Securing your workplace computer

I'm going to stop being a NEET soon and I will have my own machine in the office. I get to set it up myself, so the software side is not a problem. It's the hardware I'm worried about, I don't want a co-worker to connect a keylogger to my keyboard cable before I come in to word, grab my password and then put CP or some shit on my computer after I go home to get me into trouble.

How can I secure my computer best? When it comes to the keyboard I can just bring my own from home, it's a mechanical keyboard, so I can come up with an excuse how "I'm really used to this one" or something autistic like that. But what about the tower itself? I can't start gluing security seal stickers on the case and check them every morning without looking like a paranoid weirdo.

I am going to use a diceware passphrase, six words should be enough, right? I use pass as my password manager, what is the best way of synchronizing passwords between different machines?

Attached: USB_Hardware_Keylogger.jpg (800x715, 32.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@31.74691111,-89.12173333,145m/data=!3m1!1e3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I guess the best way to be secure is to only use it for job purposes and absolutely nothing more.
And if you need something for slacking time, then I guess a netbook you never leave out of sight.

Keep the tower in a lock-in case. People can't physically get to it without tampering with locks or the case itself.

You have zero control over office computers you nut.

now thats some real autism

Sure, that's all I intend to use it for.

That just makes me look like a weirdo, I want to hide my power level. I'll be sharing the office with three other people and I don't think the office will be locked when no one is in there either.

This and strictly follow it.

also this.

The best way to not get sabotaged is to just not be a cunt. Even if you are some autist who browses image boards all day and have just got your first job it shouldn't be diffucult to get along with the 4 other people in your office. Just don't under any circumstance bring up anything you have read on a chan, or act in anyway like you would on an image board and you will be fine.

I know that, I'm not that autistic. Thing is, there will always be someone who just doesn't like your face or some shit. Or someone who wants to do some shady shit and needs a machine he is not associated with for that purpose. And what better target than the new guy who doesn't have any standing yet, can be fired at any moment's notice, and for whom no one would stand up? Sometimes you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

cant you just turn on disc encryption and turn off booting from removable media and always lock the session/log out when you have to go away from it. most people wont know what to do then and it will take more time to do anything even if they do.

and you could even put some glue on the bios battery so it cant be easily removed and have one of those tampering detection sensors so it shows a warning if someone tried to open the case. there are many things that you can do if you are autistic enough. just use your brain.

Don’t show off your power level.

that's awfully descriptive, has this shit happened in the past for you?

Attached: the fuck you on about nigga.jpg (658x960, 61.67K)

My software job gives us laptops. It would be incredibly obvious if someone stuck a keylogger onto it.

Your work controls your work computer, not you.

Your paranoia will not serve you well

This

This

your office space has no surveillance? that would be insane for any employee to sabotage a fellow worker in such a way. I would think he or she would get caught on camera, tinkering with your shit.

ALso is a bios password + user password not good enough? they would need to take your computer apart to get into it.

scratch that bit.

Nobody will do anything of the sort. Actually, no such thing has ever happened in the history of humanity.
If someone wants to exploit you, they will use your blindspot, which seems to be human contact. The more you act unnaturally like a sperg/outcast, the less weight your word will have in need. Befriend your colleagues instead, otherwise if you become that weird dude in the corner, I can just spread rumors about you in management/HR and people will suck it up.

You will not be allowed to modify the software or computer itself in any way at 99% of work environments. No one is going to plant CP on your work station. Focus on not being such a paranoid sperg and keeping your mouth shut about things not related to work.

lol, if you are like that you won't be not a NEET for long dude, you sound hyper-autistic. Instead of being worried about the hebrew CIA lizards spying on you or whatever you believe in try to act like a normal dude once in a while. It'll get you much farther.

IT dept. here, lmao@your autism. we have access to all work computers, nothing is safe from us

Attached: 14259584132.jpg (489x499, 24.57K)

Why are you so scared that this is going to happen?

Unless you're where I work.

Attached: IMG_20190703_1222044.jpg (2176x3264, 1.46M)

lol

(checked)
based

Encrypt the filesystem, use a physical key. So even if they have your password that won't be enough. Keep a copy of the key elsewhere, maybe your personal computer which uses a different key.
It's still possible to get to ya (physical access after all, they could replace your whole machine, send your key to their server when it boots and make it like you're using your machine when you aren't), but nobody will bother with it just to fuck with you.

Someone could plant CP on your computer, but they could also enter your home, plant a corpse there and call the cops. If someone really wants to fuck you they can, just don't piss people off to the point they'll go through all that trouble and you'll be fine.

You will likely find the IT Department has a set of software requirements, especially if its their computer. AV, Station Monitoring, File-sharing, VPN, vPro/ME, etcetera. Depending on the level of security they provide you will have to adjust your own.
If you also get the benefit of admin, Event Viewer will log all peripheral connections, failed password attempts, reboots, updates. Auditing this is trivial, usually doesnt raise any flags with IT, and reliable assuming you have a secure password with bitlocker disk encryption.
Dont turn off the computer. If you find your computer has been rebooted without you present, do an audit.
Chances are the following is your best and only option to not get found out by IT or coworkers. Get a cheap android phone, load some Nintendo ROMs on it and play with it on breaks so it has a purpose
There are a lot of open source programs like Haven that record the mic, cam, and movements which you can audit offline later (tor and vpns of your own often get flagged). Leave your 'play phone' on top of the tower. It might be illegal to mic or cam someone without knowledge, but nothing about movement. If you plug it in to the tower it may even be able to detect reboots by auditing the android USB.
I worked in a office where people regularly played pranks with others computers, mostly when one forgot to lock it physically or ctrl+l.

If you judge your IT folk to be of weeaboo taste, then you can get on their good side by sending them Neptunia ISOs and private-tracker/usenet tier quality pirated content.

Put your computer (a portable PC setup) on a flash drive. Unplug and take it home with you.
-Advantage: it can't get hacked while you're away because it isn't there.
-Disadvantage: if niggers mug you on the way home you're fucked

or this

that is an excuse to put it in a lock-in case faggot.

Never break the golden rule:
Only use a work computer for work related matters.
Get a burner email if there's a woman at work wanting to hook up with you and use that.

Seriously nigger?
google.com/maps/@31.74691111,-89.12173333,145m/data=!3m1!1e3

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1003x545, 708.04K)

I'm going to give you the soundest Zig Forums advice possible:
See a fucking therapist.
The fact you actually think a random coworker is going to out of nowhere attach a keylogger or dump cp on your work computer tells me you have a myriad of issues and need to fix your brain before you even think about using retarded imageboard advice for technology from a place that worships a guy that can't even install linux.

OP ignore the glownigger.
Be cautious, keep your ear to the ground, and head in your work. The kind of people you're right to be concerned about normally telegraph their intentions very early so avoid them, or keep your social interactions with them as minimal, and formal as possible. (i.e. never get friendly - or they'll ask for 'favors' so they can fuck you over)

How do you know your mom isn't slipping nanomachine spybots into your tendies?

OK famalam, say hi to Mickey Mouse in your Disney world.

better stay away from any women in workplaces. they can accuse you of rape later and they are also the kind of people that can do very bad things because no one believes that the woman would do such things. at minimum you risk losing your job by fucking around with people you have to work with.

Open work computer and plug in raspberry pi every morning. Ignore the botnet x86 guts that probably have keylogger connected on them. Open computer and remove raspberry at end of day and take it home with you.

Attached: 1549237721282.png (460x628, 688.1K)

Take the storage home with you at night. Tell them it's so you can do extra work at home.

That's where I always go wrong. I forget that all the time. Fortunately I currently work with Redditfags that are even worse, so I manage to avoid being the biggest sperg there.

This. Also, just ask the sysadmin if there are any standard security measures they expect you to implement. But probably not, so just be safe with your browsing and general usage, get NoScript to prevent the remaining risk of embarrasment and feel good hiding behind the corporate firewall that will pull the major weight in that regard.
You could use full disk encryption, but on a office machine you should ask yourself if you actually want to. On a Laptop, sure, but it could safe the day to be able to access stuff on your machine if you get hit by a bus after work. Sure, they'll have the git repo, but it'll always be one step behind what you were doing.

In general, your colleagues are your colleagues, not your friends. Be nice to everyone, but at the same time, be twice as distanced as you are nice. Talk only about work related things and light chatter. You can open up to them when you are not working together anymore, or if the pay is so bad that you don't really care to keep the job.

stop working at large companies user