Needless torment

>it's been defunct for years
Why isn't this the default behavior, just try to compile something, and if it doesn't work "do you want to install the following dependencies, y/n"?

Do Linux devs just have masochistic tendencies?

Attached: paura4.jpg (451x300, 19.24K)

because why implement such a dumb BUT CONVENIENT thing?
better force the user to search for all that shit in debian repos
see, this is why wonfows has over 90% of the market, it's the little things like this that add up together and make the comfyness

Attached: 2000 FUCKING 4.png (1280x720 150.54 KB, 73.12K)

This is a real PEBKAC issue. Use a file manager, problem solved.

what if I have autismo and prefer to do this from filepicker?

I'm afraid to say you have the autism. This manifests in you having you kill yourself.

haha, upvote!

One of the reasons why I switched to gentoo. No hassle with package being split into the binary and -dev,

The devs should have listed all the actual dependencies in README, otherwise they're a bunch of faggots.

Chances are they can't because their turd has ten million transitive dependencies. Gnomeshit is so overly complex that it ships with a tool that generates the command line arguments to include all the libraries when you are compiling.

If you don't have code reuse in the form of libraries, this means that there is a significant amount of wheel reinventing going on. Code reuse is a good thing resulting in higher programmer efficiency and a quicker time for delivering the software.

sometimes its not even that easy. i have seen thing where you just have to guess what it is from the build errors. file search on package managers for whatever the error was about may work but sometimes theres more than one results so you just have to try them until it works.

Thanks for Bob's 13 simple programming wisdoms, but you ignored the "overly complex" part.

Of course. "Overly complex" simply means "I want fewer libraries to import into my program". It doesn't matter if there are fewer numbers or greater numbers, it doesn't change the fact that we can segregate domains of concern into libraries.

No, overly complex means "the developers themselves don't trust anyone (maybe not even themselves) to know what code their users pull in" here, which is a colossal red flag. A simple program that needs 12 packages when at most it should be able to do with 2 or so is not bad because that's just like my opinion man. It has actual consequences for security and maintainability, you sophist.

That's not really any better if you're trying to compile something that isn't in the repo, and has deps that aren't already installed.

dependencies are bloat.

The only other alternative is compiling every single program on your computer into one smushed together binary blob like BusyBox

Attached: javascript-electron-logo-s.jpg (800x600, 127.08K)

Welcome to the world of halfchub os (a.k.a gahnu PLUS loonix)

Heres a soluton: how about none of that.
You don't need fifteen hundred dependencies to play a simple game of minesweeper. But using linux definitly would've made you think you did.

Plus, the trade off is space for reliability. No one in modern day gives that much a shit over harddrive space, with most people having atleast 200gb on even the cheapest 20 dollar laptop.

the storage is there for my files not some shitty bloated programs

Counter-example: JQuery for Pythonic usage of Javascript

We need better core libraries, which is why JS is cancer and Python is not.

Python is dogshit

you are 15 and can write 'hello world' in 12 different languages 3 of which you don't think are shit.

you are also retarded, but that is inferred here

You're right; Python is so great and should be used for all kinds of programming libraries. Tensorflow totally doesn't call out to cpp for IO shit because Python is just so wonderful.
I guess I'm just a silly 15 year old no-coder :^)
code monkey detected

I don't and no one should. Nice strawman though.