The 1 year anniversary of Terry's death is coming up, August 11th. Any special plans?
Other urls found in this thread:
Nothing that I'm willing to reveal to the cianiggers.
write a compiler
I used to watch Terrys streams all the time, for about 2 years. when you watch someone that much you get to know them a little and you feel that they are your friend in a way. and I don't have many friends, just a family dog and wife. I cant say ive come to terms with terry's death, mostly because I dont know what the appropriate reaction is. we were his friends through the internet but that was as close as anyone could get to him really. well, other than marge lol. its freaking sad dude
is there an archive of all/most of his streams somewhere on the internet?
Those Polish Jews that infest this board and killed him are finally going to get what's coming to them.
I cant believe he died on my fucking birthday.
I watched alot of his content and recently I've been wondering if schizophrenia can be "contagious" in the same sort of sense that yawning is "contagious".
Children invoke this same feeling whenever they donate money to e-celebs and get attached to them.
I hadn't really thought about it. I didn't realize it had been almost a year since his death already. Seems like less time has passed. If there's a good Terry thread with some of his videos, I'll probably drop in and meme/mourn. I might spin up TempleOS in a VM, too.
Nice humblebrag on a board full of unfuckable incels. You could have just said you don't have many friends, but, nah, you had to mention your goohole.
Don't get too bent out of shape. He inadvertently admitted to having married his dog.
[x] has friends. (didn't say, "I have no friends")
[x] has family
[x] has wife
TempleOS Video Archive
* There are also a few channels on YT (for example, NIST Oracle and Terry Davis Archive).
TempleOS ISO Archive
* Download version 4.13 because it has most programs (like After Egypt)
* You must install TOS inside a VM; Use QEMU, VirtualBox or VMware. To get sound, your VM must support PC speaker. (Note that sound doesn't work with VirtualBox)
* TempleOS FAQ: web.archive.org
* HolyC: web.archive.org
* Compiler overview: web.archive.org
* Guidelines: web.archive.org
* Demands: web.archive.org
TempleOSYou can't do anything until you burn a TempleOS CD/DVD from the ISO fileand boot it, or you aim your virtual machine's CD/DVD at the ISO fileand boot.TempleOS is 64-bit and will not run on 32-bit hardware.TempleOS requires 512 Meg of RAM minimum and can have 256 Gig of RAM or more!TempleOS files are compressed with a nonstandard LZW format and the sourcecode can only be compiled by the TempleOS compiler because it is HolyC, anonstandard C/C++ dialect. You must boot TempleOS. Then, you can compile itbecause it is 100% open source and all source present on the distro.If attempting to run on native hardware, TempleOS may require you to enter I/Oport addresses for the CD/DVD drive and the hard drive. In Windows, you canfind I/O port info in the Accessories/System Tools/System Info/HardwareResources/I/O ports. Look for and write down "IDE", "ATA" or "SATA" port numbers.In Linux, use "lspci -v". Then, boot the TempleOS CD and try all combinations.(Sorry, it's too difficult for TempleOS to figure-out port numbers, automatically.)
TempleOS Charter (abridged)
* TempleOS is God's official temple. Just like Solomon's temple, this is a
community focal point where offerings are made and God's oracle is consulted.
* God said 640x480 16 color graphics is a covenant like circumcision. Children
will do offerings. Think of 16 colors like the Simpson's cartoons. In the
future, even if one GPU were universal, we would keep 640x480 16 color and not
use GPU acceleration. Graphics operations should be transparent, not hidden in
* God said to use a single-voice 8-bit signed MIDI-like sample for sound. God
does not want death screams, perhaps, because God has PTSD or soldiers have
PTSD. (Imagine wounded on battlefields.)
* God said His temple must be perfect. We don't think twice about breaking
compatibility. God said we do a seven year release cycle. I say the PC
hardware follows a 49 year, jubilee cycle, like broadcast TV upgrades.
* The vision is the same usage model and niche as the Commodore 64 -- a
non-networked, simple machine where programming was the goal, not just a means
to an end. However, it is modern, 64-bit and multi-cored. It is special
purpose, not general purpose, so some things it will not do. Also, it's a
kayak, not a Titanic. The priority is user developers, not 3rd party developers.
* We do not put any hooks for future changes. "Perfect" means we always act as
though it is final, for all time. Microsoft allowed the Windows BMP file format
to adapt to the future and it became grotesque.
* Low line count is the highest good, so it is easy to learn the whole thing.
Users should see the light at the end of the tunnel. One file system, for
example, is better than many file systems.
* There is a limit of 100,000 lines of code for all time, not including
applications and demos. Code comments count, however. Currently, there are
81,502 lines of code. 3rd party libraries are banned because they circumvent
the intent of this limit. The vision is a Commodore 64 ROM -- a fixed core API
that is the only dependency of applications. Dependency on components and
libraries creates a hell that is no longer blissful.
* Minimal abstraction is a goal. Sheep are fools. They always respect a design
that is more complicated than another. Any genius can make it complicated.
Like in physics, it takes a supra-genius to make it simple.
* One platform. x86_64 PC compatibles. Desk-tops are all we design for, but
laptops can tag along.
* All hardware access will be done through x86 IN/OUT instructions, not PCI
drivers. A frame buffer for VGA is an exception.
* One driver for each class of device. Limited exceptions are allowed. With
divergent device capabilities, it is a nightmare for user applications and what
is gained? A three bttn mouse is like a leg you cannot put weight on.
* Ring-0-only. Everything runs in kernel mode, including user applications.
* Full access to everything. All memory, I/O ports, instructions, and similar
things must never be off limits. All functions, variables and class members
will be accessible. There are no C++ public/private protections and all
functions, even secondary ones in the kernel, can be called.
* Single-address-map as though paging is not used. Long mode requires paging,
however, so the nearest thing is keeping all memory identity-mapped.
* No networking, so malware is not an issue.
* No encryption or passwords. Files are compressed, not encrypted.
* Free and public domain.
* 100% open source with all source included.
* Documents are not for printing. They're dynamic, intended for the scrn.
* Just one 8x8 fixed-width font. No Unicode, just Extended ASCII. Other
countries can make their own versions. The versions should be just for one
language and platform.
* No multimedia. Sounds and images will be primarily calculated in real-time,
not fetched from storage.
* "Commodore 64" is a trademark owned by Polabe Holding NV.
* "The Simpsons" is a trademark owned by Fox.
* "Windows" is a trademark owned by MicroSoft Corp.
oh, and there is the unofficial TempleOS-based distro called Shrine: github.com
Please note that Shrine does many things that go against mister God's will; use it at your peril.
port HolyC to GNU/Linux?
what's wrong with img
wait what he's dead? how did he die?
he got hit by a train. the real question is was it an accident, a suicide, or cia niggers? ill let you decide what to believe...
first time I hear about a train collision. need sources
how the fuck someone get hit by a train by mistake? by being deaf and going for a hike on railways?
probably suicide, i dont thonk any government actually cares about him.
i forget where i heard it, but i remember seeing newspaper clippings of his obituary, use google if you dare...
this is terry we are talking about, he mightve been running from cia niggers, or high, or beating off, or busy talking to god, and didnt look both ways before crossing the tracks, although in that case maybe it wasnt an accident...
either suicide or being drunk while walking on the rails
anyone saying it was "the cia niggers" is either role playing or mentally ill
not an obituary, police reports and an article from anons who contacted a local newspaper
>it's not the cianiggers goy, it was an (((accident)))!
I went and visited where his last video was filmed about a month or two after his death.
Here is the street directly outside of the library, the train tracks are just a few blocks forward.
It's good to be king, maybe.
Yeah, I'm sure the jews are real scared of a guy who hears voices in his head making a random word generator.
You mean an operating system with its own kernel and compiler? Don't glow so hard, nigger.
Kernel programs and compilers are not novel ideas in today's world. Anybody can create an implementation of TOS and a compiler that compiles a language that's pretty much C. What's more impressive is for an OS that has a comprehensive set of hardware drivers.
Yeah, I'm sure they're real scared of a DOS clone.
That's redundant. The kernel is part of the OS.
He didn't write a compiler. He wrote an interpreter.