NordVPN

With the absurd amount of shilling that this gets from (((influencers))) I can't help to believe that NordVPN is some kind of honeypot and/or botnet. There is no way that they can be shilling to so many influencers and have so many organic "how do I use this service" posts on the net.

I am surprised cianigger is not posting regular threads on this subject stressing people to use obviously untrustworthy software.

Attached: 531461-nordvpn-for-linux.png (810x456, 28.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thatoneprivacysite.net
blog.torproject.org/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea
gnunet.org/en/
torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-services-keep-you-anonymous-in-2019/
8ch.net/googlecensorship2019/index.html
reddit.com/r/VPNTorrents/comments/9adi37/i_investigated_the_nordvpn_ordeal_here_is_what_i/
vpnscam.com/nordvpn-protonvpn-proton-mail-owned-by-tesonet-ceo-darius-bereika/
restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

do some research on nordvpn, I did. It's impossible to find out who runs it. The entire thing is pretty creepy.

vpn is techaids

Good morning NSA

I suppose you're going to tell me that TOR is perfectly fine and has no NSA backdoors?

The problem with TOR is that NSA owns a large number of the nodes, so if all the nodes you line up are NSA, then your cover gets completely blown. Use a VPN and you'll be fine.

thatoneprivacysite.net

feel free to use this website, it's probably one of the best vpns compared to others not located in any Eye's jurisdiction.

It's almost certainly honeypot. The only two vpn's I've heard good things about are cryptostorm.is and Mullvad; and it's been a long time since anyone recommended mullvad. Mullvad also seems to suddenly be a lot cheaper, what happened?

it even has ads on TV in my country - never seen VPNs advertised before

it came from sweden..

its the same price it has been for about 4 years, when was it more expensive?
perhaps more customers + competition = lower price
t.mullvad user

Attached: bcc6fee7c29a74a45a406c26341f0885377bc6283453029b192299823f813278.jpg (511x428, 45.39K)

i dont and wont ever use these vpns. they would see all my traffic and could possibly do bad things and since i dont even have root or any shell access to their servers i cant check if they log or not. the vpns i use are for secure communication between servers not for some Zig Forums shitposting.

this.

you should use just TOR, if you want to be more anonymous.

Mullvad is fucking nordic gubbinments vpn you dumbniggie

But you can pay by cash and don't even need an email

Several strategies:
1. Browse so much different shit they have no idea what you're up to. Hope your ISP doesn't kiss and tell on you to (((rights holders))) about your torrenting. (Or use a seed box.)
2. Download your stuff from JewTube with youtube-dl.
3. Torrent normalfag shit no one cares about except (((rights holders))) through VPN, use Tor, GNUnet, I2p for everything else.
4. Use VPN from a place far outside your jurisdiction where you never plan on traveling to that it doesn't matter what they know. I think this is the advise Stallman has given, e.g. if you live under an American Occupied Government and you are not going to travel to China, then use a Chinese VPN, and if you live in China and never plan on traveling to America use an American VPN. Under NO circumstance use a VPN in the country as your residence.
5. Use Tor for everything. See and blog.torproject.org/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea why that may not be good advice.
6. Wait for Christian Grothoff to release GNUnet 1.0.0. (The just updated their site so it doesn't look like shit anymore gnunet.org/en/ )
7. i2p for everything.
8. Only use the internet for paying bills, filing taxes, anything you're legally required to do. Could be expected or really suspicious depending on how old you are.

Clarification: That's a VPN comparison site. Otherwise great. Also see torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-services-keep-you-anonymous-in-2019/ .

(pic not related, just a reminder)

Attached: zemlin-microsoft.png (569x348, 59.67K)

I've been saying this all year. Nordvpn is also ridiculously slow compared to it's competitors.

Attached: ussr anime puter.png (850x464, 559.58K)

>With the absurd amount of shilling that this gets from (((influencers)))
Just look up the page about it on their website.
Literally anyone can hook up with them and they get money based on how well their referall does.
Them being big or not is no proof for anything, and they haven't ratted anyone out (publicly in the very least).
OP is a shill, and no, I can't prove they don't harvest data on their users, just like anyone can't do on third party servers.

Shhh! Any massive company must be the result of a Jewish cabal, not a failed economic system that inevitably results in monopolies.

FYI Zig Forums, power attracts predators, that's inherent in any system, be it business or government. Our system is flawed, but it's not a system where you need an inhuman amount of trust and cooperation to even begin to work, let alone function. Dictatorships happen because one asshole games his way to the top for "good intention" except that he's an asshole who never had any intent to do anything good in the first place.

Hitler had a mission.

Fuck you too, Zig Forums.
I meant that NordVPN has nothing that implies that they are a honeypot, or any track record of backstabbing their users.
You should NOT trust any third party server(which nordvpn is, just like any other vpn server is) to run information that you seem critical(who you connect to, for example).
The only case against nordvpn is that they didn't have an episode like ExpressVPN's raid where to try to find tracks on an actual political murder the local government of whatever the shit country just raided their servers out of nowhere and still weren't able to find shit.

it sucks ass anyway. fought with customer service for a week to get my refund.

Just do a chargeback next time.

My dad uses it and I used his subsription for a while, it's godawful. The client is designed like a Fisher-Price toy, it's all big colorful buttons and is essentially retardproof, but you have absolutely no meaningful settings (proxy, portforwarding, killswitches, etc.). The actual service is fucking awful too, they have hundreds of servers across the world, none of them even have halfway decent speeds, I'm talking maybe 500kb/s if you're lucky. It also drops out at random and makes no effort to reconnect, it'll say you're still connected but nothing fucking loads. Torrenting off of it is a joke because of this, you can't leave anything running without having it cut out. Switched to a different VPN service after doing some research (not saying it here because it's fucking fantastic and I don't want anyone ruining it for me) and never looked back. My dad was actually pissed when I bought my own, because he think Nord is the holy grail of security and privacy. This was also a man that thought Android was less secure than Apple (as in they can just get infected one day and all your credit card info is now on le ebil deepweb), even though all security boils down to "don't be a retard".

Attached: Sandwich.png (720x360, 394.8K)

That's true though. Your father is a wise man. You should pay him more respect.

nord runs ads on the local right wing radio station during hannity and the beached whale, its geared towards boomers so it must suck...any opinions on proton vpn?

That's what you get for using windows.
On Linux you can use their client which has things such as killswitches or just use openvpn with it.

PIA is probably the worst VPN you can use, might as well send a list of all the sites you browse to you ISP and let the cianiggers rape you.

You can use OpenVPN under Windows too.

Android is less secure though. All them security issues with the media renderer are pathetic.

RCE by opening a PNG... what a joke.

t.Android User

Ifag developers forgot to lock the phone when too many wrong PINs were sent through a USB keyboard. That should tell you something about the state of the codebase (or the retardedly easy to exploit backdoors that they put in for the glownigs). So much for
security theater.

never use anything shilled by influencers.

what is the pointed if you are already pozzed?

nice

True that. I guess both are gay

please watch this : 8ch.net/googlecensorship2019/index.html

That's a total lie. It has all that stuff and the speeds are top notch.

watch what? there is nothing there

Should I just bite the bullet and get Mullvad?

well we do know that it isn't doing the same shit that hma has done

i hear cryptostorm and mullvad best

Been using them for almost 1 year and it's due for renewal, so I'll give my experience and thoughts on them thus far.

Pros:

- Good and easy customer service over chat
- Okish speeds
- Ok price
- Super easy to use

Cons:

- Experienced stability issues, connection just randomly drops at times, especially on mobile
- A boat load of servers (at least in the locations I use) just randomly disappear, when you contact support they say that they're under maintenance, but tthey have no idea when they're coming back. Last time it took a month.
- Blocked by many sites that one might want to use, such as amazon etc.

I'm leaning towards going with another provider next year. While it's been good with Nord VPN I can't say I'm super satisfied.

Best VPN when it comes to ease of use and stability I've ever used was F-secure freedome. The problem with them is that they're a huge corporation and do say that they're willing to work with authorities.

I'm thinking of going double up. Take f-secure freedome for normie use and then another for non-normie use.

Attached: 8762211111111.jpg (640x960, 199.76K)

Let me redpill you on VPNS.
I was sued 2-3 months ago for sending a shota pic on a site for trolling I was arrested, I sent the images in 2017, and arrested after 2 years. Cyber departmant said that they have followed me for long time. I read all my investigation record and what I saw was shocking. I was a premium zenmate user, I also ask them "you log nothing right?" but seems like they gave all my info. But that's not the eye-opener but my vpn company was originally another vpn companies sub-company. Seems a huge number of vpn companies are originally another's.

Attached: coffee_hcw.png (727x720, 345.58K)

did you do a lot of trolling like that?

No VPN will protect you, if you're doing something shady just don't use your own equipment. or use a laptop only for that and not with your own ISP

Because of the contact details
All companies tell you that they will work your data(sell it), and by most international laws they are forced to give such data to the police/gob. when requested and if they don't have it they will be held responsible

TOR was an incredibly good option until the nods got compromised

Attached: 11848154.jpg (832x936, 195.01K)

That is why decentralized vpns are the only way forward, whenever a vpn has a company behind it, it can be bought out, and whoever is willing to pay for your data will get it.

sentinel.co
mysterium.network
privatix.io

don't be retard.
Normally, android is the biggest datamining honeypot, botnet. But if you root it and get rid of Gapps, it's literally awesome. I just customized my phone and I have:
You can even install a linux distro to phone and make a linux-phone.

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-004433.jpg (720x1480, 582.64K)

I can smell your fucking autism from here

But is the good kind of autism

Which one would you reccomend?

I've managed to have my unrooted phone on 8.0 to have zero gapps and very minimal proprietary OEM crap. I don't have enough money to get something like a pixel 1 or nexus 6p to put copperhead/ lineage with root access but it's great for now.

OEM roms should always be avoided though, there are analytic apps in the kernel I'm stuck with.

underrated post

How to remove gapps without root? ADB?

It's not PIA

Attached: JIDF.jpg (371x379, 18.62K)

I guess im autistic for using Discord, but im pretty sure it needs some kind of google botnet right? Was thinking of flashing lineageOS but I dont think it will be much of an improvement over OEM samsung rom if I have to install Gapps anyway. Still worth it?

ITT: (((VPNS)))

(((VPNS))) are all just fed honeypot backdoors

I could have sworn it was $15 at some point, maybe I'm just getting old and losing my marbles.

No record of NSA backdoors yet, but it is obviously a possibility. I've read that most people don't torrent using TOR due to the amount of bandwidth it consumes.

Never blindly use a VPN service. Mainly look at their website for sentences about keeping logs or something along the lines of "Report activity to authorities if necessary" (yes some VPN services do say this shit).

Youtube is filled with low-quality transfers and VHS rips.

This thread torrent-wise mainly consists of "VPNS bad TOR good" or "TOR good VPN bad". If you guys want a 3rd option use a P2P program such as DC++ to torrent.

Nah, it's because the Tor developers shit on torrents, maybe because they're afraid of exit nodes getting DCMA'd in addition to all the pedo related raids they probably have to go through.
But the fact is torrents work as well as anything else really. You just need to find http(s) trackers that don't block Tor. And peer discovery is impaired because Tor doesn't allow incoming connections, but in practice it works just fine.
Main problem is that while that may technically be true (they don't KEEP the logs) they send a copy to a shell company for data mining and legal ass covering purposes.
While there might be no official record of a VPN giving out your info, that doesn't mean the VPN provider didn't cooperate with an investigation in exchange for no legal pressure and they eventually give up and give out the info after the case goes public, or get sued and have to pay the big bucks to the government. The feds won't give out their sources, because they want people to feel safe while still using compromised products (like a VPN provider). This is what they did with the iPhone case, and every fell hook line and sinker for muh Apple standing up to the FBI, while they could've handed over all the backdoors under the table and nobody would've found out.

Really? How did you find out, packet inspection? Is the kernel's firewall unable to block those connections?

I fucking hate VPN's. They track your data and save. The worst part about all of them is they say that they are secure and protect from hacking. I hate nord in particular because they say their shit is military grade. A VPN is not military grade. TOR is military grade.

I agree with the first bit, but not the last. Just spoof your mac, use public library wifi, have all your traffic go through a computer of an unsuspecting macfag.

If you use Tor without an encrypted VPN your ISP still knows you're using Tor

Every torrent software uses P2P you fucking mongoloid. Using Tor and/or a VPN is so the torrent doesnt get traced back to you.

If I had to chose one right now, I would reccomend sentinel.co

All these shills saying VPN bad want you to be convinced to just use TOR, if you use a trusted paid for VPN that doesn't keep logs and has no history of selling you out 9 times out of 10 you're safe. Encryption is everything when you're online, do your research and NEVER use a free VPN

Use Windscribe tbh, if you get a custom plan you can pay for premium membership on only one country, which is $2 a month (you can pay monthly) and you get unlimited traffic in all other non-premium countries anyway. I'm not sure how trustworthy they are, but as long as you don't plan on looking up any of that good ol' cheesy pizza... I don't think you'll be in any trouble... plus they claim not to keep logs (X doubt)

Just googled a bit and found a Reddit post about it: reddit.com/r/VPNTorrents/comments/9adi37/i_investigated_the_nordvpn_ordeal_here_is_what_i/

Now, it appears that Darius Bereika is also linked to Protonmail / ProtonVPN, according to this source:
vpnscam.com/nordvpn-protonvpn-proton-mail-owned-by-tesonet-ceo-darius-bereika/

...and to HolaVPN (the very HolaVPN which servers were used to attack Zig Forums 4 years ago) according to this source:
restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/

I haven't done more research about it, but with a simple search engine you can find dozens of articles exposing shady, sketchy links between many services pretending to protect your privacy.

Looks like a fucking nightmare. Honestly, if you need a VPN, just get a VPS and install OpenVPN on it.

Attached: freebtc.png (1500x1278, 221.32K)

Using a VPN is literally paying to be subject to a man in the middle attack.
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

Look up MicroG, it's a FOSS replacement for Jewgle Play Services

The toy-like interface has kill switches even on windows. Who are you shilling for?

What if I just want to use unsecured public wifi without being sniffed by script kiddies? Do I just trust https with everything? Why not add another layer? What if I just want better anonymity in general and don't have anything to do with activities that get people vanned?

anyone that still supports Q user and Donald Trump and is recommending you a VPN you know it's dodgy as fuck

example X22 Report , that guy is just flat out kidding himself at this point with the lying, he's the kind of idiot that just enjoys knifing the people he's ripping off in the back

There sure is some effort here for people to give their naked IPs away.
You're just going to echo forever, MOSSAD.

But how else will I play Lost Ark?

Attached: 1407868551756.gif (200x133, 1.13M)

Invest your spare change into Nord. Its a data gold mine that everyone with sub 70 IQ drools over. (((They're))) going to steal your info anyway, might as well get paid for it.

Attached: 463111a1a79cae34689ad061d73841411acfb61c97ab5a4a99a300268fdfa247.jpg (255x159, 7.44K)

use a relatively small vpn.

I bet you use Ubuntu because "Linux doesn't phone home", too.

Scrubs think this statement proves something.

are there any FREE VPNs?

can someone tell me what this actually does

Attached: Wait.gif (171x172, 961.68K)

never mind

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1381x529, 236.62K)

Everyone assumed you weren't dumb enough to use one. It seems we were wrong.

that would be tor

misinformation is in full force on the chans these days kys

TOR is still a good option and there isn't anything stopping you or anyone else from making their own fucking nodes. From what I know best thing to do is bounce your traffic around as much as possible if you're doing anything illegal.

Fucking dammit. Fucking dammit all to hell.

i knew that these things cant be trusted. only dumb normalfags fall for the vpn meme

Use a real email service like riseup or A/I nigger

my advice, learn opsec from criminals use the services that they use.

if you want to be secure use a librebooted thinkpad with a free OS like parabola or trisquel
if you use a vpn use openvpn, not their propriatary client
also if youre worried about the vpn just use tor in addition to the vpn
the vpn can protect you against infected computers on your own network. if you share network with your not so tech savvy family they can infect your computer through LAN so a vpn solves that

VPNs do that on purpose so they're not constantly harassed by law enforcement or journofags

People have gotten busted because law enforcement asks an ISP which customers were using Tor at a certain time and the ISP of course hands it over.

Nord speeds are typically slower for me, but torrents with enough seeders can still easily max my bandwidth. I don't use the client because I don't want all web activity going through the VPN. (Bank and work information is obviously me and would just make it more obvious I'm using the VPN. Other accounts I've used with my real IP don't use the VPN either because it's already profiled to my area.) I have a separate browser for anonymous/pseudonymous web stuff with Nord, though I typically use Tor unless I need faster bandwidth or exit nodes are blocked/restricted.
I use it because someone I know recommended it at the beginning of the shilling, and I didn't think much of it. I'll probably go with Mullvad after this expires.

Assuming this isn't bait, you don't do illegal shit on a VPN if your country's feds track that kind of shit.

Only a retard blindly trusts a 3rd party with illegal shit. I'm skeptical of Tor right now seeing how the devs want to fight against "hate speech" more than the drug/child trafficking their software is more frequently used for, but at least most cases of people getting arrested were for fucking up their own opsec, or not following recommended security/anonymity precautions.

How many cases were there of that happening? The only one I remember was some student making a bomb threat toward his school over Tor, but school internet logs showed he was the only Tor user at the time making him the obvious culprit.

Remember Proxychains? Is there a way to chain vpn's?