BREAKING NEWS: Vulnerability in golang.org/x/crypto/salsa20

BREAKING NEWS: Vulnerability in golang.org/x/crypto/salsa20
>Commit b7391e95 (go.googlesource.com/crypto/ /b7391e95e576cacdcdd422573063bc057239113d) fixes a vulnerability in the amd64 implementation of the golang.org/x/crypto/salsa20 and golang.org/x/crypto/salsa20/salsa packages that affects large message sizes or high counter values.
>The vulnerable code is derived from the amd64-xmm5 and amd64-xmm6 implementations that are distributed with SUPERCOP, NaCl and at cr.yp.to/snuffle.html. The issue is present in those upstreams, but is not considered a problem by their author because of the policy at nacl.cr.yp.to/valid.html, and because support for counters larger than 32 bits is an incomplete experiment. We attach a patch that applies to the amd64-xmm5 and amd64-xmm6 salsa20.s files for any downstream that might want to fix this issue.
groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/golang-announce/tjyNcJxb2vQ/n0NRBziSCAAJ

Daniel J. Bernstein responds
twitter.com/hashbreaker/status/1108637226089496577

tl;dr Gophers copy Salsa20 code from SUPERCOP, ignore warning that shit breaks after 256GiB

Attached: gopher BIG BRAIN.png (300x441, 39.87K)

Imagine having to recompile your software because you found a vulnerability in a dependency

This post made by dynamic linking gang

Imagine having shit performance because you split up your program into multiple parts that get linked together at runtime. LISP machines don't have this problem thanks to the power of JIT

This post made by static linking gang

Imagine using normalfag memes on Zig Forums

Attached: 1468865100000.gif (250x250, 36.55K)

IMAGINE MY SHOCK!

Attached: shock.jpg (320x292, 17.03K)

Imagine all your software breaking because of a regression in a dependency.
Your next line will be "no that doesn't count because regressions don't exist in my head"

LOL

haha, stupid
gobergamers
gamergobers
gogaters

LMAOOOO XDDDDDDDD
based TBQH

I don't agree about that kind of outcome being likely in actual practice. "no that doesn't count because regressions don't exist in my head"

sounds like something that would never happen in normal use

>(((Bernstein)))
Go is just so cucked.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

This is a good thing.

Shut up chaim.

Holy fuck what is going on in this thread

This is a slide thread. SAGE AND REPORT