Monitors for Productivity

Does anyone have any real beefy monitors that are good for productivity? I see so many monitors these days by companies that don't understand that their "ultrawide" monitors don't have the pixel density of a single 4K monitor. Everyone I speak to also has no idea what I am talking about, and don't understand why I can work with such small font sizes. I am looking for a really high quality monitor for productivity - preferably something larger than 4K - I currently use 2 4k monitors as my daily driver but I am really looking for something like 5760x2160 - i.e. approximately 6 1080p monitors, or 1.5 4k ones. I can't seem to find anything like this outside of 6 monitor arrays which are just inefficient. I'd technically prefer a single monitor with the density of 6 1080p monitors and a second vertical one that does something like 1920x2160 for web browsing or multitasking two windows in parallel.

Attached: 499P9_F.jpg (3867x1563, 358.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9gSeov2cGzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ultrawide is the most retarded meme. its really wide but has almost no space for text. they forgot the other direction completely when they made those.

There's the LG 34BK95U-W which is 5120x2160.

Why do companies make stupid shit like 32:9 but not 16:10? The excuse is that there's no demand for the latter but I've seen much less demand for 32:9, yet somehow there are more options.

any monitor will do.
Stop worrying about getting the "right" equipment to be "productive" if you really cared about being productive you'd be spending more time doing then worry about small details like resolution or 4k or what ever bullshit consumer shit is marketed these days.
Not having a 4k monitor never stopped anyone from working in the past, neither will it prevent anyone now.

16:10 is better for productivity, 16:9 or wider is for being a consumerist whore

Ultrawide is garbage though.
24" 16:10 is ideal, but my 16:9 works fine.
Drop text size down to 8 and you can fit a lot on screen.

The OS you're running most likely doesn't support tiling that many windows together to fill the space properly.
Most non-tiling-only Window managers only support 2 windows snapped together. For that wider is worse.
Because it's a fucking meme. Does it say ultrawide or ultraHD? It's actually ultrainefficient.
There is nothing you can do with 2 4k screens. One can already be considered superfluous if you don't watch 4K movies.
In fact retards with such high DPI just ask for DPI scaling effectively lowering what they can place on the screen again.
Holy shit, you fucking retard. Let poo show it to you: youtube.com/watch?v=9gSeov2cGzU
You can also just snap two windows against the edges which results in them actually snapping together instead of just being positioned.

OP IS JUST A RETARDED REDDITOR WHO'S TOO RETARDED TO GO TO CONSUMER ADVICE!

So what do you guys think about one 4k monitor vs. four 1920p? What are the pros and cons?

Also for having more than 3 monitors, any of you try having them arranged in 2 rows like security rooms? Is there an easy way of making a VESA stand monitor stand above another one without bolting it to the wall?

I can't stand it anymore, I go into the object inspector and manually change the css to make the text wider. I'm literally going to become a css expert from constantly untangling cancerous modern webdev DOMs to figure out what is setting width, shitty colors and gay fonts.

Having more than 2 monitors means you're a faggot who doesn't know how to alt tab. Very few reasons you're ever going to need more than 2 screens at a time. One screen to work on and one screen to reference things is all you're ever going to be able to look at. A single 4k monitor today can easily display multiple windows side by side and still have a lot of space dedicated to each.

You're spending a fortune on shit you don't need for the meme value. Find 2 decent sized monitors that don't fuck your eyes up and stick with them. Figure out what being productive means because it doesn't mean finding 12 monitors so you can have 3 movies playing while you read discord and play assassins creed on another.

havent seen any :10 anywhere for a while. maybe they only make those ugly gaming monitors now

ultrawide is fucking huge tho. it wont be comfortable to use even if you manage to read the text thats up there by moving your head. it also often has the curved meme too so it would look extra gay if you do that.

You're kind of presuming too much there. I didn't go 2 screens because of meme value, one day I had to use a work computer that had 2 monitors and I realized it's really convenient. I don't really get your meme that all people with multiple screens are posers, how insecure do you have to be? I'd say they're just crying sour grapes because they're poor but you can get a basic monitor for like $120, who the fuck can't afford that?

1 screen to look at reference page
1 screen to write code
1 screen to look at other code
There you go, perfectly reasonable use case for three. You're a fag, I hate to reply without saging but the thread deserves a bump.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES