I spent an hour and a half making this hyper autism, unreadable chart of all the imageboard software I could find...

I spent an hour and a half making this hyper autism, unreadable chart of all the imageboard software I could find. Anything I should add?

Attached: ib2.jpg (1000x936, 281.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/guix.html#Invoking-guix-graph
tanami.org/overscript/
tanami.org/over/index2.pl
archive.is/DyKYm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NNTP wasn't forked from Tinyboard. Other than that, looks ok.

There's 3 engines that have come up here but I don't see any of them; BlazeChan (inspired by infinity next), Nanochan, and Meguca.

Maybe you could use something like this
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/guix.html#Invoking-guix-graph

Add textboard, bbs and forum software

You should add arrows instead of lines. In some cases it can be very confusing.

Also a tree structure, hierarchy and a time line

Will do. Timeline won't be perfect because dates are iffy but I can make things that definitely happened later happen later.

No, because this will take until around the time the sun collapses into a chunk of coal the size of your forehead.

Here's what I've made so far.

Attached: diagram.png (2683x992, 125.09K)

Dotted lines are inspiration, solid lines are forks.

Not him, but the mass of the Sun is to low to turn into such a small piece of coal. Actually it is going to turn into a white dwarf and then planet-size chunk of carbon.

too low*

Its a reference to a Dilbert strip.

You call this autism?

Just organising it better would go a long way towards making it more understandable.

Attached: lines.png (2001x1128, 137.64K)

everything will freeze

Instant0chan is a fork of Kusaba X.

Once you're finished, and it's all confirmed, upload to wikimedia commons and add it as an image for the imageboard article

Overchan oldie, what are you retards doing?

According to my sources, nntpchan is based off srnd which is based off inn2

nntpchan is based off srnd which is based of inn2

OP, I'm using your image. Do you want to state a license? CC0? CC-BY-SA?

also dibord is based of nntpchan

This is way better than my version, but has a few errors, all due to my version being unclear as fuck pr just plain wrong. Ninechan took inspiration from user talk, not the other way around, Futaba it turns out is based on Gazou BBS which is related to 2ch, and NNTPchan is not based on vichan at all.

What program did you use for this?

CC0 sounds good.

I thought that it was OP's revision. This is what I was using. Please define a license?

Oh and all the forks of Kusaba you listed are actually forks of Kusaba X except for Kusaba 2

I just used draw.io, I didn't have anything installed locally.

I could revise it with corrections if OP doesn't want to redo his.

OCDNS license (Original Content Do Not Steal)

This should be a license

Looks like OP left. Also add blazechan.

Also Lynxchan is inspired by infinity not forked.

searching the imageboard or image-board tags on github (and other git hosts if they have tags or search) bring up some results that are missing from here.

tanami.org/overscript/

tanami.org/over/index2.pl

The first modern image board didn't come from 2ch, but the image board section of World2ch. A completely different website that moot lurked and cloned the IB section from to make 4chan

This should be added somewhere. Too many newfags don't know what world2ch was and keep parroting the false premise that 4chan was cloned from 2ch. I don't even fucking think 2ch has an image board section. At least not one that resembles western IBs

archive.is/DyKYm
World2ch came after futaba, newfag.
Futaba was founded on August 30, 2001 as an image-based counterpart to the text-only 2ch.
Also, from what i remember there was little evidence to proove that moot actually stole any code. even though it was the basis of a large amount of drama.

I never said moot stole any code, I said he cloned it which is different. Also 4chans old index.php source code was leaked back in 2014 so we know none of it was stolen

Also, I didn't say world2ch was the first IB in general, but the first modern IB. World2ch IIRC introduced the "Name Email Subject New Thread textbox" format that everyone after copied including 8ch itself

For the first few years there used to be a link to the PHP source code for 4chan on every page, in keeping with the open source original.

Other people actually did the coding work, because "the guy whose only job was to register the domain name" was fucking retarded and couldn't code very well--actually breaking the board several times when he tried to do something.

Sometime in ?mid 2005, moot ~illegally~ made the board code closed-source -- around the time he decided to start logging everyone and things like wordfilters and automatic bans appeared.

Halfchans source was never licensed anyways. Very few people remember or were even around when you could still view the php code