I'm so sorry

I don't know why I ever doubted you Zig Forums. I did the dumb shit. I got a new laptop without even considering wether or not it had a chiclet keyboard, and wether or not it had a glossy screen.

It has both. It's so bad. I want to blow my fucking brains out.I never know where the fuck I am on the damn keyboard. It's like typing blind. I kind of just hope the keys are there.

The glossy screen is more tolerable, but it's still bad. Random shit reflects in it so obviously and can make it hard to concentrate on what I'm typing.

I heard you guys complalin about these things and thought it was just whiny sthitposting, but damn, this shit sucks.

accidentally posted this on /b/ the firs time.

Attached: edgysuicide.png (1000x600, 328.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nixos.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Those are GOAT btw. I threw away my chrrey mx blue keyboard once I realized that it's a meme and bought a cheap chiclet keyboard.

Wtf. Are you dumb? Cherry MX Blues are the best. If you don't like the clickity clackity you should have bought an mx brown.

Mechanical is a meme. Especially Cherry MX Blue.

There's low profile keycaps if that bothers you. If you don't bottom out cherry mx blues aren't that loud. If you really can't stand the clicks there's brown switches.

Gentoo is a meme, mechanical keyboard aren't.

Yeah I really like spending an additional 100 bucks.
Objectively false. Also how the fuck do you not bottom them out while typing?
But rubberdome exists.

I tried a rubber dome keyboard the other day. Geez i couldn't even write with it. It felt mushy and 1/4 of the times i pressed a key it wouldn't register since i'm not used to mash my keyboard like a dumbass.
It's a matter of getting use to it. If you need help you can install some o-rings to prevent the bottoming out.

lol
It's a matter of a shit switch. Why the fuck would you design a switch so that the trigger isn't at or near the bottom?
Just face it already. Mechanical keyboards are memed up so that retards like you buy these overprized pieces of shit.

That's not what i've sad. You don't have to be particularly smart, it simply requires to be gentle and to type in a different way.

You can buy a cheap mechanical keyboard for 30/40 euros with cherry mx replicas (outemus, gaterons etc).
The switch it's designed to register the keypress before bottoming out, this way you don't have to put too much force into typing, you can type faster and without having to bottom out hurting your fingers.
Blue MX are recommended for beginners (but you can continue to use them if you like the sound) because they train you not to bottom out. As soon as you hear the click you're done, you don't have to press anymore the press was registered. When you get used to it and don't need the acustic feedback anymore you can switch to mx browns that only have the tactic feedback.

I unironically love Gentoo. It's the only distro I use anymore.

LOL. You can buy ten non-meme keyboards for 30/40 euros.
Protip: Non-meme switches don't require much force.

It's not a bad distro, but his strongest point it's also its weakest. Having to wait every time to compile the packages during an update sucks.

I personally use arch and don't plan to distrohop anymore any time soon.
The wiki is great, the AUR is Ok (kinda), but its biggest problem is not having a debug repo for KDE/Qt packages. And this really sucks because i would love to contribute to the KDE project and fix broken stuff.
Again, i could compile all the KDE/Qt packages from 0, but i don't want to.

Maybe i could solve this with bedrock linux. Using Fedora/Opensuse tumbleweed as a base distro and Arch for its large repositories and the AUR.

Protip: Non-meme switches don't require much force.
It depends on the keyboard. Sure there are some heavy duty mx switches for mandingo's hands like the cherry mx blacks but from what i experienced keyboard that are not worn out require generally more force. After some use though they become so bland and so mushy that i cannot use them anymore, expecially the most used keys such as WASD. The key thing is the consistence of the switches.

Yeah, my desktop and laptop both have 8 threads. I only worry about compile times if I'm compiling something like gcc or libreoffice.

You're not on Windows, where such thing would indeed halt the machine to a grind. Just use PORTAGE_NICENESS and PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND.

Install NixOS
nixos.org

You guys did this to yourself.

I always use my laptop with a mechanical keyboard and a monitor attached to it tbh.

>>>/g/

What are you talking about bruv? I'm no intel fan i just happen to have an old i5 4th gen on my main desktop. Already planning to switch to Ryzen this summer but DDR4 is so fricking expensive. And even with a ryzen not going to compile my packages from 0 for nothing.

Attached: Me at the zoo-jNQXAC9IVRw.webm (320x240, 603.97K)