LARPers try to make a simple program

Robert Flores
Robert Flores

How long are you going to dodge this clear fact that should be apparent for everyone by now: you Cniles can't even make a text editor. You can't make anything. You are completely useless. Your unsafe language is dangerous and so are you.
Let's list concrete basic requirements now so you can't try to weasel yourself out for umpteenth time by combination of lies and referring to obscure/dead/historic projects:
1. Text editor must be written in C or in C++. Spelled out in simplest terms possible: source code must not contain any other language.
2. Text editor must have graphical user interface
3. Text editor must have feature parity with Microsoft Notepad, excluding following features: Page setup and Print
4. Source with build instructions must be available
5. Executable binary providing usable editor must be provided for Linux 4.0+ only, with Windows 10 and macOS builds as applaudable but not obligatory
6. You may seek anyone outside this board for help, but links to source and executable must be delivered to 8ch.net/tech
7. There is no time limit for completion as software projects are never really complete. However, working and runnable version no matter how buggy is to be expected by end of October. Failure to deliver that much is failure of challenge.
8. Any attempt to weasel out of this challenge will be interpreted as surrender and silent admittance that C/C++ is useless shit language and Cniles community consists entirely of useless idiots.
That is all. Think you very smart elite C/C++ hackers can do that much with your superior programming language? Too difficult? At least try.

Attached: LARPers-BTFO.jpg (54.75 KB, 400x400)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mawww/kakoune
github.com/9fans/plan9port
archive.fo/mnbNo
archive.is/oUEwA
clojure.org/community/success_stories
github.com/azzamsa/awesome-cl-software
youtube.com/watch?v=Ox2H3kUQByo&t=37m40s)
wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit
zigforums.com/thread/952400/technology
zigforums.com/thread/923254/technology
packages.debian.org/buster/amd64/gedit/download
github.com/GNOME/gedit
github.com/GNOME?utf8=✓&q=gedit
github.com/GNOME/gedit/find/master
github.com/notepadqq/notepadqq
github.com/fox0430/moe
github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs
tarot.freeshell.org/leafpad/
tech-recipes.com/rx/909/windows-notepad-insert-time-and-date-into-text-or-log-file/
savannah.nongnu.org/download/leafpad/leafpad-0.8.17.tar.gz
ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/leafpad/leafpad_0.8.18.1-5_amd64.deb
anonfile.com/a5R4Ib0ena/leafpad-0.8.17.tar_gz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_hid_the_facts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Notepad
anonfile.com/eep5e211nd/leafpad-0.8.17.tar_gz
github.com/wine-mirror/wine/blob/master/programs/notepad/main.c
anonfile.com/Z0k0g914n9/leafpad-0.8.17.tar_gz

Evan Scott
Evan Scott

github.com/mawww/kakoune

Thomas Wilson
Thomas Wilson

Doesn't fulfill the requirements. Try again, LARPer!

Hudson Brooks
Hudson Brooks

You seem mad. It fulfills all requirements and I've maintained this project since 2012. It's based on Vim and runs on all OSs you listed and some you didn't.

Adrian Cruz
Adrian Cruz

It fulfills all requirements
No it doesn't

Jackson White
Jackson White

Which requirements does it not fill?

Joseph Gomez
Joseph Gomez

Looks like at least one useless Lisp homo is so upset she forgot just about every editor is made with C or C++, while the original Kizuna Ai text editor challenge for Lisp homos was given precisely because not a single editor made in Lisp exists. lmao make a house in your own asshole loser

Attached: 1159006618899.jpg (45.63 KB, 451x392)

Daniel Walker
Daniel Walker

acme meets all requirements except for #3, which can be easily mediated by scripts because text editors shouldn't need to print things

here's the link for the C implementation of it: github.com/9fans/plan9port

Elijah Phillips
Elijah Phillips

also, i'm going to assume you're the OP from

i'd post a b8 pic but i guess i took it

Evan Powell
Evan Powell

It doesn't fulfill 1, 2, 5 and 6 at least.

what is emacs

Doesn't fulfill the requirements

Nolan Butler
Nolan Butler

i'd post a b8 pic but i guess i took it
user, here's a pic for recognizing something is bait and still taking it

Attached: heavy-bait.png (916.11 KB, 680x1147)

Matthew Carter
Matthew Carter

what is emacs
Editor partially written in C.

John Walker
John Walker

taking more bait, which ones?
inb4 not a graphical interface
it is, and it's better than any other GUI out there because of its lack of menus. it just doesn't display pictures because it doesn't need to

Ryder Morales
Ryder Morales

1, 2, 3, 5, and 6

Jaxson Stewart
Jaxson Stewart

Maybe Cniles just need very simple instructions to follow. How about this pic related? You can do it, come on little buddies.

Attached: 1fbf337d312a11559a212981ef9e4f2dbfb9dfeccc38e73bd9b7c24035575795.png (7.71 KB, 575x396)

Andrew Torres
Andrew Torres

What's with this incredibly fucking specific context? Must be for linux why? What has the OS got to do with your ability to program? Must have printing? How many people even own a fucking printer, how are you supposed to test if it works? Can YOU test and confirm that it works?

Caleb Thompson
Caleb Thompson

waah these goalposts suck
then move them. Write an editor for windows without printing.

Eli Fisher
Eli Fisher

What's with this incredibly fucking specific context?
I don't know. Consult the archives
archive.fo/mnbNo
archive.is/oUEwA
Must have printing?
<excluding following features: Page setup and Print

Asher Torres
Asher Torres

Why is that important? What is the meaning that it has parts written in C?

Ethan Harris
Ethan Harris

This. It is already done. It has a binary that you can build for yourself.

Owen Cruz
Owen Cruz

you can build for yourself
<5. Executable binary providing usable editor must be provided for Linux 4.0+ only, with Windows 10 and macOS builds as applaudable but not obligatory
Try again.

Nolan Campbell
Nolan Campbell

Done
github.com/mawww/kakoune

Michael Barnes
Michael Barnes

Oh so the context was made by some anti-lisp fag. Didn't really pay attention to that whole drama.

<excluding following features: Page setup and Print
Fuck, I completely misread that somehow and thought it said "including".

I might try then, sounds like an interesting project. I just have no interest learning the API for a different operating system because of some Zig Forums larpers. Using a library for parsing font files better be acceptable because otherwise forget it.

David Collins
David Collins

OP, do Qt Designer UI files count as "c++ only" or are these banned too?
And when you say "feature parity with Microsoft Notepad", does that include searching with Bing, or can we go without that one too? What about the statusbar and the ability to work with both LF and CRLF? Since I presume those were added on a later version of Notepad since I don't remember them being there before.

Hudson Anderson
Hudson Anderson

Read the thread. It doesn't fulfill the requirements.

he thinks that the requirements are fulfillable
I will just move the goalposts

Liam Reyes
Liam Reyes

Oh and also another question. Are you OP positing the Lisp challenge was completed in a way that there was an editor that meets your requirements here but written in Lisp? Since the challenge was aimed at Lisp users first, I think it's only fair your present your own solution in Lisp before asking C users to do the same, and so we can have a benchmark of how close the editor should match Microsoft Notepad to be considered to have "feature parity".

Matthew Martinez
Matthew Martinez

LARPers are already kvetching
Aworking and runnable version no matter how buggy is to be expected by end of October. Failure to deliver that much is failure of challenge.

Ethan Hill
Ethan Hill

Why are you using Yiddish words on an English website? Are you Jewish?

Camden Clark
Camden Clark

meanwhile lispers have created a lot of quality software

Emacsen, StumpWM and Light Table. Clojure's site also has this list clojure.org/community/success_stories and I also found this list github.com/azzamsa/awesome-cl-software According to (((wikipedo))), Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot were also programmed in a lisp called "GOAL" and it's predecessor "GOOL". Lisp was also used for scripting in The Last of Us (youtube.com/watch?v=Ox2H3kUQByo&t=37m40s) and Age of Empires 2 and Halo: Combat Evolved/Halo: Custom Edition (blamscript)

Attached: 2012.jpg (33.16 KB, 363x400)

John Edwards
John Edwards

Those links aren't working for me.

Grayson Jones
Grayson Jones

github.com/mawww/kakoune
This meets all the requirements.

Julian Wright
Julian Wright

Looks like a console app to me.
I will just move the goalposts
Then why just make the initial goals so specific? I thought this was an unironic challenge.

John Williams
John Williams

emacs, vim, nano
they can be ran on both linux and windows, which are both written in C, with the latter being 90% of the market share

Christopher Russell
Christopher Russell

Emacs is written in C. elisp only extends it. You could easily rip elisp from it and use the C-only core parts.

Cameron Robinson
Cameron Robinson

OP said it should have a GUI.

Aiden Thompson
Aiden Thompson

Try reading the thread before posting.

archive.fo/mnbNo
archive.is/oUEwA

Try reading the OP before posting.

Try reading the OP before posting.

Levi Stewart
Levi Stewart

github.com/mawww/kakoune
I've read the thread and it meets all the requirements.

Adrian Watson
Adrian Watson

It's ncurses, dude. That's not a GUI.

Levi Hill
Levi Hill

it doesn't. Try rereading the thread.

Isaac Mitchell
Isaac Mitchell

Ohh, nvm. I see what you're doing, it's satire. Ok.

Tyler Long
Tyler Long

It is written in C and includes Python for Plugins, so they don't have to be compiled for every system and can be distributed easily.
However I think those faggots could have just included the 0.5MB LuaJIT instead of the 25MB Python interpreter.

Ethan Campbell
Ethan Campbell

doesn't fulfill the requirements

Jose Moore
Jose Moore

There are the original threads in case anyone gets frustrated by navigation links not working in the archives
zigforums.com/thread/952400/technology
zigforums.com/thread/923254/technology

Kayden Hernandez
Kayden Hernandez

Which does it not fulfill?

Blake Ward
Blake Ward

He already said he's going to claim it doesn't fulfill the requirements no matter what.

Nathaniel Hill
Nathaniel Hill

5. Executable binary providing usable editor must be provided for Linux 4.0+ only, with Windows 10 and macOS builds as applaudable but not obligatory

Ryan Wright
Ryan Wright

Executable binary providing usable editor must be provided for Linux 4.0+ only
Nigger, are you too stupid to read. Let me break it down for you:
The only required binary is one that runs on Linux 4.0+.
gEdit does fulfill that.

Brandon Watson
Brandon Watson

You have to specify if the binary can rely on pre-existing libraries on the system or needs to be statically compiled.

Colton Howard
Colton Howard

Nigger, you are too stupid to read. Let me break it down for you:
Provided you have a usable editor you must provide a binary for Linux 4.0+.

Jaxon Davis
Jaxon Davis

Because if it's the first you can get it here packages.debian.org/buster/amd64/gedit/download

Jose Robinson
Jose Robinson

github.com/GNOME/gedit
C 78.4% Python 16.8% Objective-C 1.8% Meson 1.5% Shell 1.0% CSS 0.3% Other 0.2%
1. Text editor must be written in C or in C++. Spelled out in simplest terms possible: source code must not contain any other language.

Bentley Martinez
Bentley Martinez

Nigger, you can remove the plugin system.

Angel Williams
Angel Williams

Joseph Walker
Joseph Walker

github.com/GNOME/gedit
On both pages you can download the source code.

Evan Ross
Evan Ross

see

Owen Turner
Owen Turner

Source instructions are included.

Lincoln Sanders
Lincoln Sanders

Nigger
github.com/GNOME?utf8=✓&q=gedit
The program contains the python interpreter shit, written in C, but no source code written in python.

Thomas Edwards
Thomas Edwards

but no source code written in python
It does. see C 78.4% Python 16.8% Objective-C 1.8% Meson 1.5% Shell 1.0% CSS 0.3% Other 0.2%
Also I just ran Gedit. Where is the Time/Date feature Notepad has?

Gabriel Watson
Gabriel Watson

I take that back. It does contain some.

Nathan Bailey
Nathan Bailey

But only because some plugins are included by default github.com/GNOME/gedit/find/master

Xavier Barnes
Xavier Barnes

Then remove them. The requirements are clear. Onle C/C++ allowed and you must provide links to source with build instructions and binary for Linux 4.0+.

Elijah Clark
Elijah Clark

No they aren't You didn't specify whether the binary needs to be static, or whether the libraries need to be 100% C code too.

Dylan Carter
Dylan Carter

No they aren't
Not my problem

William Hill
William Hill

github.com/notepadqq/notepadqq
This should fulfill all requirements. It doesn't have plugins, so there shouldn't be any other programming languages included.

Samuel Collins
Samuel Collins

C++ rules!

Leo Rivera
Leo Rivera

Then feel free to claim C LARPers haven't been able to present a text editor that meets self-contradicting criteria, who cares lol.

Zachary James
Zachary James

C++ 87.7% JavaScript 7.8% QMake 2.0% HTML 1.4% Shell 0.5% CSS 0.3% Other 0.3%

No need to give up just yet. You have until the end of october.

Kevin James
Kevin James

It requires Xorg to run, the source for which includes non-C code (bash scripts and make files). Checkmate, C LARPers.

Benjamin Nelson
Benjamin Nelson

If the requirements are self-contradicting, they will be impossible to meet, now or two trillion years from now.
Which considering your ridiculous interpretation of them, they probably are, because the Linux kernel itself contains non-C files in it's source tree (make files and such)

Angel Lee
Angel Lee

Javascript extensions
fug. I thought it had none.
Nice try but it uses Qt and thus can use Wayland with 0 Xorg depencies.

Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson

I didn't make them. Not my problem.
archive.fo/mnbNo
archive.is/oUEwA

Christian Mitchell
Christian Mitchell

Nice try but it uses Qt and thus can use Wayland with 0 Xorg depencies.
Wayland's source contains non *.c(pp) files too. In fact the kernel itself does, so with OP's retarded interpretation of the rules they are self contradicting.

Matthew Green
Matthew Green

QMake 2.0% HTML 1.4% Shell 0.5% CSS 0.3% Other 0.3%
That's data and build scripts not programming languages.
Just need to find a text editor that doesn't have extensions. (If you went back in time you could get a binary of the programs meeting all requirements because extensions weren't added at that point)

John Jones
John Jones

The problem is you aren't interpreting them in good faith. Just because a project contains some non C files in its source it doesn't mean it isn't written in C if the other languages aren't required to be executed at runtime for it to work.

Nolan Sullivan
Nolan Sullivan

That doesn't matter since OP is a Jew who's main shilling tool is twisting words to his own advantage, meanwhile the objections in the original threads were reasonable, such as "Emacs needs runtime C components to work" or "that editor can't even save files to disk lol" not "hurr durr non C files".

Ryan White
Ryan White

qtcreator, kate. Pretty much all editors are written in c/c++ and only use other languages for optional plugins. Now tell me one "modern" text editor that isnt 99% c/c++ (electron)

Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris

Just need to find a text editor that doesn't have extensions.
How about you write one?

cry more

meanwhile the objections in the original threads were reasonable
It's alright when we do it

Ryder Morgan
Ryder Morgan

X is bad
prove me wrong
hahaha I'll never change my mind
quality thread by the avatarfag again

Cameron Turner
Cameron Turner

Who are you quoting?

Anthony Butler
Anthony Butler

github.com/fox0430/moe is getting pretty cool and it's Nim.

Gavin Jones
Gavin Jones

This. No matter how much OP twists the facts, all useful text editors (or pretty much any kind of software at all) are written in C/C++ or even fucking javascript, but not lisp.

Austin Walker
Austin Walker

what is emacs

Thomas Cox
Thomas Cox

A text editor written in C with a bunch of addons and macros written in elisp.

Brandon Reed
Brandon Reed

written in C
github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs
Emacs Lisp 59.5%

Zachary Clark
Zachary Clark

This thread is such a lisp-homo cope I can't decide if it's more sad or fun.

First, this is buttmad carbon copy of a "challenge" lisphomos couldn't do themselves but pretend they did, all the way down to using Kizuna Ai.
Second, it's a desperate board slide to distract from third lisphomo ridicule thread, it's been a year since first thread and still lispfags could deliver nothing.
Third, there are shittons of editors including complete IDEs made with C and C++ that are in common use so there really is nothing to prove.
Fourth, lispfags still don't understand is that if they go around claiming vast superiority of Lisp as a programming language but have absolutely nothing to show for that claim they eventually get a simple question about glaringly missing basic software made with their meme language.
Fifth, lispfags still don't understand it was never the utter lack of demonstrable software that made them a goddamn laughing stock all the way in (at least) halfchan, hackernews, twitter and reddit, it was their own response to that simple question.

I think I may have single-handedly destroyed Lisp. pic related

Attached: lisp-off-the-list.png (30.88 KB, 546x564)

Gavin Edwards
Gavin Edwards

seething
We are still waiting for a simple text editor written in C.

Eli Martinez
Eli Martinez

Emacs Lisp 59.5%
The text editor is written in C. The web browser, calendar organizer, psychologist and whatever other bullshit comes included with Emacs (all of them shitty clones of their standalone equivalents) are written in elisp.

Jordan Gonzalez
Jordan Gonzalez

MS Notepad

Alexander Fisher
Alexander Fisher

Then why don't you remove the LISP code and post it here as a text editor that fulfills the requirements?

post source code

Jaxon Williams
Jaxon Williams

tarot.freeshell.org/leafpad/
We can go all day, lispfag.

Levi Lee
Levi Lee

<gibsmedats source code for free lol
Kill yourself commienigger.

Jason Hill
Jason Hill

Now LISPfag has no excuses.

Nathaniel Evans
Nathaniel Evans

6. You may seek anyone outside this board for help, but links to source and executable must be delivered to 8ch.net/tech

Hunter Adams
Hunter Adams

based

Zachary Miller
Zachary Miller

Both are right there under downloads you absolute fucking nigger

Luke Flores
Luke Flores

The source with build instructions is available.
The links were delivered to 8ch.net/tech.

Easton Perry
Easton Perry

links to source and executable must be delivered to 8ch.net/tech

Logan Martinez
Logan Martinez

Is this your final stand? That you can't navigage a simple website?

Attached: 1447742239455.jpg (22.06 KB, 612x380)

Brody Lee
Brody Lee

Of course not.
3. Text editor must have feature parity with Microsoft Notepad, excluding following features: Page setup and Print
tech-recipes.com/rx/909/windows-notepad-insert-time-and-date-into-text-or-log-file/

Christopher Gutierrez
Christopher Gutierrez

4. Where it says DOWNLOAD nigger
6. link to source code is on the page links to binaries for different distros are also right there.

Joseph Green
Joseph Green

see

Aaron Stewart
Aaron Stewart

It has the insert date feature, it just have to press a difference sequence of keys to activate it.

Mason Wilson
Mason Wilson

see

Jaxson Evans
Jaxson Evans

lying
LOL
8. Any attempt to weasel out of this challenge will be interpreted as surrender and silent admittance that C/C++ is useless shit language and Cniles community consists entirely of useless idiots.

see

Landon Kelly
Landon Kelly

oh damn welp this is it bois we lost to F5 timestamp... oh wait Leafpad has that implemented? post proofs. this is getting exciting.

Attached: 1447246273217.gif (774.32 KB, 276x220)

Logan Ross
Logan Ross

savannah.nongnu.org/download/leafpad/leafpad-0.8.17.tar.gz
ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/leafpad/leafpad_0.8.18.1-5_amd64.deb

Aiden Lopez
Aiden Lopez

tfw Zig Forums will probably commit that absolute bullshit function to leafpad just to win that retarded argument
Plz no.

Gabriel Ortiz
Gabriel Ortiz

LARPers
doing anything
They can't even write a simple text editor. This whole thread is them just posting links to software written by others.

Julian Hill
Julian Hill

It's handy, if Leafpad doesn't have it it needs it.

Cameron Jones
Cameron Jones

It's already done and has been done ever since the birth of the C language.

Justin Phillips
Justin Phillips

Then why can't you post links to source and binary here?

Evan Hughes
Evan Hughes

challenge lisp fag to make a GUI editor
he claims it's impossible/he already won
change challenge so it's just a notepad clone
claims he already won spams thread
eventually someone posts racket editor
kinda works so at least GUIs are possible (in racket at least)

lisp fag challenges c/c++
within a day someone has posted a feature complete notepad clone
lisp fag starts claiming his internet connection is no good and he got hacked and someone is at the door brb
lmfao

Connor Thompson
Connor Thompson

within a day someone has posted a feature complete notepad clone

Zachary White
Zachary White

Also, I'm not the LISP fag. I'm just annoyed that you faggots have made yet another thread about this shit.

Logan Edwards
Logan Edwards

It's already done. You just keep saying "nuh uhhh"

Adam Gomez
Adam Gomez

Also, I'm not the LISP fag
Sure LISPfag.

Lucas Walker
Lucas Walker

It's already done.
quote the post then
Protip: you can't because it hasn't been done

Jack Lopez
Jack Lopez

github.com/mawww/kakoune

Levi King
Levi King

surely after posting it for the 5th time it will magically fulfill the requirement on its own
It doesn't fulfill the requirements.

Hunter Reed
Hunter Reed

I don't think this ever ends now because lisphomos are proven lolcows that keep on delivering. It ends after they either make the most beautiful text editor made with pure Common Lisp OR after reputation of Lisp and Lisp community has sunken so low it dies off completely. At present rate latter is more likely scenario (see Tiobe ranking above)

Nathan Scott
Nathan Scott

the most beautiful text editor
what is emacs?

Jaxon Kelly
Jaxon Kelly

Editor which has its core made of C, we've been over this a thousand times already.

Attached: 344562672.jpg (72.65 KB, 1280x720)

Dominic Gonzalez
Dominic Gonzalez

the objections in the original threads were reasonable
lel

David Gray
David Gray

bump

Aaron Thomas
Aaron Thomas

LISPfag's faggotry knows no bounds.

Anthony Gray
Anthony Gray

Yes. Emacs is mostly Lisp.

Brayden Rogers
Brayden Rogers

It does fulfill the requirements. You just keep saying "nuh uhh".

Nicholas Bailey
Nicholas Bailey

What do you mean bro? That feature has been there since forever
lying about me being a liar
Here, I compiled it for you so you stop whining about your stupid requirements. Binary is in the src folder. Instructions to build are in the INSTALL file.
anonfile.com/a5R4Ib0ena/leafpad-0.8.17.tar_gz

Attached: insert-date.png (41.9 KB, 716x554)

Luis Ortiz
Luis Ortiz

is the post, exists since simple html is too fucking hard for you to understand and calls you out on your bullshit.
imagine being this retarded

David Wright
David Wright

lying about me being a liar
Yeah. My mistake. I accidentally looked at an older version.
Anyways it still doesn't fulfill the requirements because it can't handle UTF-16.

John Edwards
John Edwards

But that's not a bug, it's a feature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_hid_the_facts

Jacob Brown
Jacob Brown

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Notepad
In the Windows NT-based versions of Windows, Notepad can edit traditional 8-bit text files as well as Unicode text files (both UTF-8 and UTF-16, and in case of UTF-16, both little-endian and big-endian).

Josiah Anderson
Josiah Anderson

<it can kinda sorta handle these kinds of files but then sometimes it causes horribly broken behavior with ASCII text
Then it's not a feature, it's a bug.

Zachary Smith
Zachary Smith

Try reading the article that you yourself have posted.

Adrian Gomez
Adrian Gomez

Just gets more embarrassing.

This issue was resolved in Windows Vista and newer versions of Notepad.
lmao

Jaxson Sullivan
Jaxson Sullivan

Just gets more embarrassing.
Indeed. It is just a simple text editor after all. Yet Cniles can't do it.

Alexander Gomez
Alexander Gomez

I know right. This lispfag gets BTFO yet again what a day.

Aaron Long
Aaron Long

Fair enough. I might try to add UTF-16 support later on. But not right now because I have to watch Joshimuz's GTA SA speedrun.

Owen Fisher
Owen Fisher

It feels good to be a C/C++had.

Daniel Clark
Daniel Clark

Why don't you write a simple text editor then? You have until end of october.

James Jones
James Jones

Why do you specify the kernel version? Almost every binary and compiled code is for Linux ~2.6.26-36 (I forgot which patch exactly), although the libc may be newer.

Carson Thomas
Carson Thomas

Because you shouldn't be using outdated shit.

Brody Moore
Brody Moore

(cont.)
What happens after the end of October, you ask?
I am in possession of the front hole pics of one Jessica Yaniv, a brave transwomyn, decorated for battle against parents (who would keep their 12-year-old daughters from Jessica's no-parents topless pool parties) as well as bigoted and hate-filled terroristic bikini wax purveyors (who refuse to administer to Jessica's girlcock and ladyballs).
If you fail to to write a simple text editor, but instead continue to spam this thread with short, boring shitposts, I am sure that the Jessica Yaniv's bottomly visage will inspire you to be more energetic and productive, like she must be to keep ahead of Trump's anti-trans death squads.

James Price
James Price

that's what you demanded in your thread, too.

you have no right to whine about that until you have written a JIT compiler and libc for your editor

Mason Nguyen
Mason Nguyen

a JIT compiler and libc
to clarify, you must also write the runtime for your editor to be on par with emacs.
emacs' lisp kernel (which is written in C) is part of emacs' runtime

Sebastian Taylor
Sebastian Taylor

You are missing the point. You don't need all these new features, programmers have worked without them for many years now, which is exemplified by the Linux 2.6.26-36 target instead of 4.0 or whatever. What new things would you earn from setting the target so high, and how would you use them?
I have never seen a program that had an higher target than Linux ~2.6.26-36 (as I said, I do not remember the exact patch version), never ever, not firefox, libreoffice, krita, gimp, lightworks, davinci resolve, etc. etc., but several with lower targets, such as Linux ~1.2.

Xavier Martin
Xavier Martin

I'd use WXwidgets if I wasn't at work.

Ryan Watson
Ryan Watson

are you at work 24/7, user? the thread'll still be here.

Jonathan King
Jonathan King

Wew thanks bro, that settles it, we won within a few hours while Lispturds are still struggling after a year.

We don't have to, we have plenty of text editors around written in C languages of all kinds of all complexities. One fulfilling all the goals was just posted and you insane motherfucker simply ignore it. You increasingly insane Lisp weenies on the other hand can only point at Emacs and even that is C in its most crucial part. You have absolutely nothing which is why the original thread became a quest to see if Lisp idiots can even make a editor with it after nobody managed to find one that worked.

Attached: 1531505467549.png (509.55 KB, 900x900)

Zachary Johnson
Zachary Johnson

Take your meds faggot

Ayden Perry
Ayden Perry

Congratulations OP you have reached levels of cope hitherto thought impossible. I'd give you a medal, but considering you niggers still haven't made a basic text editor for your ideal system I imagine an image editor would be asking for far too much. Bravo.

Adrian Scott
Adrian Scott

Amiga Notepad is only 52 KB. How big is Windows Notepad? How big is emacs? 'nuff said.

Attached: amiga1apps.png (6.53 KB, 640x400)

Connor Brooks
Connor Brooks

how big is a gnat?
how big is a mouse?
how big is a woman?
'nuff said.
brb kicking fiance out of house to make room for pet mice.

Logan Collins
Logan Collins

Calling C shit is like saying general computing is.
If you feel like it, uninstall yourself and never use a computer ever again

Adrian Morris
Adrian Morris

le cope
le seethe
When did this board turn into 100% Reddit by mass?

Carson Nguyen
Carson Nguyen

you have no right to whine about that until you have written a JIT compiler and libc for your editor
Is the Emacs kernel really a JIT compiler or just an interpreter? Do you have proof it's a JIT? Also proof Emacs doesn't use GNU's libc?

Jackson Ward
Jackson Ward

Since the birth of Reddit.

Zachary Nelson
Zachary Nelson

Imagine being so jewish that you have fantasies about 12 yo trannies... Jeez, you kikes sure are mentally ill.

James Sanchez
James Sanchez

12 yo trannies
No, 12 yo girls. Jessica Yaniv isn't gay. He wants to see girls.

Nolan Ross
Nolan Ross

Imagine being so jewish that you have fantasies about 12 yo trannies... Jeez, you kikes sure are mentally ill.
don't know about trannies but I would fuck 12 yo girl into her vagina, anus, mouth, ears
I did in the past but don't have and child pussy available at the moment. child pussy is best pussy

Eli Edwards
Eli Edwards

If you're so disatisfied about the results that Zig Forums puts out, then why don't you communicate in detail on what you actually want?

features
functions
library specifics
exclusion

List every single little thing as a requirement for your test, in clear details. Or just say "make it like notepad". Because honestly, I think you just wanna get high off your anger, whether you want to admit it or say you're not.

Benjamin Morgan
Benjamin Morgan

Well, tbh "make it like notepad" is a pretty high bar, because the Windows file picker is ahead of anything Linux has to offer, even the KDE one, and even better than fucking Nautilus. So to achieve feature parity in that respect you would need to do a better job of designing a file manager than the one shipped on GNOME distros by default.

Henry Garcia
Henry Garcia

The file picker isn't part of Notepad, though. It's part of Windows. You don't have to replicate that functionality.

Charles Foster
Charles Foster

I hope so.

Adam Howard
Adam Howard

Doesn't everyone know that human women are botnet?

Attached: d677167b95a16694ff001c7b6086df97fa741167f3ee76b1a9419a16082d638d.jpg (30.3 KB, 454x490)

Isaac Torres
Isaac Torres

Do my home work for me

Kayden Phillips
Kayden Phillips

Shut the fuck up, Donny. You're out of your fucking element.

Ryan Richardson
Ryan Richardson

Speak up more, Benny. You're in your fucking element.

Lucas Myers
Lucas Myers

Lisp homo OP's epic smart word-change of challenge she and her incompetent lispfag buddies couldnt't pull off in a year and subsequent complete dismissal of reality that multiple editors of all kinds already exist in C an C++ is a perfect example of seething cope posting.

William Campbell
William Campbell

Clock's ticking, Cniles. Program that text editor or else everyone will know that you're just a bunch of LARPers.

Hunter Bell
Hunter Bell

seeking help from cuckchan
lol

John Edwards
John Edwards

github.com/mawww/kakoune
Done.

Easton Thomas
Easton Thomas

Inherently false. A lot of Emacs' editing functionailty is written in Emacs Lisp. Just do a few C-h's and you will find that out, retard.

Attached: Oekaki.png (26.53 KB, 500x250)

Connor Lopez
Connor Lopez

Still doesn't fulfill requirements.

Nathaniel Stewart
Nathaniel Stewart

What did you mean by this?

Austin Allen
Austin Allen

why do you idiot fuckers keep engaging the troll? I don't even give a shit about lisp.

Julian Phillips
Julian Phillips

How odd. The comment I wrote last night got removed.

Joshua Mitchell
Joshua Mitchell

I got confused by this thread, as I had posted on that one, but not on this one.

Julian Stewart
Julian Stewart

She means all she can do is deny reality, all of it, to maintain her sick mind without breaking.

Grayson Phillips
Grayson Phillips

anonfile.com/eep5e211nd/leafpad-0.8.17.tar_gz
Alright, rustranny.
Leafpad has UTF-16 support. What's your excuse now? Can't you build a simple text editor with your magical cascading function macros?

James Reyes
James Reyes

an entire thread spawned from one faggots inability to make anything in LISP
These threads are the gifts that keep on giving

Matthew Taylor
Matthew Taylor

here run this pile of C
No thanks. That's how get pwned.
Did you change anything? If so provide a patch.
I'm definitely not combing through that shit just to find le epic backdoor that you put in to troll me.

Dylan James
Dylan James

<here run this pile of C
You don't have to run anything. You are free to read the source and find for yourself whether it meets the requirements.
No thanks. That's how get pwned.
If your only objection is you refuse to verify the provided code, then we're done here. We won and you've been confirmed as a LARPer.
Did you change anything? If so provide a patch.
That wasn't part of the challenge, so fuck off. We achieved feature parity with Notepad in two days and you lisphomos and rustrannies can't even make a text editor that saves to disk in a full year, so stop messing about with computers and go dilate.
If you want a patch you can download the original code from the leafpad website and run diff yourself.

Angel Jones
Angel Jones

You are free to read the source
I don't want to become braindamaged though.
we're done here. We won and you've been confirmed as a LARPer.
<Any attempt to weasel out of this challenge will be interpreted as surrender and silent admittance that C/C++ is useless shit language and Cniles community consists entirely of useless idiots.
We achieved feature parity with Notepad in two days
It still doean't support automatically appending the timestamp is the first line is .log.
Try again, Cnile LARPer.

Kayden Adams
Kayden Adams

I don't want to become braindamaged though.
Oh, don't worry. You already are.
Any attempt to weasel out of this challenge will be interpreted as surrender and silent admittance that C/C++ is useless shit language and Cniles community consists entirely of useless idiots.
You are the one trying to weasel out by claiming you don't know how to make a patch.
It still doean't support automatically appending the timestamp is the first line is .log
Fine. I'll add those too, along with "Go To..." and "Status Bar".

Nolan Morris
Nolan Morris

it didn't have go to
he still posted it knowing that it didn't fulfill the requirements
<Any attempt to weasel out of this challenge will be interpreted as surrender and silent admittance that C/C++ is useless shit language and Cniles community consists entirely of useless idiots.
How often did you Cniles violate rule 8 now?
pathetic

Ryder Rivera
Ryder Rivera

he still posted it knowing that it didn't fulfill the requirements
I didn't know MS Notepad had these features. I only learned about it when looking up what that .log shit you were talking about was.

Asher Jones
Asher Jones

How often did you Cniles violate rule 8 now?
Pretty sure not as much as you faggots did in the last year.

Austin Flores
Austin Flores

Actually, nevermind, it already has go to, it's just called Jump To.

Thomas Smith
Thomas Smith

I already told you though.

rewriting history
read rule 8, cnile

Levi Davis
Levi Davis

I already told you though.
No you didn't.

Nicholas Moore
Nicholas Moore

github.com/wine-mirror/wine/blob/master/programs/notepad/main.c

Brayden Thompson
Brayden Thompson

I'm not rewriting history nor violating rule 8. On the other hand this whole thread is a violation of it, since you are attempting to weasel out of the original challenge by asking for far more than you ever provided in lisp.

Brandon Roberts
Brandon Roberts

Look at all these Ctards violating rule 8 by posting editors they didn't write. The challenge is for you to write it, not just point at what someone else has done.

Blake Long
Blake Long

<Lisphomos literally seething as the challenge was completed in a day while theirs hasn't been completed in a year
Please show me where in that sentence it says the challenge is for the person who wrote the program to be the same as the person who posted the program.
Because if it's so, you didn't deliver either, since the user who posted Schlomopad admitted he copy pasted the code from an example he saw online.

Parker Collins
Parker Collins

When did autism become a programming language ?

Brandon Mitchell
Brandon Mitchell

github.com/mawww/kakoune
Done.

Lincoln Foster
Lincoln Foster

Please show me where
It does not say in that sentence. What that sentence does refer to is weaseling yourself out of the challenge.
The title of the thread is "LARPers try to make a simple program", that means the challenge is to make a program and not to just point at one that already exists.
Think you very smart elite C/C++ hackers can do that much with your superior programming language? Too difficult? At least try.
This implies that you should be writing the program. It's also obvious that you have to make it yourself as we already know an editor of Microsoft Notepad's ability exists in C / C++, because is Microsoft Notepad already is.

Nathan Young
Nathan Young

That is a terminal application and hence breaks rule number 2.

Ethan White
Ethan White

The title of the thread is "LARPers try to make a simple program",
Correct.
that means the challenge is to make a program and not to just point at one that already exists.
Nah, not really. The challenge is to write a text editor that meets the 8 requirements he listed.
The title is an ambiguous utterance. It could mean, for example, that OP thinks C is such a bad language that he doesn't think there's any existing programs written in it that could fulfill the requirements, and so people on this board (which he considers LARPers) will try to make a simple program to fulfill them.
If the program being written by the person who posts the code was a requirement, he would've made that an additional item in the list, or he would've specified that "help" doesn't include contributing code towards solving the challenge.

Nathan Roberts
Nathan Roberts

It's also obvious that you have to make it yourself as we already know an editor of Microsoft Notepad's ability exists in C / C++, because is Microsoft Notepad already is.
No, it isn't obvious. Microsoft Notepad doesn't meet the requirements of the challenge, because it's source code isn't available, it doesn't have binaries provided for Linux, and its code+binaries haven't been posted on Zig Forums.

Jeremiah Perez
Jeremiah Perez

suck my dick virgin anime nigger

Aaron Martin
Aaron Martin

You somehow managed to make a stupid thread even dumber. Congrats.

Jaxon Hall
Jaxon Hall

You're confused in believing that terminal applications do not have a GUI.

Oliver Cox
Oliver Cox

Ok, here's a version supporting .log, status bar, and all that good shit.
anonfile.com/Z0k0g914n9/leafpad-0.8.17.tar_gz

Jacob Cruz
Jacob Cruz

So Elisp is used to extend the editing functionality implemented in C? Glad we agree.

Ian Powell
Ian Powell

You can't even type letters without elisp. The keys are bound to an elisp function which inserts a character.

Aiden Adams
Aiden Adams

lispfags take months
cfags do it in days
well that about sums up the state of lisp

Brandon Hughes
Brandon Hughes

Let's see what obscure Notepad trivia he comes up with now to dismiss the challenge was won in days while they took months to present a fucking text box that couldn't even save to disk lmao

Lucas Cox
Lucas Cox

vim and emacs have guis

Tyler Kelly
Tyler Kelly

I hope you mean gvim.

Nicholas Hernandez
Nicholas Hernandez

It's fucking pathetic.
Also that "I won't read the source or else I'll become braindamaged too" line cracked me up.

Jayden Peterson
Jayden Peterson

Now you are literally seeing text that doesn't exist. Fuck damn this lispfag is broken enough to warrant closed ward.

Angel Phillips
Angel Phillips

I'm not testing patched editor or reading its source so chekcmate Cniles! nobody has proven me anything because I haven't seen anything!

Attached: ai-broke-it.png (207.22 KB, 502x504)

Isaac Thomas
Isaac Thomas

Hey, you're the one that wanted a binary, retard.

Hudson Butler
Hudson Butler

Binary requirement for original challenge was because no known specimen of lisp program shipped as binary that's simply click-and-run exists so they had that to prove too. Keep in mind OP is an incompetent mind-broken Lisp homo exhibitin signs of actual clinical insanity who simply copied challenge for them and did word replacement.

Lucas Cooper
Lucas Cooper

2. Text editor must have graphical user interface
Why? It's a text editor.

Tyler Johnson
Tyler Johnson

It became another point of nonexistent curiosity for Lisp homos to demonstrate after it dawned they don't have any working native GUI toolkit either. Same as requirement for executable binary.

Blake Foster
Blake Foster

Well, providing binary makes sence, because originally LISP fag claimed LISP can be compiled to a binary. What he meant by that is bundling a whole interpreter with the source code into a single binary. Kinda lame, but other languages do it too. To demonstrate that I used AutoIT to do basically the same thing. The difference is that AutoIT interpreter+source code was like 0.5mb instead of 30 (I don't remember how big the shalompad was, but it was insane) and it didn't lag at all when dealing with large files...

Anyway, everybody knows C/C++ rules the world and almost everything worth giving a damn about is written in it. LISPfag(s) got BTFO so many times I don't think it's worth beating this fucking dead horse. Still, I think it would be cool to try making your own shitpad in c/c++ just to see what one can do. I've got a small GUI library made for my game (pic related) so I guess I could just make a big window with a big edit field and have some kind of shitpad in pure c++ (only lib required is SDL for portability, runs on everything you'd ever want and more (lisp gaymachines not included)

Attached: uhh.png (78.36 KB, 1286x752)

Carter Long
Carter Long

Kinda lame
it has upsides and downsides.
upside: your application still has access to the lisp debugger and the rest of the language, so it's easier to troubleshoot it and to extend it at runtime.
downside: your application's big as well and slow as hell to start and if it forks frequently those slow down as well as the kernel ruthlessly pushes unused pages into swap
if lisp is good enough for your app, just use Erlang instead

Luke Powell
Luke Powell

your application still has access to the lisp debugger and the rest of the language, so it's easier to troubleshoot it and to extend it at runtime.
You can debug a compiled program too, ever heard of gcc ?
if lisp is good enough for your app, just use Erlang instead
I think it's not good enough for anything, that's the point of all these threads.

Application has an access to the rest of language

Attached: doublu-tee-eff-man.jpg (35.67 KB, 900x900)

Nicholas Mitchell
Nicholas Mitchell

gcc
i meant gdb

Cameron Jones
Cameron Jones

Show me how you can recover from a sigsegv then.

Gabriel Hall
Gabriel Hall

I launch the program again.