Was I pwned?

I just received this email claiming that my PC has been compromised for months and my data is about to be sent to all my contacts.

Has any of you received something similar? It does come from my very own mailbox so it is possible someone else has the password; but his claims seem kinda strange considering I don't reuse passwords, especially not the cock.li password.

So how likely are these claims? Should I burn all my devices now?

Attached: screenshot.png (516x764, 68.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spoofing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dunno try asking >>>/g/ they're experts at this stuff.

Hahaha so snarky fam upvoted

If Russian hackers can hack in to the elections and take millions of votes off Hillary and give them to Drumpf they can easily hack your emails.

Attached: i cri evytime.webm (1280x720, 5.98M)

Any retard can send you an email from your own address. Check the headers to see where your mta got it from.

i have got multiple of those in multiple languages. i just think that its funny since they write about windows stuff and i dont use windows.

This. I've gotten shit like this all the time, and they're always bullshit. If you're concerned, just run a virus scan and change all your passwords.

just delete the email

They always threated to send embarassing content to my contacts on social media even though I dont have social media.

I forgot to check the headers. Naturally, it was sent from another email account.

I'm fucking retarded.

seems like they have changed the text. i cant believe that there are people that fall for these.

Attached: a.png (1014x681, 82.12K)

The real surprising thing is that there's people who fell for the Nigerian Prince scam.
Wew.

Theres a lot of scams going about but I personally got contacted by a real nigerian price and Im waiting for a few million to clear in to my account now. (I already paid the clearence fee by western union)

Its just luck I guess.

Attached: real scott.jpg (600x741, 60.86K)

yes, send them your credit card and they'll fix the issue

i have one of those somewhere too. its fun to read them and i never even belong to their target groups

Attached: a.png (955x700, 60.36K)

I got one of them a couple years back lmao

Attached: Nigerian Prince.PNG (1409x530, 87.52K)

how does that work?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spoofing

if youre email was hacked they, they would just change your bank passwords and steal your money.

I get you didn't know that you could just your email, user. But even then, this is extremely obvious, even though this is admittedly a pretty well written, you can easily tell if it's a scam by the language they use.

Intentionally vague, already an obvious scam.

Shot himself on the foot, why wouldn't he send you one as proof?

If I were trying to scam people like this I would at least just outright claim I know they have cp, sure people who know they don't would just discard it, but then at least it would be more likely to work on the targeted victims.

spoof your email*

If you've interacted with the average citizen in any kind of job or work environment you'd actually realize how unsurprising this is.

I would guess a minimum of 30% of email users don't even know their own passwords let alone how to spot a phishing scam etc.

Don't you have a yolo contingency plan for this? If my habits were outed to everyone I know I'd just pack it up and move to Australia and start a new life. Get some bang for yor buck instead of giving it to some basement dwelling cunt

I just got a similar email of a guy saying he has my password and saying hes gonna send video of me masturbating to all my contacts kek. He actually has an actual password of mine, but it's one I haven't used in maybe 5 years. So I guess these fucks just go through hack dumps and take the passwords from there and try to extort people with it.

post video pls

I got something similar. Best part is I have no contacts.

It did freak me out for a sec that he had one of my passwords.