVER TECH,
IT'S OVER. IT'S FUCKING OVER

Attached: hmm.png (959x1592, 1.64M)

nigger, he's doing actual work though it's not that up to date.
he should also mention that icememe is just mozilla debranding to make it compatible with GNU system (being the copyrighted icons => copyleft icememe) and poorly tailored compileflags that at one point had the marketplace and ff pocket and a bunch of telemetry which is my reason to not even use it again. It also had privacy badger by default that at one point whitelisted cookies for jewgle to track me despite my cookies being turned off and it turned it the fuck on and even allowed third parties back in.
waterfox is meme made by a winfag and only could release binaries for winfag without even the source code hosted anywhere for loonix. the old icon was an homage to a drowning stickman. cyberfox was better but just the better shit.
can't even patch a single CVE himself so had to always rely on forking the latest and still in support ESR.
palememe is the only good browser but it's sorosed so it isn't anymore. the dev does Defense-in-Depth and at one point made security update for severe exploit way faster than google/firefoxaurora does.

seriously hope you're using librefox over that in the very least it might wipe your history, settings, and probably bookmarks so use with caution

Dude, you should put more time into making your own fucking search engine then just saying the obvious. Also, still using version 51, lol.

Fucking too good to be true, damn nu-firefox!!!

Never heard of it, is it good?

IceCat? Librefox? Goddamn there are so many.

i have no words to succicently describe how retarded this post is. are you a fucking bot. let me try:
And if for some fucked up reason you actually went to look at it, you'd see something like this:
Also Firefox is not real software, it's basically Discord or an Electron """App""". (Apps aren't real software either, neither are webshit).
Do you need any more deconstruction?

Yeah man, was firefox always an app or was it just the new versions? Also is tor actually anonymous or is it just a meme?

user, that's Debian Iceweasel not GNU Icecat.

Librefox is dead now.

What!? How the fuck did that happen? WHAT!!

github.com/intika/Librefox/issues/119

I don't know but the dev decided to hide.

Can you still download it or did the dev just quit? Also can people still work on it outside of github or is it dead dead?

You can fork it of course. But the dev doesn't appear to care anymore.

would he care if someone else picked the project up? I don't have a github account so it would be nice if someone here who does have one could ask.

ask him [email protected]

Nice, il see if he responds.

web browsers are fucking dead. even with an up to date firecuck or chrome, you still come across sites that do retarded shit like show a "LOADING XD" wheel and nothing happens. at this point you might as well use an old version of palememe or a 10 year old version of firecuck and if you get pwn3d oh well, better than putting up with the latest versions. or use links which will restrict a lot of what you can browse

never found a page I couldn't access with this version.

Where is the source for the soros aquisition and firefox 52 botnet? Outside the links already posted here.

This directly about ths Soros thing: needtoknow.news/2017/08/soros-partners-firefox-ebay-founder-create-censorship-tool/
This about mozilla's BS in general: digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html

Thanks for the links, especially the mozilla bs one. But if they have been doing this for years why would any version before 52 be better? Especially since 52 went out in 2016.

HOLY FUCK, this mozilla stuff is like a damn rabbit hole. You could disable javascript in past versions and do all sorts of shit you can't now. Why the fuck are all search engines like this? Why do people not realise how shit these engines are? WHAt tHE FUCK!!!???

Attached: nevermore.gif (436x579, 1.45M)

They've been getting worse over the years. I think Pale Moon is your best bet these days.

Its been two days, no relies to my email to the address, I can safely say that if he has abandoned it completely, its free real estate for anyone interested in working on it.

Would be nice if someone took it up. We have ungoogled-chromium and FF needs an equivalent.

github.com/intika/Librefox/commit/45a4d3ce647b8c896e81ce3e5ac5ddc95ff045e0#commitcomment-32174421
Someone get on mozilla's ass. It looks like they're doing sneaky shit.

Looking at all the shit mozilla has done over the years, it would be abnormal if they didn't do sneaky shit. As long as the guy doesn't delete everything before someone picks it up, but even then its probably saved on someone's harddrive. So anyone wanting to work on this should be good as long as mozilla doesn't try doxxing and suing them on public platforms.

This article is awful.

Attached: anonexist.jpg (350x333, 35.12K)

You all fucking niggers are normalfaggot as fuck.
Stop using shitty Firefox forks that only change the logo and the theme.
Download vanilla Firefox and nuke every http address from about:config.
Then disable anything with the words "telemetry", "safe" or "experiment" on it, disable automatic updates for the OpenH264 extension and for the browser itself.
Install Ublock Origin and enable all the lists that sound useful.
Then check with Wireshark if the browser is sending any funny packets, if not then you're good to go.
Or just switch to Tor Browser and stop being a fag, because no matter what browser you use, if you're not using Tor, your ISP (and by proxy LE agencies) can see everything you do just the same.
And switch to Loonix or any of the BSDs if you aren't already, because otherwise you're still being spied on no matter what you do.

Trash website written by a moron with no idea what he's talking about

Explain why.

The guy gets political in certain places, and isn't very specific with a lot of stuff. But Its still some solid advice on many popular programs. Still wouldn't mind hearing why from the other user.

GNU IceCat is the only good browser.

shiggy diggy

Standards are applied inconsistently, standards are unclear in the first place, lots of "trust me dude" hidden in between data, and very questionable interpretation of data in some places.

The site is written by many people.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Whatcha sliding MOSHE?

I'm seeing a lot of bot posts spammed around here. Be careful anons

DAILY REMINDER THAT BRENTON TARRANT WAS A MASONIC JEWISH/ZIONIST PSYOPS

I wonder (((why))).

The Semitic influence is strong with this one.

Masons, Masons everywhere...