How to brake away from Linux: A beginners guide

Linux noob here. Would someone like to proof-read this?

It's still a bit of a mess but the first half should be spot-on.
One day, I'll learn how to stop processes like Windows Task Manager can, create repositories for downloaded programs, and most important of all, be able to use devices such as the Roccat mouse and keyboard.

How much have you slept today, user?

Oh dear. Sorry about that. It's been a constant up-hill struggle and the constant paperwork has taken its toll. Still, my little fuck up is a bit funny.

Attached: Well fuck.gif (267x199, 55.45K)

The fuck is shit cheat-sheet stuff?
I mean, you can make those all you want, but I hardly see the point of publishing it ever.
Just use killall/kill and ps, dude. You also can use top. Don't use htop though, it's shit (just look at the code, it's garbage).
It's distro-specific, no point in "learning" it, just find a manual for you distro and use it.
Look, the device drivers are either in the kernel or not. If not, you could try and write them if you know what you're doing. You also could compile some of the out-of-kernel-tree code provided by 3rd party, but it's not usually how it goes.

Attached: Star.vs.the.Fces.of.Evil.S04E07.Yada.Yada.Berries.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD2.0.H.264-CtrlHD-00:10:38.428.jpg (1920x1080, 282.11K)

I'll create a warning in the .pdf
> If the drivers for 3rd party hardware (Fancy keyboard or mouse's with LED programs such as Roccat) are not already supported by the linux kernel, then you must obtain the source-code and compile it for linux. This is done by applying the bash command on the configure file, which should be within the programs (source-code) directory. Then enter the make command while still being in the directory??

I think all this paperwork has taken a toll on my mental health. But I'm determined to learn how to use linux. The cheat-sheet provides examples on how the commands are used, something which the man-pages lack. It's also a collection of material from different sources. If I didn't take these notes, I would have go back and look for a source that can help me fill in the holes whenever I forgot to do something.

The problem is that I don't know how much I need to learn before I can consider myself proficient with Linux. I've already borked by computer twice already (Although that was a long time ago) and I still don't know how to use wine. All I can do is push on by finding scraps on different web-pages and organizing them into something more coherent. That, and watching YouTube videos or buying courses on Udemy.

But perhaps by sharing my work with others, I can spare them the pain of having to repeat this slog. But I wonder if there's a guide that's just as good, if not better than the one I'm making?

Attached: buried-paperwork.jpg (403x298, 167.96K)

I'm going to need a better argument than that. What does htop do wrong specifically that means we shouldn't use it?

how can you make something so simple so hard.. i just use it and have never done any of that

Htop is a shitty piece of code, don't add anything beyond that. People use shitty code all the time, and GNU/Linux development stack is full of shit in general, but it's not like people are going to stop wanting some specific software.
This isn't what I had in mind, dude.
a) You don't strictly need to "install" programs unless you actually need to
b) You can usually dump your own stuff into /usr/local, if it is the ./configure prefix what you are looking for
Package manager, and, consequentially, custom/local repositories are distro-specific though, that's what I was saying.
Dude, don't write anything THAT specific until you have actually compiled the kernel yourself at least once, OK? It's misleading and plain out wrong.
Man-pages are usually just about perfect at describing what program does. Don't hesitate to use search with "/" on them.
If you don't understand some specific technological term, look it up.
If you don't understand the technology you are about to manipulate (and you need to understand), look up the technology docs, rfcs, whatever.
You can look up usage examples online, too.
It's really easy with online search LOL.
Just don't think about it dude. Keep bashing your head against the wall until you can solve all your problems LMAO. If the problem is unsolvable at current Leenooks development stage, it will be pretty obvious.

Attached: Star.vs.the.Fces.of.Evil.S04E07.Yada.Yada.Berries.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD2.0.H.264-CtrlHD-00:10:37.177.jpg (1920x1080, 290.46K)

When I last opened its source code circa 2016, I found two actual bugs after about an evening of looking through that disgusting boilerplate code (well, I actually was trying to use the program as it was intended). Like, fuck.
The bugs were introduced in 2.0.0, I think, and I have no idea if they are fixed to this day. I mean, one of them was fixed if I recall, and I have my patch on me still, but I don't remember the nature of the bug. Something about some non-default view mode not displaying correctly. And I don't want to install htop, period, it traumatized me for life.

Attached: Star.vs.the.Fces.of.Evil.S04E07.Yada.Yada.Berries.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD2.0.H.264-CtrlHD-00:01:00.268.jpg (1920x1080, 220.85K)

tl;dr
can someone y/n if this is a mikeeusa thread?
if not - what is it, and why?

I have no idea, I didn't read OP's PDF either.
Also I have no idea who that mikee dude is. I'm just a tad bored.

Attached: Star.vs.the.Fces.of.Evil.S04E13.Curse.of.the.Blood.Moon.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD2.0.H.264-CtrlHD-00:03:23.120.jpg (1920x1080, 235.89K)

Is Star Vs any good? All I know about it, I learned from pr0n.
Is it too childish to really enjoy, or is it fun for all ages?

It is a teenager show.
It is kinda simple-ish, though a lot of adult problems are already raised and commented on. The characters will go through actual development, though maybe not much. I dunno how to elaborate on this. I am not American to elaborately judge its commentary on American politics, but I find it rather, I'd say, daring.

Attached: Star.vs.the.Fces.of.Evil.S04E10.Surviving.the.Spider.Bites.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD2.0.H.264-CtrlHD-00:05:55.104.jpg (1920x1080, 306.24K)

Also Star is sexy as fuck. xD

Attached: star.vs.the.Fces.of.evil.s04e05.ransomgram.1080p.web.dl.hevc.x265-00:03:46.830.jpg (1920x1080, 233.2K)

Bump, this thread has drawn the ire of the jannie.

i dont ever read anything like that. they are always too long and boring and i dont really care anyway. if it does not work or i cant understand it then i use a search engine and it gives me whatever is needed in a short post thats easy to understand. its so much easier to search "how to do thing" than read some man page that does not clearly tell me how to do the thing. theres always over 9000 options there with 100 line descriptions but something like stackoverflow will have the command and all needed parameters that i need to do the thing and sometimes they explain what the things in the command are too.

Thanks for your advice. But I wonder why the man-pages don't go into depth about how programs are applied.

Attached: Usokei- Quilled treble clef pictures (Searched by Châu Khang).jpg (564x1048, 91K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Looks like some Soros-funded controlled opposition to me.

Europeons need to burn in a tar-pit. Disgusting

Where are all these shills coming from?

Lots of shills in this thread.

Masons, Masons everywhere.