P2p domain name system sorta

I came across this intresting project on gitcrap and figured you guys would be interesting in tinkering around with this a little its a like having a p2p dns server sort of github.com/mwarning/KadNode

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/okTurtles/dnschain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh shit hopefully i didn't fucking flood the board with this because i posted it a few times and it didn't pop up fuck not again

Attached: IMG_20190326_123501.jpg (1803x1335, 205.84K)

Self bump

Doesn't zeronet do something similar?

Well I think zeronet relies on name coin i think Which that project is pretty much dead

However from my knowledge zeronet itself is definitely not dead

Side thought, only kinda related. Wouldn't it be kinda cool to have, for things like Tor onion sites an address book forwards a readable domains to the long onion address? You could have sites that compile their own onion addresses and what they are rewritten as and sites could even offer an entry so you can find them by the readable domain next time when you first open them up.

Plus this is just a stand alone p2p dns i think It's meant for Like say if I have pc Running a centralized Web server With KadNode installed on It It I have with just KadNode on it i will be able to connect to it by typing 422322.p2p For an example

That would be pretty cool

It wouldn't be that hard to write an extension to do that, but I think it might make the users more finger printable and it would also be hard to get onion sites to adopt it.

i2p offers that but it's a security risk because you have to trust the dns server unless you use proof of work like namecoin.
onion addresses are based on the web site's public key so you can't fake them without brute force.

just bookmark the url or learn it by heart.

dammit i cant compile the fucker i even trying using cygwin but no dice

what? just dual boot into linux. kubuntu or whatever if you're new, or lubuntu if your computer sucks.

Because the dam and installer doesn't recognize my hard drive yet I can still mount it It's literally a piece of shit lenovo I can't fucken do anything with

run a vm or put linux on a flash drive.
or put *buntu iso on flash and supergrubdisc on disc and boot the iso via grub menu.

Yeah I guess I'll go and install zat again or install tails on a usb sick

But once I do get this work and get a full understanding of how this project works I'm planning on making a local mesh network using this project Running on top of CJDNS And I am going to create document explaining on how to connect to the network Which will include the following

sounds like insecure bullshit. but why would i have assumed anything else when someone calls their system "DNS"

It's called a petname system. The proper way to do it would be for the web browser to display .onion domains with the name you chose. But this will never be implemented in today's bloated browser without 500 vulns over the next 10 years.

it would suck. they would probably make it centralized like its on i2p so they can censor things they dont like.

Yeah, but if anybody can make a "petname" list then as soon as someone censors one someone else will make a new list you can download with the links that the other list censored.

github.com/okTurtles/dnschain
No update for 2 years tho

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

This is a good thing.

I wonder (((why))).

Europeons need to burn in a tar-pit. Disgusting

Whatcha saying schlomo?

I love Donald Trump! Heil Israel MIGA 2020!!!

Oof, the racism in this thread!

Reminder that paid jewish zionist shills are posting in this thread.