2 x DDR4 SODIMM slots
1 x M.2 2240/2280
2 x SPF+
1 x 1GbE
1 x open ended x8 PCIE slot
4 x SATA 3

Preproduction Board: $550.00
Final Product: $750.00 11/19

Yes bigot, Solidrun is an Israeli company.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=SolidRun-ClearFog-ITX
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=SolidRun-ClearFog-ARM-ITX
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ClearFog-HoneyComb-LX2K
solid-run.com/nxp-lx2160a-family/honeycomb-workstation/

Attached: ClearFog-ITX-workstation-layout.png (1273x956, 345.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcengines.ch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ARM scales better for energy-efficient and/or portable applications. Putting it into an ITX form factor almost defeats the purpose. Given ARMs overall lesser support vs x86-64 you would need to have a serious vendetta against AMD/Intel and something tells me such people will never be interested in buying from an Israeli company anyways. Still pretty interesting nonetheless

This is a meme, this isn't true. We have ARM processors with lower power consumption than x86/x64 primairly because they're feature poor. If you were to put all the compatibility processes that are in x86/x64 into ARM, it would consume the same amount of power.
And yes, this is important, because for ARM to be taken seriously, it'll have to adhere to this bloat, which would make it universally usable.

(checked)
The “x86 bloat is all compatibility” shit is also a meme. The core 32-bit architecture has been stable since the early 2000s and makes up less of the overall architecture then you think. It just comes down to the difference between CISC and RISC and for the market x86-64 is targeting CISC does make more sense vs RISC
Not the architecture actually exposed to the programmer it is

You don't know what you're talking about.
ARM uses CISC for many processes, and x86/x64 uses RISC for many other as well.
ARM power efficiency is due to its shallowness. It won't and can't get widespread adoption in serious computing without being compromised.

Also,
Is the retardest of memes.

Pick one retard

Both, not even close to the bottom.

The price is too high. I don't think there is a market for this. I would rather have a dual core with the same clock speed and everything else the same for a fraction of the price, and buy multiple of them.

An ARM dual core with a decent clock speed, M2 slot, a DDR4 slot, a usb port and an ethernet port, and a RGB port. If that's available somewhere I would buy a dozen of them.

Please stop contradicting yourself. X86 can’t be RISC, having a RISC-like core =/= x86 ‘Uses RISC’ that doesn’t even make any sense

Fuck no. Get a Talos II board. At least you aren't buying hardware straight from the "chosen land, goy"

At these price points a Talos II makes more sense anyways

I'm not contradicting myself, you just know too little about the matter to understand what is being said.

No

Attached: 99F9F243-6646-4381-A104-E22DF4DA0E62.jpeg (645x773, 103.45K)

You're the retard here, just look at what you're saying.
Christ, just fuck off.

Like, look at the crap you're saying. You're basically saying RISC is more efficient than CISC, and that those two processors are either pure RISC or CISC.
That's absolutely imbecile, not even close to reality and shows a massive lack of understanding of the architectures themselves and the commercial releases we have today.

It's like you just watched some youtube gaymer saying some bullshit and is now repeating it mindlessly.

It’s because doing so defeats the purpose. You might as well go for x86 if you want to scale up

ARM and x86 are both CISC at this point. You can’t really say it’s a little RISC and a little CISC

No I’m not but okay retard

Attached: 6335D964-BC4C-4644-9F7C-EDD4BAEA7F0D.png (625x773, 55.46K)

Then kill yourself, the world obliges.

What's the goal? Saving electricity? You can get very low power x86 boards that'll be a lot more compatible with everything and also a lot cheaper than this. It's easily doable to buy a power-saving computer that can tackle everything software except games and high level graphics stuff for less than $80.

I would not consider ARM to be safer as x86 regarding vulnerabilities or hardware backdoors. Both current generations of CPUs are just too complex to make a blanket statement like that.

ARM also doesn't scale well in practice price-wise. It's cheaper to get a few older x86 than many expensive ARM SBCs and the older x86 together will still have vastly more performance.

ARM is good for mobile computers (smartphones and such) because of the high energy efficiency and every bit of performance leveraged by the custom OSes (android, ios) written for that usage. ARM would also be good for low end workstations where you could save a lot of power, the problem is just that the Linux landscape of software was just not written with these CPUs in mind. Especially support for inbuilt graphics is very, very poor.

I have an A20 Cubietruck board and it has (slow) SATA and decent ethernet. The A20 is an older dual-core ARM SoC and is pretty well supported in Linux mainline. There's even a project with which you can leverage the decoding of h264 video in it's hardware, and other hardware bits and pieces like AES acceleration are leveraged by the kernel too. It's CPUs are also not susceptible to Spectre. The downside is that it's fairly slow. It's *almost* enough for being my comfy linux workstation, just the (lack of) support for Mali graphics has stopped that so far. I need to check out the opensource Lima drivers, maybe they're usable.

Attached: trashing.jpg (600x450, 64.29K)

just trust us goy

Attached: chosen.png (1254x461, 281.91K)

They unironically have some very nice network hardware. I thought about getting a Clearfrog Pro for pfsense router.

Attached: clearfog-pro-01.jpg (900x760, 46.71K)

This is cool but if we had high performance RISC V boards it would be even cooler

The instruction set is CISC (microcode level), the microarchitecture is RISC (hardware level).

These clearfog devices look interesting. It seems a little expensive though. Maybe it's because of the M.2 PCI-E slots and the 5 gigabit ethernet ports but I'm not sure.

This is like an expensive PCEngine SoC.
pcengines.ch/

$750 for a mini ITX board is a bullshit price. Especially for an ARM board. Average price for mini ITX boards is around $100. ARM has the out of order code execution bullshit that x86_64 has while having dogshit performance very poor support. The support issue is the biggest one for me on ARM boards. I want to be able to my flash drive and load Linux on a new machine, the run updates and upgrade and have it ready to go. What I don't want to do is have to spend hours of time troubleshooting.

Go to the pawn shop and buy a used laptop with a Core i7 and 8Gb of RAM for $100.

Also saying it is made by an Israeli company means it's botnet for sure.

Most programs can be written with just 13 assembly instructions. RISC or CISC is irrelevant in many cases. This is really stupid argument.

Zig Forums can we ditch some of these consumerist threads and actually talk about circuits and code?

Attached: computerdesk.jpg (1596x846, 1016.22K)

That shit is very standard. Lots of vendors already make a product like this, and even some in better form factors like expansion cards.

2 cores cannot drive 2x10GBe. You have no idea what you are talking about and don't understand the target audience.

The Blackbird is $999 for mini ITX motherboard only. Granted even a 4 core POWER9 would tear this a new asshole. You're still looking at $1300 verses $750.

Name them. Nvidia has a board similarly priced with a 4 core CPU, PCI-E x4 slot, 8GB soldered on RAM, and a singular SATA port. The power supply is also non standard. All other many core ARM based network boards are well over $1k.

None of these cards are consumerly available. You should find products by Mellanox, Marvell, and NXP. Basically any of the big players with NICs that support dpdk right now have what you're talking about either being sold or in development. Some of them have multiple generations.

Maybe because I work in the space I think these products are non-trivial. I have been pushing to make our product consumerly available as it provides just as much as what's presented in the OP, but at that ~1000 price point (but that's mainly because we have 64GB of RAM and 64GB of Flash w/o SATA).

You're the stereotypical kid who would take a ride from the stranger who says he's going to the candy store.

Like meth - not even once.
Get a CHICOM chip, Russian board, and S.Korean components - at least the botnet parts wouldn't work effectively together. or simply get a Thinkpad

The saying "with jews you lose" is not just a meme>>1068323

Probably not, ever since the 3rd round /g/ refugees in 2017 this place has slowly decayed into consumerism.

The bit that irks me is there is >>>/g/ for them to make their home and the retards lurk here instead

Shit, you can build an AMD machine for way less.
The dev machines already had 24. Smartphones usually have 8 cores now.
This is pure ripoff. Wait until something actually good comes around.