Firefox 67 > Hate it or Despise it?

This new piece of Chromeware comes with:

I rate it a: “Switch to Basilisk/Pale Moon you Dumbass Court Monkey!” out of 10.

Attached: DC47C821-6385-4CCD-8854-45864C74B7B1.png (1200x1200, 254.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

basilisk-browser.org/
chinafirewalltest.com/?siteurl=https://www.basilisk-browser.org/
isitdownrightnow.com/basilisk-browser.org.html
filehorse.com/download-basilisk-browser-64/
filerobin.com/browsers-and-plugins/basilisk-browser-2019-03-08-32-bit/
downforeveryoneorjustme.com/basilisk-browser.org
down.com/
us.basilisk-browser.org/release/basilisk-latest.linux64.tar.bz2
eu.basilisk-browser.org/release/basilisk-latest.linux64.tar.bz2
jp.basilisk-browser.org/release/basilisk-latest.linux64.tar.bz2
send.firefox.com/
8ch.net/googlecensorship2019/index.html
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases/tag/firefox-legacy-1.16.4.11
addons.palemoon.org,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

need to switch to something else on the laptop too

Does its website load for everyone? I can't access it, maybe I need to use a VPN.

That's not new?????

Idk, try it yourself.
It's open source anyway:
basilisk-browser.org/

And it looks fine to me:
chinafirewalltest.com/?siteurl=https://www.basilisk-browser.org/

It is once it's directly in your toolbar.

Attached: Capture.PNG (358x455, 21.57K)

Nearly forgot:
isitdownrightnow.com/basilisk-browser.org.html

And in case it is blocked for some reason:
filehorse.com/download-basilisk-browser-64/
filerobin.com/browsers-and-plugins/basilisk-browser-2019-03-08-32-bit/

Only a matter of time before you need to sign in before using the browser.

Well, I don't have that button. Are you aware that the elements in the toolbar can be customized?
Good thread btw

>chinafirewalltest
I've never even been to China.

downforeveryoneorjustme.com/basilisk-browser.org , down.com/ , and various other sites too. I've actually tested it already with the first one I linked.
>filehorse.com/download-basilisk-browser-64/
>filerobin.com/browsers-and-plugins/basilisk-browser-2019-03-08-32-bit/
of course. I wonder if Basilisk is in any Linux distros' repos or if I need to compile it. Or if it's even worth using it instead of Pale Moon. Is Pale Moon even actually secure?

It's not new and it's easy to remove.
So let me get this straight: first you're mad because they're disabling extensions on private mode by default (because those extensions can and will gather data on your private tabs) and then you're mad because it's now possible to save some info from private tabs? Make up your mind.

And no, Firefox doesn't "Save Password even on Private Mode." it merely asks users if they wish to save their passwords.

God, I hate nu-tech. How much of a nigger monkey do you have to be to use standard Firefox, at all? Let alone like it?
I shouldn't be surprised when the mods are retarded enough to disable posting with a VPN for such a long amount of time, though. I'm only staying because I'm a masochist who enjoys seeing things rot.

better than the dead alternatives like icecat. last release of it was over 6 months ago so its full of vulnerabilities.

If you're using librejs properly, a significant portion those vulnerabilities are meaningless. Those vulnerabilities work because they have unlimited access to Javascript which can be used to overwrite the boundaries that are supposed to be.

You never specified that you use Linux.
I'll give you the direct link, but the Linux version only supports 64-bit computers. Pale Moon is the 32-bit alternative.

us.basilisk-browser.org/release/basilisk-latest.linux64.tar.bz2
eu.basilisk-browser.org/release/basilisk-latest.linux64.tar.bz2
jp.basilisk-browser.org/release/basilisk-latest.linux64.tar.bz2

Are you genuinely retarded or just pretending? His complaint is that even though it disables extensions to prevent saving data from private tabs it still saves data from private tabs.

You got any better alternatives Richard?

We were already at that point when they started killing XUL extensions. Now we're at "Wallow in your own filth you dumb motherfucker" out of 10

kek. I remember when someone said it was dead last summer. Then the repo updated the next day.

Says a lot about you. Sync button is old as dirt.

The private-browsing-disabling-new-addons-by-default thing is fucking annoying to me, but after talking to normie friends they apparently use private browsing as a sort of fresh-start deal and having their six gorrillion pinterest facebook bullshit icons turned off there is what they want, and they just manually whitelist uBlock Origin.
I use temporary containers on every new tab by default, and don't have AIDS addons installed in the first place, so I wouldn't have thought of such a thing.
Sync is also a really useful feature. I use a ton of devices and all my bookmarks, tabs, etc are seamlessly available, and E2E encrypted. Feels good.

poasting in a google thread

But Servo is cool.

Why are you still using (((firefox)))?

based

>hurr durr why do you use ((({any browser})))
what's the alternative?

There is no reason, besides the unfortunate situation where you need (a) web extension(s), to use Mozilla Firefox instead of Pale Moon.
Change my mind.
t. Ungoogled Chromium user (most of the time. It is dependent on Google, unlike Pale Meme. Pale Meme also is faster with everything that isn't JavaShit)
I should have stayed on alt-chans

Attached: 1524541300829.jpg (639x437 129.5 KB, 139.78K)

The alternative is to modify the Firefox source code.

I had installed a Linux distro for someone that came preloaded with Firefox recently. Since when does it have that retarded homepage? Who the fuck outside HIV-positive iButtplug wifi-connected rainbow dick San-Francisco cares about any of the drivel (((news))) they put on there? Fuck that, man. I don't need/want to see ZOG propaganda approved for consumption for niggers everytime I open the 'net. Shove that kikefeed up your curly-haired pozzed jew asshole, mozilla.

Change the homepage. problem solved.

No one mentions Firefox Send: send.firefox.com/
Up to 1GB without account.

shill?

retard?

they make things like this instead of fixing things like the disgusting filepicker that they have probably used over 20 years now.

retard
The filepicker is not made by Mozilla.

They're using the ESR. Yes, much vulns for what amounts to non-adventurous browsing: social media, the same news websites, company websites.

Firefox, IceCat, TBB have about:config Get into it, its fun!

Guess you're right, my bad.

it uses esr but the last stable release of it was over 6 months ago. the official firefox esr updates much more. now they have a new release in the git but even that will be outdated when/if it gets released to the gnu ftp.

i've built basilisk yesterday but other than some redditor cunts shitting on the browser, didn't see anything about adding ublock origin to it. how am i supposed to get my ff57+ addons on it?

if you're on loonucks, the filepicker comes with gtk you fucking retard.

PLEASE WATCH THIS : 8ch.net/googlecensorship2019/index.html

Stop spamming every thread with this shit, you fucking loser.

Latest "legacy" strand of ublock origin that works with pale meme/bashitlisk is here: github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases/tag/firefox-legacy-1.16.4.11 , it is updated periodically.
There's an auto-updater for it on addons.palemoon.org, as well as their custom fork of uMatrix.

Attached: sample_4611ba247133b28071ada04334c168fa.jpg (850x916, 129.91K)

I don't think anyone here is a fan of sorosware.

oldschool web (plain HTML), gopher, ftp, traditional BBS, MUD, Usenet, or whatever else doesn't need millions of lines of code and botnet CPU to print some text on the screen or download an image or other binary file

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 116.29K)

Another fucking browser thread.

The answer was and always is GNU IceCat.

Attached: librebrainlet.png (683x600, 98.55K)

I'd much prefer Firefox to an absolute Blink monopoly.

Oh yes, the old disable Javascript and disable CSS solution. It's perfect.

lole

Attached: regedit_exe.gif (508x208, 4.92K)

Attached: 54c42cb60141c319d1bedd34cc05838bdcbb93fcaca7d701db9e74b74de81107.jpg (225x225, 5.53K)

Not good enough, because your modern web browser is millions of lines of code. And that means it's not just more buggy and exploitable due to that, but it also requires botnet hardware in order to run okay.

This

The point of using a normalfag browser isn't so you can access your u63r 1331 h@x0r LARP meme sites, but so you can interface with normalfag society, and do your job/banking/taxes/research/accessing popculture to pirate/etc.

(checked)
And this. If you think the web sucks now, it's nothing compared to what would happen if Gecko died without a replacement, now that MS's Edge & Opera's Presto are gone.

then don't sync, and autistically walk around with a browser usb stick like it's 2007; it's been in the thing for years.
addons can contain tracking components, letting them through while browsing is retarded.
arguable; if you don't use sync and trust them it's just a locally stored file, no different than a local password store program. You really shouldn't be logging in if your goal is to be private though.

about:config is just a browser internal editor for the prefs.js config file

I do like they added a dns over https option into the network config if you're not autistic enough to set it up yourself on the host system.

I really wish they'd build the functionality of noscript into the base browser, it's just as if not more privacy invasive than cookies which every browser doesn't blink about letting you configure access for

only if you have terminal autism and configure it yourself or your distro packaged it with that. literally just did it a couple weeks back needed to install some crap then set an environment variable.

There's gotta be more alternative options than palemoon; brave, those desktop enviroment browser(konqueror, gnome web, falcon) maybe terminal browsers like dillo

A lot of people are using those bloated browsers on this site though, which is the last place you need Firefox. Everything here works fine in Lynx.

If you’re a Windowsfag are you just better off using Microsoft Edge vs Chrome at this point? Yeah they’re pretty much the same in terms of privacy and security and even use the same rendering engine now, but at least Edge comes installed by default so you don’t have to feel like you’re adding more bloat
Or is Microsoft still somehow worse at this point?
How come the perfect browser can never exist? Why can’t we just get a Chromium based browser that has trustable source code and is fucking normal?

Attached: 06B23F1A-2B9C-4B9F-9EC6-0190AA0A92EA.jpeg (661x576, 178.18K)

I ditched that when they ditched XUL.
It's obvious they want to become Chrome 2.0

Because poppa Goigle are the primary custody of the source code.

So you got nothing?

Attached: 1465747843091.png (480x360, 164.4K)