Browser anonymity thread

bestfirms.com/what-is-my-screen-resolution/

ipleak.net/ (js mode)
ifconfig.me/

What add-ons/extensions does user use to enhance anonymity and protection against trackers/fingerprinting?
They can literally track your screen resolution, realtime clock, and user agent even if you spoofed them.
All they will ever need to know is your DNS, realtime clock on packet requests, and screen resolution to track you (IP is sometimes shared through NAT so it's not that reliable unless they look side-by-side with the logs).
In case you stopped being bareip they will only need to track your canvas and other bloat 'renderer' fingerprints or make use of clever unpatched bugs or intentionally merged exploits tend to be used for the likes of user.
In case you blocked JS/cookies and the rest of the baddies, they'll just resort to tracking you by DNS/IP/webrtc(chrome niggers) and header/packet infos/date&time that you probably won't even bother changing.
In case you put VPN atop everything they will just read your logs tonight like what (((they))) do everyday you can ask someone in the back-lines, what's the point even if you're not readjusting your system's clock according to your new IP? Pretty much looking like captain obvious.
Keep in mind they're still liable to share data to LEA unrestricted though VPNs always aer marketed as 'will never share to third parties' and through wordplay they'll just give them to firstparties like when the same VPN company is Amazon-owned so it's first party - like most of the internet right now lol, they even give it to ISPs and guess whom are the ISPs right now...
So you finally learned how make your own VPN or tunnel everything to your remote rogue circuits. Good. But sooner or later you'll find out your network, browser, or OS was parallel-phoning to something else because they've cracked your encryption or your browser/connection was rigged (or nigged like the most).

Phones are even worse, there's literally no good browser right now aside from Klar but it still lacks other anonymizers against fingerprint (it's just 'privacy' crap that cleans your history and cookies only but still decent enough).

Are you that stupid? Though, I already know the answer.

Attached: zzzz.jpg (1012x729, 116.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

restoreprivacy.com/5-eyes-9-eyes-14-eyes/
restoreprivacy.com/vpn-logs-lies/
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
invidio.us/watch?v=lLessJ4R6w8
invidio.us/watch?v=cyCLMp2rR0c
torproject.org
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/blob/master/user.js
panopticlick.eff.org/
helpnetsecurity.com/2015/06/26/researcher-tests-tor-exit-nodes-finds-not-all-operators-can-be-trusted/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uBlock Origin in advanced mode, disabled js by default, disabled 3rd party scripts and frames by default. you really don't need anything else on your normie compartment browser other than maybe httpsEverywhere and uMatrix. on your private browser uBO + HTTPSEverywhere.
You can't get this without javascript.
privacy.resistFingerprinting = true -> fixes both issues on Firefox and is enabled on Tor by default. You just have to keep your window size at 1000x700 (like Tor) or 1366x768 since it's the most common resolution aside from 1080p.
Also fixed with the above config or one of the other configs from privacytools.io.
media.peerconnection.enabled = false
Pointless. Just keep it at GMT/0 like it is when you enable fingerprint protection.
Never use them, they're a scam. The less than 5 providers that may not be a scam are still not worth using since a VPN does absolutely nothing for privacy.

Are you retarded?
Also reminder to put your most frequently used sites into your host file.

uhhm user what?
Im open to hear more on this if you dont mind. This is not an attack on what you know. But rather curiosity.

Ive been using Protonvpn-free. It has 5 servers and they work on my ethernet connection, no leaks. How ever I dont trust it for anything that would be totally absolutely illegal, but for browsing forums, i use it.

isn't 1920x1080 more common resolution?

Not that user but VPN truly does nothing for privacy. In the end you will still be giving your browser traffic data to a third party.

not that user either but there is really no reason to use a vpn and a lot of reasons not to.

Any alternatives for covery up trails? I'm using tor and I use icecat, but thats pretty much all I know.

Please enlighten me.

Is there current pasta from this year on a good base level, secure, FF about:config?
Thanks,
-user

You're just mitigating your browsing history from your ISP to your VPN provider and their ISP. Though their ISP is usually unable to figure out what sites you yourself visited unless the VPN keeps logs or lets a 3rd party keep logs. In the end, what the hell did you achieve by all this? Browsing forums or doing anything that isn't illegal in your country doesn't need a VPN.
Anything hosted in 14 eye countries or countries cooperating with 14 eyes is a scam by default. ProtonVPN is among those countries, so you yourself are fucked already. And you should never trust a free proprietary service with your data.
Your actual privacy still depends on your browser being configured in a way that it's not fingerprintable, so you must use Firefox or something based on it, using a properly configured user.js, along with uBO and blocking js by default. You should also block the domains of Google, Facebook, Cloudflare and Microsoft.

VPNs are a scam because they promise a lot, but actually deliver very, VERY little. Anything they shill they can do you can achieve for free using Tor (or Tribler for torrents) and remain actually anonymous unless you fuck up.

restoreprivacy.com/5-eyes-9-eyes-14-eyes/
restoreprivacy.com/vpn-logs-lies/

If you have a 1200p+ screen then sure.
The way resolution spoofing works is by telling the website that your browser window size = your resolution. Anyone with a 1080p or lower resolution is forced to use 768p or 700p if they want to spoof the resolution. Tor uses the 1000x700 resolution because it's small enough to fit your desktop space on a large majority of screens no matter where your panel/task bar is. If you're not using Tor then you might as well spoof a 768p or 1080p resolution, whichever you can fit onto your display.
The thing is your browser window size is always readable, no matter if you spoof your resolution or not. This means that if you maximize your window the websites will be able to tell how big your panel/task bar or title bar are. If they cared enough they could use this to figure out which desktop environment you have (if you're on Linux) or which version of windows you have (if you're on windows). People who modify their UI by moving or resizing the panel or title bar are then far easier to fingerprint. Even having the menu bar open reduces your inner window size.

user.js on github or this spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
Also see this: invidio.us/watch?v=lLessJ4R6w8
You should compartmentalize. He recommends Brave along with Firefox, but you can have 2 separate Firefox instances "installed". Download Firefox from their website and extract the archive into two locations and use each instance separately. Or just use Tor for everything where you aren't actively revealing your identity, and Firefox for everything else.

Is it safe to install Flash in a separate Firefox profile? There is one website I must use that requires flash. Are there risks when a Flash program is not running?

Thanks user. I needed something in addition to Tor so I'm not running naked in the clearnet streets.

No, it's not. Flash player makes your OS vulnerable, not just the browser. invidio.us/watch?v=cyCLMp2rR0c
If it's not running then it's """safe""", but an exploit can be used to silently trigger flash and make you fully vulnerable. You can literally gain full control over an OS using flash player. Don't ever put it on your system, except *maybe* in a VM.

OP is a confirmed LEA nigger
he markets all this meme-shit that doesn't help in privacy, while ignoring Tor Browser and Tor

you don't, nigger. you install Tor Browser which already has that protection

they cannot if you use Tor Browser on Safest setting (disabled javascript)

premium proxies are honeypot and don't protect from anything
you are nigger who sells premium proxies and you want use to buy them from you

also, if they are premium that means you have to pay for them and give them payment info (credit card etc)

they cannot use canvas if you use Tor Browser

DNS tracking doesn't work with Tor Browser, because DNS requests are made on Tor exit node, not locally
webrtc is disabled in Tor Browser

that's not good, that's fucking stupid. you will be the only person using your VPN. and how do you want to pay for VPS without leaking who you are?

reported

Arthur Edelstein
Tor Project
torproject.org

Tor Browser contains those

you can do that and a lot more with Tor Browser
Tor Browser will use different IP for every website you visit. VPN will give you same IP for all websites that you opened

github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/blob/master/user.js

I asked for a base FF config because you shouldn't use Tor for everything you do online. If you do, you're an idiot.

ah, that makes sense. how about fullscreen mode? doesn't that set your resolution to 1920x1080 and resizes only when you access default sized top bar?

Yeah, but it's not worth being in full screen when you can't access the url bar without revealing you're faking the resolution. The size of your top bar might be different depending on the OS, your browser's layout if you customised it and your desktop environment/system theme.

Someone give me an absolute answer on the FF SWJ meme. Is it compromised, as the devs are total libcucks (or so I hear). Given that FF IS run by SJWs, what should and shouldn't one use FF for, if anything at all? Perhaps forks of FF?

Trying to find more browsers to compartmentalize my browsing. Ex: use browser A for searching A content, using B browser for searching B content, C browser for strictly only downloads, D browser only for signing in on accounts, etc.

In FF's context, being that it is highly customizable with adons and aboutconfig's settings, it can block tracking from (((corporate entities))) I would think then that FF would be good for hiding non political activity / purchases where entities seek to create a unique fingerprint on you.

Any Anons use browsers in this fashion, that is compartmentalize their activity between them? Is it a useful way to use browsers?

brave has device recognition blocking built in, and also tor. there's no reason to use tor browser in current year.

Firefox isn't compromised. The default settings are somewhat spyware-like. Tor fixes this. IceCat fixes this. Librefox and user.js fix this. You can change the about config settings yourself.
Yes, but only if you use it correctly. In your case, A and B content searches could be 2 different Tor browsers, your C could be Firefox or Tor browser with lowest security setting, your D could be Firefox or Brave.

Are you fucking retarded or just shitposting? Brave's Tor tabs are useless and completely miss the point since the browser has no anti-fingerprinting (that works). You're uniquely identified and with the lack of addons in the Tor profile you can't do shit to protect yourself. The Tor profile is just a glorified proxy.

You have no clue what you're talking about.
Confirmed 20 IQ.

What's more concerning than ot being SJW'd is it being Soros'd

you should use it for everything. if you don't, you are idiot

do not use firefox, use Tor Browser

Tor Browser is not only about Tor network but it has many features against fingerprinting. using Brave with Tor is very stupid
check your stupid Brave here panopticlick.eff.org/ then compare Tor Browser's result

paranoid tinfoil hermits. smh.

like usual Zig Forums repeats security mantras without even understanding them.

it's perfectly fine to use tor with your customized browser if your goal is just to anonymize your IP in order that some random dickweed mod off some stupid forum doesn't get it. Fingerprinting doesn't matter for shit in this case. It's also fine for visiting most non-illegal or technically-illegal-but-nobody-really-gives-a-shit (like piracy) .onion addresses. People go to such places without any anonymizing and nothing happens.

Also while it's true that your fingerprint could single you out when accessing various sites that use cloud services, in reality that doesn't really matter either if that fingerprint can't be connected to an identity. They might at best know it's the same dude but will still not know who that dude is. Of course, you shouldn't access sites via Tor with accounts that can be linked to your real identity then and should follow basic opsec rules.

Also, literally nobody cares about you shitposting on 8ch how Hitler did nothing wrong either. Fucking tinfoil basement dwellers indeed.

This.
Also Tor devs themselves recommend some addons in their FAQ and documentation.

RequestPolicy is fucking great for privacy and also keeps you safe. RefControl is neat too, so you don't leak which website you're coming from when clicking a link.

Did they finally make webextensions version of those add-ons? I used to used them before quantum, but couldn't find replacements for awhile

idk, i stopped updating for various reasons, i just occasionally update the tor binary :-/

I'm sure someone updated or recreated them by now. But fuck web browsers.

It defeats the fucking purpose, you idiots. The whole point is to have many indistinguishable and identical browsers. If everyone just used Brave or whatever the fuck browser then they're putting people who need anonymity at risk by reducing the number of non-unique browsers on the network. Maybe it's true that most Tor users aren't doing anything highly illegal either globally or in their country, but that doesn't mean that those people should just use Brave.
The strength of Tor is in numbers. If you suddenly only have 50 people who use anti-fingerprinting while 50000 don't then it's easy to find the 50 users.

Beat that plebs

Moron, if you connect to facebook.com on every fucking website you visit because none of your addons blocks connections to other domains then they can track you way easier.

WHICH IS WHY TOR DEVS AND COMMUNITY RECOMMEND CERTAIN PRIVACY-ENHANCING ADDONS.

Obviously if you enable javascript then those can be used to fingerprint you, but if you enable js you have other problems.

Fuck off back to Zig Forums

Yup, you're a dumbass. I cant wait for you to get Honeypot'd by some dirty exit node . Learn to read up on things instead of blindly following them: helpnetsecurity.com/2015/06/26/researcher-tests-tor-exit-nodes-finds-not-all-operators-can-be-trusted/

Again old news, idk why it was rehashed in 2015.
Again you forgot that tor takes precautions, in this case by using several hops instead of directly connecting to the exit node.
Unlike proxies, vpn and clearnet.

And again you forgot to post a safer alternative.
Are you shitposting here because KC is geoblocking gerfags today? Use Tor.

Fuckin' zoomers these days. The technology didn't change ya dindu.

dont use it as proxy then

imagine not having your clock set to UTC

What are you talking about and who doesn't understand that tor doesn't magically keep your data encrypted until it reaches the clearnet destination?

Read the previous posts you lazy cunt

Are you retarded?
Nowhere in this entire thread does anyone, excluding you (OP), fail to understand the basic concept of tor.

You again forgot to post the uber-safe alternative to tor that you are using, glownigger.

I dont think you understand how this works.

Buzzwords work because they are nebulous by definition. That's the reason why you can apply it to anything. If you don't like the ideas of a particular post, then you're a cuck soyboy glownigger kike shill.

That's how you win arguments around here. Just call someone a cuck, commie, Zig Forums, shill, kike, fbi, nigger, racemixer, neet, jew lover, jidf, faggot etc. Whoever get's accused of being a boogyman first loses, you kike

I get my internet shut off by my ISP the second I try torrenting something copyrighted without a VPN and obviously torrenting through TOR is a retarded idea. What would you propose?

At home, you should install VPN on your router not your PC. You'll get better performance, no DNS leaks, and fewer glitches.

No.
Yes but no.
Tell your family.

Tell your family.
They will understand.
Everyone can get tricked into doing horrible things, even becoming a shill.
Ask them for help, support and protection and they will get you out of this shit.

Same advice to all other glowniggers shitposting their anti-tor-bs.

Also, speaking as someone who has been absent for some time... The glownigger meme is one of the few really good ones that popped up in recent years.
Check out the ED article about those guys, it's pure win.

Tor to find magnet links or torrent files, Tribler to torrent.

Gtfo here Zig Forums

stfu nigger. >>>/4cuck/g

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

A lot of these posts seem to be automated!

Indeed.

I love Black women. They are so dominant and masculine!

I smell rats.