Abandonded FOSS

Is there any software you like but it's abandonded or has very low commit counts?
List it here and maybe anons can help out.

Attached: 1425498762.jpg (146x142, 4.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ohgodhowdidthis/trance
github.com/tobytailor/gordon
github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy
github.com/conformal/xombrero
joey101.arcticpaint.com/snowballz/
pygame.org/project-Snowballz-328-.html
bitbucket.org/jlm/snowballz/src/default/
bomi-player.github.io/
web.archive.org/web/20190528000823/https://github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
help.ubuntu.com/community/AutoApt
asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/
wiki.ubuntu.com/AutoDeb
linuxant.com/drivers/
reddit.com/r/rust/comments/1nvn30/regarding_behavior_in_irc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GIMP

Having little activity is not inherently a bad thing. Some software doesn't have to be constantly patched.

ChanThreadWatch

Just write your own.

bzip2
Altough recently development has continued. A rewrite in Rust is underway.

I'm looking for a project to contribute to. Mostly working on a couple of my own vim plugins, but i'm looking for projects to really dive into and contribute to.

Untie github.com/ohgodhowdidthis/trance from Windows.

looks like this one is geared towards VR. Is VR necessary? I don't have an oculus or steamVR

Nope.

It would be cool if Trelby had more work done to it.

Sounds interesting, I might try it on windows to see how it will look like when I compile it there, then piece together the missing libraries back and see what stuff I need to replace.

github.com/tobytailor/gordon
A Javascript implementation of Flash multimedia.

is flash even relevant anymore?

I enjoy playing the games at Ninja Kiwi.

flash doesn't work on ninjakiwi

2bwm

github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy

nah that's not abandoned

doens't look too abandoned

that was a commit to the readme file...

there was at least 1 commit in all the 2019 months prior to april ...

Here is something deader then: github.com/conformal/xombrero

huh, looks pretty minimalistic. Does anybody have screenshots of this?

The menu is still kind of buggy and you can't change the screen resolution.
joey101.arcticpaint.com/snowballz/
pygame.org/project-Snowballz-328-.html
bitbucket.org/jlm/snowballz/src/default/
Apart from that, an impressive little network multiplayer RTS. It badly needs a maintainer but the project is basically complete. To be blunt, I'd do it myself but my skills are novice. A Debian maintainer once applied a small patch but that's it in over a decade.

torify

Installing that shit in my windows machine is impossible

It's fucking all abandoned if you look at it from the perspective of commercial software. Blender is the only FOSS I know of that's being actively developed seriously.

You are a drooling moron. The internet still runs on open source software. Linux, FreeBSD, Apache, PostgreSQL and more.
Not all open source software is aimed at the desktop, you drooling moron.

When was the last time any of those had significant improvements?

Linux impossible mode: good enough to offset SystemD eating more of it

Firstly, I don't know what is your definition of "significant improvement". Secondly you're saying that no significant improvement means it's "abandoned". Either you don't know what you're saying or you have shit definitions for words.

xombrero

What's shit is your capability for reading.

Based.

So the people being paid to develop PostgreSQL aren't doing it fast enough for you? You really have a shit definition of words.

Gimmie a few min to compile it and I'll get some

The Hurd.

Fuck nm. I'm too much of a larper to get the makefile updated enough to do anything,

like Jira ...

improved into being shit software

tcc definitely needs some help

tcc?

git(\a{3}) link plz

Name more projects

Bomi, the only Linux video player to this day that isn't absolute flaming liquid dogshit:
bomi-player.github.io/
On a related note, MPC-QT, which had a chance to become something great:
web.archive.org/web/20190528000823/https://github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt

AutoApt:
help.ubuntu.com/community/AutoApt
Which completely automated the process of installing dependencies for uncompiled software, by using their makefile to query the package manager.
CheckInstall:
asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/
Which automatically installs software compiled from source into a local package that can be easily uninstalled using the package manager.
And AutoDeb:
wiki.ubuntu.com/AutoDeb
Which combines the functionality of the two.

That's the opposite problem. It's been worked on constantly, but hasn't achieved enough features to even get a proper driver stack going.

Attached: Bomi.png (256x256, 41.5K)

based

Isn't Bomi just a fancy-er repackaged version of MPV? (which i use now) I might try it out since MPV starts to freeze everything once in a while, other then that; it's a great player.

Makefile works fine. Did you run make in the Linux subdirectory?

Attached: xombrero_hl_links.png (1024x768 209.27 KB, 209.74K)

Wait do I have to learn a command syntax no be able to use this?

It's the same shortcuts as the other vi-style browsers afaik, I don't use any of them so there could some variations.
The browser is interesting but it was discontinued, like a bunch of other browsers, due to security issues.

Join and get linux faggot role: juSQzW

Attached: discord_main.jpg (980x620, 13.55K)

Bomi was two things. On the one hand, Bomi was an un-broken fork of MPV, which is an improved fork of MPlayer, which is basically a more complete fork of ffmpeg's ffplay. On the other hand, Bomi was the only GUI for a *N*X media player that wasn't written as an outdated afterthought by perverted psychopaths.

Literally the most buzzword language ever. Almost as hyped as Java was, but the people who use it are 500x as smug and insufferable. And 500x more gay.

I have one that is applicable to a large number of old computer towers I've had. It's the Connexnet "Linuxant" Project, which was last updated for Linux 2.0. Connexnet was a brand of El Cheapo PCI (and integrated) Modems that shipped with many low-end home PCs from the late 1990's to the early 2010's. The makefile is dependent on Kernel 2.0 and fails to install on anything else. I never bothered to try to fix it, and just got a USB or Serial Modem.

linuxant.com/drivers/

Why do you feel it necessary to say this?

Are you a woman?

Are you a LARPer?

No, I've just only ever seen women respond with "why do you have to say this" in response to a matter of fact (like "XYZ is fat").

But I'm not gay. Neither is Steve Klabnik. He fucks Carol Nichels.

there's a much better thread watcher built right into hydrus

He's probably referring to the Rust community in general being a bunch of globohomo sjws.
The non-gendered crab mascot that can only be called a they or them along with their coc communicates clearly the poz they seek to attract.

just one example:
reddit.com/r/rust/comments/1nvn30/regarding_behavior_in_irc/

run condition is not yet fixed, you can crash it by switching workspaces quickly, etc.