MX Linux > General Thread

What's not to love about it? I'd love to hear from you...

Attached: Logo-MX_big.png (1200x1200, 7.15K)

Yeah, it's debian.

What in the fuck are you talking about, it's just debian wtih xfce.

Yeah, it's debian.

So debian, ok.

So Debian with disabled systemd, ok.

Sage for distro thread. this has to be the worst so far.

Debian doesn't just werk. You need to tweak it a lot for a desktop. MX just werks as is.

It has an easy and safer way of mixing stable with backports from testing etc? Idk

Why use SysV when you have runit and OpenRC? Much autism such wow.

Also the community of MX doesn't spam you "lmfao why you using Debian on a desktop gtfo from muh forum pleb"

i used debian stable with xfce on a laptop some years ago. it worked fine for me without any tweaking.

unbased

based

unbased

unbased

Refuse to switch back to GNU/Linux until the faggots over at Realtek decide to finally build a decent driver and merge it into the Linux Kernel.

Also MX Linux would be the last choice for me. Rolling-release or bust. Project is far too new to be tolerable. Solus looks like a good option but it lacks dkms so it makes it very difficult to compile out of kernel firmware modules.

what did they mean with this? all my crabware work fine on linux

Out of kernel modules need to be recompiled every time your kernel changes which means if you are using an out of kernel networking module (like an USB-based AC Adapter) you need to recompile every time and you cannot use your adapter when you first install.

Also Realtek AC adaptors have horrible Linux compatibility know for being buggy af.

It isn't that bad, just annoying.

I love it so far, faster than Xfce Mint on my shitty laptop too. Anyway, people will always shit on new popular distros.

Attached: terry.gif (300x424, 2.56M)

dumped it when I couldn't run a shell script because of some dumb error

Rat spotted

guise, What's AntiX?

I tried it and I don't like it, too much bloat and pulseaudio was giving me problems. AntiX (the distro it's based on) however is about as good as you can expect from a Debian-based distro, and I highly recommend it.

A super lightweight distro created by a commie who wants you to squeeze the most use out of old machines rather than buy a new machine before you absolutely need to.

I mean, seriously, he's called anticapitalista.

Also invites you to add a "mugshot" along with your personal details to your user account.

but does it even use runit? sysv and openrc are bloat and waste lots of memory on very old machines.

It's based on debian and uses aptitude.

its not very light then

absolutely awful

yes it does. i would install devuan instead because i don't like systemd.

it sucks. it's just as bad as mx linux.

So, I was going through the ratings on MX Linux and laughing because some users are just faggots.
Here are some screenshots of lower ratings and my thots.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (604x137, 23.9K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (605x110, 15.75K)

oh yeah

not very cash of you to be quite honest right now, family

The best part is iPhone integration.