Net Neutrality Thread

apnews.com/c15bb1c64b454af499e1fc4c55cbc5d1

Are we for or against net neutrality now, Zig Forums?

Attached: net_neutrality.jpg (3000x2032, 249.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/deeplinks/2019/02/countries-zero-rating-have-more-expensive-wireless-broadband-countries-without-it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local-loop_unbundling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-rating
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/12/netflix-google-net-neutrality/548768/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shut the fuck up

Net neutrality is an argument between corporations about who gets stuck with the costs of transit, it has nothing to do with freedom and discussion about it doesn't belong on Zig Forums.

Attached: weev_nn.webm (426x240, 14.68M)

Always for net neutrality, never for whatever cancer they want to pass along with it. This is how it was from the beginning and this is how it will continue to be, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a sub-60 IQ retard drone.

Net Neutrality is a touchy subject around here, however lies argued by both proponents and opponents have been exposed since NN was overturned.

1) The absence of NN wasn't going to fracture the internet as redditors claimed, things are the same as they were ( for now ) albeit slightly more expensive and throttled.

2) The absence of NN was NEVER going to create "competition" or whatever pajeet pais paid shills claimed. ISPs own a legal monopoly of all infrastructure and no "start up ISPs" have appeared anywhere, Americans still pay for "fast speeds" over shitty infrastructure while consumers have zero leverage in negotiation of contract.

The only reason NN is gone is because fearmongering tech illiterate mongoloids believed Obama was trying to regulate our internet and censor people through the FCC, which was never true. The ironic tragedy of it all is retards gave more power to the ISPs owned by the cable corporations currently trying to censor wrongthink opinions. If you thought the telemundvision was dying, wait until the internet is repackaged to rid of all that fakenews Youtube is broadcasting.

Attached: zv5460ee16.gif (550x291, 23.73K)

The comkike corporation stole millions of tax payers money the government granted them to [not] upgrade their infrastructure years ago, what is this douchenozzle smoking?

I don't understand techboomers, do you want competition or not?
Or do you really expect small startups to invest the money that isps have to lay down millions of miles of fiber cables?

lolwut, 5G was already around before NN existed

For NN, except for a handful of drooling retards and perhaps a few spambots. Kurisu Makise-poster was the worst.

Then why were the only lobbyists opposed to NN from a handful of ISPs, overwhelmingly outspending the other side, while every single lobbying other than those ISPs were in favor of NN?

That is happening right now, it's called zero rating:
eff.org/deeplinks/2019/02/countries-zero-rating-have-more-expensive-wireless-broadband-countries-without-it

Attached: bc4b51442916816599812b06cf98f027--line-chart-mother-jones.jpg (630x501, 29.84K)

Forgot 2nd pic

Attached: TotalLobbyingExpendituresofTop20.png (910x1126, 210.58K)

This. /thread and mods plz close.

indeed, Zig Forums is a lot better these days without Zig Forumstards shitting it up.

Attached: 1534984769847.png (481x477, 335.42K)

Why should we side with the leftist silicon valley tech giants over the ISPs, though?

At this point I don't care either way because at least we don't have Article 13 shit and PIPA and SOPA and whatever-A is dead

Attached: Pittsburgh_Pirates_Laughing_Logo_('68_-_'86_logo).mp4 (854x476, 696.25K)

Ignoring the fact that "leftist silicon valley tech giants" are far from the only ones who support NN, alongside basically every single entity or interest other than ISPs, including the popular opinion of over 2/3rds of Dems, independents, and Repubs? Also ignoring the fact that those ISPs are still part of colossal conglomerates (Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Time-Warner, etc.) with far more power than the tech industry?

How about the fact that websites can always be replaced, as long as an open network such as the Internet exists. Whereas if your ISP, your telco utility, and the websites you use were vertically integrated parts of the same megacorp's intranet, it would be completely unbreakable. Think of the bad old days of proprietary BBSs, but without an open copper PSTN modem capable of connecting to any other modem, since the US government failed to impose LLU on cable/cellular/fibre:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local-loop_unbundling

Attached: prodigy_logo_crop.png (392x415 67.2 KB, 11.22K)

I am concerned about web-centralization and the actions of these tech giants that garner all the traffic, not theoretical abuse from ISPs that isn't grounded in anything.

Then don't use them nigger. As long as your ISP lets you, this will always be a viable alternative

I more or less do not, but the internet is going to keep shrinking until I may as well just shove my face in the corner and talk to myself. I'm doing more and more things IRL, because the web is so garbage, but unfortunately everyone in meat-space has their face in a screen anyway.

It's happening right now:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-rating

yeah, i don't know why google was for NN either.

Wow, what a disaster! Way worse than things that actually effect me, like google's omnipresence. Thank god the heroes at Alphabet Inc. are dealing with those dastardly ISPs. I know that's the most pressing issue I find with the internet, my bills, not that the content is all curated, centralized garbage. We should be weary of ISPs for theoretical infringements on free speech that hardly make any sense, instead of the people who are actively suppressing information. Thank god for the warriors fighting for net-neutrality!

it's usually the default, so:

Look at my graph, and notice Google &co cared a lot less about NN than the ISPs did, in terms of raw dollars.

The one situation you were correct in over a decade, congrats. Where were the NN advocates when that happened BTW? I have a feeling that google, facebook, and reddit had little to say about it. In fact the EFF gave a cucked, lukewarm response that basically said something along the lines of, "censorship is ok as long you tell people they're going to be censored and kosher ideas don't get hit in the crossfire".

How much money do you need to spend when you have total control of information?

Okay so what's your point? How does opposing net neutrality either benefit you or hurt google?
Based on what I understand, you seem to think google is big enough that they don't need to care about net neutrality, similar to what's said here.
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/12/netflix-google-net-neutrality/548768/
Unless there's something I'm missing, you'll be doing the same thing to protect your privacy from google whether net neutrality passes or not. So if it's not too important for google, what does not having net neutrality personally do for you?

We're 100% for it, but Zig Forums isn't of course because they're spineless partisan hacks who've reneged on everything it ever meant to be an image board user. Sometimes we get Zig Forums parasites in here who've misclicked the board link though.

Both ISPs and the government is controlled by kikes.
Create your own nationalized internet/usergroups.

When Americans (and James Corbett) say "Net Neutrality" they don't mean Net Neutrality but some kind of weird privacy laws.
It makes absolutely no sense and I think we should just let evolution solve the problem.

Every user supports actual net neutrality.
Everyone who doesn't support net neutrality was confused by shills so he thinks it is something entirely differentl.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Orwellian term describing the desired outcome, rather than the implementation.

Mods are kikes. Why are they deleting my posts?

Whatcha sliding Chaim?

This is a good thing.

The Semitic influence is strong with this one.

Looks like some Soros-funded controlled opposition to me.

Fuck off moshe.

Whatcha sliding mordecai?

Whatcha sliding Chaim?