Attached: proxy.jpg (1528x900, 214.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gogs.librecmc.org/libreCMC/libreCMC/src/v1.4/docs/Supported_Hardware.md
wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Dmesg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The next router I'm going to buy is going to be one of these
gogs.librecmc.org/libreCMC/libreCMC/src/v1.4/docs/Supported_Hardware.md

Old hardware with OpenBSD.
I have some cheap ADSL+ modem/router, but it's only used as modem. What jack up the price is the router part, modem part is really cheap.

Huawei B525 LTE router. Cheaper and sometimes faster than a home broadband connection in my area. 70Mbps is max on a landline for about 50% more than an unlimited data SIM card which gets 50-120Mbps daily.

I have an OpenWRT VM running on my server, then a Linksys router with OpenWRT as an AP

Linksys WRT1900ACv2 running DD-WRT v3.0-r28788 std (01/13/16)
Linksys WRT54Gv4 running Tomato v1.28

I have a few other WRT54G routers of non-4 versions, and at least one BEFSR41 wired router, but none of those are being used. I use a basic D-Link 5 port gigabit switch in my office to provide network service for my primary desktop, my 486, my first computer (AMD K6-2), and any game systems I would connect via ethernet. Everything else connects via WiFi or directly to the WRT1900AC, like the dining room computer, and my two wireless laser printers.

I've had problems in the past getting VLAN on openWRT routers enabled, if it works for your servers than I'm glad it's at least possible.

I'm currently not using any VLANs, but eventually I'd like to. Networking isn't my strongest subject so my setup is relatively basic

Asus AC68U
No reason for anything better, maybe except for cheating bandwidth.

some cisco botnet thing. it was really cheap and has gigabit ports so it was a big upgrade from the unmanaged switch that could only do 100m. it even has wifi but on a removable card instead of in the soc like the normal consumer routers have.

why not openwrt? that ddwrt is very insecure if you really run a unpatched version from 2016

Honestly, I stopped caring after Tomato stopped being updated, and I just installed whatever I could find the least bullshit site for when I got the router in the mail. Right now, I don't trust my power to update the firmware of anything. To save a mountain of text, ancient electrical system from what seems to be the late 1950s, keeps fucking off, and I don't own the property, so I can't discretely re-wire the house.

ok then.. think its mostly some denial of service stuff anyway so a reboot should fix if it ever happens.

Wut?

Attached: apc-bk350ei-uninterruptible-power-supply-ups.jpg (584x584, 9.96K)

How do you get working https with those nowadays? It seems that either the certificates validity expired, or it doesn't support ciphers which are necessary.

why would a router do such things? sounds like bloat to me

Access to GUI via https rather than http is bloat?

those would usually use self signed certs and you can always ignore the warnings. not having it encrypted on the lan isnt the end of the world tho and will make the thing perform better on low end routers. the cpu load caused by a encryption capable httpd on a shitty arm router is huge and may even make the whole thing unresponsive if you move between pages too quickly.

Should we stick with telnet too in favour of SSH because of the later purportedly being "bloat" as well?

You could login to your router directly at the serial console. That's the safest, simplest solution that avoids all need for encryption overhead, and you can control it from any dumb terminal, even one that you built yourself with a microncontroller.

We're talking home routers with Tomato here which don't even have a serial interface. Besides, console is used for initial configuration and in emergency situations (such as needing to reconfigure the network interface which normally connect to), apart from that encrypted in-band access is always more convenient and preferred.

Maybe it doesn't have RS-232 port, but there's probably pins or header inside you can plug wires into. You can open it or check the dmesg. For example on this one it shows
ttyS00 at 0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550AttyS01 at 0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Dmesg
Anyway I don't agree web interface is more convenient. I hate all those stupid shits that often depend on javascript, just give me a shell.

mikrotik ftw

Attached: fbi very cool.png (679x427, 13.62K)

I have a dumb terminal with a built-in modem, and I dial directly into whatever site I want to visit.

Attached: pepe.jpg (480x360, 25.71K)

Dialup. unironically the most secure way to use the net, have fun backdooring a burner phone.

Dialup. It's the only thing available because satellite internet is priced like they want me to sell my liver and kidney here. Then there's DSL from the library but that's 20 miles away.

didnt know that its still available somewhere

AOL still operates dial-up for costumers in remote areas where it is the only option

Is it bad that I use my ISP-provided router? I get excellent speeds, ping, bufferbloat, etc. And I always use a VPN.

pfsense