Canvas fingerprinting

This shit is a privacy nightmare. Every website you visit can generate a hash which is unique to your device. Yet, spoofing it makes you even more unique.

How do we defeat this sort of tracking ? Tor browser has a feature which sends a blank canvas, but it's not a sufficient solution for everyday browsing

Attached: serveimage.png (890x609, 37.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/wiki/4.1-Extensions
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Canvas_API
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-possum/
github.com/cowlicks/privacypossum
browserleaks.com/javascript
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Disable javascript

I seriously don't get why there isn't a decent canvas blocker plugin. uMatrix can't specifically block it either, it's ether all js or nothing.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/
Some decent addon recommendations in general: github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/wiki/4.1-Extensions

That palemoon browser has one called canvas blocker legacy.

Firefox comes with canvas spoofing now. Just activate it with about:config and it'll use Tor's canvas.

Now, hardware fingerprinting. THAT is bullshit and nothing can be done besides turning off JavaScript.

whats a canvas and why would you ever need/want that?

Last time I used that plugin it gave you popups when it blocked canvases and required you to manually type addresses into a whitelist file. The screenshots on the current page look different though so maybe it's changed.

That's a shit on which you can draw with webgl, etc.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Canvas_API

It lets you draw things onto an image and use hardware acceleration, you can even make 3D games with it. Besides browser games, the only valid usage I know of is displaying rotateable 3D models/data on the webpage.

Useless bloat. Firefox has an about:config option to spoof/hide canvas.

about:config
privacy.resistFingerprinting = true

so its nothing that i use. last time i played a game in a browser was over 10 years ago and it used flash player. i really use the browser for accessing text and normal pictures so security & bug fixes are the only reason to ever update

It really is. Vast majority of websites don't actually need canvas. One place I've seen it used properly is by firefoxes pdf viewer, to display thumbnails. Well, just integrate the pdf viewer into the browser and then give it special permission.

But why can't canvas drawing just be deterministic? Can someone explain that to me, because no where else on the web do we accept "it works differently depending on your computer".

Disable JS, simple as that.
Fuck you.

Not available in 52.9esr.

some sites dont work without javascript on. for example blocket.se which is kind of the ebay of sweden. there is no real competition. but you cant even view poeples ads without javascript on.

i mean no competition - there is no other site that is that big. everything else is crap.

make your own then meatballcuck

What about privacy possum?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-possum/

Here's the relevant gh repo.
github.com/cowlicks/privacypossum

Don't you just have to disable webgl for that one?

You also have to disable battery and media device reporting.
browserleaks.com/javascript

So you just use the browser to read text? Sounds boring.

Read text, watch videos, and view images. That's without the videos what the browser was originally intended for. Using CSS you define to format pages how you like it, with html being a delivery mechanism for text and images. If you use it like that a browser is just a document viewer like libreoffice or microscam word. A network/tcp/ip enabled document viewer mind you. Someone should just make a browser that rips javascript out of the browser and replaces it with scheme, lisp, and or a CSS manager that rips CSS from a page and inserts CSS you write/have. Just go fuck you to all the javascript standards and do your own thing. You could make every page look somewhat like 4cucks or cuck naughty netwontwork or whatever.

CSS can be used for fingerprinting.

i dont care anymore. you paranoid fucks can just go use lynx or something or just throw the computer in the trash because its all botnet anyway. im not going to sit here doing nothing just because some faggot on some shitty imageboard said something is botnet.

Attached: 2.png (467x453, 344.05K)

It's not just canvas. There are tons of ways to fingerprint browsers even with Javascript disabled.

Nobody even asked you you dumbfuck shill.

if i cant use my computers then the other option would soon be to start killing all the normies that i hate but maybe thats what you botnetniggers want. such things can happen if you dont have any reason to live and have nothing to lose.

Oh I'm sure you'll really do something drastic you dumbfuck retard shill.

lol nice bot. needs a bigger wordlist tho.

Use Tor Browser fucking nigger

Why not? Tor has been fast enough for everyday browsing for years. The only situations where it sucks are when you run into cancer sites that block you for using Tor, or when you're HD video streaming/downloading large files.

Tip:

You can use invidio.us for browsing Youtube and then drop it into terminal using mpv.

$ torsocks mpv ANY_VIDEO_URL

or:

$ mpv ANY_VIDEO_URL

Web players are shit anyway

You can have better protection without breaking %80 of the web by just using Tor browser... face it you will always have a fingerprint on line, the only way to stay anonymous is to give yourself the same fingerprint as everybody else

Not really... It doesn't matter if you get fingerprinted using standard techniques on Tor browser, because the browser fingerprint is non-unique. You could even use Whonix to isolate the entire Tor from the rest of your system if you're extra paranoid.