CA bill basically kills free speech

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB1424

SECTION 1. Title 14.5 (commencing with Section 3085) is added to Part 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code, to read:
TITLE 14.5. False Information Strategic Plans
3085. (a) Any person who operates a social media Internet Web site with physical presence in California shall develop a strategic plan to verify news stories shared on its Internet Web site.
(b) The strategic plan shall include, but is not limited to, all of the following:
(1) A plan to mitigate the spread of false information through news stories.
(2) The utilization of fact-checkers to verify news stories.
(3) Providing outreach to social media users regarding news stories containing false information.
(4) Placing a warning on a news story containing false information.
(c) As used in this section, “social media” means an electronic service or account, or electronic content, including, but not limited to, videos, still photographs, blogs, video blogs, podcasts, instant and text messages, email, online services or accounts, or Internet Web site profiles or locations.

Anyone living in California must oppose this every step of the way. This bill has disastrous consequences. It would basically force you to use a Ministry of Truth to verify the information on your sites and subs

Attached: download (4).jpg (480x360, 28.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB291
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

California already violated the 1st Amendment over a year ago by voting to imprison people for wrong imaginary pronouns for trannies. Nobody sued over it and it's still law. California is de facto autonomous from the US now simply because the Feds refuse to put the boot on their neck when their insane far-left government passes unconstitutional laws.

Or go the route of Fox and Comedy Central.

I know that a State has the legal right to vote for it's own secession - but can the rest of the US vote for California to secede? Like can we kick a state out of the Union? If not, why? Clearly California is not American any more - they represent antiquated draconian Soviet Ideals and have no interest in liberty, freedom or the prescience of a Constitution.

There's nothing in the Constitution that allows it, so it would have to be amended. However, there is the possibility of expatriating all citizens of a particular state. The 14th Amendment clearly says that all citizens of the US are citizens of the US first and their respective states second.

This means that anyone with the authority to strip a person of their US citizenship can do so to all citizens of California, thus stripping them of not only their citizenship, but also their representatives in Congress.

Would be a tough hill to climb, though.

holy fuck I forgot about that jesus. If I lived in CA I would definitely sue. That is bullshit, fuck them.

Would it really be a tough hill to climb though? I mean just look at California and the news coming out of there of late - it's practically another country all together. If the rest of the country excluding California had the ability to vote on this in a future where the overton window is shifting ever further in the Conservative/Right Wing camp - I could see people telling Cali to fuck off.

Especially since that's where a good chunk of the illegal aliens are not just hiding, but being harboured and treated as First Class citizens above native Californians.

California was a mistake.

DID SOMEONE MENTION FREEZE PEACH????!!!!

Attached: I_Seriously_Hope_You_Heretics_Don't_Do_This.jpg (890x890, 312.44K)

…of demographics
not because of the "feds" or "far-left government"

Meh, California can easily bend the knee if a couple SEAL teams go up to Sacramento and handle shit.

Attached: main-qimg-490842684cd7ccc8097c92f897874c32-c.jpeg (602x399, 79.59K)

Kek
(( (fact checkers)) )

Last time Facebook tried that on their site, it only ended up having more people reading it, like it symbolized a badge of honor instead. They don't understand that people are becoming more cynical of mainstream information, and want to seek out alternative sources less sanitized by fake, politically correct nonsense. Natural commentary free from restraint is becoming a much more appealing source of news to listen to. Hell, even an user's greentext shitpost is a more appealing format for a news story than what the MSM feeds people daily.

There's also the "forbidden" factor, plastering warnings and (((fact checkers))) makes the targeted item appealing, because it clear some authority has an issue with this news. It may as well have a message saying, "You should definitely read this news story regardless" written in the warning instead. Those strategies alone would actually see alternative media and popular e-celebs get a boost in traffic instead.

California delenda est
Google delenda est
Judea delenda est

Hell, I get almost all of my information about the world outside of my tri-county area, here. If it's something that interests me, I'll check other reliable sources for more information as well. I don't miss giving up talmudvision and fakestream media.

This is all the more reason to allow northern California to split and become Jefferson. Then we can declare SoCal a rogue nation state, and liberate the fuck out of them. Turn it all into harbors and shipyards.

You spelled China wrong we sold that place years ago to the chinks.

That's a funny way to say "ashes and glass".

Ashes and glass are dangerous to cleanup crews. Better that we just get rid of the invaders through less discriminate means, and repurpose the existing infrastructure, while demolishing unnecessary or unsightly structures.

We need to get the facts straight. And by straight I mean politicized to the point of denying reality in favor of bias, delusion and fabrication.

Attached: politifact versus trump.png (1260x900 208.03 KB, 318.22K)

Today the day for reposting all the same old crap?

"Reality has a liberal bias"
-t. Jewgle, Faceberg, and Tyidder

The Fourteenth Amendment through the Incorporation Doctrine, also compels state governments and not just the federal government to abide by the Bill of Rights, especially the First Amendment. California is blatantly passing unconstitutional legislation and nobody is taking them to task for it.

Artistic interpretation.
I have verified this information to the best of my ability by speaking with a source familiar with the subject.
The sources and methods by which this story was researched are a trade secret and I am not at liberty to share.

Nigga, plz.

But seriously user, there's no military solution to the California debacle. Any use of military force will be denounced worldiwide and put Trump in a quagmire, unless that was your intention, mr. shekelberg.

Attached: selous scouts.jpg (800x539, 53.02K)

niggerfeds

It would serve Trump moar to arrest the officials in cali for aiding and abetting criminals, sending a message that the rule of law is still in effect

Yeah, because that totally stopped the Civil War. Not only can we fucking massacre commie filth and kill every last man, woman, and child among them, but we fucking SHOULD.

So California's saying "don't start a new social media company in Silicon Valley unless you can afford an enormous force of censors" which I think is fine, new social media companies will be founded outside their state.

SCOTUS will take care of it, goy.

F CA

Attached: cali suicide.jpg (534x1024, 84.04K)

reminds me of AB291 (illegal to report illegal aliens). Anyone who attempts to enforce this will be trying to obstruct justice.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB291

Trump gives no shits about california unfortunately. He visited just once as president.