Anybody knows how to tweak and customize the weston wayland compositor?

Anybody knows how to tweak and customize the weston wayland compositor?

Attached: wayland.jpg (200x200, 5.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/swaywm/wlroots/wiki/Projects-which-use-wlroots
wayland.freedesktop.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install wlroots

install xorg

lol no.

wayland is garbage by design
it will never catch on

Any good guides on using it?

you can find projects using wlroots here github.com/swaywm/wlroots/wiki/Projects-which-use-wlroots
There is also a simular demo wm like weston called rooston.
right now you just got to dive through repo wikis.
If it's not in the wiki try looking in the issue tracker

Thanks. Any light wayland compositor with support for the keep on top functionality you'd recommend?

It has actually caught on already - the next version of (((Debian))) comes with wayland by default and GNOME supporting it.
And if wayland is a garbage by design, then xorg is a corpse.

oh wow Debian is supporting it. Fuck me it must be good.

corroborate your argument

Standard FDO fare, now kill yourself.

Sure sounds like opensors to me

The point is that it says nothing about the popularity of Wayland because all these applications didn't choose to use it, they just chose GTK or SDL or whatever.

And why did those projects decide to use a framework that is portable and easily crossplatform?
Your argument is retarded.

Did you know that the purpose of Wayland is to provide a way of displaying GUI windows without the unused baggage that comes along with X11? X11 demands many kinds of functionality that people do not use in actual practice today so Wayland exists to remove that needless baggage. Did you know that X11 is not incompatible with Wayland? Legacy X11 applications can work on Wayland using the Weston-X11 server.

You are definitely retarded if you think it's because they loved Wayland so much.

Yeah, things like network functionality which nobody uses In The Real World™, the number one bullshitting phrase. Everything that's not the FDO faggots' phones or desktops simply doesn't exist, as we have learned very well by now. And if you tell me to use a virtual desktop you can be glad I don't know where you live. Or what about the retardation that is client-side decorations?

You can still use your precious X11 with Wayland. X11 is not going away in the near future. I am running Weston/Wayland right now on a laptop that has 8GB RAM. I have an X11 client of Firefox running on my desktop machine that has 20GB RAM and the server is running on my laptop with Weston. Wayland didn't come to remove X11 from existance. Wayland came because of the many people who have no need of X11 functionality.

I can also just not use Wayland. What, every time some retard makes an "improvement" I have to "upgrade", no questions asked?
Literally every sentence by you and other Wayland shills suggests otherwise. It wouldn't be the first time FDO kills something useful either.
Another subtle lie where you make it sound like the users demanded it or something. The users give exactly zero shits. Most developers also give exactly zero shits, unless some waylandtard comes and tells them to implement window decorations for the sake of "progress".

Your arguments are strawmen arguments. You say that purpose of the developers developing Wayland is to kill the X11 protocol. This is false.

If it's a strawman, you'd agree that you can simply not update and the users didn't demand anything. Then why exactly do you always write like a PR department under the implicit assumption that everyone has to upgrade? It's never "so don't use it" or "this doesn't matter to you", it's always "Wayland supports that, install it today".

Weston is just a reference compositor, it's not intended to be used.

You could use Kwin Wayland or Sway...

Weston is indeed the reference compositor and it is intended to be practical for normal use. It's just like X.org which is the reference X11 implementation and it is also intended for practical normal use.

Does wayland have dependencies on any other FDO garbage?

I didn't find anything about dependencies on wayland.freedesktop.org/ but something like this in the README file

wayland is literally just a xml document of protocals.
any dependencies are a result of the compositor, example compostitors would be wlroots and wlc, everything really depends on how someone wishes to implement it.
It's kinda like NetWM in that way, i don't see openbox/fluxbox taking dependencies on freedesktop shit like systemd ever.

The entire point of Wayland is to kill X11 some day by making everything migrate to it.
X11 is so shit it's developers just want it to die already. Everything your applications do with X11 is just a workaround to get the "window" image from the toolkit (GTK/Qt/whatever you use) to the window manager. X11 adds lots of time by discussing all kinds of bullshit X11 extensions with the program/toolkit when it actualy just wants to send the image to the screen.
You do. It's the reason X11 is so unreactive(updates are slow) and your applications take so long to start up.

You mean sending the image X11 recieved from the tookit to somewhere else, badly compressed?
You can do that with a VNC and the usage scenario for what you claim is important is just not there.

wrong XML is bloat

fair arguement i also reject reality, gravity and sanitation is a needless and bloated part of life.

Please leave, your too logical to be on Zig Forums

You sound like a unicucks weenie to me LOL.

Wayland is useless. X11 is useful and great. Discussing extension matters with programs is a great way to just call them instead of remaking them or whatever. Besides, since X11 is so old, it is coded in the old, true and efficient ways, instead of the new (((sjwized))) and (((bloated))) ones.

I can tell that you've never done any programming with the X11 protocol before. This makes nothing but a LARPer.

Ah yes, that's why it requires 100+ round trips to render literally nothing.

Attached: topkek.jpeg (863x1200, 82.19K)

Oh look, it's the usual FDO "we already sabotaged it so it's okay if we kill it" spiel. Gee, if toolkits send bitmaps over the wire for antialiased fonts (yes, really), then clearly networking is useless. Figures that Waylandtards think everything uses a toolkit though, explains the client-side decoration retardation.
You have
(a) never used VNC
(b) never used network transparency
Maybe both. Otherwise you wouldn't peddle this dogshit as a replacement.

Can you provide a bench mark?

Attached: 45678097567.jpg (480x360, 14.01K)

A benchmark of what? Did you quote the wrong post?

Wayland was never intended to be an X11 replacement. This is because it was never designed to do what X11. The reason why this is is because X11 will continue as it has always been doing. It's not going away.

install Vista

by knowing C

X11 is unix bigotry, checkmate Cnile

Yes. ssh and vnc. No one uses X in actual practice because X's network is basically just a shitty vnc without compression and long waiting times to fetch window events.

>post making bullshit claims about VNC and X networking capabilities* it's not transparent it's capable
Please, show me the difference.

Mongoloid.