Is taking steps to stay anonymous online ultimately futile?

Is taking steps to stay anonymous online ultimately futile?

Running open source browsers with anti ad and tracking features at least guarantee big corporations can't as easily gather data on you but this is about where the ease ends.

For example, lets say your next step is downloading software to further configure your computer for privacy, like email clients, torrent clients, virtual machines, misc productivity tools, etc. You download these through Tor but your ISP still knows you're connecting to Tor, so how the fuck am I supposed to download software to evade prying eyes when those prying eyes will, by my download activity, be able to determine I am trying to evade them and probably take steps to do le sneaky shit. Obviously, you'd use a tustworthy and transparent VPN along with Tor, but YOU CAN'T GET THE FUCKING VPN COMPLETELY ANONYMOUSLY EITHER. You can pay with crypto but the steps you take to buy crypto will be known so they know you; 1. are into crypto 2. used it to purchase a VPN. Yeah, maybe you're off the grid after these two steps by this time you've probably done so much internet research on this they've got a nice little log and can get a good idea of what you're trying to do and why. They know XYZ user purchased a VPN with crypto and will keep tabs on you.

Am I supposed to get a burner laptop and configure it somewhere else besides my own house, load all the installers onto an encrypted usb, and load it onto my desired computer? If I do that, who can still see what software I run on my computer? What the FUCK

Attached: e88aee.png (509x411, 17.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2OZKitRwc
tails.boum.org
heads.dyne.org/
fz474h2o46o2u7xj.onion/
alfa.com.tw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only death will cure that mental illness

There is no such thing as anonymity online, but you can still have the closest thing to it: pseudonymity. It protects your data from malicious average joes.

Hello? You can't put anonymous data online? Are you able to read me? When you send anything online there is always an IP address. You can try other methods, but the trails are easy to follow.

These days even your hardware is leaving hidden messages that can be caught. The idea of modern online security isn't to mask who you are entirely, only to make yourself a difficult target not worth the investment in tracking down. No one is going to go through vpns and tor to find a guy who said nigger on social media. But they will go after people who shoot up schools through it.

If you truly want to be anonymous your only options are to use only public wifi or wifi you can steal from unsecure homes. Pick up a second hand laptop you pay cash for and keep it offline at all times unless using one of these open networks. But even then you're going to be on camera being in public and a pattern could stand out.

tl;dr it's impossible to be entirely anonymous but low hanging fruit is more tempting than not

You are aware that posting a picture means that you aren't using tor ?
Yes, and ? You could use a VPN but your ISP would still know that you're making data transit in it, same for Tor (even if tor is more complicated than that).
The only way for your ID to not be correlated via Tor/VPN usage is to use someone Else's connection.
See:
youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2OZKitRwc
Like said before tor is more complicated than that, your ISP won't be able to know what you're downloading beside.
Postmail service is more anonymous than clearnet nowadays. Except of course if you are targeted by your local security agency.
With systemd:
tails.boum.org
Without systemd:
heads.dyne.org/
fz474h2o46o2u7xj.onion/
I was in the same position as your a few years ago so here's the best thing you can do right now, calm your tits and read/compile/execute, after a few years you'll see that there's nothing positive and you'll get used to it, then if like me you're willing, you'll fight back technically and legally it's all a question of patience.

Nah, brug. Just don't have a home or phone connection. If you're worried about security cameras,
alfa.com.tw/
Has some pretty decent long-range gear. You could be across the street or in a car in another parking lot from the AP.

Attached: 20181128141854z9iwd1.jpg (1300x570, 170.56K)

Vanilla Internet doesn't include anonymity in the package, LOL.
You gotta have an IP address and you have no way to hide it by any means other than using another IP address, and then you have to trust that other IP provider to hide your ass. So, it becomes a trust game, and in the largely public system the Internet is, you cannot trust random people, really.

Anonymity itself isn't even a technical problem, it is a social problem, and it shouldn't be confused with privacy. For two people to have conversation completely anonymously, they have to put their trust into something else (for example a wall in the back street or a web forum) to hide their identities from each other. And that of course jeopardizes their privacy. And vice versa, to have a completely private conversation (vis-a-vis), you have to give up your anonymity for at least a pseudonym (like with RSA shared keys).

However, with systems like Tor and other darknet tools, you might approach very "anonymous" and "private" communication indeed. Tor essentially dissolves your identity into the one of the "Tor user", by routing your message through 3 nodes, with last two agnostic of where the message came from originally and the middle one completely breaking up from the original sender, making it rather non-trivial to trace the message back to its sender. Of course the system has weaknesses, but it has an OK idea - putting message through a lot of other users as privately as possible.
But of course, however, you just put both your privacy and anonymity into hands of random CIA niggers in this case anyway. Though anonymity is more easily jeopardized in this game, I guess. "Tor user" is already too non-normie and Tor traffic is distinguishable from the regular TLS traffic on the wire.

What I want to say is that using Tor and VPN/VPS bought for bitcoins or whatever means not connected to your real identity is VERY strong at hiding your ass, at least so far. Don't shit your pants too much.

Also, the last thing, if your actions have severe repercussions IRL, CIA niggers will likely to find you anyway. It is an effort/reward ratio game for them. I mean, sure, you can run, as in be quick on your feet at using various public wifi spots with security cameras also hacked by you (like, it is pretty fictional shit already, but it might be possible for some of them), but most probably cannot hide. So, ultimately, (((they))) have an upper hand over you IRL, unless you belong to a rather enclosed criminal organization, but then you are vulnerable through other means, e.g. traitors and other shit.

OK, this post is too long.

Please never reproduce.

Literally what?
My answer is at least on par in quality with the rest of the replies ITT, like, c'mon.

apt-get torbrowser-launchertorbrowser-launcher &

and don't give out your details over the internet like 75% of people do

How do you put shit like that into your post?

maybe stop taking things too seriously and just do what you can to minimize your online footprint, thats enough for me usually

start your own isp company and give yourself secure and free internet. also get nice income from providing others a secure connection without spying.

hmmmm

>>>Zig Forums13167302
>>>Zig Forums13167562

Not even him but that EXIF gives nothing valuable. Coordinates are missing from what I can tell.

The EXIF confirms the image. The images together confirm his location

You can even tell which compass heading the front door of the house is facing from looking at one photo.

PIA lets you pay for service using gift cards. Pair that with a random email address from whoever you trust and you'll be gtg.

If some triple digit organization is after you, then the chances are that you can't hide from it, at least not for long. But you can (and you should) minimize the amount of data/metadata that corporations collect on you. """Telemetry""" or any other type of collected data won't benefit you at all in any way, however, it can be used to ruin your (and your friends' family's) reputation, sell useless junk to you or predict/control the future happenings, for example. Many normalniggers say that they don't care what CIA or Fagbook knows about you but if classified gov information gets leaked, so can the data that the CIA niggers or some corporation has on you. Just using uBlock, turning off JavaScript (or using uMatrix or NoScript) and simply not posting your real personal info or pictures online helps a lot. When you post files, prefer .gif or .txt files.

TL;DR You should minimize the amount of data glow-in-the-darks collect since it can only harm you while not benefiting you in any way.

you have to lurk more

Attached: terry_smoke2.png (600x745, 620.2K)

Last time I checked, Mullvad let you create an account completely anonymously and pay in cash through the mail, either euros or USD.

Last time I checked you could walk into a store even and pay with bitcoin or cash with Mullvad. I liked thier ToS as well.

you have to buy bandwidth from a bigger provider who can spy on all the bandwidth they sell to you..

They still know your ip though.

can you use free proxy server
will it work? better than vpn paying

you can use a 3G USB modem with prepaid sim cards
you can use your neighbors' wifi

You are overthinking this. It's very easy to get lost in the woods with this shit and feel like its hopeless. The trick to staying anonymous is having multiple layers of security, here's an example:
CIAniggers are going to have a hard time trying to fuck with all that, let alone anyone else.

Even then it's next to impossible with Tor. Basically if you call in a bomb threat SIP over Tor on your university network and you're the only one who ever used Tor at that time you become a prime suspect, but without proof and without your admission it wouldn't (shouldn't) be convict-able.

They know that you're connecting with Tor but nothing else. Just use it for everything. Recommend it to people.
Tor anonymises packets so it isn't possible to guess what you would be downloading that easily. Regarding connection times - trivial to fake.

Don't bother with (((anonymity VPNs))) unless torrents are illegal in your country.

Regarding adblocking - it might deanonimise you as well. The best way is to use Tor Browser with default settings - it makes every Tor Browser appear to be the same.

Why?

no metadata. the metadata can be just as valuable as the actual data.

No and yes. You can try to make it difficult for them to molest you, but if you become a top priority not building your own hardware and software will be your weakness.

These days, it's pretty much impossible to stay completely anonymous online.

They real trick is to not be so worried about leaving even the tiniest scap of data behind, because that is inevitable. It's all about knowing & understanding what you leave behind, making sure it's not enough to actually prove anything, & that you have plausible deniability.

Reminder, OP: Privacy and Anonmity are two seperate issues and should not to be confused with each other.

if you dont expose identifying info on tor itself, using tor is only a problem if your isp/lea can correlate times between you using tor and activity on tor. run a relay, pad your traffic, use tor constantly and this cannot happen.

Literally today my ISP started blocking the following sites:
nordvpn.com
expressvpn.com
4chan.org
8ch.net

I had to buy a stupid NordVPN account just to load the pages, traceroute said the packages were getting lost at the EMBRATEL routers (Brazilian internet authority that oversees communications, like the FCC for americans). Then I find out half chan doesn't accept VPN shitposters, so now I'm a fulltime 8channer I guess (I came here during the firts exodus but was still dual posting)
Fuck ISP niggery.

Install Tails. So long as you don't log in anywhere and the computer your using is clean. You are anonymous, but still susceptible to attacks.

Imagine paying someone to babysit your internet usage.

can't you just change your DNS settings?

Why do you need to remain anonymous so badly? If you have nothing to hide, you really shouldn't have to worry about being monitored.

Got any other stupid questions dumbass?

Attached: enjoy a future of pure evidence planting, with alphabets anything is possible.PNG (1734x879 4.09 MB, 295.07K)

I don't know, user. Why do you think the concept of secret ballots is important? After all, why would voters have anything to hide during an election? Are they voting for peopohilia? I bet they are.
captcha: soiyl F

boomer cattle tier arguments. it's simply not normal that you are being monitored, if you didn't do anything wrong. Voting should be 100% anonymous and confidential because if it isn't, then it can unconsciously affect the way you vote (or perhaps you won't vote at all because you are afraid that you get bullied or fired from your work or that you simply become an anti-citizen if you vote for the "wrong party" or the "wrong candidate") Free elections are the requirement for democracy.
Just get >>>/out/ and take your weak baits with you. You are the blackest low IQ gorilla that I have ever seen.

Attached: mcfucking_kys.jpg (552x589, 71.46K)

So what do you think of firefox by (((mozilla)))? I'm using this shit for over 5 years and i don't really know where to transfer,is chromium acceptable? I'm paranoid in terms of security and privacy but knowing how the world and internet works today i kinda imagine that privacy is not possible at all. So what do you suggest Zig Forums ?

Attached: 15316766439320.jpg (1080x833, 114K)

Security is primarily about hardening yourself as a target, saying that you shouldn't make attempts to anonymize yourself because the most advanced and sophisticated intelligence agencies in the world would be able to defeat your security measures is akin to not locking your door because the national guard could theoretically drive a tank through your walls.

It costs money to surveil somebody, if you were, as an NSA agent to do a cost-benefit analysis on surveilling some random user who is at most engaged in very morally inoffensive illegal behavior (eg. pirating, peddling conspiracy theories, sharing hacking/bomb making instructions without any stated intent of terrorist activity, etc) but has put in place a lot of measures to make surveiling them a pain in the ass compared to a member of a hostile foreign government who takes essentially no security precautions you'd choose the foreign government employee every time because it makes you look a lot better in the eyes of an employer. Don't ever do nothing because you thought you could only do a little, that's autistic quitter behaivor.

Security is basically dead in 2019. Your processor probably has a hidden MINIX web server running.
Use an Amiga to moonbounce radio singals over TCP to download your CP.

Imagine having to go through life while being this fucking retarded

Imagine having to go through life while being this fucking genious