Mastodon

I just stumbled upon mastodon an open source microblogging (aka twitter) replacement. As far as I can tell the users of this software stack are either foreign (specifically Japanese) or from the LGBTQ. Why haven't conservatives or the "alt-tech" people tried using this platform yet? It seems to be fairly open, and obscure.

Attached: 1200px-Mastodon_Logotype_(Simple).svg.png (1200x1289, 47.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gab.com/gab/posts/VnZRendFcDM1alBhNm9QeWV4d0xidz09
mastodon.social/terms
community.highlandarrow.com/notice/806914
github.com/tootcafe/blocked-instances
github.com/WitchesTown/InstanceInternals/blob/master/Blocklist.md
social.heldscal.la/notice/1967132
github.com/nolanlawson
mastodon.art/@luka/99766796434566183
github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/issues/4791
mastodon.social/@gargron
web.archive.org/web/20170905005112/https://mastodon.social/@Gargron/17007798
web.archive.org/web/20170905013802/https://mastodon.social/users/Gargron/statuses/17014169
pl.smuglo.li
gnujihad.neocities.org/
blog.joinmastodon.org/2019/07/statement-on-gabs-fork-of-mastodon/
f-droid.org/en/2019/07/16/statement.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Actually Gab is in the process of moving to fedi atm
gab.com/gab/posts/VnZRendFcDM1alBhNm9QeWV4d0xidz09

Forking it and adding a monetization scheme
This is what happens when you're service is pozzed by jews and influencers.

Hello friend be aware that mastodon is not the network that you should promote if you want positive changes, the creator Eugene (gargron or gargamel) is a Tyrant who's now wearing a clown mask.
Historically Eugene created his own instance/fork of quitter (gnu social) to appeal to communist, furries, antifa and SJWs for patreon money it worked well and journalism of course intervened.
Unfortunately for the fediverse (the federation of gnu social and for instances using the Ostatus protocol) Eugene went turbo rogue and began to datamine any possible data from his users, see this:
mastodon.social/terms
More than that he also lied multiple times that adding private messaging was private when obviously it wasn't plus private messaging on a PUBLIC micro blogging software is bloat.
He also began a embrace extend and extinguish scheme against any other fork via multiple methods one of them via journalism was that he told them that he was the sole creator of everything when he obliviously forked quitter and got help from gnu social devs for multiple problems, another was that he forbidded other instances having correctly formed errors which stopped other Gnu social instance to correct possible bugs for that see this link
community.highlandarrow.com/notice/806914
Another method was to help spreading and making Block lists of instances considered haram with the help of a Microsoft employee see link
github.com/tootcafe/blocked-instances
github.com/WitchesTown/InstanceInternals/blob/master/Blocklist.md
Another method was DDOS masked has bugs see link
social.heldscal.la/notice/1967132
There's also some strange things going in the background, mastodon replaced the original Ostatus protocol with ActivityPub a protocol that brings nothing new except incompatibility if not correct, it was made by SJW called webber he's the creator of media goblin (and also the guy who forces safe spaces at libreplanet) he proposed ActivityPub to the W3C and by coincidence the microsoft blocklist creator is also a W3C member and ActivityPub of course was immediately accepted.
github.com/nolanlawson
If you want to promote software see Pleroma, postActiv or simply GS.
Also if you try to get some info about the past of the fediverse on mastodon you'll never get the truth if you stay on it go subscribe on the block listed instances and go ask question there you'll get better answer than this pile of lies
mastodon.art/@luka/99766796434566183

Mastodon Breaks Compatibility with oStatus Federation
Github Issue - github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/issues/4791
In short, Mastodon's implementation of ActivityPub has resulted in protocol-breaking changes to Mastodon instances that break reply chains federating to GNUsocial, postActiv, and Pleroma. Rather than fix the issue, Gargron has taken to mocking those who would have the oStatus compatibility maintained as Luddites and trolls instead of fixing the problem and cooperating with other developers and instance admins within the federation.
He has also confirmed in several posts that his intent was to Embrace, Extend, and Extinguish the oStatus protocol from the start, and intends to either force GNUsocial instances to conform to his federation protocol by pushing ActivityPub.
Sources - mastodon.social/@gargron
web.archive.org/web/20170905005112/https://mastodon.social/@Gargron/17007798
web.archive.org/web/20170905013802/https://mastodon.social/users/Gargron/statuses/17014169

I remember hearing about the Fediverse a few years ago with disapora*. Did that ever catch on? Might be an interesting deep dive for the next couple of hours.

no

freespeechextremist exists, for what that's worth.

Yeah Gargon's a bit of a fag but Ostatus is trash and needs to go.

So does nulled.red

I find pl.smuglo.li is probably the best instance for channers.

What's wrong with Ostatus?

He needs to die tbh.
Please continue to suck the W3C.

The literal difference between Ostatus and Activitipub is that Ostatus is xml and Activitipub Json.
Activitypub does not solve any problems that Ostatus had and it even brings a few more problems of it's own.

Do you realise how many bytes and cycles XML wastes?

Attached: mastodon.png (916x498, 25.39K)

When it comes to picking an instance, the best choice is probably on how well connected it is with the fediverse. If you just go on instances with like-minded people, you put yourself in the same bubble and echo chamber situation as the SJWs and trannies.

Attached: a20bd530ca97f177.jpg (1051x805, 183.46K)

So? I want to be comfi, not spend my day arguing with mentally ill people and their enablers

There's a lot of others things you can do to occupy time comfortably. Social media is actually terrible for forming legitimate and fulfilling friendships.

But it's basically impossible to form legitimate and fulfilling friendships these days.

It's actually not. But that is the meme the kikemedia reinforces, because lonely, isolated people are better consumers and less likely to cause trouble for the system.

No, fuck off

They either cost money or I've already done them.

I'm not trying to form friendships, I'm trying to feel less lonely.

What language(s) is it in? What clientside framework does it use? Backend?

Rails.

LGBTQP*
There's lots of loli there.
Probably because it's filled with communists.

The Alt-Right/New Right/whatever are by far not as smart as they see themselves. They'll bitch about getting banned from mainstream, centralized services like YouTube, Twitter and Discord, then join the next big centralized bullshit like Gab.

Wrong, they don't use it because it's less practical in terms of information control.
Mastodon isn't centralized which mitigates censorship and information control in general depending on the amounts of servers existing.

The only way that they found to to so is to use full instance ban aka defederation. Which is not accepted by a majority of oldfag users on the fedi.

The EU is actually trying to put in place the EUNOMIA system. Gargron received 60+K for that.
It's a social score that give you points depending on who's right or wrong aka reddit but worse. And it also permits to locate the original source.
See thread

The far-left/left/whatever are by far not as smart as they see themselves. They'll bitch about getting banned from mainstream, centralized services like YouTube, Twitter and Discord, then join the next big mediatized bullshit like mastodon to then add the same censorship features .

Idiots will be idiots. If you want hypocrisy go find the day that the creator of gab called out mastodon as a place of faggotry (which he isn't wrong about) called moonman a cuck and that he'll never go on it.

I notice a lot of trannies and gay anarchists or whatever on the network timeline for GNUSocial. I have no idea how the federated / network timeline actually works, but after I started following FSE users, more of FSE tweets started showing up.

gnujihad.neocities.org/

This is the shit we need more on the internet. A completely half serious webpage with the information still being more accessible than on most website.
Nice touch the whole GNU/JIHAD style, the blinking/rolling text, and the background music.
The lack of JavaScript makes it just better.
Where can i find more websites like this ?

Fedilab seems to be getting targetted by the trannies after it refuses to censor gab and become nonfree software.
That and the trannies have gone full on anti free software

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1079x1337 84.85 KB, 551.04K)

wiby.me is nice search engine

Attached: nice_bunny3.png (446x566, 311.68K)

This is just wrong.
Never set the width to a percantage because it easily becomes too small or too large from what you expected.
width:70em; max-width:100%; should solve it.
You should set everything to maxwidth:100% unless you like horizontal scroll bars.

Best post.

Oy vey people having different world views than ours? Shut it down!

it's nextchan all over again

fixed sizes are gay. it may look nice on your screen but a non % value might looks shit on someone elses screen.

I don't like Gab or the people behind it, but I'm quite enjoying the SJWs of Mastodon melting down that their work is being used by "NAZIS."

Stop Gab now

ftfy

Like I said in another post, federation always, literally always, leads walled gardens of faggotry.
Mastadon didn't disappoint in this regard:
blog.joinmastodon.org/2019/07/statement-on-gabs-fork-of-mastodon/

Google went ahead and removed the Gab app from their store because it allows access to "User Generated Content" (aka, a browser, not unlike Chrome), which potentially gives access to "hate speech".
One thing I wasn't expecting to come out of this was F-Droid outing themselves as anti-Free, pro-globohomo, Jews:
f-droid.org/en/2019/07/16/statement.html
I'd question a lot of their "reproducible builds [controlled by one single guy]" now.

Ironically, all of this just continues to make Gab stronger.
It's the single largest "fedi"-verse instance with over a million users, and because of F-Droid being fags, they're now creating their own app-store.

Attached: Gab Dev Update.PNG (871x423 28.25 KB, 34.89K)

Man, fuck F-Droid for doing this. All I want is a repo of FOSS apps, if I wanted a repo of gay apps I'd have bought an iPhone.

Attached: fag2.png (574x278 27.21 KB, 27.96K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 11.28.29 AM.png (680x166 123.15 KB, 45.36K)

Not being able to read gab users or any of the posts by people in one of the servers committing the egregious crime of "free speech"

When will left wingers drop decentralized projects because they finally understand they need full central power to shut down nazis?

They will when they lose majority or control over it. They'll gladly sink those projects for some Microsoft, Apple or Facebook product as long as there some gay ad for it.
Then they'll proceed to work on that power map of theirs to get the decentralized solution banned / demonized / deplatformed / whatever.

Why?

oh yeah I can hardly hear the trannies complaining about how they're fighting for their lives erry day over all of the bitching about gab's horrible, horrible 'paywall'.
oooh, they're so evil, they have a 'paywall'.
they get called greedy capitalists all the time. I'm so sick of it.
Just look at this thread with everyone sneering at commies' dedication to not accepting money for a second tier of service. it's real fucking ancap in here. tired of it.

They had a bit of a paywall beforehand.
Turns out people prefer it to ad jews

What is an ad jew? You mean those things anyone in their right mind started blocking over a decade ago? Oh wait this is Gab we're talking about, a platform filled with technologically inept morons.

While I don't believe Gab is respecting privacy, precisely what do you want?

Do you want to use a service that generates its revenue and makes back its operating cost based on ads and data mining? Even if you do block the former, the latter is still in effect. And on social media sites, advertisements come in the form of "tweets" or "statuses", not a conventional banner on the sides of the web page.

Almost every "user generated content" website or platform is in essence providing a service for people unwilling to host their own web server and set up a domain. You're not going to suddenly convince those people to pay and set up their own.

That is what makes this whole thing hilarious. A bunch of literal baby boomers are conquering a network the super smart opensores devs built.

Attached: aol_image.png (575x385, 32.22K)

I want the end of social media.
I want our communication platforms to be either community driven or decentralized. It does not cost any money to self-host a forum (except for the price of the domain). All of these services exist to exploit their users and make money. If you support ANY of them you're a fucking moron.

Zig Forums, isn't 100% of the platform I want, but it's close enough for all practical purposes. We know that the CIA/FBI are combing this site for shit so it's allowed to exist. That's it.

>gnujihad.neocities.org/

Attached: Hamas - Al-Qassam Music Video.webm (640x360, 15.85M)

The sandniggers always have the strangest propaganda.

Attached: 1366948302837.jpg (423x404, 19.86K)

Everything about it is tranny. the devs the users, even the goals are.
If you thrive in wasting time over drama you can use that and grab a popcorn.

Playing by the CIA cards again heh?
Sometimes it's tough to say no and f-droid did the right thing but for sure people like you would retaliate for no reason. Even most foss projects that I use myself aren't on f-droid, it has to pass the requirements and you're just over acting and upscaling the drama like a victim on tantrum.

What the CIA had been trying to do for years is disrupting the FOSS communities with the rainbow CoCk and also with the systemd becoming a success (and also linus quitting due to tranny tears). Most of the projects that were normal 2 or 3 years ago went down the drain due to these metafagging drama that these people do - as I've said playing by the cards.
You're clearly blind to the big picture as you are a classic ISTP person who just want to look cool with your sigil painted gun and intimidative leather jacket (which you're likely to own or even wear currently). Well tell me more about your signature 'thinking pose'.
Well if you're still blind and need to be 'taught' in layman's term the end game of the CIA nigger well here it is right in front of you:
Think of illegalizing Tor but it's every FOSS projects
>soon??? they'll build up the drama to sensationalize this worldwide by another (((controlled and funded))) insurrection brought to you by actual warlords who'd been here manipulating shit while sitting in their mansions since WWI
I can't believe low IQ people fall for this controlled and CIA-orchestrated groupthink meme
Now what happens now?
IPv6 HTTP/3 and along with things such as procurement of a civil ID to access the internet, required authenticity, many others that was part of their plans. Well it's you fuckers that shit up the PLAN.

In short, think of this example as the sandy hook shooting act orchestrated to pass gun bans, now think about what you retard ARMs are doing right now. Playing by their palms like an ice cream. No one will save you.

Attached: Robbie_Parker_sad_act.webm (854x480, 3.77M)

t. Schizophrenic

you mean trans rights activism? "hi, I'm trans" is a statement of suicide with a lot more steps after it than "hi, I'm tying a rope around my neck right now", but the end result is the same. At least normal suicides don't so aggressively recruit others.
wow. What should I concern myself more with, some idiot's powerpoint slides or the blatant and obvious reality that this describes antifa and fails to describe the alt-right.
ohh yeah, that's what's happening right now. Remember when a bunch of trannies joined the fediverse and all those alt-right infiltrators started forking the entire fediverse and getting apps banned in an act of resistance to the trannies?
this is Zig Forums, ARM is a CPU architecture. Fuck your slides and your acronyms.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on the internet and I've been here since forever.

Attached: heroes.png (550x320, 300.73K)

how many microwaves do two singles who live alone need?
how many microwaves does a couple need?