How the fuck do i make a pirate radio station

Anybody have some infographics on how to make a pirate radio station? planned on making one so i can create a local station that's for my friends mostly, if anyone also knows how to control the range, that info would be also greatly appreciated (i'm looking for a range of around 1-2 miles)

so far i've only come up with one blurry ass one on google images

Attached: radio station setup 1.jpg (600x432, 144.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

transition.fcc.gov/oet/spectrum/table/fcctable.pdf
lainchan.org/res/301.html#q303
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_47_CFR_Part_15#Unlicensed_broadcasting
ccbroadcasters.com/Part15AM.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=XCIJUga8b9Y
archive.fo/wPBjF
archive.fo/t8O9z
archive.fo/zwntL
archive.fo/X62Sq
archive.fo/Gpy9J
archive.fo/zERho
archive.fo/o3ZTJ
archive.fo/ekEIr
archive.fo/gJ7Jq
archive.fo/el4DG
archive.fo/8P2vR
archive.fo/w7YQa
archive.fo/tddUA
archive.fo/Q8Uk1
archive.fo/byz83
archive.fo/ZMzW4
archive.fo/4Ys5i
archive.fo/kHk68
archive.fo/C5znP
archive.fo/jEFZL
amazon.com/dp/B01D44EP4K/
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Software-defined_radio
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Ham_radio
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Software_defined_radio
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Ham_Radio
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get a walkie talkie

Why would you risk being v& by the FCC and face huge fines and criminal charges, and be put on a list, just to play some shitty mumble rap for your friends when you could just host streaming service? Or some various implementation of radio over ip.

i don't know much about FCC rules for the radio waves but I'm pretty sure there are free "public" unregulated spectrum you could use, but I'm pretty sure they aren't close to FM/AM radio, you would have to build receivers as well as a transmitter, and I'm sure there's still rules regarding power output.

transition.fcc.gov/oet/spectrum/table/fcctable.pdf
this seems to be the goto resource. "unregulated" probably doesn't exist, some of these bands are listed under "amateur" regulations which means you probably need some kind of license.

Your friends and are right, you know. Amateur radio is largely self-regulated by hams who will report you to the FCC if you're broadcasting without a license, or on amateur bands you're not supposed to access, etc. If you're talking about a broadcast on a commercial AM or FM frequency that your pals can pick up with an off-the-shelf AM/FM radio, you're just asking to get your shit pushed in. The FCC regulates that directly themselves, and they don't have a sense of humor about it. Pirate radio (and TV) stations had to come up with all kinds of shit to evade the feds, like infrequent broadcasts from different locations, and even mobile stations (e.g. broadcasting from a moving vehicle). Lots of them got busted anyway.

But, if you're determined to ruin your life:
1. I doubt you're going to find much in the way of infographics on making AM/FM radio transmitters. Pirate radio was a 1980s/early 1990s and earlier thing. Since internet access became widely available, nobody gives a shit about running a pirate radio station anymore. Except you, I guess. You might find stuff in old electronics magazines or books.
2. It's my understanding that a number of engineering details determine the range of your broadcast. One is wattage. Lower wattage=shorter range.

Shut the fuck up law statist ethics nigger, this is about pirate radio stations that's the fucking point

Fuck, I saw a pdf for pirate radio somewhere

aha, here you go user.

lainchan.org/res/301.html#q303

There are exceptions for neighborhood stations. IIRC, those are only allowed enough signal to go 1/2 mile or something like that, but they are totally legal for unlicensed operation.

Get a $10 FM 'in-car' transmitter and put a decent/matched/tuned antenna on it.

FCC "Part 15" low-power transmitters -- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_47_CFR_Part_15#Unlicensed_broadcasting .. 100mW AM.

Praise the Jebus: ccbroadcasters.com/Part15AM.htm

The reason ham radio guys whine about it is because it's ruining their hobby since always. Since you've got no prior experience, chances are high that your hammered together radio will not only cause trouble in the band you intend to.

No. You can't do that. You'll need ham license and buy the certain freq in Land of Free and get listed and aproved in the FCC watchlist.
You should instead get some FCC title 47 cfr part 15 -approved wifi device and a very high elevation.
Wifi is mostly legal unless you're going above the regulated dBm (which also ham radio anons suffer keep in mind).
Get your wifi station listed in the FCC because they'd still handcuff the goyim for being a potential terrorist (non-normie). You'll also have to hand them over your encryption passphrase (wifi password: trustno1) but that will change in 2020 because encryption will be illegal and they're killing cryptographers left and right. Every device you own will have TSA-tier approval and if you got encryption they'll handcuff you and put you in the goyim concentration camp.

Change country. Or maybe get an island yourself where you can do all of that without restriction and even go full AnCap and fire icbm over fccia

the state of this board
smh

He's not being a rulescuck. He's straight up just telling you you will get your shit pushed in. It's not fearmongering, it's fact. If you want any sort of longevity in pirate radio you have to transmit from another country that doesn't give a shit or international waters. If you operate your station in the US you will be caught very quickly, they will prosecute you, and you will face heavy penalties. Finding the source of a radio signal is something an 8 year old with a $10 AM/FM portable can do let alone the Feds.

There is unlicensed spectrum 2.4Ghz, 5.0Ghz, I think 900Hz too. But there are incredibly small power limits on these kinds of devices.

I think you can broadcast at like 30 dbi on Wireless. Thats almost 1 W of power, and it falls of like ~1/r^2 . Your not going to have much of a distance on that radio station.

its not rulecuck, boomers have nothing better to do then put the "skills" they have aquired to chasing down amatuer stations and reporting to the FCC. Fines are up to $25k.

Your begging to get fucked if you build a pirate radio station and operate statically from a location you own. If you move around your harder to catch, but boomers have infinite time, and your giving them something fun to do. If you drop equipment somewhere, you lose your pirate radio when its found.

Former pirate radio broadcaster here, fcc doesn't give a shit unless someone whines to them. If they do show up it will be a warning at first. You need a highly directional antenna and a good vantage point to bounce the signal off a mountain or skyscraper. Ebay 20-50W transmitters are cheap and practical. Learn how signals travel and make it hard to find the real source by switching things up once in a while. With enough time any transmitter can be tracked down so switching your reflections up is important.
If you just want to broadcast something there is a guy in maine selling shortwave airtime for next to nothing. hxxp://www.wbcq.com/ You can broadcast your shit across the world for 20$ an hour.

Do television instead. Pretty easy to set up and probably has less narcs.
youtube.com/watch?v=XCIJUga8b9Y

What everyone is forgetting to mention is the reason the FCC, and the homosexuals ass mongers, have a hard on for pirate radio. Radio is the one thing that isn't collected automatically on certain bands/frequencies hence why on the internet it is shilled against so much. If you know what you are doing you can transmit data without it being stored in a NSA data vault till eternity or hell freezes over. Here's some guides to get your started but really consider what you are doing and is it worth transmitting the message without any full auto collection. The TLDR is understand radio theory and how to track yourself as to avoid tracking.
archive.fo/wPBjF - 433.92 MHz short range radio beacon that may be handy for locating downed R/C planes, lost ballons, model rockets - or perhaps hidden transmitter
archive.fo/t8O9z - scanner
archive.fo/zwntL - more scanners
archive.fo/X62Sq - how scanners work FAQ 1
archive.fo/Gpy9J - how scanners work FAQ 2
archive.fo/zERho - how trackers work part 1
archive.fo/o3ZTJ - how trackers work part 2
archive.fo/ekEIr - how trackers work part 3
archive.fo/gJ7Jq - make your own equipment
archive.fo/el4DG - make your own equipment: transverter
archive.fo/8P2vR - make your own equipment: amp
archive.fo/w7YQa - make your own equipment: filter
archive.fo/tddUA - make your own equipment: high quality dipole/attenna
archive.fo/Q8Uk1 - how amplifiers work
archive.fo/byz83 - pirate station FAQ 1
archive.fo/ZMzW4 - pirate station FAQ 2
archive.fo/4Ys5i - how to detect people trying to scan YOU
archive.fo/kHk68 - how radar detectors/jammers work FAQ
archive.fo/C5znP - the-art-of-telemetry-wildlife-monitoring, also known as how wildlife are turned into fucking botnet
>>>/hamradio/358
>>>/hamradio/270
>>>/hamradio/805
Now don't forget to bounce your radio waves off random shit to get it the fuck away from you and of course make all your own equipment so you don't get on a watchlist or some shit. Don't ask you local homosexual ass mongers for any help as they will rat you out to the commies/kikes out of boredom. Get creative you don't have to transmit audio you could transmit GSM signals so that phones get your message and here whatever the fuck it is you considered so important to go through all this effort to broadcast it. Or transmit data so that computer's VGA/HDMI ports pick up the signal and display whatever the fuck it is. OP you are a faggot but stuff like this is a neccessary art to avoid the botnet and censorship in the future or even now depending on the data being transmitted and why.

Attached: 95980cd1999ef36c62f25e6c9ddbbba9c9409c595c5708b6e78c7783f44705d1.png (1048x1500, 174.2K)

Attached: 6314133dee2ebe44bb05d932deb0fa073e207d321d138123b7c3dd4e628780e7.png (1048x1500, 175.55K)

Attached: f2b06b1d75edccc10a3c9deb4a2945f3223e6016c654e24ebef3ca6f8fbf6ebc.png (864x1200, 516.51K)

Attached: d6c1bbfb4b8f69b421f525ca23b1a92b038013d2b0d08fe057351a0b635126e7.png (864x682, 385.44K)

Attached: 8b08048bc2cb56977f6e164a238557d17bb95b86fff7b49adede9194dce291c3.jpg (560x289, 79.43K)

Attached: 52ac6c2b067e6438c55119dce1d47cfd7bf62414733a52f6e83a3293feeb2b05.png (6000x4000, 296.97K)

Attached: ed68fcbf3e1a472d35d4b407072d8e540fe2c28e2d9e01fdce2fcd35dc5439b9.png (1048x1500, 200.57K)

Attached: ff52fee4dafd384f12215e8ec40627b433c2079bff9df0e8086369cfd79f8fd2.png (1048x1500, 103.39K)

Don't forget you aren't limited to shit you make yourself or expensive HAM setups. There's software defined radios that work using fucking USB-VGA adaptors that are FOSS. There's all the fully FOSS wifi chips that are also SDR by definition. There's your fucking DVI/HDMI ports/adaptors that can be used. There's FOSS bluetooth chips that can be used. Get creative and be afraid, if it can transmit then it can recieve, which means it can be botnet.

Not all SDR radios are equipped equally. Those that can tend to be as expensive as a regular radio.

That's why I recommended FOSS solutions you faggot. If you use propietary SDR you get the ass fucking you deserve. A radio is simply a I/O of baud symbols for data. Unless you start adding energy sumps/pumps energy can go in, and it can go out. With a SDR without propietary firmware you can broadcast on whatever frequency the hardware supports if you actually control the SDR. For a extreme example see the DVI specification range. Humouring the effort of building a attenna and a amp for it along with writing the software to actually use it, DVI can operate on a range of 25.175MHz to 330MHz archive.fo/jEFZL in theory as an output or input which costs nothing if its on your computer or less then 10$ USD for a adaptor with it integrated. Which is useful as you can find surplus parts and attach it to a computer for next to nothing and it doesn't look out of place. Compare that to a SDR that operates in a similar range costing 20$ USD and being put on a watchlist along with having to ditch the hardware after pirating radio too long and buying a new one every time which gets complicated fast.

TLDR; don't use proprietary software.

Just get a chinkshit FM transmitter and build a decent antenna for it. Something high up with some gain would cover a large area.
Here is an example
amazon.com/dp/B01D44EP4K/
You can get them much cheaper directly from China.

Attached: 61fvkrENa7L._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 89.14K)

If you are trying to be discreet like OP and transmit closeby so that only friends/trusted parties can hear you wouldn't it be better to use ULF? Unless he needs large amounts of baud rate for something why not just make it below the noise floor to avoid snoops for such a short distance?

Attached: 298110.jpg (520x320, 29.87K)

I think you can do it with a raspberry pi but you need a wire Also make sure you can't transmit any further than a 100 feet or the FCC will be so far up your ass you'll have to burp before you can fart

I also recommend you get your broadcasting license

have fun going to jail and getting butt fucked by Tyrone. You can buy all this shit online just ship it from China. Get a really tall antenna and get a transmitter that is pretty beefy and you will transmit far. you dont need infographics but id recommend trying some butt plugs and dildos to get your splinter ready.

Right on, so completely reverse engineering a SDR dongle to theoretically { read as maybe } operate and transceive data on broader spectrums.

I do not see much material out there on modifying SDR hardware at that level. From my experience, I can imagine it'll take some reverse engineering over serial or finding the board specific solder pads to directly modify the firmware. It is nothing small or easy.

Now using DVI, that is an idea... I wonder what that interface would look like... and whether more complicated functions(I.e. decryption/packet analysis; using the capabilities of a GPU and something like hashcat).

bump over the spam.

They had a large barge with a radio antenna that they would repeatedly charge and discharge

wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Ham_radio

wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Software_defined_radio

Sorry.
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Ham_Radio

We've been over this before.

So what are you guys planning to transmit? Is there some actual benefit to it being pirate radio, or it's just for fun? I had an idea for a radio station recently but realized it would be easier to just put podcasts on the internet.

Interesting. I heard the rulecuck hammers meme so many times, but always sort of suspected that it's overblown. Maybe it's just certain areas that have these rulecucks?

Anyway, you wanna tell us more? What were you transmitting? What sort of schedule? Why'd you stop?

You realize that 30 dbi on 2.4ghz has a range of like 100 feet right.

If you want to create an unlicensed radio station just get a boat and cruise out to international waters and broadcast. Nothing anyone can do.

Bump

Wikihow: How to kill everyone with pacemakers
Enjoy your low oxygen cells and inevitable cancer.

QR code

Now that's a life worth living.

How is the fed going to bother you in international waters?

Attached: 1449709665970.gif (500x419, 239.01K)

Better than dying in your mom's basement surrounded by piss jugs, fap socks, and empty wrappers of high-carb convenience "foods."

Kek. If you think you can make or run a pirate station by looking at a few infographics, you're too dumb to do it.
But basically you need something to generate and modulate the RF signal, and an amplifier. The first one can easily be done with an SDR transmitter. The second one is gonna be harder, you'd probably need a license to buy a broadcast FM amplifier but maybe you can get one used or re-purpose a ham radio amplifier for the 2 meter band. Unless you live in Somalia the government is gonna be on your ass within a month (and that's just the time it takes for somebody to fill a complaint, to trace the signal takes only half an hour), and they're going to confiscate your whole setup sooner or later.
It depends on the power and the efficiency of the antenna, mostly trial and error. If you're talking about FM I think you would do OK with around 5 to 20 watts.

Kek. If you think you can make or run a pirate station by looking at a few infographics, you're too dumb to do it.
But basically you need something to generate and modulate the RF signal, and an amplifier. The first one can easily be done with an SDR transmitter. The second one is gonna be harder, you'd probably need a license to buy a broadcast FM amplifier but maybe you can get one used or re-purpose a ham radio amplifier for the 2 meter band. Unless you live in Somalia the government is gonna be on your ass within a month (and that's just the time it takes for somebody to fill a complaint, to trace the signal takes only half an hour), and they're going to confiscate your whole setup sooner or later.
It depends on the power and the efficiency of the antenna, mostly trial and error. If you're talking about FM I think you would do OK with around 5 to 20 watts.

He said watts, not kilowatts, retard.

What? Are you OK dude?

Huh?
In any case, sci-hub already works perfectly well, why would he spend money on something that already works fine?

You're not gonna get anywhere broadcasting FM, WiFi, or any VHF/UHF stuff on international waters. Only short wave and maaaybe AM.

You don't need to modify or reverse engineer anything, the SDRs already work fine and expose all capabilities that the hardware has.
If you want a broader spectrum you'll have to buy more expensive hardware. You can only get so much performance out of any given ADC.

ULF requires having football-field sized antennas. For ultra low rate comms there's QRSS, but it's pretty much useless in the real world. You gotta accept unless you're using some exotic mode like satellites or EME, your signals are going to be detectable by others. There might be some way to do ultra spread spectrum transmissions that can't be easily seen on a waterfall display, but I've never seen it or even heard about it, not even by the military.
And at that point, it becomes pretty useless on a realistic level. How much R&D is going to take to make a modulation scheme, wide band amplifier and antennas, software that works reliably and can be used by anyone, etc? Besides, even something that can't be easily detected (at the receiving end) is going to stick out like a sore thumb on a waterfall display when your opponent gets close enough, say, within a few 100 meters.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Your post is so full of inaccuracies I won't even go point by point. A proprietary SDR is somehow going to alert the government that you're using it? Yeah, right. What "open source" SDR do you propose? All of them are built on proprietary ADC and FPGA/ASIC hardware.
Your VGA idea would work if it wasn't for the fact that you would still need an amplifier to transmit more than 10 meters away (I've tried it myself), and almost all video cards block the pixel signal output during HSYNC and VSYNC, which results in a botched signal if you're trying to use it to transmit arbitrary signals. There's only one USB dongle that allows you to not do that, but it's running an absolutely proprietary SoC with proprietary firmware in it, so yeah, too much fuck this and fuck that but it seems like you should go and read a book before spouting your bullshit.
Why the fuck would you throw away your hardware? Is that just part of being a paranoid schizo retard?

Oh yeah? And what chip is that?
No it's not.

cringe

Holy shit cringe. I don't disagree with the essence of the message (except some of the stuff you mentioned doesn't work) but try to speak like a normal human being and stop sticking out like such a sperg in all the threads you show up to.

How to oust yourself as a roleplayer: the post

How the fuck am I the larper?
If you mean you didn't understand by "AM" I obviously meant the broadcast AM band (aka medium wave) then you're either retarded or heavily ignorant.

nice

k

Fixed the jpg, OP. You can now read it.

Attached: Legible.png (1200x864, 667.05K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Bump over the spam

tembump

Ur a faggot.

Schizophrenia is one hell of a drug.

Shut up chaim.

Yeah, fuck off boomer. Nobody cares.

Whatcha sliding MOSHE?

Whatcha sliding Chaim?

This is a good thing.