Hey Zig Forums, yes Im "from" 4chan and so are 95% of you fucks. Anyways...

Hey Zig Forums, yes Im "from" 4chan and so are 95% of you fucks. Anyways, I'm curious about what you peoples think about privacy and security on mobile networks. I can do what is possible on my end and Im def interested in the librem5 when it comes out, but its seems like no matter what you are forced into a illusion of choice for mobile internet. every 3 months or so a scandal comes out that your mobile provider has sold your data for example:
theguardian.com/business/2016/oct/25/att-secretly-sells-customer-data-law-enforcement-hemisphere

washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/01/10/phone-companies-are-selling-your-location-data-now-some-lawmakers-want-federal-investigation/?utm_term=.8187bf07fd7c

theverge.com/2018/6/19/17478934/verizon-selling-real-time-location-data-third-party-securus-wyden

etc ad nausem.

My point is I can do what i can on my end but I cant make my own mobile network. Anyway around this besides just throwing my fucking phone away?

Attached: wolfman.gif (500x228, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_chip
freecalypso.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally no.
You can go back now.

Phones are inherently insecure

Attached: pottering.jpg (204x255, 9.19K)

There's a reason why Stallman refuses to carry a cell phone. It's because they track people and record people.

You should only use a phone as a decoy, place it far away from you and they will never find you. Also, you have to go back.

Look at this green pea.

you couldn't pick more normie image

Use HTTPS and Tor.

Turn off GPS and location info sending options.

If you used 4chan post 2017 you clearly don't care about security.
If you used 4chan post captcha you didn't care about privacy.
By design, phones tell networks where they are, so you aren't private from ISPs unless you killswitch / battery remove / Faraday cage or necuros that shit.
Furthermore, unless you run a custom ROM, google or apple are so far up your ass you can't get them out. Its like AIDS except there's a cure for those who try hard enough. But most of the usable ones (eg. lineageos) are mitigation, treatment rather than cure.
Who do you want to be private from!

What is WiFi?

We need libre baseband chips. Might be illegal, but if we get them, we can build a p2p phone network.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_chip

Attached: hacktheplanet.jpg (480x360, 60.46K)

doesn't exist

What's illegal?

Didn't read. Go back.

Don't use them or use the dumbest phone you can get.

It's illegal to create electronics that produce radio signals when it doesn't comply with the FCC

doesn't that set a terrifying precedent, you can only communicate on wavelengths that are authorized by glowniggers

how did we get here so quick

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (350x500, 23.15K)

I don't give a shit about mobile networks

You do realize that without controls, absolutely nobody can use radio communication when there are spammers congesting the space with their radio spam.

look at this green plea*

Speak for yourself you waste of space.
No.

The paradox of Glow In The Dark.

Is your threat model,
worried about location data?
Don't use a cellular device
worried about snooping?
Don't use cleartext services, instead:
Signal (if you have a phone number)
XMPP+OMEMO
Matrix+OLM
need video/audio? ZRTP

I have to be careful and not allow my custom firmware enabled routers to broadcast on channel 14 for just such a reason.

Yeah, but we moved YEARS ago, when moot cucked out to an sjw cunt.

No... You're from Reddit you fucking trans faggot

The carriers and manufacturers have the majority of control over the networks used, the software and hardware of the phones etc, so I don't really see modern cell phones being privacy or security oriented devices.

use orbot and orfox on your phone
disable all google shit

Way to kill your own thread, op.
You could've legit had a real thread about security on mobile devices or atleast alternatives to (((mobile))) that respect privacy, but you instead decided to kill it with this one opening statement.

lurk two years before you post again ni/g/ger

>>>/back/
it's where you must go.
>>>/g/ if you can't into "back"

Addenum...

also this.

There is a lot you can do, but nothing beats not owning a phone.
Famously snowden demonstrated how to "secure a phone". He starts with the presumption, that it is compromised. (Which on the level of Intelligence agencies is the case anyway) and removes and entry points of information they can collect, up to a point where he can set boundaries.
Cameras, physically removed, microphone, physically removed. He carries a micro-usb plugin microphone for phone calls.
Radios inside? Well, here you hit a brick wall. Ultimately you can't hide if you are truly tracked by someone. So what have you achieved?
A zone of privacy, that extends o sightline. He can be geographically tracked, but his phone does not allow you to get information of something happening in close proximity. (Eg. Voice recordings)

That is how you deal with it. Set a boundry you wish to enforce and work towards it. Can you go invisible? Not in everyday life. But you can limit what information you bleed, at least in a 10 Meter radius.

>Hey Zig Forums, Im "from" 4chan, I was curious about what you think of privacy and security on mobile networks

Attached: 8327042.png (625x1254, 93.62K)

Tl;dr
Go back to halfchannel faggot

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Heil Israel

Holy shit, the Masonic influence here is glowing.

Kike mods are trying to get TOR banned. Don't let them get away with it!

I'm seeing a lot of bot posts spammed around here. Be careful anons

How do I 13373 Haxxor the gibson?

Attached: gibson.jpeg (480x360, 10.41K)

It isn't

Yes, which has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not it's open sores or whatever. Once you've got a working product (hardware+software), submit it to the FCC or your other nation's spectrum regulator, and apply the certification # they provide to anything you give end users.

Not to as great an extent as is commonly imagined. In the case of GSM, for instance, all you need is a compatible baseband with a valid SIM card installed, and you have access. The main problem is simply that nobody has bothered to spend the money/autism to make an open baseband, aside from one ancient 2G chipset from Texas Instruments that was reverse-engineered a while ago:
freecalypso.org/