More normie tech spying

cnbc.com/2019/03/29/tesla-model-3-keeps-data-like-crash-videos-location-phone-contacts.html
archive.is/jGosN
Elon fags will defend this.
Librecar when?

Attached: EatingYourData.jpeg (530x298, 18.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instructables.com/id/Hack-your-vehicle-CAN-BUS-with-Arduino-and-Seeed-C/
archive.org/details/ProjectMars
wlym.com/archive/oakland/docs/MarsProject.pdf
quora.com/Is-the-name-Elon-for-the-leader-of-human-colonists-in-Wernher-Von-Brauns-Project-Mars-book-just-coincidental
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg
youtube.com/watch?v=F8JCh0owT4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much control and information do owners have of this? If they can just wipe it before getting rid of the car, then is no different than giving a broken computer away without wiping the disk.

B- but it just works™

On "some" level, I can understand with people intentionally crashing the car to say it's unsafe.
But for personal contact that might be much.

Most cars made after 2007 have a blackbox of sorts. It records all the CANBUS network activity for the last x hours.

instructables.com/id/Hack-your-vehicle-CAN-BUS-with-Arduino-and-Seeed-C/

Just a random excerpt from "Project Mars: A Technical Tale" by Wernher von Braun (Operation Paperclip / NASA)
universal suffrage for five years and entitled "Elon." Two houses of Parliament enacted the laws to be administered by the Elon and his cabinet.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (576x382, 76.72K)

(Again with another tid-bit)

Just a random excerpt from "Project Mars: A Technical Tale" (published 2006) by Wernher von Braun (Operation Paperclip / NASA)
>The Martian government was directed by ten men, the leader of whom was elected by universal suffrage for five years and entitled "Elon." Two houses of Parliament enacted the laws to be administered by the Elon and his cabinet.
wlym.com/archive/oakland/docs/MarsProject.pdf

quora.com/Is-the-name-Elon-for-the-leader-of-human-colonists-in-Wernher-Von-Brauns-Project-Mars-book-just-coincidental

Teslas have cell modems and transmit telemetry constantly. When they were new on the market they were easily hacked but security has improved. I don't want a botnet car though so I drive an old Toyota.

They already exist

Attached: 152234355195d565ef66e7d234-940x627.jpg (940x627, 128.38K)

Show me the cad file

You know we're all one big happy family up here. I actually haven't called Elon in a while, I wonder how he's doing...

kit car w/ tube chassis. nothing there unless you installed it yourself.

Attached: ultima-gtr_100505164_l.jpg (1024x768, 215.54K)

The memes predict the future.

I fucking wish
Current regulations don't allow you to do anything.

are you not allowed to build your own vehicles in usa?

You can build whatever the fuck you want. You can't drive it on the road without proper licensing and insurance, and a car you built yourself sure as shit ain't getting that

Oh, sorry, I was confused. You can but it takes a lot of testing to be approved.

It can get that, but it's a pain in the ass to get approved.

In the US it depends on the state, but it is overall do what you want as long as you have seat-belts.
In other countries it depends on the jurisdiction, for example in france nobody cannot use a car they have built without passing multiple tests, which are expensive btw and if you fail one the car don't pass.

What about in New "live free and die" Hampshire?

There is a specific exemption for kit cars kid.

Not just tesla but the auto industry in general is a proprietary mess. Like for example onstar does exactly the same type of thing short of recording video, your location even when your aren't in a crash is logged remotely because that is how cell networks work. Of course the models they sell to governments and police don't have these "features", if there was a tesla brand police car it would be devoid of all this brain damage. People will learn when the shit gets hacked and you can dox most cars on the road. Bug bounty's won't cut it, the shit is too powerful.

I used to laugh at this pic when I didn't have a car. After having to pay though the nose for a couple of (((OEM))) replacement parts, not to mention mandatory mechanic visit because car was designed to be impossible to fix at home, and manufacturer expecting a couple hundred bucks for the repair manual, I'm not laughing anymore. And this is a car that's a decade old, I'm horrified to imagine owning a newer, computerized car. I would unironically love to drive a car like that pic. Maintenance looks easy as fuck and if I can't find a matching part I could just improvise something.

Sounds like buying old police cars at auction is the way to dodge the botnet then?

I'd unironically drive something like this youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

are there no cyber dystopian movies that go into why privacy is important?

Attached: Trifolium_hybridum_inflorescence.jpg (1280x800 39.35 KB, 99.69K)

Horseless carriages shouldn't have anything more sophisticated than a simple analog FM radio installed onboard.

Attached: Mercedes-benz 540k.jpg (2048x1536 1.69 MB, 2.02M)

Probably there are

The absolute madlad.

Attached: 2v5kj9.jpg (720x565, 32.92K)

The heck is an FM radio? does it have a sim card?

Sounds like a great idea!

Attached: michael hastings.jpg (4752x3168, 9.1M)

Proprietary software in cars scares me. Just one command and they can get you crashed.
This is not funny anymore - it's not just a proprietary game that spies on you, but the software, your life depends on.
I won't buy a car having a computer, unless it will run free software only.

You're just one of those conspiracy theorists. It's all perfectly safe.
Oh no those evil terrorists. It hope they will be caught! The non-existent security in our cars is totally not at fault someones car got driven into a pedestrian area by someone not even at the scene!
Seriously, a normalfag doesn't even understand the risk he's taking. They don't understand any Zig Forums. It's all like magic to them. All they know is how to make it just work.

Also they were trained their whole lives to be open to everything and not question anything at all if not told to by their TV.

your car already has a computer in it

Lol, I don't have a car. Did you buy me one?

lel

Get a CUCV, guys

Attached: cucv.jpg (1280x720, 107.22K)

Tesla must encrypt all data produced by their AI cars.

He's getting chunky, huh

Attached: a23730eefc8a6add1507bef322667f6bb1a0aa0c25144012ae11bfe895642825.jpg (796x1794, 271.2K)

lols

where in the UK is this?

GPS is actually purely passive clientside technology.
It's when you plug your car into 5g or the driver next to you hacks into it that it starts leaking data.
If you carry an active phone with you you're tracked anyway btw.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

I smell rats.

I am homosexual and I am proud of it. Stop being homophobic.

Whatcha sliding mordecai?

lmfao KYS EVnigger

Electric cars can produce maximum torque instantly. ICE cars can't compare.

This is why Tesla has no future. Auto manufactures can put their surplus autos into their own RoboTaxi fleet. Maybe not these autos you see in pictures like mine, but certainly newer autos.

This is good news because it would mean it would force companies to standard parts of their autos across the board to make robo fleets more manageable so you don't have 10 different models of parts for the same type of part like transmissions or springs for suspensions. That makes OEM parts pretty damn cheap for the owners because there would be so many of them.

Attached: airport.jpg (525x299, 32.72K)

ICE is going to be dead in 30-40 years from now due to how the cost of renewable energy generation systems will have fallen through the foundation.
You're seeing expensive EV trucks starting to be produced, but decades from now we will have bitch basic fleet trucks on EV platforms. With renewable energy those who have fleets of pickups could skip the fuel pump. Sure in 25-30 years from now those energy generations will be replaced because they will be worn out, but it will be a tax write off the way it is with tractors & farmers who made too much for their tax bracket.

Tesla has a huge waiting list for their cars today. They're also getting into electric trucks and that's a big market waiting to be exploited. They also manufacture a significant portion of the world's batteries intended for automotive purposes. Tesla is going to do fine in the future.

With a Robo fleet they could use it as a buffer for transitioning into the next generation of Autos. At the end of every generation they can use the production to replace worn out cars in the fleet while they work on getting their facilities up and ready to sell the next generation of cars to the general public. The cars that are too beat up to be sold on lots could then be dumped onto craigslist.

Only in America can you find solutions to lack of rail transit that don't entail building some actual fucking rails.

based elomu

Attached: elomu.jpg (450x500, 15.63K)

Well you should be, all the diagnostic systems are locked for the OEMs to be used, there are a few ones that repair guys can do but they can't touch anything because even if they repair the parts that are pointed out by the software it needs to be validate via the software (DRM) and only the OEMs have they, of course you can always find one of the tool boxes on the black market but it's illegal for you to have one.
So yes the libre car is something that is needed.
You'd have to not that mechanics is very close to computing actually.
There's this too:
youtube.com/watch?v=F8JCh0owT4w

You seem a bit knowledgeable, so Ill ask you. Is there a way that I can access the rotation of the wheels on a 2-wheel drive car through software? If not, what can I access? The car is Japanese and its made in 2007, I believe. If you dont know, can you point me somewhere?