Anti-Psychiatry

A catch-all thread for discussion and collection of anti-psychiatry ideas, activists and information. Scientology mentions are welcome, but there's plenty non-Scientology anti-psych out there.

On that subject, It's interesting that since the HBO Scientology documentary there hasn't been much mention of it in the news. But, for all that's easily disagreeable about Scientology, the one area in which they excel is in anti-(((psichiatry))).

1. Thomas Szasz
One of the originals in the field. Well spoken. I believe he's spoken at some Scientology conferences.
hooktube.com/watch?v=Qj7GmeSAxXo

2. (((Seth Farber)))
This guy is clearly unstable and eccentric. His mannerisms can be exaggerated, but he's able to string along somewhat meaningful sentences like (((Norman Finkelstein))). He flip-flopped on the role of the orthodox church in its understanding of mental illness, though I can't remember why. He's against shock-therapy, as are most anti-psych activists. This video is attached more to show the eccentricity in his mannerisms. Just click around the video timeline, and you'll see what I mean. No need to watch the whole thing. There are more vids of his anti-psych sentiments in long-form interviews on youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=aPSxvjQ1W_8

3. R.D. Laing
His film Asylum and other efforts in the field impacted later anti-psychiatry activists.
youtube.com/watch?v=GU13rtp8GmQ

Attached: iu-3.jpeg (848x635, 67.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I find it amusing that Seth Farber can't mention Heidigger without first characterizing him as a Nazi-sympathizer. He does this in the video added to the first post at around 11:05

ok Tom

I guess some of the halfchan refugees stayed behind

MENTAL HEALTH IS MERELY SUBJUNCTIVE THERE ARE CRAZY PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ARE BAT SHIT CRAZY BUT MOST PEOPLE JUST CAN'T INTO LIFE AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO COPE WITH IT i was going to give out some fee fees to tug at everyone's heart strings but im … any who STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS its a scam and a profitable one at that GREATEST THING ANY HUMAN BEAN CAN DO IS TO DEAL WITH YOUR PROBLEMS AND STAY POSITIVE you will become a wise man it's called life the good path the only one to travel YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT

Does Thomas 'manlet' Mapother browses Zig Forums ?

Haha, I had to look that up.
Nah, I was seriously looking for more material. Oh well. Maybe it’s too off-topic.

The ability to be adjusted to this insane world requires you to be insane to some extent. Everything is artificial, fake, wrong, slanted, incorrect. I'm even starting to suspect that even basic mathematics, science itself has been getting hollowed out for a hundred years or so, if not already completely incorrect.

This
Say no to the pharmakikes
Eat well, Drink water, and Exercise

Just want to toss this in the pot - addicts receiving treatment for illicit drugs are heavily pressured into "seeing someone" and going on anti-depressants. During detox and recovery the brain and body start to balance itself out in a return to a normal baseline. I've always considered it harmful to just casually recommend more brain and body altering drugs on top of that process just cuz. Therapy is helpful, being loaded up with legal as opposed to illegal drugs is not.

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Some of those people in R.D. Laing's films really do seem disturbed. I'm sure there's a small fraction of people who are so dysfunctional that they need to be quarantined for their own safety.
But, I believe it's well-documented that the (((psychiatric))) industry over prescribes medications to people who're just going through a natural emotional reaction to real life events i.e. Depression after the death of a loved one.
I'm sure this is all preaching to the choir, but I remember when I first came across all these anti-psych figures and learned more about the industry, I was struck to learn that the DSM is just voted on by the industry. I always thought it was based on more of a scientific analysis of blood/hormones. Not to mention the fact that in order to be diagnosed with a stigmatizing condition, and prescribed addictive psychoactive drugs, one needs merely exhibit a minimum, say 3 of 11, of the criteria of behaviors to satisfy that diagnosis.

Also, plz caption the pic related.

Attached: caption this.png (579x404, 313.19K)

Now, some EU (or maybe German) study found that oxytocin can reduce xenophobia.
Imagine the psychiatric industry votes to include xenophobia as a diagnosable condition. They've got a drug ready to go.
# not my timeline

Psychology should be included as well.

Lest we forget about John Money, one of the first proponents of transgenderism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

Scientology probably wasn't that bad before the kikes took it over.

Just call them lobotomizers, that's their goal and not the means. Their idea of normal is you being a machine made of meat and they target "demographic liabilities" like White boys. Also, all those pills get into the water supply like birth control eventually.

Yep, it's total pseudo science and a tool of oppression. You'd be surprised how much our science is as fake as China's history.

One of the first things we're going to do in the new state is to round up all the crazies and decide which ones need to be gassed and which ones can be put to work.

Do you ever have suicidal thoughts, shown violence towards smaller creatures or enjoy manipulating others? You're text book crazy already and should be put on anti-psychotics but you might as well go all the way.

i was pissed off about israel and syria and went on a drunken rant to my pathetic boomer greatest ally prophecy christcuck parents and they suggested i go on anti-depressants and just go to work and forget everything.
TOP WEW
god i hate boomers.

oooh rekt'em.

To be fair since we emptied the asylums we've gotten shit like furries.
Care in the community has clearly failed.

ITT: People butthurt they had to go to therapy as kids

Noticed how much better things were when these people were locked up and medicated past the point self-awareness did ya? Well those times are gone. Now the mentally ill have a voice with which to speak for all of the voices in their head. Pretty soon we are going to have a one voice, one vote policy and the country will be run by schizos. A great future is on the horizon, and it is all thanks to deinstitutionalization.

Here's an idea: Stop drinking.

Pretty much.

Do you know why Scientology is anti-psychiatry? It's because they recruit and brainwash crazy people.

Bodily Health = Mental Health

The first thing to do is cleanse your gut, your small intestines and colon, so that you can achieve a level of clarity in thought. This can be done via a salt water flush and more long term strategies to clean out and maintain the gut.

Then you need to cleanse the blood and get rid of inflammation. Do you research on this and find what resonates with you, but do your research. Look into herbs like Burdock for the liver (important) and Fo-Ti for the kidneys (also important).

After you clean your gut along with your blood and organs, look into things like candida, parasites, and heavy metal. If you were vaccinated then you had an injection of thimerasol, aka aluminum and mercury, two of the most toxic heavy metals. Alkalinity is key here.

Get rid of the internal jew and the external will follow.

Attached: Compassion.png (634x415 50.61 KB, 56.42K)

i have a better idea, check my digits before you open your torfag mouth, bitch. p.s. mine beat yours

Nearly forgot - pharmaceuticals destroy the liver while only masking symptoms. They don't deal with the root issue which is why people's health, 9 out of 10 times, deteriorate from medication and die an early death.

Cancer, Diabetes, HIV, these can all be healed through proper cleansing of the body. Let alone various mental conditions. It's been proven Serotonin is produced primarily in the gut. Serotonin is the happiness hormone. What does this mean if your colon is clogged with 5+ years of fermenting fecal matter, and invested with worms? The CDC says 85% of the USA has intestinal parasites. If you are in Asia or Europe it could be worse. 8 out of 10 people have parasites. It's not a matter of "Do I?", it's a matter of "How Many?"

What digits, faggot?

Don't forget the super male vitality.

Template thread

Jung did nothing wrong.

Oh I get it. You've been found out as mentally abnormal.

You understand the point of eugenics is to improve the race so people like you are never born, right? We'll have to start somewhere.

Zig Forums is all about militarizing asspies and schizoids, look how far we've come.

Sort of. There's an immune system response here because of the anonymous nature.

It tends to drive out anyone who's too out there but it also attracts some weirdos.

I was just poking fun at you, now I actually think you're an ungrounded larping crazy that plebbit spaces. You should go meditate and deal with that wrath vice before it gets you into trouble.

Reading through the thread, I get the idea that some skeptics of anti-psychiatry believe those in the movement want to release to the streets all those people suffering with maladapted views of the world, and maladapted behavior. Speaking for myself, I don't think that would help.
You have to be sure to make the distinction between behavior and thoughts. I'm sure plenty of people have strange thoughts, but because they have enough self control not to act on those thoughts, they are free to live their lives. For those people who cannot take care of themselves, I do think they should be removed from the streets, but the real question is whether psychoactive chemicals are the answer.
If you're just spazzing out with skepticism over anti-psychiatry, I would suggest you strongly consider the possibility that the DSM will continue to expand, to include behaviors like shitposting. Does that sound funny? It won't be that funny when you're being hauled away. Also, check out the Baker Act if you think we still don't lock people up.

You know, they really didn't get rid of asylums. They only transformed their image. Today, we have behavioral health centers. It's pretty much the same thing.

I'd like to see proof of this. It's plausible.

Psychiatry is primarily about reducing symptoms and "getting the right dose" if the symptoms continue to disrupt normal behavior. I once taught lessons to a kid who was about 8 or 9 years old. He would act up every now and then and was pretty rude. The parents would say week after week, "we're so sorry, he has ADHD and we're just working on getting the right dose." This was like 15 years ago. Of course, I was horrified. The kid was just being a kid and needed discipline, maybe even spankings or what not, but he was being dosed up with some ADHD chemicals.

Attached: Electro shock therapy.png (567x406, 314.61K)

You get more mercury out of eating two cans of tuna than you do out of a vaccination. And before you say "well that's not injected directly into your bloodstream" you should be aware that fish-borne mercury is perfectly bioavailable and you absorb practically all of it though the gut. Which is why the FDA tells pregnant women to avoid ocean fish.

As for removing the vaccine-borne mercury from your system, sorry. Ethylmercury has a half-life of 14 days. Unless you had a vaccine this month It's long gone.

The best way to "cleanse your body of toxins" is to eat a diet rich in vegetables and fruit, low in meat, and drink clean water. Toxic compounds bioaccumulate up the food chain. Eat lower on the food chain and your exposure will be lower. There is nothing you can put in your mouth that will cause environmental toxins to magically flush out of your organs. Not any faster than your normal biochemical processes allow, anyway.

EDTA can be injected to remove mercury and lead from the bloodstream, but it has nasty side effects, and you don't want that unless you're suffering from acute heavy metal poisoning

I have a bit of OCD, never took meds before. What natural things are there to help?

Agreed. That's why I don't eat fish, especially sushi due to the parasites.

Source for this? Heavy metals can accumulate in tissue throughout the human body. Chelation is one of the last steps for detoxification due to the very extreme reactions that can flare up. Attempting to detox heavy metals before you heal the gut and the organs can be fatal.

I agree with everything you said about bioaccumulation and eating a fruit and vegetable rich diet. Meat should be avoided, although I am still not 100% on a v e g a n diet or not, it should be avoided if one has not currently cleansed their body.

Although
Is wrong. There are many herbs and natural remedies that cleanse the body. These have been around for thousands of years.

It's modern mans folly to reject God's medicine while reveling in sickness.

Like I said above, synthetic pharmaceuticals damage the liver. If you are a normalfag, who takes pills, drinks alcohol, eats dehydrating food, drinks soda, etc. your liver is absolutely fucked, and your kidneys and pancreas are most likely as well.

Your body is a TEMPLE. Your body is the KINGDOM OF GOD. The SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN has deceived us all. The first key of waking up is healing the body.

holy basil, green tea, chamomile

no therapy
no drugs
no listening

only RWDS now

You miss that there is a second barrier in your body and that is the blood-brain barrier. It is great for filtering out water soluble substances while letting fat soluble substances trough. Your gut is good at absorbing water soluble substances but does not do as good when absorbing fat soluble nutrients. Ethylmercury sounds quite fat soluble (ethyl-) with omnious consequences for your brain if injected. Its not just the amount of mercury, its also the chemical composition and location in your body. From a technical and caseologic standpoint the anti-vaxers have more to stand on than the pro-vaxers whose only argument is an appeal to authority.