Gnunet

It claims to be so many things including having a decentralized name service I have looked at it so many times I've tried to find some stuff about it on jewtube And there's not too many videos on it there I mean I played with it to and it seems to be nothing more than a file sharing software Yet it claims it can do all these things and more It is there something I'm missing here is there a way to set it up to browse sites on there and use there GNS name system Or is it all bullshit

Attached: 6b18918a-7202-4f77-8205-e6f398843b51_3_full.jpeg (808x634, 105.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnunet.org/en/tutorial.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GNUnet is a descentralized protocol focused on anonymity. Theoretically, you could do anything with it including websites and chat and shit.

However, they haven't finished the web server thingy. So far all toucan do is share files and use it as a proxy. In theory one could use GNUnet to get Internet access from another computer. Also you could send/receive static webpages through it right now.

I looked at it in depth and was utterly confused too.

It seems to indeed be merely a file sharing application. The search algorithm is pretty good and not that hard to understand though, so that is something worth looking at if you're into anonymous p2p.

Also I tried writing a mod but the API documentation was so utterly useless I couldn't figure out how to even get started with a hello world application. And I'm really nod that bad.

But what made me instaquit that piece of shit community was when some guy started shilling some scamcoin in the IRC channel.
Even worse than ripple, totally controlled and insecure, so I explained what's wrong with his coin but he just kept promoting it and the fucking lead dev and chan admin muted me.

So fuck that shit.
If you wanna see something cool, look at pyBitmessage.

s/nod/not/

I use bitmessage Unfortunately everything has gone to ship ever since they discovered that Exploit in version 6.2 I've tried to use it from time to time But for some reason I can only connect to one node and its still using version 4.4 And there forum is offline

Ship I meant shit I need to stop phone posting and using the stupid voice recognition thing on my phone because I'm a lazy fuck

I read about some remote code execution issue that was fixed, but wasn't around back then.

Strange. Are you using the latest git version (2018) or windows builds (2019)?
Try going through tor, it works really well for me.

If you want incoming tor connections you need a deprecated classic v2 address so put this in torrc and restart/reload tor:
HiddenServiceDir /path/to/hidden/service/folder (will be created)HiddenServiceVersion 2HiddenServicePort 8444 127.0.0.1:8444
And put your .onion address from the hidden service hostname file in bitmessage's keys.dat where it says "onionhostname = "

Yeah that sucks but the dev is active in BM chans.

I wonder if it's also possible to tunnel a web server through gnunet But I've been trying to find documentation on it but I've been having a hard time finding that I saw a documentation on how to set up their name system though

most probably still fake news but keep us updated if you figure it out

same here

I saw a documentation on how to do it on their new website They got rid of the old one apparently here's the link to it
gnunet.org/en/tutorial.html

I think from my understanding you have to make a reverse proxy or something like that im not 100% sure on that one

Or I could just configure my system to pipe all of my internet traffic through gnunet and see what happens

Like the true tard that i am

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Masons, Masons everywhere...

Holy fuck what is going on in this thread

Whatcha sliding mordecai?

Yes, yes indeed. I most sincerely agree with you!