Why does Zig Forums so hate technology?

Why does Zig Forums so hate technology?

Attached: fe7055133d2bf61ed5c259ce9d8b25a7ecc8ad3bdb6c6e0dda7d4dcb8a04e452.jpg (355x342, 55.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkmate.com/system/ultra-superserver-2049u-tr4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy
windowscentral.com/windows-core-os
store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/desktops/hp-z4-workstation
raptorcs.com/content/TL2WK2/intro.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I used to think that pic was funny and not cringey. That was a long time ago

Attached: 1411534840076.jpg (654x368, 169.47K)

At first you are young and enthusiastic, but as you get more experience it also starts being more repulsive.

I don't. I hate Cniles and UNIX weenies.

You must hate the white man then.

I hate people. It's just that people are the ones who make technology and they fuck everything up as usual.

Found the butthurt Cnile/UNIX weenies. Thanks to your braindamage everything is shit.

For technology in general,
(1) It's wielded by governments and large corporations as a weapon against you (e.g. cities designed to require cars, a problem car companies created through lobbying and other shenanigans, forcing you to own a car with all the financial liability and risk of dying, or jobs that require you to have a social media account they can look through)
(2) It's very difficult to control technology you own because it takes specialized skills that can often take years to acquire in order to make changes to it
(3) It can disrupt the fabric of society in a way that destroys social cohesion and the family, leading to widespread loneliness and mental problems

See Ted Kaczynski's writings for more detailed explanations for the problems with technology. I don't agree that destroying technology is a feasible solution (it will simply be redeveloped) or even desirable.

For computers and software, points (1) and (3) are far more acute. For instance, it is a never-ending struggle to evade the massive adtech surveillance apparatus. In coming years this will ramp up as they analyze texts across the entire internet to link all of your different accounts and identities online (there are already proofs of concept of this). Social media has heavily disrupted society with extreme political polarization and widespread isolation.

An additional point with computers and software is that the technology is poorly designed, insecure, and easily hackable, because ever since it has been commercialized, corporations have been piling on layer after layer of overly abstracted garbage onto weak foundations. Trying to obtain a system where all the layers are well thought out, secure, minimal enough to be auditable, and under the control of the user is impossible because of the sheer amount of time it takes to build all of the layers. A basic system is impossible to bootstrap and use as a daily driver as it is developed more because the higher levels are so massive and complex. Particulary web browsers, since they are now essentially virtual machines more complicated than the majority of operating systems that MUST implement bloated web standards and extremely optimized javascript engines to run the bloated web sites that depend on javascript for no good reason. The javascript is, again, just there because of commercial interests layering on more useless garbage. Even this fucking website is now impossible to post on without javascript enabled.

The more you know the more you begin to realize how utterly shit everything technology related is compared to what it should and could easily be if the people working on it were even half competent, and it's getting worse as time goes on.

you realize how tech serves way too effectively in hands of tyrants

Consumers and big corperations.
People who want to buy the latest tech trends despite them having no practical perpuse besides marketing buzzwords.

The fact that despite all the money that gets thrown at the fsf and linux foundation they still haven't funneled any of that into making original and 100% free hardware using an architechture that isn't old and shitty like x86.
Basically anything that would give a real boost in software/hardware performance besides "smaller NAN! HIGH CLOCKRATE!!! MORE CORES!!!!!" or retarded shit like "folding" as a gimmick.
Who the fuck even needs a laptop that folds? or a laptop with a screen instead of a keyboard, Are these people generally retarded? yes.

Tech companies and technology as it is right now is made for dumbasses who will buy anything so long as it looks pretty and distracts their 5 second attention span.

Learningkike? Is that you?

No, it's Steve.

Congratulations. This is the most homosexual post I have ever read, and that includes 8 years of chans and general internet shitposting since 1996. Seriously. Moot is less gay than you. A neckbeard fapping to Bailey Jay is less gay than you. The drag queen that does story time in NYC libraries is less gay than you. All of the Village People are less gay than you. San Francisco is less gay than you. You're gayer than wordfiltering "nigger" to "roody poo". Seriously. Find some fucking testosterone. Grow some balls. Man up. If you have one non-gay bone in your body, you would have been chomping at the bit to have a car as soon as you were old enough to have a permit. Jesus user, I'm starting to think you're everything about lemonparty.jpg, combined with everything from asscave.jpg, printed out and rolled up and stuffed into goatse.cx, shat back out and smoked like a joint by RuPaul.

Not sure why you are such a fag but why have a gas guzzling car for long distance travel when you can knit your own mini zeplin and never deal with traffic acidents again? Well because unless you are sneaky ZOG or some niggers will shoot you down for not using a cum guzzling botnet filled car that enslaves your freedom of movement behind a paywall of the kikes owning gas distribution as a monopoly.

The reason stuff like this isn't even sold is because its illegal worldwide unless you are a kike. Its illegal so that humans keep using cars and be depenent upon the botnet/kikes. You see a solar powered miniature blower, a propane tank, and a large amount of fabric would blow any car out of the water for fuel effieciency and safety. Because all the dangers of a car or a airplane are gone. You are just floating maybe 120 feet off the ground so no crashing could happen or turbulance of modern airplanes to get high in the atmosphere. The only danger is how well knit the zeplin is and your personal stupidity. Just make sure to add a anchor and a ladder to it.

minature one person zeplin > gas powered car for long distance lightweight travel. If you need to transport huge and heavy amounts of material then use a train and then a freight truck.
Why do you need permission/permit to travel you soyboy? Are you a slave? You are a normalfag in disguise at the least.

ARE YOU NOT EXCITED FOR GOOGLE STADIA, user?
AREN'T YOU GOING TO PAY U$12K FOR A MAC PRO BASE MODEL, user?
HOW'S YOUR SMARTPHONE GOING? IT'S ALREADY 2 MONTHS OLD, TIME TO UPGRADE AND GET ONE OF THOSE DELICIOUS NOTCHS!!
I LOVE SCIENCE BRO

Because C and UNIX suck. Articles about some new thing in technology used to be exciting, but now they're all crap. The most interesting thing happening recently is Fuchsia, which is just another microkernel written in C and the only reason anyone cares is because it's backed by Google and might replace Linux/Android. It's better than Linux, but it doesn't solve the fundamental problems of why C sucks. There are a lot of reasons why C sucks but big ones are not having arrays and strings. On some computers, data types were defined by the platform, either the operating system or the hardware. It doesn't matter what language you use because they are all compatible unless someone intentionally uses non-standard types, like C does with null-terminated strings.

In the 70s and 80s, there were computers with operating systems written in Ada, Lisp, Smalltalk, Algol, PL/I, and so on. All of these are better languages than C. Even old fashioned BASIC prevented buffer overflows. There was a larger proportion of computers with garbage collected operating systems in the 80s than there are today, which sucks. Technology is supposed to get better.

Another thing that sucks is what it did for research. Research used to not care about what was popular. If something ran Fortran programs 50% faster but can't run C programs, there would be a reason to research it and to write more programs in Fortran. Now that doesn't happen because everything is focused on popularity and trying to be "compatible" with some popular software instead of just throwing ideas out there and testing them. They can't even build a "Lisp" machine for JavaScript, one of the most popular languages. I hate JavaScript, but simplifying browsers and cutting out layers of bloat and tens of millions of lines of redundant code is a good thing. If the CPU was on the level of a Lisp machine, there would be no need for UNIX, shells, C/C++ compilers, or C/C++ runtimes and everything could be written in a dynamic language or a strongly typed static language like Ada or Haskell. A Lisp integer would be compatible with big integers in Haskell, Ruby, Java, and so on. Instead, they're making WebAssembly to go in the opposite direction. They're adding more bloat and more "standards" that will have to be part of browsers forever, and it sucks.

There are times when I feel that clocks are running fasterbut the calendar is running backwards. My first seriousprogramming was done in Burroughs B6700 Extended Algol. Igot used to the idea that if the hardware can't give you theright answer, it complains, and your ON OVERFLOW statementhas a chance to do something else. That saved my bacon morethan once.When I met C, it was obviously pathetic compared with the_real_ languages I'd used, but heck, it ran on a 16-bitmachine, and it was better than 'as'. When the VAX cameout, I was very pleased: "the interrupt on integer overflowbit is _just_ what I want". Then I was very disappointed:"the wretched C system _has_ a signal for integer overflowbut makes sure it never happens even when it ought to".

Yes I remember those days

When I was a kid I thought consumerism was stupid, now I think it's mass delusion.

BASED

Open. Source. Electric. Car.
Little to no computing, just werks.

Tedpill is a blackpill, resist against the kikes instead of going innawoods, please

Name me a better language, C/UNIX antagonist.
GTFO that is even worse than the issues of C and UNIX combined

I read it was $6K. And to be fair, it's a workstation. It can take a 28-core Xeon CPU and up to 1.5 TB of RAM. Don't say "oh I can build a badass vidya rig for less" because this is a different class of machine.

It's overpriced even as a workstation, anyone with basic skills can pick a price that beats Apple

Whatever you assemble, it will lack a very important detail: macOS.

Understand this: the Mac's premium cost pays for the privilege of not using Windows. So you get this very user-friendly and very reliable operating system that can run Adobe's shit. This last bit is why Linux does not qualify, I love it but if you want Adobe, it's either Mac or Windows. And Windows is the buggy, badly designed, constant headache we all know. Can't have a workstation like that.

The actual answer is telecommuting

Apple's bread & butter hardware, like MacBooks and iPhones, don't have anywhere near the comedic markup of their top end kit.

The most you can say in defense of the Mac Pro's overblown pricetag is that it's about the same as other prebuilts from the likes of HP, Dell, or Lenovo: Completely out of the question unless either employer's acquisitions department is getting a massive bulk discount on them.

hackintosh.

Which ruins the point of it being a reliable system.

Spottet the Apple shill. Fuck off and install Gentoo, nigger.

You're retarded.
You can build a better machine for 3000 dollars, without Xeon crap and with Threadripper.
The Base Model comes with 256 GB storage, like, what you're gonna do with that, idiot?
Go being fucked by a nigger, you're part of what makes technology so disgusting.

oh but user, you see it's a workstation! so it's got to be expensive for no real reason!

Attached: download (2).jpeg (315x160, 10.25K)

Even worse, the only real reason to bother with Epyc/Xeon, aside from ECC/buffered/registered RAM, is multiple sockets. And of course Apple refused to put back the CPU socket they removed, so a plain Ryzen/Core system would yield identical performance to Apple's $6k config for under $1k.

On the high end, of course, for the $12k price of Apple's top config, one can buy a brand new quad-socket system:
thinkmate.com/system/ultra-superserver-2049u-tr4

And again, be stuck with Windows (shitty) or Linux (lacks many professional applications).

Thank you unix hater. But your part about Fuchsia is just wrong, no matter how shit Linux is, Google is making it, they can't possibly make something better, and they certainly don't even intend to since they're not here for that.

Microsoft announced it is making a new OS that won't be Windows.
So, companies are starting to realize it's time to ditch the bloat and make something from scratch.
I would be impressed if our current OS survives to the next decade - Windows, all the distros, OSX, Android, iOS... These will all go to the dumps.

You hate the white man.

I hate LARPers. Like you.

Holy fuck, just die. Seriously. After decades of being raped in arsehole by one kike company after another you dare to defend them. Next level stockholm syndrome.

Reminder last time they said that, they simply resurrected the OS *N*X was originally created to be installed over.

Attached: OpenVMS logo high-res.png (894x894, 173.86K)

Holy fuck, just die. Seriously. After decades of being raped in the asshole by muh gaymer culture you dare to defend it. Next level stockholm syndrome.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy

windowscentral.com/windows-core-os

I'm just saying, you can bash Apple as much as you want, but do it fairly. Compare machines of equivalent class: Mac Pro to other workstations, iMac to other desktops. and so on. Would you complain that an 18-wheeler is more expensive than a minivan?

IM FUCKING MAD
WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO BADLY DESIGNED? I JUST WANT TO REMAP MY KEYBOARD TO SOMETHING THAT'S MORE COMFORTABLE, AND AFTER FUCKING AROUND FOR HOURS AND HOURS, WHAT DO I FIND?
I FIND THAT IF I WANT TO REMAP MY FUCKING KEYBOARD THE WAY I WANT IT TO, I PRETTY MUCH HAVE TO RE-WRITE THE ENTIRETY OF X AND EVERY PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT WORKS WITH IT OR LIKE IT
WHY IS THIS KIND OF SHIT ALLOWED. I JUST WANT A COMFORTABLE LAYOUT GOD TURBO DAMMIT

Attached: 4dd25cc270a10aa5e34a428a1c5e4791721e4bb5040fb97e5a5c2b122916d421.gif (300x300, 621.64K)

This looks less like a new kernel, or even just a new OS, and more like replacing Win32 with WinRTUWP while all the low level stuff stays basically the same.

As has been pointed out repeatedly throughout the thread, the Mac Pro is absurdly overpriced on a level that even most of Apple's other hardware isn't. It's over 6x the price of similarly performing "consumer" hardware (doubly insulting because it's still single-socket, meaning it has no real advantage over them), over 2x the price of an identical config built from parts, and substantially more than similar workstations from their direct competitors in the prebuilt ripoff market. Plus the mysterious unwillingness to offer nVidia GPUs.

Attached: 599px-Windows_2000_architecture.svg.png (599x768, 55.51K)

First para in meant for

Again: compare the Mac Pro to other workstations and then say it's flawed or overpriced, that's fair. But it is NOT aimed at the "consumer" market. They have the iMac for that.

Even the fucking talos has a better price.

sxhkd
better solution: remap by the hardware level

No, he means the white man, as in Ken Thompson, the only white man working at Google. That's his nickname over there.

All it would take to fully differentiate it is to put back the 2nd CPU socket they removed in the trashcan. Minus that, it's a glorified gaymur rig with ECC RAM (that can't officially take DIMMs bigger than 128GB), and heaps of PCIe slots its single socket doesn't have enough lanes to saturate.
Upthread, I linked a beastly quad-socket Supermicro for the same price as Apple's "best". For the "cheap" $6k option, compare a basically identical config of HP:
store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/desktops/hp-z4-workstation

Attached: shining country for old men.png (576x864, 643.21K)

you are good goy and cuck, that was brainwashed by jewish hollywood movies in order to think that you need to drive expensive car and smoke tobacco in order to be a "man"
jews trained you very well

Like I said, I don't agree with him about going into the woods or destroying all technology. But he does a good job identifying the problems.

Electric cars would be great in that they need much less software to operate than gas cars (which use lots of software controlled components to comply with emissions requirements). Sadly, the main company trying to push battery technology and electric car economics forward is also making every aspect of the car (even the fucking doors) computerized and connected to the internet. They are creating the Internet of Things on wheels, and they can brick your car wirelessly if they don't like you. And because of Tesla, other car companies are copying that model.

Okay, that's a bit fairer. But see:
Maximum 256 GB RAM.
Maximum 384 GB RAM.
Maximum 1536 GB RAM.

For that maximum, you'll have to pay the top Mac Pro price... 45 thousand dollars.
Good luck.

it's a config file, fiddle with shit in /usr/share/X11/xkb

Only going for numbers now?
Talos support 2TB memory.
raptorcs.com/content/TL2WK2/intro.html

Eh, the real answer for 90% of the laborforce today is telecommuting, plus milk truck-style centralized delivery services to replace most everyday shopping, and schoolbus-style pickup for the handful of urban workplaces that need daily physical presence. All of this would allow for a more dispersed population and more efficient infrastructure.

Even if your job does require your physical presence, does it really need it every day of the workweek? If not, even just larger amounts of irregular telecommuting would greatly decrease the need for cars and their attendant externalities (roads, road maintainance, parking, fuel, etc.).

1) The lower end Mac Pros can only take 6 DIMMs, for 12 you'd need the ≥24-core models that cost the same as competing quad-socket systems capable of using multiple TB of RAM. I admit this is probably a CPU limitation that could be surpassed with an upgrade using an official Apple CPU upgrade purchased at an official Apple Store and installed by an official Apple Genius, but for all I know Apple physically cucked the

Attached: businesswoman-woman-relaxing-desk-green-field-business-concept-beautiful-sitting-day-dreaming-feet-up-computer-33871501.jpg (800x533, 111.1K)

x86-64 can do 48-bit real 64-bit virtual addressing
Power9 can do 56-bit real 68-bit virtual addressing
Neither one of these will come close to reaching their peak. It's more about what's available on the market right now.

because technology.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (352x262 76.82 KB, 370.33K)

Because modern capitalism produces trashcan technology.
Go back and fix the mess before you add more layers dumbasses,

You realise there's a reason why "Hackintosh" is a thing?

If you use it for work, you must like playing Russian roulette too.

Don't you want to feel alive?

Attached: penny girl.mp4 (1920x1080, 265.04K)

PANIC IN DC!!

#israel #china #usa #trump #darktolight #ai #elonmusk #spacex #tesla #bts #iran #iraq #starlink #stan #youtube #amazon #google #facebook #twitter #netflix #news #breakingnews #london #star #starlink #cnn #nbc #abc #cbs #fox #russia @realdonaldtrump #ibm #cloud

Why are you such a faggot? Are you a woman?

//example of a stringchar faggot[] = "you";//example of an arraydouble nigger[10] = 2;

wallpaper source?

C was used on the Amiga quite a bit, when maximum optimization wasn't needed. It was fine, because there were no problems with portability and security. People used C to write specifically for the Amiga platform, not like today where *nix uses C to target totally different architectures that live on a hostile network. The compilers weren't bloated as hell either. Actually even Matt Dillon (the DragonflyBSD guy) wrote a compiler for Amiga back then (DICE). And basically things were just simpler, even the GUI toolkit on Amiga was small and simple and efficient compared to modern crap. Examples in pdf.

Eh, at that point just design your own botnet-free chips from scratch.