Why the fuck is gtk3 such a bloat compared to 2?

Seriously, look at how they both structure their themes. GTK2 has pretty much one fucking file to edit a theme, and it's easy to understand. On the other hand, gtk3 has 16 - which take about 500KB compared to the former's single 30KB file. And here I was thinking I'm almost done with my xfce theme - looks like I'm not going to finish it in this lifetime.

Has the tech world in general went astray? Are they missing the point of what software is supposed to accomplish? Simpler is better as long as it does what's needed, and gtk2 did...This also applies to browsers (obviously), init systems (you know the culprit...), everything. How free does FOSS make us these days, really?

Attached: bloatware.jpg (630x450, 29K)

UNIX is bloatware in itself.

Freedom is all about personal responsibility. You are as free as the amount you're willing to invest into yourself. If you're willing to invest little of yourself, that's just your own problem.

all that bloat but they still couldnt make a good filepicker

Apparently this is a thing.
You should remove gtk3 I found out it had probably a backdoor and kept giving gvfs and the cloud thing my cpu time and also some obscure network I couldn't trace before.
I immediately stopped using it, also red hat is cia nigger and proponent of shit like systemd or wayland 'remote desktop' so the law enforcement and gniggers could just use a GUI app to snoop on anonymous' desktop usage

Attached: dev.png (488x458, 25.72K)

Also gtk2 if you can. Anything involving red hat CIA, fedora, gnome. Seriously hope the outreachy fuck them up.

so time to install kde then?

kde has some shit dependencies.

I'm running on gentoo and exclusively use gtk2. Gets harder and harder though. X11 has so many window toolkits, quite a few that are also a lot less pozzed in their neghole. Shame nobody really uses them.

It's deliberate. They don't like users being able to change things and they want it removed. They just knew that they couldn't get away with doing it outright, so they're using the salami method.

all i really need gtk for is a decent browser and maybe a file manager but there might be something else for that somewhere.

because muh css

The main problem with GTK+ is people maintaining it made "performance is not important" their motto. Also RedHat develops it. Corporations often don't care about the software quality or if it's bloated, because they have a lot of manpower they can spend on doing unnecessary things.

Because of the GNU > Redhat management transition.

gtk2 is based and gnupilled

can firefox or its forks still be compiled for it or is the new gtk a requirement? old gtk is so much lighter and it can look good too so theres really no reason to use the bloated gtk versions

GTK2 support got dropped sometime around v60, for, I shit you not, "code simplicity". Yes, the very same Firefox that ships one broken overcomplex garbage nonfeature after another removes useful features because they are "bloat". You can still run v59 on complete JS lockdown like me, but it's not too nice, especially if you consider that the only reason to use a "modern" shit browser is JS support.

Pale moon still supports gtk2. Everyone should just use pale moon. People got a stick up their ass because the author got all autistic about some addons but it's one of the best if not the best browser out there from a privacy standpoint. (and yeah moonchild is a huge autismo but the browser is solid anyways, you don't have to marry the guy and the addon blacklist can be deactivated) It's also a genuine fork with own codebase, not a rebranded firefox with a few about:config options toggled like all the other "forks" so mozilla can't really kill them off. Pale Moon also still uses XUL addons. If you give a shit about privacy, pale moon is one of the few choices.

Wew. This is so stupid, even Windows has better theming capabilities now.

protip: all of Gnome and GTK is GNU software

protip: see who's hosting GNOME's web page

Redhat is hosting Gnome's web page.

might have to try it. i just need to compile it myself because its not in the distro repos and the precompiled version wont run because this is a musl only system.

normally gnu things are hosted on the gnu domains

Yes, that statement is indeed accurate.

Can you autists keep the gnu internals bickering to one thread?

gnu no longer leads gnome development. Gnome 2 was a gnu project, but 3 isn't

GTK literally contains a JS implementation, so does QT. Modern UI libs are trash.

GNU leads GNU Gnome development as GNU Gnome is a GNU project. GNU dictates the boundaries of what Gnome must not do. There has never been a time where GNU Gnome has stopped being a GNU project.

Short story: it's made by same company that did SystemD.
That should give you a big enough hint.

Nowadays it's more of a redhat and freedesktop project. Technically it was started by GNU, but it's very much independent from them these days.

tried to build but it does not support my system. it said that the build was succesful but whatever the compiler produced does not work.

Attached: a.png (586x55, 2.52K)

So to summarize, the only way to avoid the botnet is to customize a tinycore linux distribution with minimal and carefully selected software, embrace the TTY, and distribute it by physically exchanging thumb drives. Is that about it? Are we about to re-enter the 80s?

Besides everyone knows FLTK is the best and every application should elect to use it instead of whatever inferior choice they have now. Including IceCat.