Growing online presents

We all know the internet is pozzed to shit but some of us still enjoy making videos on old tech and obscure hardware. If you wanted to grow a tech channel but wanted to stay as anonymous as possible outside of your voice how would you do it? What would you do to promote the channel and get your viewer counts up?

If you want to be autistic then imagine you're trying to make a channel to promote good open source software and avoid the SJW pozzing of everything

Attached: 1f02592b6099910913d394148c621476c3ed98e3a6d9114cbd5b823189a2d7df.jpg (600x394, 46.89K)

that's not how that fucking works.

Media Goblin

As possible. don't put your face out there ever. Just be a talking pair of hands

Put your hands on your desk and film them from above and make sure you make it somewhat entertaining and don't use complicated words otherwise you'll lose people's attention, pic related.

Attached: phrasing.jpg (1267x1267, 226.48K)

It didn't last forever but the dude who calls himself Mr. Metokur was able to stay anonymous for years (about a decade) despite making videos and appearing on livestreams. Pretty much the only precaution he took was not showing his face.

Tell it to Doomcock.

Attached: AAuE7mDXLZrR2k_eP02LdP4frF0yiNJBN-cpqNDguQ=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no.jpg (900x900, 73.78K)

It took a long time to even figure out which state that cocksucker lives in

Create a main website. Write articles regularly and have a widget that will automatically share new posts to your social media pages without having to really manage them. Do promotion on social media but don't rely on an given site. Just use social media as a way to extend the reach of your content.

Put your videos on every video sharing site and put a link in the video description back to your actual website. Have lots of mirrors in case they get taken down. Try to automate your video posting process so after you make a video it will share to YouTube and mirror on other sites. Try to do this as much as possible.

Search engine optimization. Make sure you write good content. Best bet is to write human readable content instead of SEO copywriting and then rely on people to share your content on social media or blog and forum posts rather than. Spell check all of your articles. Make them MLA compliant etc. Validate your markup with W3C validator it's like spell check but for HTML.

Link build the fuck out of it.

Do a keyword and competition analysis with any free keyword suggestion tool. Best bet is get keywords that are easy but don't produce a lot of searches and as your link popularity goes up and you can start getting better keywords with higher search volume start copywriting and link building for those keywords. Put the keyword in your link's anchor text. This is primarily what tells people and search engines what your site is about.

Go to conferences where people who are in your field go and hand out business cards. Sometimes people will mention you on social media or in a blog post. Good way to get free ads. If you use a forum put a link to your main website or video channel in your forum signature. When you are making credible sounding posts in forums and whatnot people are likely to visit your site and if they like it share with others.

Blog rolls. If you already have a blog blog roll the link to your main site. This helps with search engine link popularity and keyword popularity as well.

Link begging. Make a post on your favorite board just saying something like Hey anons I've been posting on Zig Forums for a while please share a link to the site with your friends.

Also another thought is do entry level, intermediate, and advanced concepts. This way you are reaching the broadest possible audience. If you go really niche with 1337 content you'll have a pretty small audience. If you go full on script kiddy, the more hardcore users will shy away. Have transitional content.

Couple of channels and YouTubers that are good examples. HAK5 and all of the spin off shows like Threatwire, Metasploit Minute, etc are good production value the people in the videos present the content well and topics covered appeal people of varying skills level, background, interest, etc.

Luke Smith's YouTube channel is 1337 content and complete autism and tech memes but because it's pretty niche there aren't a ton of subscribers. Good channel but not something mass marketable.

Thenewboston covers software development in multiple programming languages and beginner, intermediate, and some advanced topics like networking, crypto, game development, etc, with over 4300 videos and 2million + subscribers. And unlike most of the coding tutorials on YouTube now Bucky speaks English a first language so you understand what he is talking about. If you are learning a new programming language and you can't figure something out from the reference material just lookup whatever the topic is and you'll probably find one of Bucky's videos.

Attached: c.jpg (900x675, 222.89K)

That sounds really extreme amount of work to put in just to grow a sustainable youtube channel. i.e. you have enough patreons to cover your cost in making videos.

Buy a mic specific to this identity and don't show your face. Don't share stuff about your personal life.

doing that all the time is retarded
break it down and keep only whats effective

Social media is a massive grind, but the average person doesn't notice it since it's meant to be used persistently.

For the things I want to get across like my artwork or favorite niche game, with the exception of self-written literature, I technically get more exposure just by posting on Zig Forums. Whereas the same level of exposure, I'd need some years on social media (or to buy retweets, views, and follows).

thats because one of those is a closed platform and the other is a open one where anyone can freely see and comment on things. on the social medias no one sees your shit if they arent following you and even then the system will not show your shit to all the followers.

I hate to recommend it, but wouldn't Reddit be a better place to viral than 8ch?

Don't social media sites have APIs? You could write a script that automates the process so you don't have to log in and write each message individually.

I wouldn't know. When I said I get more exposure by posting on Zig Forums. I meant as a comparison to any usual platform.

A new account on YouTube, Twitch, or whatever will get 10-30 views, 0 comments on its own, and to get more you have to comment and link everywhere to get your name out there. (grind)

The same case for things like Deviantart.

But a webm to a Webm thread, or drawing in a draw thread. While you can't directly track view counts, good video or art will at least you get (You)s, an user will save it, and pretty sure at least few hundred lurkers will see it. E.g posting in a draw thread, and going somewhere like infinity.moe, I've gotten, "oh I've seen that."

If you just want to get your point across, inform, or entertain, then posting on Zig Forums is time efficient. If you're looking to make side money, it's tough luck besides maybe BTC/XMR donations (I've only known these for webapps and services like cock.li and invidio.us), but for good reason.

And that’s only because he once commented on his Minnesotan accent in a livestream a few years back.

The downside with shilling your stuff on an imageboard is that you associate your name with imageboards as well. Unless you keep a separate identity, someone five years later down the road will find out about how you were a prominent member of the evil white nationalist Pepe Trump-supporting antisemite Nazi website and make sure you get blacklisted from every industry. Reddit is a much more kosher option

I keep a separate identity, but

This is very interesting, I've never thought about open vs closed platform

you are wrong, op