The big kvetsch: Almost half of US families can't afford basics like rent and food

The big kvetsch: Almost half of US families can't afford basics like rent and food

Nearly 51 million households don't earn enough to afford a monthly budget that includes housing, food, child care, health care, transportation and a cell phone, according to a study released Thursday by the United Way ALICE Project. That's 43% of households in the United States.

Some 66% of jobs in the US pay less than $20 an hour.

money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/news/economy/us-middle-class-basics-study/index.html

On a related note, the banks haven't really let the properties from the housing crash go back cheaply to goys, but instead they were offloaded in bulk to jewbros at Blackstone etc.

dailyherald.com/business/20170820/is-america-becoming-a-nation-of-renters

Shlomo now owns your house, prevents new housing from being built and squeezes you to homelessness.

Soon they'll outlaw gun ownership as well and most muricans will be landless peasants begging for jobs like 3rd world people…

Attached: 6506314-hand-squeezing-lemon-isolated-on-white.jpg (863x1300, 61.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/09/13/how-much-americans-at-have-in-their-savings-accounts.html
forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/01/06/63-of-americans-dont-have-enough-savings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The banks and boomers won't fucking let any new houses be built. They put all their assets into property and now want to jew it up for x, y, and soon z gens.

Cash strapped millenials will probably offload boomer houses to banks once inherited to party it up in a tiny 1BR in LA or NY in a final hedonistic blip before whites become a total minority in the US.

Banks will own most properties, pretty much as in the game Monopoly where the biggest property owner is able to squeeze all players to death slowly but surely.

Attached: index.jpg (219x230, 9.92K)

You can be comfy if you earn around 20$ an hour and work a 10 hour day. That would be around 50-60k a year. That’s nowhere near poverty levels. It’s pretty much middle class in 80% of America. Of course in cities like New York, San Fran etc, you’d adjust that to 25$ an hour for cost of living. Which employers have to do to get competenant workers.

(((They))) will divert and obfuscate total domination of the property market though via their many vehicles from (((private equity companies))) to (((real estate investment trusts))) so a crackdown will never happen and average goy will never know that one group really owns most housing.

TOPKEK.. They're so selfish they're spending it all before they die literally and get into trouble hence all the stories about them eating dogfood after they blew it all on luxury class a rvs they couldn't afford maintenance on. They're sucking social security dry this system was never sustainable and leftists are evil cunts that hate kids especially since so many of them have none of their own.

Did you see that "less than" there? Also consider that not everyone in the country is a childless manchild. Many people have dependents or at least have circumstances which mean they are not just funding themselves.

$15 is pretty common these days even for skilled work outside of gov / military industrial complex jobs

who wants to do actual focused work for 10h a day?

call me lazy but 8h a day is max for me

factor in lack of benefits in a low of jobs ($500 a month health insurance anyone) and you're barely scraping by

Now that just poor planning.

At least we get to live in interesting times.

yeah
getting suckered into a lifelong debt to buy or rent a house for each generation,no, each child of each generation
Pathetic really
If families pooled their rent and mortgage money they could afford huge properties

Yeah, I saw the less $20 hr figure which could be $9-$19 an hour. Someone making 17,18,19 dollars an hour is not even close to poverty. The “less than $20 dollars an hour” stat is usless if it’s trying to make the claim that under 20$ an hour isn’t a liveable wage. Minimum wage to to $16-$20hr is a huge difference in weekly income.

So much for protestant work ethic. The decline of religion didn't make people more logical or reasonable or better, it made everything much worse.

We're not going back to clans, Cletus McDingus. The nuclear was a perfect

Did you see my point about dependents? Do you know what those are? $20 an hour may be enough for an individual, but not if you have a family.

10 hour day is standard for wage slaving. Some worker-bee automatons do 12 hour days or 6 day work weeks.

It certainly made them less reliable (at work), kek.

No we'll just have to fight for our freedom ,and we'll win, so yeah let them play their games all they're doing is digging their own graves

I make over $100k and with a wife that stays at home with our newborn even I find it nearly impossible not to have to dip into my savings nearly every month and I've got two paid off older cars (low ins), a cell phone provided by my company and I'm not shopping at whole foods I'm hitting up Aldi and costco. One of the real killers for me is health care though. Nearly $2k after taxes PER MONTH (in addition to what my employer pays) and they still don't cover shit so I end up paying doctors directly in cash sometimes.

Then you’d be talking about household income, which isn’t the statistic used. Yeah, 20$ an hour household income with two kids would be brutal. 35-40$ isn’t bad. It’s middle class.

Yeah, your wife has to work. Which is the norm for the middle/working class.(thanks jews) If she makes 15-20 an hour, you’d be completely fine. Not even close to poverty. Again, adjust for cost of living in expensive metro areas.

This is your nation on Judaism

What the hell are you doing? I don't even agree with the people a few posts up who say you can't comfortably raise a family on $20ph.

Human desire is truly infinite.

HMMMM

Attached: ougi condescending laugh.webm (288x216, 103.36K)

Zig Forums your word filters are getting really fucking gay.

Absolute income aka you making six figures doesn't mean shit. Where do you live? That's what matters.

Blame the board owner. The word filters are sometimes funny but they either overstay their welcome or are outright cringe like Religion of Cuck™.

Single mothers are not families.

Good point.

The Twitter one better still be there, that one was allright, though v e g a n Unless if it's ok to say vegan now was funny after the youtube shooting

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered…. I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies…. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

I'm originally from Germany where people fought hard for the 40h work week.

Germans pity muricans that work insane hours in multiple jobs and still can't make ends meet.

You got brainwashed by jews into self sacrificial work ethics for their benefit.

Nobody ever worked this hard in the history of mankind my friend while largely not even being able to feed a family…

Gott bless NSDAP

Nah, the filters are funny

Jesus Fuck, murricans, I'll never make fun of you guys again. All I feel is pity.
In Europe, working 9 hours a day is already seen as an hard effort, 10 is for extraordinary situations or emergencies.
At least here people still realize that those two extra hours are two hours you don't spend with your family.
No wonder your young'uns are fucked up in the head, the jobmarket stole them their own parents.
Fucking hell, how did that happen. You guys work more than Germans and germans are… well… germans, you know.
And for 20$ an hour? I'm converting that and making some calculations to compare with some euro countries, but in all the major one's I know of, that's like 60% of our average middle class salary. And without benefits too.

You guys realize you're fucked right? Like, seriously, rightly proper fucked. It's at the point that americans souldn't fear becoming slaves. You should really start thinking how to free yourselves.
Maybe the niggers are onto something, you should "free" yourselves and ask Israel for reparaushions.

You lazy fucks fought hard for the 0h work week and get more gibs than American niggers. Hilarious.

If you are making around 15-20$ an hour and working 50hrs a week, there’s no way you are “struggling to make ends meet.” Look at your average American highway and it’s full of shiny new pickup trucks and SUVs with very well fed Americans sitting in them. Stop pretending the American middle class are impoverished peasants from a Charles Dickens novel.

It's almost like Marx was right.

You mean Hitler

He's wrong about everything starting with value labour theory. If anything the lolbergs and Hitler were right about the banks.

damn

>the housing crisis was/is caused by factory owners and not the (((banks)))

Thanks, (((Chaim Hirschel Mordecai "Karl" Marx))), you are my greatest ally.

After 2008 several banks gained control of an immense amount of foreclosed houses which they deemed as a loss if sold. Naturally the majority of banks just held on to them after they received their bail out (thanks, King Nigger). Today those houses are no longer a loss if sold, but most are kept off of the market to decrease the supply of available homes. This drives up the value of the homes which banks choose to list on the market. tl;dr hitler was right about everything

Yea. I slowly came to the realization that ill never own a house less I buy a plot in the sticks and build it myself. Even then ill need like 160k.

lol

50hr work weeks drain ones quality of life. Youre never home enough to raise your kids right, stay fit/healthy or just enjoy the fruits of your labor.

kek

How are you going to build with all the regulations and zoning laws and other bs? There's reason new houses aren't being built and kikes should have been gassed for the financial crisis at best we got the (((Lehman Brothers))) enslaved to the japs.

This is all coming from my own personal experience so take it with a grain of salt. I completely agree with the OP post of course.

The average American seems to rake in roughly around 2-3 grand a month, while of course working around 50-60 hour work weeks with very little to no vacation or off time whatsoever unless they wanna get completely screwed. Average rent, even for literal mudhuts, is around 1,000-1,500 a month. Already that's half your monthly earnings. Utilities, I'd say around 500 a month for everything. Those two things already factor in to 1,500-2,000 dollars gone right there.

Car insurance? Anywhere from 100-400 dollars. Food? With the prices of food now? Easily between 300-400 a month even for single person homes unless you live off nothing but ramen. So that's another 400-800 dollars gone. Gas? 50-150 bucks a month depending on what you drive, anything bigger than a small pickup and that's easily tripled if not even quadrupled. You get my point.

The cost of living is skyrocketing exponentially as the years go by as wages get exponentially lower and with all of that the standard of living plummets like a fucking boulder. You have a nation of people forced into massive debt just to survive who spend their entire lives relentlessly working themselves to the bone with little to no rest at any point in time. That is textbook slavery, pair that with the dystopian hellhole the kikes are lovingly crafting for their goyim playthings and you have the nightmare we're all living in now. There is no changing the (((system))) as it is the very system itself that is profane and corrupt to the very core. People like Ron Paul and company seem to thankfully understand that. Of course I could sit here once again and tell people that the only chance of salvation they have is taking action but I don't feel like wasting my breath anymore. Expect our lives including those of our children to get much much much worse over the next few decades. I suggest hoarding every single commodity you can find while you are still able to get it because even coffee will be worth its weight in gold when that time comes. This isn't the future we chose but one that was kindly bestowed upon us by our benevolent hook-nosed overlords, it's all for our own good after all goyim. Enjoy living a life that none of our forebears ever experienced since the Stine Age. Considering the technological and social differences now I would say it'll be even worse than simply living in the dirt picking for worms.

Deport spics. Put women back in the kitchen. Wages would go over $20 per hour.

unless said property owner lands in jail … then the money can go back to the community chest

and then I get luck and pull a yellow card

damn thats a good game, there should be monopoly 101 as a civics and economics course

You haven't read it though.

Who are you quoting?
(((Banks))) are financial capitalists who receive surplus value from money. Unless they have 0.0% interest rate.

I only work 18-20 hours can't find any jobs that pay full time. I don't understand how so many people could take two jobs when my schedule varies weekly.

*I only work 18-20 hours a week

The necessity for both parents to work full time in order to have a comfy middle class life is the problem. It’s not a man going to work for 10hrs a day. Not to mention all the other societal jew poison in our culture that attacks the working-middle class family unit.

they're neck deep in debt

nobody in the US buys cars cash except chinese immigrants

and if you want any pussy you better have a shiny new car

few guys and even fewer women have such an IDGAF attitude that they don't care about driving in a busted looking low end car with 100k miles on it if they can afford payments on a nice looking higher end one

US is deep debt nation as evident by the subprime housing crisis

for everyone who can easily service car and house payments everybody else is one paycheck away from defaulting

cnbc.com/2017/09/13/how-much-americans-at-have-in-their-savings-accounts.html

forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/01/06/63-of-americans-dont-have-enough-savings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/

50 hr work weeks are bullshit. Did it for 3 years and I regret it so much. Lost out on a lot of life events but mostly I regret what it did to my health. And for what? I didn't get ahead as much as you think it does and taxes rape the absolute shit out of OT pay.

Better to start a biz instead of working overtime for the man but excessive work hours are pretty much a no go either way after 30 unless you want to be a limp dicked balding overweight / scrawny dude that can't do anything with his shekels anyway.

What? Are you Canadian? I can see that being a thing in Canada. You remind me of the typical non-American that gets his view of America from Zig Forums. The “no used cars being sold” claim is patently false. If that were the case, there wouldn’t be thousands of car dealerships and endless advertisements for new cars. Also, living paycheck to paycheck in order to maintain high standard of living isn’t a sign of poverty. At the end of the day, most middle class whites could cut thier expenses in half by just living a meager low class life. So it’s not a case of paycheck to paycheck to literally survive. It’s paycheck to paycheck so they don’t lose social status as a middle class acceptable white. Also that financial data on America is obviously tainted by blacks and Hispanics. Not your average white American.

This will sound insane but ~$100k isn't that much once you have a kid. My wife and I make around $120k combined which seems like a lot but let me break things down for you:

>Deduct the 37% national average tax burden (this covers all taxes, property, income, payroll, liquor, fuel, etc) for purposes of a rough estimation

All said and done, that leaves us with anywhere between $300 and $500 per month to cover everything else. We certainly have better months than others but that's the average "free budget" I arrive at after backing out all necessary expenses.

I used to do 14 hours regularly. Considered suicide around the same time.

I have 12.4k and I constantly feel like I'm hanging on by a thread

That's excessive, my water is $50 and electric is around $150 trash is $13, I don't have gas and internet is $50

you'll always be a genetic failure, user

You either blatantly misread his post or you have the readind skills of a 5th grader. He specifically stated:

>nobody in the US buys cars cash except chinese immigrants

That is a demonstrably true as even the most dimwitted financial advisor will tell you to invest your cash elsewhere as long as interest rates on car loans remain nearly free (0% for 60 months is still common, at worst you'll get 2.9% for 60). The theoretical $25k you would spend on a Honda Accord is better utilized in the markets where it will return 5-7% at worst. The problem isn't so much the debt itself as I just showed why it can make sense to take that debt even when one had cash on hand, the problem is that of people buying above their means because financing is just so damn cheap and/or available to those who have such bad credit that no sane individual would ever trust them to make payments.

My electric is ~$200 on average (it's fucking hot here and my HVAC is an old 10 Seer that I need to replace), my gas bill is ~$75 on average ($20 meter read fee per month, gas stove and water heater, mild winters), water+sewer is ~$75 ($40 meter read per month, fuck me), internet is ~$60 and we have no TV package, and city trash+recycling is $50.

You're right, I was a little high because I used my power bill for the past 2 months instead of a year round average. The meter reading fees are really what piss me off but I only have one choice for water and gas so they have me by the balls.

I'm a boomer, I'm leaving my house and everything else to my kids.
Sorry if YOUR parents were Jewish, libtarded, pieces of shit that really never loved you, or thought you were worth a shit, but don't try and hang that on me.

Social Security has an almost 3 trillion dollar surplus, and that money was put there by boomers.
Since most Americans can't pay back those bonds, the richfags have been engaging in boomer-hate astroturfing, to try and get poorfag dupes on their side, when they try to stop tax increases on the wealthy to pay back those bonds.
You're either part of it, or a dupe.

I missed the cash part. Yeah, I see nothing wrong with financing a car within your means. I object to the claim that buying/financing a car above your means and being a missed paycheck or two away from getting it repossessed is a sign of some kind of economic disaster for the working-middle class.

Go back to your racemixing orgy you aging druggie.

Why work 10 hour days? I make $30k a year and I am comfortable and I have a house.

Boomers spawned and raised most of the millennial menace. Your fault.

I’m not complaining about working 10hrs a day. I don’t fault you for decision.

It's nobody's fault you can't cope with the adult world and that safe spaces (unheard of for all of human history until now) were invented specifically for your generation.
Stay weak and LARP on your containment board. Hitler would literally gas every one of you without regret.

*your

Positioning yourself into a hoarding situation is a luxury though. I think the most realistic way to combat this situation is to return to family based income pooling. If John has 3 white kids and they all work with him to build a shared financial portfolio through combined efforts then the burden is lessened. People who are prudent will realize it's time to return to the clan age and stop fucking sending their kids off to get slaughtered by jewry as soon as they are done with high school. If we can slay the dragon of White selfishness and overdosing on individualism their is a path to prosperity

literally why
are you dying

Reported. You'll be banned, deleted, and forgotten.

You could thank king nigger care for that one and if you end up using your insurance your gonna pay the other half of the hospital bill

1950's construction is the sweet spot.

It's nearly impossible to find good contractors. I think the circle of trust is broken in too many places (illegal labor, builder-grade bullshit, deadbeat customers, ect…)

So don't get an ancient house that requires a ton of outsourced rehab work, and avoid new construction.

Don't forget inheritance tax. In Ireland, if my parents died suddenly tomorrow, the taxes I'd have to pay necessitates selling the house I live in. Jews can circumvent this legislation through loads of loopholes and other means (One such way involves selling the house to their children and their children charging rent to the parents but the revenue office will getcha for that if you're not buddies with the government.)

They honestly don't want us making society better. Our rulers are just straight up evil, they want to create as much injustice and mayhem as possible.

Attached: 1369266558015.png (640x384, 80.33K)

They are literally the bad guys
Its a fucking saturday morning cartoon that got too real

You are the bad guy.

You are the one who claims to know the problem, yet you have not solved it.

The leftists say: The people with power/money are the problem. And they do nothing.

And you say: The people with power/money are the problem. And you do nothing.

You are all weak and impotent. Pathetic. Have you forgotten what true sacrifice is?

TRUE SACRIFICE IS DEATH.

Stay triggered, cuck.
BTW, I'm still here and you're still queer.

lead the way and set the example tbh

That's the most disgusting part of this. They're purposely trying to halt advancement of society, it sickens me to no end.

I make around $80k in a smallish town and even with absurd Canadian taxes I have no trouble saving up despite making zero effort to actually save.

It helps being a kissless virgin though.

Yeah, exactly. All these faggots saying things like that but not doing it themselves and setting the example are the worst idiots around.

I work full time for a telecom with no benefits, for $12 an hour (after 8 years of promotions and cost of living raises) with no potential for pay increases even with promotion since a new company took over and trashed all benefits. 40 hours a week, with some overtime here and there. How do I live on that? I barely eat, constantly sleep, don't spend money on shit like cigarettes, alcohol, movies, or other such nonsense. I have no health care, I own a used car and pay the bare minimum for (((insurance))). Yesterday I had pancakes for breakfast, and a sandwich for dinner. Today, I'm probably going to have a glass of milk and a sandwich, and round out the rest of the day with water.

I don't worry too much, because if it gets worse, I have a shotgun.

pooling doesn't do much unless you do high ROI stuff together like buying up houses, renovating and flipping them (which is part of the speculatory cancer and busted people in 2008)

if you invest money single handedly into stocks, buttcoins or w/e in a pool or on your own doesn't really matter the result is the same

chinese people do it the right way: they pay for their kids education in cash and cultivate connections so they can get them jobs via cronyism if needed

they also tend to have stable homes and make sure the kid studies

although they're dull, boring people, being dull and boring allows you to weather hard times much better than being an excitement seeking guy that doesn't have the means to afford anything exciting but meth perhaps

When it's time to march, we march as a unit.
Men who go alone are less effective than men who fight as a proper unit.

The signal to defend our culture, our rights, our freedoms, our very lives, and the future of our children will come soon. Sweden is already sounding the alarms and delivering information on the war. Things are coming to a head, and we must fight. We must fight.

Do not tell me that we cannot win. Do not tell me that we cannot have victory. Do not tell me that all we are capable of is mere guerilla warfare. We are not insurgents.

We are the people.

We are the free men of the world, and we do not need to fight as mere rebels or radicals.
We are the people, and we will fight, and we will win.

Can't have a "revolution" without shitty living conditions; poverty is a weapon of social control. It's why they're importing all these Marxist Mexicans, the largest human migration in human history, for the big show.
What saddens me most is that a lot of Europeans want to see Americans burn for what their rulers did.

Attached: 1361015778725.jpg (600x305, 38.91K)

there are lots of legal ways such as trusts in most western countries to retain assets without taxation upon death

I agreé with that. If you're truly middle class, as in you have a steady job and a household income of at least $50k, you have to actively try to destroy your credit rating to the point where you wouldn't be approved for a prime interest rate on a new or used car loan. There has never been a better time to buy a new or good,reliable used car as long as you have good credit. Even a total poorfag can walk into a Mitsubishi or Nissan dealer and drive away with a brand new Mirage or Versa, with a 5+ year warranty, for a hair under $10k. That's simply insane if you compare the quality of either of those econoboxes to any equivalent available back in the 70's, 80's, or 90's.

That said, there is a looming threat on the horizon in the form of the subprime auto loan industry. That sector may appeal solely to the working poor and lower middle class, but if it bursts, the ramifications will be felt by everyone. We're actually starting to see a rise in subprime auto loan delinquencies which may be the first indicator that the bubble is about to burst, something which is inevitable when the entire sector is built upon selling used cars at inflsted values with 25%+ APR financing.

What's interesting is that the subprime auto financing industry is a relatively new phenomenon and I believe its existence can be traced directly to Obama's Cash for Clunkers program (official name: Car Allowance Rebate System). C4C was a borderline corporate welfare program that gave the owner of any car less than 25 years old a rebate of $4,000 if they traded it in on the purchase or 5 year lease of a new car. The actual intent of the to boost sales for the Big 3 domestic manufacturers plus foreign makes who manifacture cars in the US, although it was sold on environmental grounds (get old gas hogs off the road and replace them with cleaner and more efficient new cars).

The problem with C4C was that it effectively wiped out the bottom of the used car market. Not only did C4C wind up removing 700,000 sub-$4k used cars from the market, anyone who owned a car worth less than $4k but still capable of affording a new car in 2009 was the kind of owner likely to maintain a vehicle on above average condition. This effectively eliminated the cheap, yet reliable used car from existence and the effect on the wsy in which lower middle class bought vehicles has been profound.

Prior to C4C, the idea of financing a first car or a basic but reliable commuter car was unheard of. When it came to buying my first car in 2005, I was able to get a bullet proof 1993 Honds Civic for $2,250 and everyone else I knew was in a similar boat. A part time high school job could easily provide enough income to make saving up ~$2k in a matter of months a feasible goal and the same applied to the working poor. That all ended when C4C raped the used car market, effectively setting a price floor of $4k for even the worst condition cars, while economy cars weren't eligible, the reduced supply of less efficieny vehicles caused prices to skyrocket in response to an unchanged level of demand. Suddenly the prospects of being able to save up for a reliable vehicle in a reasonable span of time evaporated.

Just because entry level used cars effectively doubled in price doesn't mean the working poor and lower middle class could suddenly find a way around needing a car to get to work. How can someone with no savings, a low income, and terrible/no credit get a car? That's where the shady "Buy Here, Pay Here" dealers and subprime lenders stepped in. The problem is that they can't exactly get cars cheaper than $4k either and the income of their clientele is often so low that they know there will be an anormous delinquency and default rate no matter what. Since buyers from those demographics have to buy a car, a whole system of abusive usury and market distorting incentives have taken shape to keep this disgusting economic machine churning.

Sacrifices must be made for the holy land. The US is not holy land.

Attached: Israel Using American Tech for Free.png (592x472, 307.02K)

Much freedoms. Bullshit. Freedom is seeing 7.62 x 54 r split a neighbors head like a watermelon. We are not fucking free in the USA.

The USA is a fucking Nigger Jude country.

Buy an old house and repair it yourself.
It's a good chance for you to learn how to do some actual manly labor, like woodworking, plumbing, electrical, etc.
And you can acquire tools that will help you the rest of your life, and you can pass on to your kids.

I'm sorry to hear that user. I hope the kikes to blame for all this die before you decide to kill yourself, god forbid it gets any worse for you.

At least kill some kike richfags and die fighting their pets instead of turning it on yourself.
No use going to Valhalla without a dog at your feet.