Share your dream computer, Zig Forums:

Share your dream computer, Zig Forums:

Attached: 701.gif (1280x1207 7.85 MB, 106.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mntre.com/media/news_md/2019-05-20-reintroducing-reform.html
newegg.com/p/2NS-0006-1W0V0?Item=9SIA25V9298202
sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201708/17-070E/index.html
oldcomputers.net/amiga4000.html
qubes-os.org/hcl/#hardware-laptops
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is pretty close: mntre.com/media/news_md/2019-05-20-reintroducing-reform.html

Probably a government issued (or totally non-pozzed) Toughbook CF-31 that Runs strictly on Tails + Whonix out of one of these (pic related).

Attached: armory-mark-one.png (838x656, 596.84K)

Everyone's talking about laptops, so I'll go the IBM 360 route.

newegg.com/p/2NS-0006-1W0V0?Item=9SIA25V9298202
Give me a rack of these for bulk computation.

sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201708/17-070E/index.html
Fill a second rack with these for long-term storage.

Development terminals would be some variety of laptops that SSH into the servers when necessary.

Graphics stations would consist of a rack filled with graphics cards feeding into motherboard with a CPU clocked as high as possible. Made to run hot, the system would have its own HVAC(minus the H) system to maintain good temps. This would have a standard keyboard+mouse+monitor setup, but would also be a testing spot for various hardware for simulations(cockpits, VR treadmills, )

The last part of my computer would be small army of full-time devs to burn 4,000 hours each week on a set of projects of my choosing.

For software, I'd start the team off developing an OS to efficiently distribute simulations/programs across the server severs/cores.
With that done, I'd set my team to tackle the following project first:

1. Create an ecosystem of neural nets that are each trained to solve an individual problem.
2. Create a traditional AI with hard-coded logic to make use of these nets to fill the role of personal assistant. This would be the core.
3. Refactor by replacing sections of hard-coded logic with nets.
4. Expand the ecosystem and core periodically, refactoring as needed.
5. teach the core to retrain nets periodically in the background

Holly fuck, I'm in.

Think of all of the wasted compute and dev time.

A laptop I can 100% (no ceiling) can prove mathematically it's fsf-approved

For a computer that old, it shouldn't be hard to modify TempleOS to work on that.

Whatever Apple chooses to release. I pay them to let to build the trendiest computer for me, so I can be free to experience all that life has to offer. It is liberating not have to spend my life pouring over tech reviews and benchmarks just to determine the hardware I'm going to collaborate with. Apple understands how I work in ways other companies cannot.

Attached: crapbook.jpg (1000x1000, 269.26K)

>16:10 1600p matte EQLD or SED display, 6000000:1 static contrast ratio at 0.5ms pixel response time
>4x USB 3.0, 2x USB-C, SD card reader, 1x BD and Floppy drive using FOSS firmware, headphone+ethernet port, DVI-E+VGA+SCART, 2x PS/2 for good measure
>4TB NVMe MRAM with a microwave killswitch
>Spark gap transmitter instead of onboard wireless to attract glownigs for the purpose of vehicular manslaughter

Are you trying to suggest that buying hundreds of thousands of dollars in hardware, and then millions in hiring an army of programmers to do random projects for fun would be wasteful?

wrong mindset
you need to start at the router level.

Asus X79-Deluxe
i7-4960x
8x 8GB DDR3 1600 CL11
Quadro M6000 24GB
2x 2TB Samsung 850 Pro
1080p 120Hz microLED
Logitech K120
Logitech G203
Edifier H180
Windows XP x64

forgot:
nh-u12a, single push fan
fractal define c
2x nf-a12x25 intake
1x nf-a12x25 exhaust

oldcomputers.net/amiga4000.html

did the kikes fix the quality problems? heard that they moved their productions to china and that was bad for the quality.

How usable is it in practice (drivers, compatibility with 32-bit, etc.)? Is it a better choice for an NT5 system capable of >4GiB RAM than 32-bit Server 2k3?

You run your storage devices in PIO mode, hogging the CPU whenever there's any I/O?

Ultimate XP/WS2003 machine?

As for dream machine: I just want a CF-U1 with a modern Atom or Ryzen APU. Fuck GPD, i'd pay big bucks for a Toughbook like that.

Or a CF-31 with Whiskey Lake because why not.

enjoy being rowhammered why even bother with hw killswitches and libreboot at that point.

cores

Only if you don't min/max your fun-value added after the fact by adhering to industry best practices in order to get the most out of your setup. That hardware ain't getting any newer and those devs' tendons and spinal disks ain't getting any younger. Rule over your domain with an iron fist full of KPIs and quantitative business modeling.

So with multicore CPUs, non-DMA I/O suddenly becomes a non-issue?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (620x400, 381.4K)

4:3 1080p means 1440x1080. That's worse than the 1600x1200 resolution we've seen on some ThinkPads of old, and 8 GB isn't a lot of RAM. You need more ambition, user.

It could also be 1920x1440 which was around on some CRTs. 4:3 1080p ultimately means nothing, hell, the "p" doesn't even make sense for computer displays.

I don't know why no manufacturer has used the Ipad Pro screen for anything. It's 12" 4:3 in some ungodly resolution; would be great on a proper machine. I guess Apple has exclusivity or something.

To go beyond 8GB you need at least DDR3, which means being vulnerable to Rowhammer.

The 'p' suffix kinda got to generically mean "pixels of vertical resolution".

embarassing

If you have a free DMA slot you'll get owned even by just plugging something you own in it or when some agent plug it in while you're out of town. Same with sd cards. Even USB is not secure, it can send keystrokes and create a program in under few seconds assuming they can bring up shell and have something to bypass root. Sometimes less is more.

oh

I don't think Risc V can do graphics, I just didn't specify because I don't reaaly care about it. It can be anything around the same performance as an Intel HD Graphics

I just meant the screen should be "Full HD", no 4k autism
And 8gb is more than enough

But is there anyway to actually protect your computer from physical access attack? I thought it was just game over. So I don't get why you're saying that. Shouldn't physical access be a problem only regarding "quick" physical access, meaning while you're out for 5 minutes for your stuff left at your desk or something like that (you could counter with port obstruction for example).

Full HD is a marketing term for 1920x1080, my man.
What's with the aversion to high resolution displays anyway? Finally, non-raster fonts don't have to look like blurry shit.

Never got around to owning one, they all sold out before I could even try one. It's a computer in itself, you can ssh into it, program it, other stuff. And yeah, microSD. But tbh, what I wanted is more or less impossible from what I gather, I could have sworn I read somewhere that Tails and Whonix were possible, but nah, most people just use Qubes + Whonix, which you can't even install on Toughbooks beyond MK1 it seems, according to their compatible devices.

qubes-os.org/hcl/#hardware-laptops

So basically what if gpd plagiarized the thinkpad. Keep the internals small to maximize battery size. Upgrading or changing architectures should be as easy as swapping a mainboard.

Attached: gpd-xd-xl.jpg (1920x1080, 306.96K)

Attached: 8222915d56477a0345f113f888189a17b191ecdbb4ed4cb44b0e35f5fdf8a0cc.jpg (4032x3024, 3.5M)